BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 2:46:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/perks?v=1&s=4f13cf6&d=p02pd2pk2pp2pl2sv0e10c62ic4a72ar2an2ao0lr2sd2lt2s12&w=at1lm2sa0pa0p80p90c72i30im1i71in1i50iq2ia0&n=Stealthy%20Gun-Fu

Using your link,  I came up with that build

Few questions,

The science levels. For the gauss rifle, how many levels of science do I really need to build it and max out the mods?

I know you mentioned mister sandman, is it really worth it as it only applies at night?

Only one I maxed out was Perception.   The build I am going for;

Stealth using gauss and lever action with a side of shotgun. (For those oh shit moments)

Once I get the Chinese suit, that's all I'll be using. No interest in power armor.
View Quote

Gauss Rifle; To craft a regular Gauss, you only need Science at one rank. For mods, the highest requirement was Science Master at one rank. There are a total of 30 mods for that weapon.

Mister Sandman isn't necessary, but it certainly helps. For Sneak Attacks it can mean the difference between 2.5x damage, and 3.75x damage. I have it, and use it sometimes, but it isn't a necessity.

As per the build.

3x Ranks of Shotgunner giving 20% increase can be swapped for 1 rank each of Shotgunner, Master Shotgunner, and Expert Shotgunner, for a total of 30% increase at the same SPECIAL cost. Something to consider, especially if it's only for backup. More efficient. Enforcer works well if you're using the shotgun as an "Oh Shit" backup, and I see you may have extra Agility points to spare.

12 IN is probably much higher than necessary, IMO. You could probably drop it to 8, since the crafting cards won't be used often at all, and you can just swap them in as needed. Rarely are you hacking terminals in this game, either. I consider them all utility perks, and only bust them out as needed, as it really isn't often. Those extra points can go elsewhere to much greater effect (Recommend Luck).

If you're a VATS build, 4LC might be supplemented with Better Criticals (with redistributed IN points). Keep in mind that if you grab a weapon with the second legendary effect 50% Critical Damage, it doesn't stack with the perk. They have overriding logic. At some point you'll definitely decide you want Mutations. That's two ranks of Luck for Starched Genes, and 3 more for Class Freak - something to keep in mind for the future.

Another thing to remember is that after level 50, you can start swapping SPECIAL points around, and fine tune your build as you find what works with your play style, and doesn't. So nothing is locked in permanently.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 3:00:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By CouncilOfDave:

Gauss Rifle; To craft a regular Gauss, you only need Science at one rank. For mods, the highest requirement was Science Master at one rank. There are a total of 30 mods for that weapon.

Mister Sandman isn't necessary, but it certainly helps. For Sneak Attacks it can mean the difference between 2.5x damage, and 3.75x damage. I have it, and use it sometimes, but it isn't a necessity.

As per the build.

3x Ranks of Shotgunner giving 20% increase can be swapped for 1 rank each of Shotgunner, Master Shotgunner, and Expert Shotgunner, for a total of 30% increase at the same SPECIAL cost. Something to consider, especially if it's only for backup. More efficient. Enforcer works well if you're using the shotgun as an "Oh Shit" backup, and I see you may have extra Agility points to spare. 

12 IN is probably much higher than necessary, IMO. You could probably drop it to 8, since the crafting cards won't be used often at all, and you can just swap them in as needed. Rarely are you hacking terminals in this game, either. I consider them all utility perks, and only bust them out as needed, as it really isn't often. Those extra points can go elsewhere to much greater effect (Recommend Luck). 

If you're a VATS build, 4LC might be supplemented with Better Criticals (with redistributed IN points). Keep in mind that if you grab a weapon with the second legendary effect 50% Critical Damage, it doesn't stack with the perk. They have overriding logic. At some point you'll definitely decide you want Mutations. That's two ranks of Luck for Starched Genes, and 3 more for Class Freak - something to keep in mind for the future. 

Another thing to remember is that after level 50, you can start swapping SPECIAL points around, and fine tune your build as you find what works with your play style, and doesn't. So nothing is locked in permanently. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:
https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/perks?v=1&s=4f13cf6&d=p02pd2pk2pp2pl2sv0e10c62ic4a72ar2an2ao0lr2sd2lt2s12&w=at1lm2sa0pa0p80p90c72i30im1i71in1i50iq2ia0&n=Stealthy%20Gun-Fu

Using your link,  I came up with that build

Few questions, 

The science levels. For the gauss rifle, how many levels of science do I really need to build it and max out the mods?

I know you mentioned mister sandman, is it really worth it as it only applies at night?

Only one I maxed out was Perception.   The build I am going for;

Stealth using gauss and lever action with a side of shotgun. (For those oh shit moments) 

Once I get the Chinese suit, that's all I'll be using. No interest in power armor.

