BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SpiritZeroThree:

Walleyes are your best friend for killing naval targets - as long as you can stay out of SAM range, or get the target to empty the magazines.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/fd2c995e1a3fcb3c706446fc5a475a7d/tumblr_orqmapbeEE1ue779no3_400.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
@SigChef and I are getting the F-18 figured out. We were on a training server last night sinking ships and it was an absolute blast! 20 people on a server and we were the only ones going for naval targets.

Walleyes are your best friend for killing naval targets - as long as you can stay out of SAM range, or get the target to empty the magazines.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/fd2c995e1a3fcb3c706446fc5a475a7d/tumblr_orqmapbeEE1ue779no3_400.gif

We killed an enemy carrier with zuni rockets, 5,500 points for that big guy. Came in low at 60 feet off the deck in full afterburner, he never stood a chance.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The ship damage model will never be fixed or close to realistic. If you somehow made it in close to a DDG a good strafing run could take the boat out of the fight. It’s just too complete to model the bridge watch getting killed or a deck fire, etc.

More importantly I really want DCS to update the F-5 and fix some of the bugs. It’s a bitch that the RWR doesn’t work worth a damn or the gunsight.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RichieRich3902:
The ship damage model will never be fixed or close to realistic. If you somehow made it in close to a DDG a good strafing run could take the boat out of the fight. It’s just too complete to model the bridge watch getting killed or a deck fire, etc.

More importantly I really want DCS to update the F-5 and fix some of the bugs. It’s a bitch that the RWR doesn’t work worth a damn or the gunsight.
View Quote

Do you mean the computing gunsight ? Nobody needs that. 15years of il2 taught me that the only thing you need is a fixed sight and tracers !
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, I make due without it, the P-51’s gyro sight is busted and the F-86’s guns and sight are borked as well. It’s just nice when you can fly a lead computing gunsight so you don’t have to fly right up a guys tailpipe to get a kill.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 5:49:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#5]

View Quote

I think this is wrong. There are plenty of things you pretty easily do. Break the ship down to "areas" or hit boxes. I.e. bridge, FWD missile stuff, rear missiles, Guns, helo hangar, etc. And basically if any of that gets hit by a "bomb" or ASM, its pretty much toast. The only real targets that wouldn't be are actually heavily armored stuff like the Iowa, Kirov or CV's that might have some level of armor, but as we saw recently with the Slava being sunk, with modern ASM's you are pretty much a mission kill if you get hit, which was true in the falklands as well, where even unfused bombs sank/disabled ships. For DCS you don't really need too much of a naval damage model, break each ship down into a few "areas" common to all ships. The main thing that needs to happen though is an improvement in how naval sams/search radars/track radars work since thats really of more note for a flight sim.

And yeah ED really needs to go back and unfuck several of the older modules, F5, F86, L39 etc.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:19:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#6]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

I think this is wrong. There are plenty of things you pretty easily do. Break the ship down to "areas" or hit boxes. I.e. bridge, FWD missile stuff, rear missiles, Guns, helo hangar, etc. And basically if any of that gets hit by a "bomb" or ASM, its pretty much toast. The only real targets that wouldn't be are actually heavily armored stuff like the Iowa, Kirov or CV's that might have some level of armor, but as we saw recently with the Slava being sunk, with modern ASM's you are pretty much a mission kill if you get hit, which was true in the falklands as well, where even unfused bombs sank/disabled ships. For DCS you don't really need too much of a naval damage model, break each ship down into a few "areas" common to all ships. The main thing that needs to happen though is an improvement in how naval sams/search radars/track radars work since thats really of more note for a flight sim.

And yeah ED really needs to go back and unfuck several of the older modules, F5, F86, L39 etc.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

Well, the story is a bit longer, but I like SigChef's version . The Carrier was at about 50% health when we joined the training server, so we just went for it. First run I got 2 - 1000# bombs off maybe a half second before the carrier shot me down. SigChef got shot down before dropping anything. This took it down to about 25-30%. Second run went with 32 127mm zuni rockets. Came in on the deck like he said. I got 2 salvos out and hit again RIGHT before getting shot down. That got the carrier smoking and pretty low on health and SigChef was able to clean up and do a victory lap
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

I need to learn these. I've got the 84D harpoons down, but tanker ships need 2 to be destroyed and carriers shoot them down with ease.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#8]

