BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Shung:
Talking about old school jet combat, here is a nice tacview (I am FZG_immel) of a sortie we played with my squad mate tonight on the Cold War server

3 Airplanes (f-5 x2 and a Viggen) and a GCI against mig-21s (which finally has a stall modeled again lol) and mig-19s..

The scoreboard of the evening showed we downed 15 ennemi airplanes for the loss of a single airframe, from a guy we shot , and thought was done for, but still managed to launch 2 r-60s before crashing.

But still a 15-1 isn’t a bad night-

For those interested, it’s an interesting flight, we you can see how we practice the line abreast formation for mutual cover, and how we use the whole Catalogue of formation turns (tactical, cross, in place, hooks etc ) to maintain cohesion and never lose our situational awareness even without any dedicated tool. We learned doing this in the old il2 days, but despite much greater speed and smaller reaction times here, it is still valid.

Download it here. Must use tacview to see the file

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a34f1fb0541df698ca73e65185bdb4f520200524234006/17ce01f4962fecba25ab0cb68c1d353b20200524234031/a8130d

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a34f1fb0541df698ca73e65185bdb4f520200524234006/17ce01f4962fecba25ab0cb68c1d353b20200524234031/a8130d
View Quote

Nice work. I wish there were humans on that server when I can actually get on to play.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]

‘The issue is that with current missile modeling, bvr doesn’t look like real modern bvr should look like (yeah, I know I can’t know everything. But I was in the Air Force for a while, with access with some relevant info on the topic)

View Quote

Yeah, most BVR missiles in DCS are totally borked. And the debates on which one is OP or not are getting to the point of absurdity in the MP community. The phoenix needs fixing ASAP. The SD10 just got nerfed. God knows what ED is doing with the AAMRAM...

My favorite is when the missile evades your plane at the last second so it can fly in formation with you... Thanks ED...
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:21:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#3]
Originally Posted By Mugzilla:
OK, I have been living under a rock.  I'm an early adopter of the Oculus Rift, have a pretty standard gaming rig (1080Ti video card), and LOVE jets.

I set up Open Beta last night, and the DCS updater utility.  

I've been running a minecraft server.  Getting tired of it.

My "play/toy" server is a decent Dell with a fuckton of ram on a fast connection.

The Steam sale is waning.  

Using a Logitech 3D extreme joystick right now.  (I know, I know.  But, its been sitting here LNIB for about 4 years.  It'll work for awhile until I decide if I want to go further...)

QUESTIONS:

1: I want to buy a few jets/modules. What is everyone playing?  

2: Would it be helpful/fun for me to swap it over to a DEDICATED ARFCOM DCS server?  

View Quote

Rule #1 Don't buy Razbam. (Harrier mainly, M2k is so/so as is the mig19)
Rule #2 EA takes YEARS, so choose very carefully what module you buy and how far along it is.

I generally suggest the F18 for new folks, its sorta half done and still EA, but gives you a decent taste for DCS since you can everything with it. Heatblur puts out good modules and the F14 is pretty good, especially for solo play. I really like the Viggen myself, though its hard to use online because most servers really aren't doing much in the way of realism.

For really modern try the JF17 its one of the most complete EA planes out there and quite modern. Some guys hate it cuz its Chinese, but the dev team has a half page long list of fixes and upgrades to the module every patch cycle which is truly impressive.

For the older "done classics" A-10 for ground work, F5 or mig21 for old school A/A.

As for maps, PG is the most used one online. Nobody uses Nevada anymore, though I think its a cool map. And Normandy is mainly for WW2.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:23:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#4]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
Welp, I got a little intoxicated and bought a hp reverb pro. Looks like I’m getting into VR.
View Quote

Mostly a good choice, just make sure you fill out the warranty. I'm on my 2nd one. Also, in DCS with a 2080ti my frame rates are like in the 30's-40's with it. So, there is that downside to VR in DCS (they are like 90+ in every other VR game)
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

Mostly a good choice, just make sure you fill out the warranty. I'm on my 2nd one. Also, in DCS with a 2080ti my frame rates are like in the 30's-40's with it. So, there is that downside to VR in DCS (they are like 90+ in every other VR game)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Welp, I got a little intoxicated and bought a hp reverb pro. Looks like I’m getting into VR.