Gauss Rifle; To craft a regular Gauss, you only need Science at one rank. For mods, the highest requirement was Science Master at one rank. There are a total of 30 mods for that weapon.

Mister Sandman isn't necessary, but it certainly helps. For Sneak Attacks it can mean the difference between 2.5x damage, and 3.75x damage. I have it, and use it sometimes, but it isn't a necessity.

As per the build.

3x Ranks of Shotgunner giving 20% increase can be swapped for 1 rank each of Shotgunner, Master Shotgunner, and Expert Shotgunner, for a total of 30% increase at the same SPECIAL cost. Something to consider, especially if it's only for backup. More efficient. Enforcer works well if you're using the shotgun as an "Oh Shit" backup, and I see you may have extra Agility points to spare. 

12 IN is probably much higher than necessary, IMO. You could probably drop it to 8, since the crafting cards won't be used often at all, and you can just swap them in as needed. Rarely are you hacking terminals in this game, either. I consider them all utility perks, and only bust them out as needed, as it really isn't often. Those extra points can go elsewhere to much greater effect (Recommend Luck). 

If you're a VATS build, 4LC might be supplemented with Better Criticals (with redistributed IN points). Keep in mind that if you grab a weapon with the second legendary effect 50% Critical Damage, it doesn't stack with the perk. They have overriding logic. At some point you'll definitely decide you want Mutations. That's two ranks of Luck for Starched Genes, and 3 more for Class Freak - something to keep in mind for the future. 

Another thing to remember is that after level 50, you can start swapping SPECIAL points around, and fine tune your build as you find what works with your play style, and doesn't. So nothing is locked in permanently. 

Thanks.

Have you used the level guide on the page? Its a bit wonky.

I see kinda where they are going with it, but it might be easier just to jot down a level progression for myself.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 3:11:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks.

I see kinda where they are going with it, but it might be easier just to jot down a level progression for myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Using your link,  I came up with that build

Few questions,

The science levels. For the gauss rifle, how many levels of science do I really need to build it and max out the mods?

I know you mentioned mister sandman, is it really worth it as it only applies at night?

Only one I maxed out was Perception.   The build I am going for;

Stealth using gauss and lever action with a side of shotgun. (For those oh shit moments)

Once I get the Chinese suit, that's all I'll be using. No interest in power armor.

Gauss Rifle; To craft a regular Gauss, you only need Science at one rank. For mods, the highest requirement was Science Master at one rank. There are a total of 30 mods for that weapon.

Mister Sandman isn't necessary, but it certainly helps. For Sneak Attacks it can mean the difference between 2.5x damage, and 3.75x damage. I have it, and use it sometimes, but it isn't a necessity.

As per the build.

3x Ranks of Shotgunner giving 20% increase can be swapped for 1 rank each of Shotgunner, Master Shotgunner, and Expert Shotgunner, for a total of 30% increase at the same SPECIAL cost. Something to consider, especially if it's only for backup. More efficient. Enforcer works well if you're using the shotgun as an "Oh Shit" backup, and I see you may have extra Agility points to spare.

12 IN is probably much higher than necessary, IMO. You could probably drop it to 8, since the crafting cards won't be used often at all, and you can just swap them in as needed. Rarely are you hacking terminals in this game, either. I consider them all utility perks, and only bust them out as needed, as it really isn't often. Those extra points can go elsewhere to much greater effect (Recommend Luck).

If you're a VATS build, 4LC might be supplemented with Better Criticals (with redistributed IN points). Keep in mind that if you grab a weapon with the second legendary effect 50% Critical Damage, it doesn't stack with the perk. They have overriding logic. At some point you'll definitely decide you want Mutations. That's two ranks of Luck for Starched Genes, and 3 more for Class Freak - something to keep in mind for the future.

Another thing to remember is that after level 50, you can start swapping SPECIAL points around, and fine tune your build as you find what works with your play style, and doesn't. So nothing is locked in permanently.

Thanks.

The leveling roadmap? I've used it a few times, and I always end up deviating from it.

It's a good quick reference though.

Ultimately, as Veccio said, most builds will be viable. Unless you're going to play obsessively and for a long time, it's not that big of a deal which way you go. My build has changed 300 times, as I get new gear or mess around with new things. While I miss the skill progression from older Fallout titles, the strength here is it's flexibility. There's no wrong answer.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/perks?v=1&s=4f148db&d=p02pd2pk2pp2pl2sv0e10ic4a72ar2an2ao0lr2sd0lt2s12c72so0sp0as2lv2&w=c62at1lm2sa0pa0p80p90i30im0i71in0iq2&n=Stealthy%20Gun-Fu

Took your recommendations. Should I have at least one in hacker?  What about lock picking?