I need to learn these. I've got the 84D harpoons down, but tanker ships need 2 to be destroyed and carriers shoot them down with ease.
View All Quotes

I used them once or twice in a campaign mission. They are pretty cool and seem to sink with one hit. Setup is a bit unusual, and I'm not sure how to arm up with them (they were preloaded when I did it). I think you need the DL pod IIRC for the TV to work right.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:56:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#9]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
I used them once or twice in a campaign mission. They are pretty cool and seem to sink with one hit. Setup is a bit unusual, and I'm not sure how to arm up with them (they were preloaded when I did it). I think you need the DL pod IIRC for the TV to work right.
View Quote

I just watched a video by Wags and it looks like it doesn't need a DL pod, but the DL pod does allow you to see what the bomb is seeing, and make minor adjustments while in flight.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#10]

I just watched a video by Wags and it looks like it doesn't need a DL pod, but the DL pod does allow you to see what the bomb is seeing, and make minor adjustments while in flight.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Ah, I guess I didn't realize there was another way to use them. I need to get up to speed on it since the Harpoons are useless.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Got the walleye figured out but couldn't get ANY jets to come up on my radar. 4 verified on the map in a training server and never got them to show up.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#12]
When you are fairly close the radar has a very small cone of vertical range.  You’ll need to adjust the radar elevation to slew the scan area up and down.  In the F-18 that should be easy since you’ll likely have them on the data link and can move the radar to match the target elevation from the track.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
When you are fairly close the radar has a very small cone of vertical range.  You’ll need to adjust the radar elevation to slew the scan area up and down.  In the F-18 that should be easy since you’ll likely have them on the data link and can move the radar to match the target elevation from the track.
View Quote

Yeah, I understand that. SigChef was basically right under me and had the F5's on radar, locked them up, and shot them down. One of the F5's would blip on my radar then go away. I was able to lock it twice, but almost immediately lost lock. The Mig 29's were off to our right at the same altitude. Being further away I was able to get pointed straight at them and they never appeared on radar. I will look up some radar videos over the next couple days.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Well, the story is a bit longer, but I like SigChef's version . The Carrier was at about 50% health when we joined the training server, so we just went for it. First run I got 2 - 1000# bombs off maybe a half second before the carrier shot me down. SigChef got shot down before dropping anything. This took it down to about 25-30%. Second run went with 32 127mm zuni rockets. Came in on the deck like he said. I got 2 salvos out and hit again RIGHT before getting shot down. That got the carrier smoking and pretty low on health and SigChef was able to clean up and do a victory lap
View Quote

Pro-tip. CBU's are excellent anti ship weapons in DCS.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Yeah, I understand that. SigChef was basically right under me and had the F5's on radar, locked them up, and shot them down. One of the F5's would blip on my radar then go away. I was able to lock it twice, but almost immediately lost lock. The Mig 29's were off to our right at the same altitude. Being further away I was able to get pointed straight at them and they never appeared on radar. I will look up some radar videos over the next couple days.
View Quote
Sounds like a pulse repetition frequency (PRF) issue.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:04:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#16]
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
I like the performance of the f14. but im frustrated with jester. every time I hope into the alert 5 mission none of my missiles ever hit even if i keep my radar cone hot.

hop in F18 or F16 and tws yet like 12 amraams and they all die. but then every once and a while youll kill em from really far out with the tomcat.

i think maybe jester just fucking sucks
View Quote
You're referring to the instant action mission?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Tonight our F-14 virtual squadron is having a PVP 2v2 session versus one of our sister F-18 squadrons. There is a member here that flys the F-18...should be fun and interesting!
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#21]
i finally filled up the f14 without falling off the basket without cheating and locking the wingsweep into bombing mode.

turns out i never set curves in the tom cat.

once I had her trimmed out it wasnt hard.
View Quote

Thats the key the Cat. You gotta get her trimmed out and in bomb mode and then its fairly easy with good power control.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 12:17:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaskanforfreedom] [#22]

Ya.
View Quote
I didn't have the same issues you did. FWIW I consider sparrow range to be 15nm at alt and 10 low maybe 7nm just off the deck, so I always use the PAL boresight sweep mode to STT with sparrows, I had Jester STT some targets for phoenixes and had no problems. I tried PD-STT and P-STT. Not saying it's impossible to experience lock drops but just didn't have any difficulty with it in a quick playthrough of the same mission.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:24:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#23]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:25:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Bomb mode is cheating! And doesn’t look as cool
View Quote

Lol, actually it is't and the Navy let pilots decide what they wanted. Also, it gives you a little more room for the other jet on the separate hose. At the very least the wings need to be in manual.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Downloaded this and got the F15 on sale, still learning. Definitely more tricky than IL2 lol.

