Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
High server population be damned!

Got all three of my names on Herod/Horde.

UD Priest - Millionaire

UD Warlock - Billionaire

Orc Warrior - Trillionaire

One of the three will be my main, most likely the priest but I'll decide that on launch day.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Herod is looking like a total clusterfuck, we might switch to Thalnos.
View Quote
I'd stick with it. I have a feeling Herod will have some epic world pvp.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'd stick with it. I have a feeling Herod will have some epic world pvp.
View Quote
I'm inclined to stick with it, but in the end I'm gonna have to follow whatever my group of friends decides.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Late to the party for name claims.  Got Anera, Fiola, and Hyra on Pagle.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Great info graphic guy made for WoW Classic dungeon and raid attunements.
Attunement infographic
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#7]
For EST PvP players, they just opened up another realm - Stalagg.  I got a couple names there (deleted the priest)

Peewee - Herod & Stalagg (see where populations and issues arise, pick the better,) gnome warrior
Flounder - Stalagg (here's to hoping Stalagg is the winner,) NE hunter
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 11:56:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I deleted a toon  on Herod to make one on Stalagg. I'm going to decide which server to play on in the next week.

Billionaire - Undead Warlock- Stalagg

Billionaire - Undead Warlock - Herod

Millionaire - Undead Priest - Herod
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 12:30:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll be rolling on Grobbulus (RP-PVP).
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Friends all chose Fairbanks so that's where I'll be i guess.  If anyone ends up there...

FelixUnger -- Tauren Hunter
Mobold -- Tauren Warrior
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#11]
You guys should all role horde on Herod.  Let the hype die out and there won't be queues.  Better than an empty server.

Right now I am deciding between a couple classy names for my Orc Hunter

Ambi
Tomcruiselol

Drop me a PM if you see me online
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 7:22:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I reserved some names on Mankrik but I'll make some alts if the Arfcom clan settles on a particular server.  I expect there's gonna be a lot of reorganizing within a month of launch.

I played from Vanilla to BC and a little bit of WotLK, but rarely did 40 man raids; wasn't willing to invest that much time.  Probably will be the same way for Classic.  I *loved* AV and largely resubbed for that battleground.

I was shocked to see what retail WoW has become.  There are so many mounts now that the "prestige" of earning a rare one is gone.  Chat channels are absolutely barren, even in the Barrens, heh.  I can stand in Org for hours and not see anyone talking except the spammers.  They seem to have lost a lot of the social aspects of the game, which were one of the largest draws for me.

But mostly I'll just be glad for no pandas.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 7:51:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Made three characters on Pagle.  Although I wanted to join a PvP realm, there are about 5 of us at work that are going to play when it drops and everyone else wanted a PvE realm.  I still may give Herod a shot once it all settles down.

Sizematters- Gnome Warrior
AdofKritler- Gnome Rogue (We will see how long this one lasts until it gets reported)
Moneynthbank-Human Priest
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Decided to change my main from a human warrior to a dwarf warrior. Humans are kinda boring IMO, I played one before and I wanted to play a dwarf this go-round, but also I suspect the human starter area will be vastly more populated on launch week than the dwarf/gnome starter area. Name is still Hatemonger. Will be my main on Pagle.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:01:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I know there was a reason to play human over dwarf - was it weapon skill?
View Quote
Yup.  Hardcore Alliance guilds will require the MT to be a human.

The argument is stoneform isn't as usefull over gear & skill.

Reality, one of the best MTs I saw was a gnome.  Play the class and racials are minor.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Decided to change my main from a human warrior to a dwarf warrior. Humans are kinda boring IMO, I played one before and I wanted to play a dwarf this go-round, but also I suspect the human starter area will be vastly more populated on launch week than the dwarf/gnome starter area. Name is still Hatemonger. Will be my main on Pagle.
View Quote
I'm not sure how the humans reproduce in this universe.  All the males are gay.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes and no. I've been reading about that and the general consensus is that unless you are going to be an alliance warrior (especially a MT) in a top-tier guild that is pushing the envelope and going for server firsts or speed runs the +5 to swords and maces racial that humans get won't make any difference at all. Remember, horde races don't get that +sword/mace racial and horde warriors and guilds do exceedingly well raiding, so the racial really isn't the advantage some people make it out to be.

Picking a race should be because you like it, the history of it, the ambiance of its starter area, the mounts you get, the look etc. The racials really aren't in and of themselves something that at end-game make much, if any, of a difference.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They run like someone stuck a broom handle up their rear. So maybe your "gay" claim has some validity to it?
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 4:29:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Someone embed that funeral procession pvp raid by a Serenity Now.  That shit was savage.

https://youtu.be/0TSGUf1xbF8
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Rep gains were worse than chasing achievements.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I always preferred human for the reputation gains. Grinding rep back in the day was a chore even with the bonus.
Rep gains were worse than chasing achievements.
True. And good point that +10 percent rep gain humans get for a racial is nice....but humans are still gay. Dwarfs rule.
8 PAINFUL Grinds In Classic WoW That Will Drive You to Madness
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 12:50:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That's pretty cool actually. I haven't even run across a single kid who plays WOW. They are all into the flavor of the month game like Fortnite. Actually I have seen a lot of them starting to turn back to Minecraft which is nice. I was more of a PUBG fan anyhow...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My kids played WoW a bit when they were younger - and by that I mean they ran around killing random animals and NPCs with starter equipment and spent whatever gold I sent them on flight paths all over the world, before coming back to tell me they were lost and died and couldn't find their body.