I put two extra into luck, but I was up in the air about endurance if I should have put one in there.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/perks?v=1&s=4f148db&d=p02pd2pk2pp2pl2sv0e10ic4a72ar2an2ao0lr2sd0lt2s12c72so0sp0as2lv2&w=c62at1lm2sa0pa0p80p90i30im0i71in0iq2&n=Stealthy%20Gun-Fu

Took your recommendations. Should I have at least one in hacker?  What about lock picking?

I put two extra into luck, but I was up in the air about endurance if I should have put one in there.
View Quote
Hacker and Lockpick you can pick up and keep shelved until you need them. Most locks and terminals are lower rank anyway, very few are level 3

Endurance has some good perks, but for a stealth build you'll not use them as much. Fireproof perk helps against Scorchbeast sonic attacks so it might be helpful later on

I busted out one of the explosive shotguns last night and ran around crippling ghouls for a bit with enforcer. Forgot how fun it is.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Hacker and Lockpick you can pick up and keep shelved until you need them. Most locks and terminals are lower rank anyway, very few are level 3

Endurance has some good perks, but for a stealth build you'll not use them as much. Fireproof perk helps against Scorchbeast sonic attacks so it might be helpful later on

I busted out one of the explosive shotguns last night and ran around crippling ghouls for a bit with enforcer. Forgot how fun it is.
View All Quotes

Took your recommendations. Should I have at least one in hacker?  What about lock picking?

I put two extra into luck, but I was up in the air about endurance if I should have put one in there.
Hacker and Lockpick you can pick up and keep shelved until you need them. Most locks and terminals are lower rank anyway, very few are level 3

Endurance has some good perks, but for a stealth build you'll not use them as much. Fireproof perk helps against Scorchbeast sonic attacks so it might be helpful later on

I busted out one of the explosive shotguns last night and ran around crippling ghouls for a bit with enforcer. Forgot how fun it is.

What's the max for lockpick and hacker,  1 or 2?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#7]

What's the max for lockpick and hacker,  1 or 2?
View All Quotes

Took your recommendations. Should I have at least one in hacker?  What about lock picking?

I put two extra into luck, but I was up in the air about endurance if I should have put one in there.

Each perk is it’s own card. Pretty annoying. I normally rather go the long way around then equip the stupid cards to pick or hack something
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:53:41 PM EDT
[#8]
One thing I've started doing in Fallout games is bumping my Luck stat. In 76, I think I'm at 8 right now, and I'm certainly getting more free crap from all the random drops.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 1911xdm:

Each perk is it’s own card. Pretty annoying. I normally rather go the long way around then equip the stupid cards to pick or hack something
View All Quotes

Each perk is it’s own card. Pretty annoying. I normally rather go the long way around then equip the stupid cards to pick or hack something

Sorry, I meant what should my max on each be.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:07:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
They're all single rank cards.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#11]
They're all single rank cards.
View All Quotes

Sorry, I meant what should my max on each be.
They're all single rank cards.

Alright,  I am really tired. Lol

I know they're single cards... is it worth getting the 2 of each or just max it at 1 for each?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:34:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I know they're single cards... is it worth getting the 2 of each or just max it at 1 for each?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're all single rank cards.

Well you have Picklock, Expert Picklock, and Master Picklock. You can't equip duplicates, so if you have two of the same card, you're not able to use both. You'll need all of them to pick level 3 locks. Same with hacker. I hope this answers the question, I'm tired also and not 100% sure what the question is.

ETA - If you're asking whether it's worth getting all three of each, then the answer is... you'll get them eventually, anyway.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 7:47:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Wastelanders should have been a day one release. The game feels way different, even though, it still plays similar to an ammo.

I like the game, it still has its shortfalls though.

I play on xbox.

Cseabass is the gamer tag.

Been playing my melee char mostly.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#14]
They have a laundry list of bugs still to fix.

At least the NPCs stealing your stuff was corrected.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Hopped back on this morning after months off after being frustrated with the game.  Every time I was start a quest a high level would run through and completely fuck me up or just amp up the enemy levels that I have to back out and reload another server.  Played for a half hour and still got my shit rocked this morning so I quit for now.  I like how they brought back the regular fallout vibe with NPC's but I just need to be a little more patient.  Only a level 20 and just getting destroyed by 100+'s
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By plinker8:
Hopped back on this morning after months off after being frustrated with the game.  Every time I was start a quest a high level would run through and completely fuck me up or just amp up the enemy levels that I have to back out and reload another server.  Played for a half hour and still got my shit rocked this morning so I quit for now.  I like how they brought back the regular fallout vibe with NPC's but I just need to be a little more patient.  Only a level 20 and just getting destroyed by 100+'s
View Quote

Well first of all they can’t pvp you unless your shoot back. So that’s your own fault. Second, you level up much faster if they are killing a bunch of high level enemies. Just get a couple hits on them. And third. GIT GUD.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Finally got all five pieces of Secret Service Armor plans learned, but still need Buttressed mods for the limbs. The stats are insane as it is, but I'm not digging the lack of Ultra-Light mods.