MP is still frustrating until I figure out how to fight the plane better, for now I've mostly settled on blasting down valleys until something pops up close on the TEWS then spamraaaming in their direction.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
Downloaded this and got the F15 on sale, still learning. Definitely more tricky than IL2 lol.

MP is still frustrating until I figure out how to fight the plane better, for now I've mostly settled on blasting down valleys until something pops up close on the TEWS then spamraaaming in their direction.
View Quote

Depending on the server you are playing on, Simple Radio Standalone can be a game-changer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:39:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#28]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By eesmith:

View Quote

Welcome to the club! If you ever want to fly online, I have my trusty F-14 and thats the best way to play DCS. Get SRS downloaded and setup, its free and thats how we all talk to each other.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Do you guys and gals use TrackIR?  Or what alternatives work best?

I'm mostly ready to go.  I have an Extreme 3D Pro stick, which is okay at best.  I think I'm going to order the X-56 Rhino.  Thoughts on that?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Rhinodo99:

I'm mostly ready to go.  I have an Extreme 3D Pro stick, which is okay at best.  I think I'm going to order the X-56 Rhino.  Thoughts on that?
View Quote

I have a Track IR and it’s really good.  You’ll have to set the curves for something that works for you, but otherwise it’s good stuff.  Downside is it’s expensive for what it is because of patents.  There are a couple of camera based open source alternatives although I haven’t done too much with them.  Biggest problem with the Track IR is their led clip is too fragile.  I’ve replaced mine with an aluminum alternative one.

Tobi Eyetracker is pretty cool and I have a buddy that has switched over but I can’t speak for it myself.

Hen there’s VR which is a whole other ball of wax.

The 3d pro is a good entry level, my son has one.  I’ve had a 56 and didn’t really care for it, I found the 52 to be better IMHO.  Depending on your budget there are much better options, but they do cost more.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#32]

I have a Track IR and it’s really good.  You’ll have to set the curves for something that works for you, but otherwise it’s good stuff.  Downside is it’s expensive for what it is because of patents.  There are a couple of camera based open source alternatives although I haven’t done too much with them.  Biggest problem with the Track IR is their led clip is too fragile.  I’ve replaced mine with an aluminum alternative one.

Tobi Eyetracker is pretty cool and I have a buddy that has switched over but I can’t speak for it myself.

The 3d pro is a good entry level, my son has one.  I’ve had a 56 and didn’t really care for it, I found the 52 to be better IMHO.  Depending on your budget there are much better options, but they do cost more.
View All Quotes

Roger that.  Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

TrackIR is IMHO the best tracking solution at this time. I set my curves to give me a small "almost deadzone" near the center, then slightly higher rates for looking around the cockpit, then much faster rates so I can quickly "snap" my view to the rear. It takes some tinkering to get it the way you like.

I also have much increased rates on fore-aft and sliding up and down so I can quickly lean into my instruments.

As for Tobii, a good friend swears by it but I used it for a couple of hours and didn't particularly care for it over TrackIR. Even though it's technically more precise, it felt less precise if that makes sense.

VR is the ultimate for immersion, but I use it maybe 20% of the time for DCS and other flight sims because it takes more time to set up, performance takes a hit and it's a little harder to see distant objects (slightly important in air combat ).

Man I can't wait to get back home so I can play again
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 11:26:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#34]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:40:44 AM EDT
[#35]

I was incredibly frustrated with trackir. It sucks not seeing the keyboard but trackir is highly dependent on having it perfectly calibrated. Which is a pain in the ass.

Vr is better for me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:

TrackIR is IMHO the best tracking solution at this time. I set my curves to give me a small "almost deadzone" near the center, then slightly higher rates for looking around the cockpit, then much faster rates so I can quickly "snap" my view to the rear. It takes some tinkering to get it the way you like.

I also have much increased rates on fore-aft and sliding up and down so I can quickly lean into my instruments.

As for Tobii, a good friend swears by it but I used it for a couple of hours and didn't particularly care for it over TrackIR. Even though it's technically more precise, it felt less precise if that makes sense.