If I can pry my son away from Fortnite, I'm hoping we'll get to play a bit so he can see how the game was designed to work.
That's pretty cool actually. I haven't even run across a single kid who plays WOW. They are all into the flavor of the month game like Fortnite. Actually I have seen a lot of them starting to turn back to Minecraft which is nice. I was more of a PUBG fan anyhow...
Both my kids, son almost 15 and daughter is 13.5, are gamers. Son almost exclusively plays on his Switch but does some Minecraft on his tablet. Daughter just plays on her tablet (mostly Minecraft and a game called Animal Jam) and some on her Chromebook, but since they aren't Windows-based they are very limiting on gaming options. I'm sure they might game more if they had a Windows-based PC, but I don't wan't to give them another reason to spend more time staring at a screen. Don't know if I would want my kids gaming with me, honestly. That's kinda my "me" time to get away from it all.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm looking forward to it, actually.  I can't get enough time with them and finally we can do something I like, vs me trying to enjoy kid games that don't require or utilize any real skill.

Of course, I don't have teenagers yet either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My kids played WoW a bit when they were younger - and by that I mean they ran around killing random animals and NPCs with starter equipment and spent whatever gold I sent them on flight paths all over the world, before coming back to tell me they were lost and died and couldn't find their body.

If I can pry my son away from Fortnite, I'm hoping we'll get to play a bit so he can see how the game was designed to work.
Both my kids, son almost 15 and daughter is 13.5, are gamers. Son almost exclusively plays on his Switch but does some Minecraft on his tablet. Daughter just plays on her tablet (mostly Minecraft and a game called Animal Jam) and some on her Chromebook, but since they aren't Windows-based they are very limiting on gaming options. I'm sure they might game more if they had a Windows-based PC, but I don't wan't to give them another reason to spend more time staring at a screen. Don't know if I would want my kids gaming with me, honestly. That's kinda my "me" time to get away from it all.
I'm looking forward to it, actually.  I can't get enough time with them and finally we can do something I like, vs me trying to enjoy kid games that don't require or utilize any real skill.

Of course, I don't have teenagers yet either.
Want some? Can ship you mine, though the crate might be missing a return address.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 11:52:31 PM EDT
[#42]
4 new servers announced for launch day.  They will be open 5 hours before launch and the character limit removed. I think I'm going to roll Incendius- Eastern PvP Horde.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:15:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
4 new servers announced for launch day.  They will be open 5 hours before launch and the character limit removed. I think I'm going to roll Incendius- Eastern PvP Horde.
View Quote
Wonder if that character limit removal will be on all servers, or just the 4 new ones?
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#44]
As Classic WoW launch nears it looks like the mod community is ramping up. Been a ton of chatter over at r/classicwow about a LFG mod and it looks like the Devs have indicated they oppose its use (see message below).

Got me to thinking about when I played Vanilla and all the mods I used (questing mods, auction house mods, raid and threat mods, etc.) and how with each patch many (most) those mods wouldn't function properly until they were updated, which sometimes could take days or weeks or never if the mod's author stopped supporting it.

I'm thinking of playing this go-round without any 3rd party mods, or at least seeing how long I can go without using any. Anyone plan on using mods from the get-go, or leaving mods aside for a while?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
As Classic WoW launch nears it looks like the mod community is ramping up. Been a ton of chatter over at r/classicwow about a LFG mod and it looks like the Devs have indicated they oppose its use (see message below).

Got me to thinking about when I played Vanilla and all the mods I used (questing mods, auction house mods, raid and threat mods, etc.) and how with each patch many (most) those mods wouldn't function properly until they were updated, which sometimes could take days or weeks or never if the mod's author stopped supporting it.

I'm thinking of playing this go-round without any 3rd party mods, or at least seeing how long I can go without using any. Anyone plan on using mods from the get-go, or leaving mods aside for a while?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13268/WoW_LFG_Mod_jpg-1065396.JPG
View Quote
I plan on finding myself a more than casual,  but less than hardcore raiding guild. I shouldn't need the LFG addon and dont plan on using it. I dont care if others want to use it but I worry about it ending up being a "requirement " to find a PUG for a raid should I ever want to raid on an alt.

Mods I will be using : Grid, Clique, Questie and a threat meter of some sorts and probably DBM. Other than that I'm usually pretty light on using addons.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#47]
My mod list is somewhat large, yet standard:

Advanced Interface Options
Atlas
Auctionator
Bartender4
Better Vendor Price
Classic Castbars
DBM
Details (DPS meter)
IceHUD
Mapster
SexyMap (move the mini map)
Simple Unit Frames
Tiny Tooltip
Titan Bars
Weak Auras

eta: I assume there will be a working threat meter by the time I need one.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Thought it wasn't live until Tuesday the 27th at 3 pm PST?

Edit to add: weird, the official site's countdown timer says servers go live on August 27, but their timer shows only ~7 hours left...must be account for those European time zones that are like 12 hours ahead...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#50]
I can't decide if I want to jump in or not, part of me wants to go back due to nostalgia but the time sink is nuts.  I even received the Warlord set from PVP holy hell that was a grind.  Played an Orc Warlock on Thrall and raided like mad from 2005 - 2007.  Quit shortly after TBH and sold my account.

This time I want to have a go as a mage for fun and deeps decisions decisions.....
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top