Will do. I got a 2080ti and overclocked 9900k specifically for DCS eventually VR. Wonder how much better the 3080ti will be if DCS doesn’t, or can’t,  optimize their shit better.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:17:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#6]

Will do. I got a 2080ti and overclocked 9900k specifically for DCS eventually VR. Wonder how much better the 3080ti will be if DCS doesn’t, or can’t,  optimize their shit better.
View Quote

Well supposedly a 3080ti is like 25% better. Sooo. if you get 40fps, at least you should get a stable 45-50fps with glorious reprojection (read ghosting and other visual effects issues). ED really needs to debugger their performance problems among a host of a ton of other problems.

Also if you are serious about VR, you probably want to check out pointcontrol, best thing going for DCS hand interaction right now. And if you need to figure out how to mount up controls lemme know.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
What what, A new generation of Reverb? Yes please. Looks like the res is the same with better glass, an actual IPD adjustment and off ear speakers... Day1 buy for me.

https://smartglasseshub.com/hp-reverb-g2-release/
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Part of it is documentation. Also, IIRC the F-8J was closer to the French version that they operated too. So 2 ish birds one stone.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Z09SS:

Leatherneck is doing the F-8J.  Pity they chose that one because the F-8E was the most common in Nam and the F-8K was what went longest in the USMC service.

Part of it is documentation. Also, IIRC the F-8J was closer to the French version that they operated too. So 2 ish birds one stone.

The J was a development from the French version, actually.  The French wanted an E with a better landing speed for their smaller carrier, so the double drooping slats were created.  The USN did a "look what they did!" and when the E's came back for depot rework, new leading edges and bunches of electronics.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#9]

The J was a development from the French version, actually.  The French wanted an E with a better landing speed for their smaller carrier, so the double drooping slats were created.  The USN did a "look what they did!" and when the E's came back for depot rework, new leading edges and bunches of electronics.
View Quote

Neat, Didn't know that. I'm really looking forward to it. But I think its at least 2 years out. And I still have some trepidation on how good their FM's/systems modeling will be given their history (the Mig21 was mostly coded by what is now heatblur if I understand the history).

For me their F4U will be the "test" and even though I don't care too much for warbirds I'll still give it a try.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Neat, Didn't know that. I'm really looking forward to it. But I think its at least 2 years out. And I still have some trepidation on how good their FM's/systems modeling will be given their history (the Mig21 was mostly coded by what is now heatblur if I understand the history).

For me their F4U will be the "test" and even though I don't care too much for warbirds I'll still give it a try.

View Quote

I had an "uncle" who flew Crusaders off Oriskany who got me interested in the type.  Pity he's gone on to greener pastures, I'd have loved to pick his brain about these new sims.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:36:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#11]

I had an "uncle" who flew Crusaders off Oriskany who got me interested in the type.  Pity he's gone on to greener pastures, I'd have loved to pick his brain about these new sims.
View Quote

That's cool. I know a few Viper drivers, and half know a dude that flew F4's. One of them does play DCS here and there. Just don't ask him about "realism" cuz the eye roll is pretty epic. That and he's kinda a dick most of the time.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Thought I was subscribed to this thread but I guess not

For the older "done classics" A-10 for ground work, F5 or mig21 for old school A/A.
View Quote

I really like the F-5, it only took me a couple of days to get the basics down. I wasn't really interested in the F-18, but I wanted to do carrier ops and my buddy bought it so I decided to try it.. it's quickly becoming my favorite plane.

I also have the F-16, Mirage 2000C, and Flaming Cliffs, along with the Gazelle and UH-1 for helis.

The Mirage is sweet too.

Currently running a VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO grip, T16000 throttle and VKB T-Rudders. Last night I ordered a Winwing F-18 throttle, but I probably will end up not even using it since I'm really waiting on a VKB throttle and I'm about to deploy... I just didn't want to miss my shot on getting a good one.

I haven't flown the PG map yet but you'll probably be able to see where I'll be working on there, and no, it's not anywhere anybody would guess
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Can you just get the winwing throttle only now?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Can you just get the winwing throttle only now?
View Quote

Yup.

https://wwsimstore.com/STORE
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:

Yup.