VR is the ultimate for immersion, but I use it maybe 20% of the time for DCS and other flight sims because it takes more time to set up, performance takes a hit and it's a little harder to see distant objects (slightly important in air combat ).

I was incredibly frustrated with trackir. It sucks not seeing the keyboard but trackir is highly dependent on having it perfectly calibrated. Which is a pain in the ass.

Vr is better for me.

I frequently hit the recenter button.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#36]
I need help with a name…
I’ve been making and selling F-18 and F-16 seat covers on a few FB forums and was thinking of getting some labels made to attach on the inside. I’m just not creative when it comes to that sort of thing.
Any ideas folks?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#38]

You really gotta have your hotas game dialed in for vr. Trackir is just fucking annoying. Curves have to be fucking perfect or your camera starts having a fucking seizure when you get to the limits or looking over your shoulder if your shits not perfect. And trackir likes to lose your settings
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:

Vr is better for me.

I frequently hit the recenter button.

You really gotta have your hotas game dialed in for vr. Trackir is just fucking annoying. Curves have to be fucking perfect or your camera starts having a fucking seizure when you get to the limits or looking over your shoulder if your shits not perfect. And trackir likes to lose your settings

I've never lost settings, but Track IR is painfully stagnant.  The software hasn't had a version update in forever.  The led tracking would be greatly improved if they made a version that used two cameras to track head movement so you don't go crazy as quickly when one point is lost.

But rather than sell a second device to everyone they are comfortable sitting on their back ends.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:05:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#39]

View Quote

I am using an X-56 and like it well enough so far. I use it maybe 4-6 hours a week. Way better than using the Extreme 3D I had (which is better for games like Battlefield).

I am currently using facetracknoir with a Logitech C270 camera. Basically a $30 head tracking setup. It works pretty well, but can be a bit stuttery at times. The nice thing is it can be launched in game as well as started and stopped. If it gets too finicky, I alt-tab out, stop, start, and am back in the cockpit with the tracker restarted in 5-10 seconds.

I think TrackIR or VR would be the best if budget isn't a concern. I had the choice of X-56 or TrackIR with where my life currently is. I would choose the X-56 and facetracknoir again.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:24:56 AM EDT
[#40]
I use trackir and don't have any problems (🤞) with trackir's (lame) software losing things.  I have it dialed in from some random thing online (spudknocker?) and tweaked from there and it works awesome,  in both DCS and MSFS, though i haven't played FS this calendar year i think?  my trackir is mounted on the top of the monitor facing me so it has pretty good line of sight with no lights behind me at all.  have the standard clip on a hat, generally also works for my kids though its interesting that you can see how much they look at things by moving their whole head where you get used to looking at things with your eyes with using trackir to move your head only enough to move the view?

here's my current rig, finally got my monstertech chair so i could mount my collective.  

built a whole mini-pit around the A10, now just gotta map a lot of things to work in the apache. i can take off, but have yet to have a successful landing :D
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:27:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By clayvt:
I need help with a name…
I’ve been making and selling F-18 and F-16 seat covers on a few FB forums and was thinking of getting some labels made to attach on the inside. I’m just not creative when it comes to that sort of thing.
Any ideas folks?
View Quote

i don't have any ideas for a name but by any chance do you do seat covers to wrap/replace a jetseat's (minimal) padding/cover?  i have a jetseat without the cutout and now i have a seat with a cutout but not sure if i want to buy the new padding/etc from the Jetseat guy since he's in Russia and don't know the legitimacy of paying him? 🤷‍♂️
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:17:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: clayvt] [#42]
Originally Posted By gardnerjr:

i don't have any ideas for a name but by any chance do you do seat covers to wrap/replace a jetseat's (minimal) padding/cover?  i have a jetseat without the cutout and now i have a seat with a cutout but not sure if i want to buy the new padding/etc from the Jetseat guy since he's in Russia and don't know the legitimacy of paying him? 🤷‍♂️
View Quote

How much is his cover with shipping?
I see he has the dimensions on his site so I could work with that. How thick of foam would you think of using? I don’t supply the foam as that would make shipping a pain. I use abs tell others to at least use the green foam from JoAnn. The white stuff from hobby lobby is crap. I use 500d Cordura for the fabric.
I’m just wondering how think might be too thick to feel the actuators.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#43]
I went with the TrackIR.  I'll have it Friday.  