Blew through 500+ legendary modules getting the set squared away, and ended up with what I would consider acceptable rolls. 5x pieces of Unyielding, and maybe 3 Assassins pieces. I believe I kept a Chameleon/Harder to Detect piece also. Had I been more forward thinking I would have kept the Auto Stim pieces as well and selected one of the good ones.

Going to try going high health bloodied for a bit, running at around 40% instead of 20%, and making use of Born Survivor and Field Surgeon. 20% isn't an issue for PvE and general play, but it's far too close to the edge against some of the tankier Junkie builds I'm running into.

Math is telling me I may still be better off with a proper Scout Armor setup in the end, with the same build. Guess we'll see.

Traded some bullshit for this the other day as well. Pretty much 100% sure it's not legit, but not a lot of players can defend against it. I've only pulled it out on a few people who were being proper cunts.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Finally got all five pieces of Secret Service Armor plans learned, but still need Buttressed mods for the limbs. The stats are insane as it is, but I'm not digging the lack of Ultra-Light mods. 

Blew through 500+ legendary modules getting the set squared away, and ended up with what I would consider acceptable rolls. 5x pieces of Unyielding, and maybe 3 Assassins pieces. I believe I kept a Chameleon/Harder to Detect piece also. Had I been more forward thinking I would have kept the Auto Stim pieces as well and selected one of the good ones. 

Going to try going high health bloodied for a bit, running at around 40% instead of 20%, and making use of Born Survivor and Field Surgeon. 20% isn't an issue for PvE and general play, but it's far too close to the edge against some of the tankier Junkie builds I'm running into. 

Math is telling me I may still be better off with a proper Scout Armor setup in the end, with the same build. Guess we'll see. 

Traded some bullshit for this the other day as well. Pretty much 100% sure it's not legit, but not a lot of players can defend against it. I've only pulled it out on a few people who were being proper cunts. 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/146991/received_253514592451766_png-1409843.JPG
View Quote

Does the radiation splash? If so you could kill someone and not get into pvp or a bounty
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Does the radiation splash? If so you could kill someone and not get into pvp or a bounty
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Finally got all five pieces of Secret Service Armor plans learned, but still need Buttressed mods for the limbs. The stats are insane as it is, but I'm not digging the lack of Ultra-Light mods.

Blew through 500+ legendary modules getting the set squared away, and ended up with what I would consider acceptable rolls. 5x pieces of Unyielding, and maybe 3 Assassins pieces. I believe I kept a Chameleon/Harder to Detect piece also. Had I been more forward thinking I would have kept the Auto Stim pieces as well and selected one of the good ones.

Going to try going high health bloodied for a bit, running at around 40% instead of 20%, and making use of Born Survivor and Field Surgeon. 20% isn't an issue for PvE and general play, but it's far too close to the edge against some of the tankier Junkie builds I'm running into.

Math is telling me I may still be better off with a proper Scout Armor setup in the end, with the same build. Guess we'll see.

Traded some bullshit for this the other day as well. Pretty much 100% sure it's not legit, but not a lot of players can defend against it. I've only pulled it out on a few people who were being proper cunts.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/146991/received_253514592451766_png-1409843.JPG

It doesn't bypass PvP protections as far as I've seen. I haven't tried it that way either, to be honest.

I actually want PvP though, so even if it did I wouldn't use it that way.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#20]
It doesn't bypass PvP protections as far as I've seen. I haven't tried it that way either, to be honest. 

I actually want PvP though, so even if it did I wouldn't use it that way.
View All Quotes
Finally got all five pieces of Secret Service Armor plans learned, but still need Buttressed mods for the limbs. The stats are insane as it is, but I'm not digging the lack of Ultra-Light mods. 

Blew through 500+ legendary modules getting the set squared away, and ended up with what I would consider acceptable rolls. 5x pieces of Unyielding, and maybe 3 Assassins pieces. I believe I kept a Chameleon/Harder to Detect piece also. Had I been more forward thinking I would have kept the Auto Stim pieces as well and selected one of the good ones. 

Going to try going high health bloodied for a bit, running at around 40% instead of 20%, and making use of Born Survivor and Field Surgeon. 20% isn't an issue for PvE and general play, but it's far too close to the edge against some of the tankier Junkie builds I'm running into. 

Math is telling me I may still be better off with a proper Scout Armor setup in the end, with the same build. Guess we'll see. 