View Quote

Well shit... Now I have to buy it... I gotta figure out if there is a decent mount for it first tho. That one pictured looks like hot garbage.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Well shit... Now I have to buy it... I gotta figure out if there is a decent mount for it first tho. That one pictured looks like hot garbage.

https://media.giphy.com/media/JpG2A9P3dPHXaTYrwu/giphy.gif
View All Quotes

Yup.

https://media.giphy.com/media/JpG2A9P3dPHXaTYrwu/giphy.gif

I have an Obutto cockpit on order and I think I can either make it work or make a custom mount for it. The desk mount does look pretty terrible, but apparently it's okay. One guy uses a short camera tripod under his for extra stability and said it makes it rock solid.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:06:44 PM EDT
[#17]

I have an Obutto cockpit on order and I think I can either make it work or make a custom mount for it. The desk mount does look pretty terrible, but apparently it's okay. One guy uses a short camera tripod under his for extra stability and said it makes it rock solid.
View Quote

I think I saw a mostertech mount for it a while back. Or Foxx might make one for me like the other 8 I have.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:24:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Got my Reverb. Actually sitting in a 3D F/A-18 cockpit is incredible. I’ve actually gone to reach for things a couple of times.

Drunken purchase well spent.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:46:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:00:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
is the reverb the one to go for?
View Quote

yes. but wait for version 2 now !
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#21]

My main point of concern is that currently DCS is going backwards in terms of that gameplay. Frame rates are shot to hell since 2.5.6, MP code got all fubared, AND they totally hosed the content creators by changing a bunch of stuff with how external tools like MOOSE, SRS, and others hook into the game and once again broke a bunch of missions and campaigns. Honestly I was fairly content with the ED portion of DCS like 6 months ago, MP worked, VR frames were "ok" but not great. And really at this point, I worry the next big "fix" or "upgrade" is gonna further tank VR which is currently barely playable for me, and unplayable for others or the netcode. The slow progress on existing modules while still releasing new ones is annoying but for me mostly tolerable since I just fly whatever is more complete for me. Which at this point is largely the Jeff and Tomcat, once in a while I pop in to see whats new on the Hornet and Viper, and then go back to planes that are more done.

On your second point. I agree that they are aiming high, but they are also stumbling and falling on their faces alot. The uncomfortable reality for ED is that in terms of a single player experience Falcon BMS has been the better and more realistic game for nearly 2 decades now which is why they ban any mention of it on their forums. BMS still has a far better single player dynamic campaign, which can also be used in MP. The overall environment is way better, the planes it has are better modeled IMO, especially the vipers. And the dynamic weather and clouds look great. Plane AI and IADS are done better etc.
Smart scaling makes dogfights much more "realistic" since you can actually spot planes and judge plane aspect like you would in real life. And all of this on a "leaked" code base from the 90's that has been "upgraded" by a team of volunteers working for free. It really baffles me that ED doesn't just "borrow" some of the code and ideas from falcon, the code base is out there.

Unfortunately 3 things BMS lacks however really sorta kill it for a lot of people. Dated graphics, especially the ground. No VR (this is what finally killed it for me, and I spent days trying to "hack" VR to work in it) and their front end UI is terrible for setting peripherals, plus a non-easy install. That and the plane set is fairly limited outside of vipers at this point. It still does have a decently dedicated hardcore fan base though so I'm hopeful that they upgrade their GFX engine to include VR support and improve the terrain and UI.

View Quote

This seems like an oxymoron.  Isn't it more 'realistic' to have a small plane look small when it's miles away?  Scaling is a cheat.  A cool cheat, but a cheat nonetheless.  Besides, you have a zoom function.  It's another button press, but it's available.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
is the reverb the one to go for?
View Quote

It really depends on what you want to spend and how good your system is. Coming in a month or three you will have the following.

Reverb2 (nicer version, or what the first one shoulda been)
Pimax 8kx (wider fov, but possibly with really bad dcs performance)
Varjo (if you have 6-10k to spend)

I havent been keeping up too much on the other headsets. But usually around late summer/fall is when the new ones drop.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By eracer:

This seems like an oxymoron.  Isn't it more 'realistic' to have a small plane look small when it's miles away?  Scaling is a cheat.  A cool cheat, but a cheat nonetheless.  Besides, you have a zoom function.  It's another button press, but it's available.
View Quote

Zoom is another cheat which caters to monitor users since it kind of sucks to use in VR as it can be disorienting. I mean the USAF and other nations used smart scaling in their simulators to cue pilots on aircraft attitude in dogfights. At any rate it looks like ED seems to be moving to other "effects" like the black cloud of doom to cue some of this. I wouldnt be surprised to see more things like "glint" in the future too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Zoom is another cheat which caters to monitor users since it kind of sucks to use in VR as it can be disorienting. I mean the USAF and other nations used smart scaling in their simulators to cue pilots on aircraft attitude in dogfights. At any rate it looks like ED seems to be moving to other "effects" like the black cloud of doom to cue some of this. I wouldnt be surprised to see more things like "glint" in the future too.
View All Quotes