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:29:14 AM EDT
[#44]
I went with the TrackIR.  I'll have it Friday.  
View Quote

Nice! It is a must for the clickable cockpit jets!
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By gardnerjr:
I use trackir and don't have any problems (🤞) with trackir's (lame) software losing things.  I have it dialed in from some random thing online (spudknocker?) and tweaked from there and it works awesome,  in both DCS and MSFS, though i haven't played FS this calendar year i think?  my trackir is mounted on the top of the monitor facing me so it has pretty good line of sight with no lights behind me at all.  have the standard clip on a hat, generally also works for my kids though its interesting that you can see how much they look at things by moving their whole head where you get used to looking at things with your eyes with using trackir to move your head only enough to move the view?

here's my current rig, finally got my monstertech chair so i could mount my collective.  

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52081565391_c338c7e50e_b.jpg

built a whole mini-pit around the A10, now just gotta map a lot of things to work in the apache. i can take off, but have yet to have a successful landing :D
View Quote

@gardnerjr

Can you give us a quick breakdown of your setup and where you bought all of that?  I'm jealous.  

I don't see any US stores selling this stuff.  Mostly Euro.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Not really if you have finger trackers for VR. Otherwise yeah...
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Voice Attack is another must have for DCS, IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#48]
I run VR and frankly I think I have an easier time seeing things in the distance. Then again the resolution of your headset probably plays into that. While immersive it also has a downside of being a 1 to 1 head tracking so track IR people can cover their six a little better than you can.

Regardless of which HOTAS you have if it's a semi popular one someone has made a chart of bindings for it and those are usually a good place to start for controls

Voice attack I don't find really necessary unless you are going full immersion but if you are in VR then I consider it indisposable. I still need to figure out why my regular server and my VAICOM plug in don't play nice together.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By marmelstien:
I run VR and frankly I think I have an easier time seeing things in the distance. Then again the resolution of your headset probably plays into that. While immersive it also has a downside of being a 1 to 1 head tracking so track IR people can cover their six a little better than you can.

Regardless of which HOTAS you have if it's a semi popular one someone has made a chart of bindings for it and those are usually a good place to start for controls

Voice attack I don't find really necessary unless you are going full immersion but if you are in VR then I consider it indisposable. I still need to figure out why my regular server and my VAICOM plug in don't play nice together.
View Quote

VR neck saver is a handy tool for check 6 stuff. I have mine setup so that past 90-100 degrees you get an "accelerated" motion to check your six
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#50]

@gardnerjr

Can you give us a quick breakdown of your setup and where you bought all of that?  I'm jealous.  

I don't see any US stores selling this stuff.  Mostly Euro.
View Quote

@Rhinodo99 i've built all the pit stuff myself.  the radio panel on the far left i designed and 3d printed entirely myself to look like an arc210 but really swaps between all the radios in the A10.  tft from amazon/ebay, arduino mega, lots of rotary enocoders.  

for the most part the panels are from pcflights.com, usb joystick cards from desktop aviator? (though if i started over hardware wise i've heard nothing but good things about leo bodnar boards?)

the larger left panel is a thrustmaster warthog throttle, then another frame built around it that has a pcflights panel and a mini keyboard, attached to the desk with a monstertech knockoff clamp thing
the center panel is several pcflights panels. 2 joystick cards.  there's an 11" lcd disassembled so its just the panel and board mounted inside, and a arduino mega that runs the gauges and lights, and 2 thrustmaster cougar mfds. the landing gear lever is custom built from plexi, before i had a 3d printer.
the right side panel is some more pcflights panels, a joystick card, and then a cdu circuit board and the indicators panel from tekcreations.  the right panel sits on a rolling stand that the joystick then fits inside when its not mounted to the desk.

all of the things aside from the collective get packed up every time i fly, all fits in the closet.

custom building stuff will let you generally fit into the dimensions you have/etc, and will possibly be cheaper long run in money but not in time? so much sourcing of parts and wiring stuff up but that's a lot of fun for me.  for the radio panel i ALMOST learned how to design a circuit board and have that custom built, you can do that pretty cheap these days

winwing, virpil, tekcreations and some others are now making full panels, but yeah, they're scattered around the globe, and not cheap in any way?  there's places in the us that make the panels and usb boards to wire them up, which was the route i went when i started building a few years ago?
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top