Traded some bullshit for this the other day as well. Pretty much 100% sure it's not legit, but not a lot of players can defend against it. I've only pulled it out on a few people who were being proper cunts. 

Does the radiation splash? If so you could kill someone and not get into pvp or a bounty
It doesn't bypass PvP protections as far as I've seen. I haven't tried it that way either, to be honest. 

I actually want PvP though, so even if it did I wouldn't use it that way.

I win a lot of PVP with the radium rifle since people just spam stimpacks. This explosive had radiation splash as well. So bloodied builds get fucked real quick.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I win a lot of PVP with the radium rifle since people just spam stimpacks. This explosive had radiation splash as well. So bloodied builds get fucked real quick.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/296004/9E4246EA-8571-43E6-B1BF-FDB29AB7BDC8_jpe-1409952.JPG
View Quote
I have an AAE50 Radium, and a few B25 ones. One B2525, and I end up going with a (non hacked) Gamma more often due to the low amount of rads on the Radiums. I do more ballistic damage with them than rads, so the rads seem to be somewhat useless. I still want a BE one, I just haven't found one anyone is willing to come off of in trade.

My go-to is usually a B25 Handmade or BE15 Railway. If someone is spec'd stupid I'll reperk real fast and hit them at range with a BE Hunting Rifle. I've been surprised at how many people are running around with low EN and no Fireproof/Adamantium. Lots of PA guys get one tapped, for no reason other than their own stupidity. That shouldn't happen
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Level 26... I gots a long way to go.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Level 26... I gots a long way to go. 
View Quote

I’ve started a second character if you wanta team up. I’m on Xbox GT: A556nato
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think there's a double XP weekend coming up soon, but can't remember if it's this weekend or next.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#25]

I’ve started a second character if you wanta team up. I’m on Xbox GT: A556nato
View All Quotes

I’ve started a second character if you wanta team up. I’m on Xbox GT: A556nato

Odd Q, but can PC and xbox play together?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:03:05 AM EDT
[#26]
I think there's a double XP weekend coming up soon, but can't remember if it's this weekend or next.
View All Quotes
I think there's a double XP weekend coming up soon, but can't remember if it's this weekend or next.

This I believe.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:26:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've started a second character if you wanta team up. I'm on Xbox GT: A556nato

Nope
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 6:43:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Thank God for double XP weekend.

Jumped 20 levels in 5 hrs.

So, what legendary weapons should I be looking out for?  I currently have a 2 star gauss rifle w/executioner and +50% crit damage while in VATS.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thank God for double XP weekend.

Jumped 20 levels in 5 hrs.

So, what legendary weapons should I be looking out for?  I currently have a 2 star gauss rifle w/executioner and +50% crit damage while in VATS.
View Quote
Instigating is nice. Anything with rate of fire, that can be semi or auto is nice. I've been rolling with Handmades for a long time.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Instigating is nice. Anything with rate of fire, that can be semi or auto is nice. I've been rolling with Handmades for a long time.
View Quote
I picked up an instigating gauss with 25ffr and 90wwr
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty good score. I've not used a FFR Gauss, is it a useful effect for that weapon? My best Gauss is Bloodied/10% aiming, excellent when charged. I don't use it often though. Might get more use if it was 90% reduced weight.

Just launched on Harper's to farm glowies in Burrows for the next two hours. Haven't done this in a while, so I wonder how much XP I can rack up.

So I fucked it up the first time, and only hit one manhole cover, thinking it would be easier to get in and out. Evidently that won't change the ghoul spawns to glowies, so if you wanna do it, make sure you cover both entrances just to be sure. So I just jumped back on public and took advantage of team play and Inspirational for a while.

I ended up going back at it when everyone else logged off.
~75 Ghoul spawns on that map
- 41 Intelligence with all my armor, buffs, etc.
- Cranberry Relish, Berry Mentats, Well Rested.
- 624xp per Level 54 Bloated Glowing One Kill, and at my current level it's taking me about 2.5 runs though burrows to hit a level.

So about 45k XP per run, with relogging each run takes about 10 minutes. I'm 25 levels over my weekend goal, and set tomorrow's goal for 25 more.

No life quarantine furlough bullshit
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#32]
So, by the time the double XP ended, I went from level 32 to level 64. (I didn't play as much as I wanted too)

Thing is, the damage from my gauss, level suck.

Level 50s still take a shit load to bring it down. Seems this game is a mini gun w/ power armor type of game to survive?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#33]
So, by the time the double XP ended, I went from level 32 to level 64. (I didn't play as much as I wanted too)

Thing is, the damage from my gauss, level suck. 

Level 50s still take a shit load to bring it down. Seems this game is a mini gun w/ power armor type of game to survive?
View Quote

I only gained 6 levels this go around. But I am level 141 so there's that...