You have to do something to make the monitor closer replicate the performance of the human eye.  Doubly so when the AI has superhuman vision.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:36:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#25]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

You have to do something to make the monitor closer replicate the performance of the human eye.  Doubly so when the AI has superhuman vision.
View Quote

Yes I know. BMS went one way, DCS another. Although now you also have to contend with the other issue of VR headsets. Since they are different from monitors too. I also don't like how DCS punishes higher res either.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Smart Scaling is not a 'cheat'.  It's compensation for the fact that our display resolution cannot match the human eye.  It's backed by scientific research, and BMS' implementation is based on the same research paper that the USAF read and agreed with.
Oh, would you be surprised to learn that several sims that the USAF operates use smart scaling?  Probably the Navy too, but I wouldn't know.  

The point is, in real life the human eye can acquire a given target at a given range under given conditions.  In the sim it cannot because the target is smaller than the native size of a single pixel, and therefore isn't rendered.
So what Smart Scaling does is increase the size of the target on a scale as distance increases.  By the time you're in BFM with the target, it's going to be 1:1.

Zoom, on the other hand, is retarded.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:19:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#27]
Originally Posted By Senoj:

Smart Scaling is not a 'cheat'.  It's compensation for the fact that our display resolution cannot match the human eye.  It's backed by scientific research, and BMS' implementation is based on the same research paper that the USAF read and agreed with.
Oh, would you be surprised to learn that several sims that the USAF operates use smart scaling?  Probably the Navy too, but I wouldn't know.  

The point is, in real life the human eye can acquire a given target at a given range under given conditions.  In the sim it cannot because the target is smaller than the native size of a single pixel, and therefore isn't rendered.
So what Smart Scaling does is increase the size of the target on a scale as distance increases.  By the time you're in BFM with the target, it's going to be 1:1.

Zoom, on the other hand, is retarded.  
View Quote

I'd argue that smart scaling is probably the better way to go as it levels the playing field. In DCS "spotting" basically goes to the flat screen guys, with massive zoom levels, primarily because there is no disorientation to worry about. VR spotting used to be even more terrible since it was limited to 2x (which was great for reading text in your pit), now its like 2x and 5x fixed. I believe that flat screen goes to at least 10x or more. In MP this gives the flat screen guys a major advantage in spotting. I can almost always tell which guys are on flat screen versus VR in SRS when it comes to spotting calls.

But ED have said no smart scaling for whatever reason (I'd guess it would be hard to implement in their engine). And instead we get zoom, and smoky planes for visual queuing.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#28]
... and smoky planes for visual queuing.
View Quote

I mean, have you ever seen an Mig-29 in the air?  I'm surprised we even put radars on our jets since those guys rolling coal could be seen from miles away.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#29]

I'd argue that smart scaling is probably the better way to go as it levels the playing field. In DCS "spotting" basically goes to the flat screen guys, with massive zoom levels, primarily because there is no disorientation to worry about. VR spotting used to be even more terrible since it was limited to 2x (which was great for reading text in your pit), now its like 2x and 5x fixed. I believe that flat screen goes to at least 10x or more. In MP this gives the flat screen guys a major advantage in spotting. I can almost always tell which guys are on flat screen versus VR in SRS when it comes to spotting calls.

But ED have said no smart scaling for whatever reason (I'd guess it would be hard to implement in their engine). And instead we get zoom, and smoky planes for visual queuing.
View Quote

in VR you are also way disadvantaged in terms of looking around.

its way harder to check behind you in VR
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Is it possible to set a "snap" view in VR? For example, hit a hat switch and the view is set to a fixed position looking at 4:30-5 o'clock and you can then look around normally? I know using an accelerated movement like with TrackIR would be vomit-inducing in VR so I'm curious... if so it would make things a lot simpler.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#31]

I mean, have you ever seen an Mig-29 in the air?  I'm surprised we even put radars on our jets since those guys rolling coal could be seen from miles away.  
View Quote

Sure, some planes are smokier than others and I don't mind that. I mean the F4 was rolling coal too. I think currently ALL the planes do it to one extent or another as a spotting aid though.

Fun factoid I read the other day, the Mig29 radar was designed to actually be capable of jamming the earlier APG-63's.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:13:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#32]

Is it possible to set a "snap" view in VR? For example, hit a hat switch and the view is set to a fixed position looking at 4:30-5 o'clock and you can then look around normally? I know using an accelerated movement like with TrackIR would be vomit-inducing in VR so I'm curious... if so it would make things a lot simpler.
View Quote

People have asked this in the VR forum, but I'm not sure if anyone actually implemented it. Other people have asked for the acceleration movement as well. I cheat a bit by using a swivel chair.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:05:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mugzilla] [#33]
I am 95% done building a dedicated DCS server.