What level is the Gauss rifle? Might just be that it's a lower level that doesn't do as much damage as a higher level would.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Lagtime:

I only gained 6 levels this go around. But I am level 141 so there's that...

What level is the Gauss rifle? Might just be that it's a lower level that doesn't do as much damage as a higher level would.
View All Quotes
So, by the time the double XP ended, I went from level 32 to level 64. (I didn't play as much as I wanted too)

Level 50s still take a shit load to bring it down. Seems this game is a mini gun w/ power armor type of game to survive?

What level is the Gauss rifle? Might just be that it's a lower level that doesn't do as much damage as a higher level would.

Executioner level 45. It has a second perk, but dont recall what it is.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, by the time the double XP ended, I went from level 32 to level 64. (I didn't play as much as I wanted too)

Thing is, the damage from my gauss, level suck.

Level 50s still take a shit load to bring it down. Seems this game is a mini gun w/ power armor type of game to survive?

I only gained 6 levels this go around. But I am level 141 so there's that...

What level is the Gauss rifle? Might just be that it's a lower level that doesn't do as much damage as a higher level would.

What's your current perk setup? Are you hitting things from range, up close, etc. Any mutations? How's the Gauss itself set up?

I've just started playing with the one I mentioned earlier, and I feel bad for not using it earlier, it's more effective than I thought it would be.

Nice work hitting the levels though.

I'm 1 level away from my 'stretch' goal, but burned myself out a bit and stepped away for half a day.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#36]
What's your current perk setup? Are you hitting things from range, up close, etc. Any mutations? How's the Gauss itself set up? 

I've just started playing with the one I mentioned earlier, and I feel bad for not using it earlier, it's more effective than I thought it would be.

Nice work hitting the levels though. 

I'm 1 level away from my 'stretch' goal, but burned myself out a bit and stepped away for half a day.
View All Quotes

Executioner level 45. It has a second perk, but dont recall what it is.
What's your current perk setup? Are you hitting things from range, up close, etc. Any mutations? How's the Gauss itself set up? 

I've just started playing with the one I mentioned earlier, and I feel bad for not using it earlier, it's more effective than I thought it would be.

Nice work hitting the levels though. 

I'm 1 level away from my 'stretch' goal, but burned myself out a bit and stepped away for half a day.

I have all the major perks off that. Few (batteries not included for one) I skipped so I could focus on the combat aspect. Dont have any of the enforcer yet tho.

I'll take a picture of the setup when I get home. I think my problem is I am used to things not being as spongy in later levels.

I am in the hunt for a gauss rifle instigator with +50% crit dmg. Would fit with my stealth play style.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have all the major perks off that. Few (batteries not included for one) I skipped so I could focus on the combat aspect. Dont have any of the enforcer yet tho.

I'll take a picture of the setup when I get home. I think my problem is I am used to things not being as spongy in later levels.

I am in the hunt for a gauss rifle instigator with +50% crit dmg. Would fit with my stealth play style.
View Quote
Should be okay. Do you have damage numbers turned on in settings? They aren't always right, but can give you a good idea of what you're hitting for.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Should be okay. Do you have damage numbers turned on in settings? They aren't always right, but can give you a good idea of what you're hitting for.
View All Quotes

I have all the major perks off that. Few (batteries not included for one) I skipped so I could focus on the combat aspect. Dont have any of the enforcer yet tho.

I'll take a picture of the setup when I get home. I think my problem is I am used to things not being as spongy in later levels.

I am in the hunt for a gauss rifle instigator with +50% crit dmg. Would fit with my stealth play style.
Should be okay. Do you have damage numbers turned on in settings? They aren't always right, but can give you a good idea of what you're hitting for.

I don't,  but I have been watching a few YouTube vids and they had it on. Maybe I will.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#39]
I found a player who is willing to sell me a Lvl 45 instigating gauss rifle (1 star)  for 2k caps.

Worth it?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:22:51 AM EDT
[#40]
If you've got the caps, and want the weapon, sure. It's not totally absurd. Cap values are weird, everyone values things differently.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Ready for Legendary Perks

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Holy fuck
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#43]
After the Gauss Rifle discussion I did pull one of my better ones out of the stash, a Bloodied/10% Aim Damage one. Did the Shielded Stabilized, Perforating Capacitors, and medium scope.

With my usual buffs it's pushing 1k base damage, and the new Gauss projectile with the built in area explosion seems to be playing nicely for it. I've used it a few times in PvP now, and I'm digging it a lot.

First guy was going to stay 1v1 with my buddy, but he decided to set up a stupid amount of heavy turrets at Hemlock, and he would keep repairing them mid fight. I jumped in just to take out turrets, and caught him in a flat run at the work bench. Didn't think I'd hit him, much less 1 shot him, as he wasn't bloodied. Shocked the hell out of me.