The server is running!  I can connect to it locally, and play the maps/missions on it!!!!!!   It is sitting next to me (Dell Poweredge, dual processors, all ram slots filled) for the time being.  HOPEFULLY, it will reside on my 200 up, 200 down home connection, or on a 500 down, 100 up connection.

It is password protected, and no integrity check.

If any of you guys want to try it, IM me, and I'll send the IP and the password.  (I'll set the map to a Persian Arabian Gulf, random threats, any plane mission set.)
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 6:17:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IL2windhawk] [#34]
Hornet is getting AG radar. At least some functionality

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - Air to Ground Radar First Look
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#35]
At this stage with RBM its mostly worthless. Most people will whine about not being able to find tanks and such with it, when it was mainly meant to be a NAV aid at best in that mode.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 12:42:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaskanforfreedom] [#36]
Is it just me or did the latest update fuck up a lot of things? The brightness of the environment is all fucky for me and I can't read my hud anymore the brightness adjustment for the hud won't go higher. I can't even read FA-18 MFDs. F16c radar screen elevation cursor numbers won't change despite the radar antenna elevation indicator on the left indicating the vertical slew.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 12:49:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:
Is it just me or did the latest update fuck up a lot of things? The brightness of the environment is all fucky for me and I can't read my hud anymore the brightness adjustment for the hud won't go higher. I can't even read FA-18 MFDs. F16c radar screen elevation cursor numbers won't change despite the radar antenna elevation indicator on the left indicating the vertical slew.
View Quote

Yes. All reported bugs. Next fix wendsday.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
These fucking cunts. I play like one or twice a week why does my experience have to be ruined by fucked up updates.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#40]
These fucking cunts. I play like one or twice a week why does my experience have to be ruined by fucked up updates.
View All Quotes

Because you are on the open beta branch.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Because you are on the open beta branch.
View Quote

+1...

You can always play stable. And honestly if you play offline that's what I'd do.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#42]
fair point. Anyone know if the Hornet FLIR is part of stable or is that on the beta? Thats really what I wanted to mess around with.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#43]
fair point. Anyone know if the Hornet FLIR is part of stable or is that on the beta? Thats really what I wanted to mess around with.
View Quote

Stable got updated a week or so ago so it should have everything short of the last updates like the SLAM and ground mapping radar.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Nope thats on the latest beta. It will be a month or more before it hits stable. The big advantage you have is that the OB also had 2 new paid modules in it so they have a financial impetus to get it to stable as fast as possible.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Nope thats on the latest beta. It will be a month or more before it hits stable. The big advantage you have is that the OB also had 2 new paid modules in it so they have a financial impetus to get it to stable as fast as possible.
View All Quotes

What am I missing?  The Litening has been in for quite a while.  The air to air mode was just added, but I would have figured the ground features would be in stable already.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 11:09:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#46]

What am I missing?  The Litening has been in for quite a while.  The air to air mode was just added, but I would have figured the ground features would be in stable already.
View Quote

Yeah AA, and added FLIR Pointing Modes (HUD Pointing Modes/Snowplow Pointing Mode/Velocity Vector Slaved (VVSLV) Mode) the SLAM. Latest patch. I actually haven't flown the hornet since day 1 of the SC release to do a single touch n go so I'm not the best guy to ask on hornet things at the moment.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Best dcs video ever. No contest

TOP GUN | DCS World Movie Intro
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 6:42:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IL2windhawk] [#48]
Best dcs video ever. No contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Arux8mkMw
View Quote

Thats pretty cool, but these are still my 3 favorites...

DCS Cinematic - LITENING strike

DCS World: Kickstart My Heart
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#49]
I bought Flaming Cliffs a month and a half or so ago and have started learning the F15. Total noob without track IR and just a logitech extreme3d pro. I have been looking at the delanclip and X56 HOTAS, but I have the poors right now since my wife is pregnant.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
I bought Flaming Cliffs a month and a half or so ago and have started learning the F15. Total noob without track IR and just a logitech extreme3d pro. I have been looking at the delanclip and X56 HOTAS, but I have the poors right now since my wife is pregnant.
View Quote

Opentrack and a goofy billboard on your hat is what you seek.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top