Twice today I got some quick two hit kills on Power Armor bro's now that I'm getting the timing on the recoil. The 226 range without a suppressor gives me a tad more leeway on damage drop off with Long Shot, and seems to out perform my other BE rifles. Demo Expert does effect the area damage value as well. The base damage is high enough it might actually be worth the 8 IN for Nerd Rage/Demo.

I want to get ahold of a Legacy BE to do some comparison testing with.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#44]
After the Gauss Rifle discussion I did pull one of my better ones out of the stash, a Bloodied/10% Aim Damage one. Did the Shielded Stabilized, Perforating Capacitors, and medium scope. 

With my usual buffs it's pushing 1k base damage, and the new Gauss projectile with the built in area explosion seems to be playing nicely for it. I've used it a few times in PvP now, and I'm digging it a lot. 

First guy was going to stay 1v1 with my buddy, but he decided to set up a stupid amount of heavy turrets at Hemlock, and he would keep repairing them mid fight. I jumped in just to take out turrets, and caught him in a flat run at the work bench. Didn't think I'd hit him, much less 1 shot him, as he wasn't bloodied. Shocked the hell out of me. 

Twice today I got some quick two hit kills on Power Armor bro's now that I'm getting the timing on the recoil. The 226 range without a suppressor gives me a tad more leeway on damage drop off with Long Shot, and seems to out perform my other BE rifles. Demo Expert does effect the area damage value as well. The base damage is high enough it might actually be worth the 8 IN for Nerd Rage/Demo. 

I want to get ahold of a Legacy BE to do some comparison testing with.
View Quote

I am on the look out for 2 star Instigator Gauss rifle w/10% aiming damage. I tought the VATS dmg would be better, but I never use VATS with gauss.

What buffs do you use? And no prime capacitor?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I am on the look out for 2 star Instigator Gauss rifle w/10% aiming damage. I tought the VATS dmg would be better, but I never use VATS with gauss.

What buffs do you use? And no prime capacitor?
View Quote
If I'm running Bloodied I'll use Psychotats, if I'm running Junkie I'll use Psychobuff. Both give 25% damage. Depending on the weapon I'll also have some Ballistic Bock or High Voltage Jefe, which is another 15%. If I have a lot of Bobbleheads I'll eat one, same with magazines. With vendors being disabled I'm running short on some of the bobbles and mags right now. Usually just the drugs and booze, it just depends on whether I'm doing sufficient damage or need more.

I also use Grounded mutation, which will give a debuff to energy weapons. I'll use a serum to get rid of the debuff if I think it'll be worth it (bigger/longer fights). If I'm not toting around a Radium or Plasma I don't really worry about it, though. I tend to use ballistic weapons more often than not.

Prime Capacitor will make the damage nuts, and I might actually do it at some point, but for PvP purposes damage is capped at 110, so it would mostly be a waste I think. The explosive damage is 20% of base damage, so it may end up being worth it, I'm still figuring this one out since I haven't been using Gauss much.

As far as VATS crit damage, do you have Eagle Eyes mutation? It'll give a 25% bonus to crit damage.

This is only Psychotats. I checked on the bench and Prime caps would put it around 1,330... so I'll probably end up doing that, I don't use it on molerats. Much.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#46]
If I'm running Bloodied I'll use Psychotats, if I'm running Junkie I'll use Psychobuff. Both give 25% damage. Depending on the weapon I'll also have some Ballistic Bock or High Voltage Jefe, which is another 15%. If I have a lot of Bobbleheads I'll eat one, same with magazines. With vendors being disabled I'm running short on some of the bobbles and mags right now. Usually just the drugs and booze, it just depends on whether I'm doing sufficient damage or need more.

I also use Grounded mutation, which will give a debuff to energy weapons. I'll use a serum to get rid of the debuff if I think it'll be worth it (bigger/longer fights). If I'm not toting around a Radium of Plasma I don't really worry about it, though. I tend to use ballistic weapons more often than not. 

Prime Capacitor will make the damage nuts, and I might actually do it at some point, but for PvP purposes damage is capped at 110, so it would mostly be a waste I think. The explosive damage is 20% of base damage, so it may end up being worth it, I'm still figuring this one out since I haven't been using Gauss much.

As far as VATS crit damage, do you have Eagle Eyes mutation? It'll give a 25% bonus to crit damage.

This is only Psychotats. I checked on the bench and Prime caps would put it around 1,330... so I'll probably end up doing that, I don't use it on molerats. Much. 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/146991/ScreenShot17_png-1424835.JPG
View All Quotes

I am on the look out for 2 star Instigator Gauss rifle w/10% aiming damage. I tought the VATS dmg would be better, but I never use VATS with gauss.

What buffs do you use? And no prime capacitor?
If I'm running Bloodied I'll use Psychotats, if I'm running Junkie I'll use Psychobuff. Both give 25% damage. Depending on the weapon I'll also have some Ballistic Bock or High Voltage Jefe, which is another 15%. If I have a lot of Bobbleheads I'll eat one, same with magazines. With vendors being disabled I'm running short on some of the bobbles and mags right now. Usually just the drugs and booze, it just depends on whether I'm doing sufficient damage or need more.

I also use Grounded mutation, which will give a debuff to energy weapons. I'll use a serum to get rid of the debuff if I think it'll be worth it (bigger/longer fights). If I'm not toting around a Radium of Plasma I don't really worry about it, though. I tend to use ballistic weapons more often than not. 

Prime Capacitor will make the damage nuts, and I might actually do it at some point, but for PvP purposes damage is capped at 110, so it would mostly be a waste I think. The explosive damage is 20% of base damage, so it may end up being worth it, I'm still figuring this one out since I haven't been using Gauss much.

As far as VATS crit damage, do you have Eagle Eyes mutation? It'll give a 25% bonus to crit damage.

This is only Psychotats. I checked on the bench and Prime caps would put it around 1,330... so I'll probably end up doing that, I don't use it on molerats. Much. 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/146991/ScreenShot17_png-1424835.JPG

I see you use the ol walking radiation disaster to drive up your damage.

Eagle eyes would make my my STR 1, and my backup close quarters gun is the shotgun.  

I haven't really decided on what if any mutations I may go with.  What gives your gauss the explosive damage? I am looking for the perforating mod to drive up the AP, until I get enough flux for the prime mod. (Have the plan, just not the two materials).

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I see you use the ol walking radiation disaster to drive up your damage.

Eagle eyes would make my my STR 1, and my backup close quarters gun is the shotgun.  

I haven't really decided on what if any mutations I may go with.  What gives your gauss the explosive damage? I am looking for the perforating mod to drive up the AP, until I get enough flux for the prime mod. (Have the plan, just not the two materials).

View Quote
I have 20% HP for general gameplay, but boost it up to 40% for PvP so I can use auto stim perks. I'll clear all the rads and swap to Assassins/Sentinel armor sometimes if I want to go Junkie. I'm about to drop a nuke on private since I'm short on Crimson for the Prime stuff, so I think I'll take your suggestion since it'll help when I'm at 40% HP.

Class Freak perk will limit the ST penalty for the mutation to 1, but it won't affect your perk slots at all.

Gauss has a built in explosive type damage now. Shoot the ground next to something that takes damage and you'll see it splash. It isn't identical, but it behaves the same.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#48]
I have 20% HP for general gameplay, but boost it up to 40% for PvP so I can use auto stim perks. I'll clear all the rads and swap to Assassins/Sentinel armor sometimes if I want to go Junkie. I'm about to drop a nuke on private since I'm short on Crimson for the Prime stuff, so I think I'll take your suggestion since it'll help when I'm at 40% HP.

Class Freak perk will limit the ST penalty for the mutation to 1, but it won't affect your perk slots at all. 

Gauss has a built in explosive type damage now. Shoot the ground next to something that takes damage and you'll see it splash. It isn't identical, but it behaves the same. 
View All Quotes

I see you use the ol walking radiation disaster to drive up your damage. 

Eagle eyes would make my my STR 1, and my backup close quarters gun is the shotgun.  

I haven't really decided on what if any mutations I may go with.  What gives your gauss the explosive damage? I am looking for the perforating mod to drive up the AP, until I get enough flux for the prime mod. (Have the plan, just not the two materials).

I have 20% HP for general gameplay, but boost it up to 40% for PvP so I can use auto stim perks. I'll clear all the rads and swap to Assassins/Sentinel armor sometimes if I want to go Junkie. I'm about to drop a nuke on private since I'm short on Crimson for the Prime stuff, so I think I'll take your suggestion since it'll help when I'm at 40% HP.

Class Freak perk will limit the ST penalty for the mutation to 1, but it won't affect your perk slots at all. 

Gauss has a built in explosive type damage now. Shoot the ground next to something that takes damage and you'll see it splash. It isn't identical, but it behaves the same. 

Ahhh...  forgot about class freak.

Let me know how the prime works for you. I looked at making the ammo, and I can make a ton using provided i get enough materials from the nuclear blast.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Ahhh...  forgot about class freak.

Let me know how the prime works for you. I looked at making the ammo, and I can make a ton using provided i get enough materials from the nuclear blast.
View Quote
Works aight

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:06:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Good lord that's obscene

Only bloodied weapon I've gotten so far that's been worth anything is a 50 cal with 2 additional, but mostly useless, perks. Only legendary gauss I've gotten so far was a stalkers gauss....
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top