Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 3:06:47 PM EDT
Hey, anyone else *trying* to play Americas Army Operations 2.0??? Great game, with sweet mods available for the M4, but getting into servers right now is a sunufabich. Just curious on peoples experiences....
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Not yet but I certainly look forward to giving it a try.  I enjoyed the original AA.  I've been stuck in BF1942 and UT2003 multi-play, ohh and I almost forgot..Call of Duty, check it out!!!  Incredible graphics, beats MOHAA.
GemologistBLOAT
Buy Lots Of Ammo Today
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#2]
1.9 made my computer go too slow (video card I think). I havent played in quite a while. ever since 1.9 came out.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#3]
2.0 is giving me some realy lousy pings.

Ill play it agien when they get all the bugs worked out. Ie i shot some guy pops up that i killed him but hes still running into the doorway i need to go thru and wont let me thru.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]
If you've only applied the patch and had problems, download the full version, delete 1.9 from your system and do a full install.

2.0 is the best yet! They really paid attention to detail. When you do a tactical mag change you just swap mags, but when you run your rifle dry you have to hit the bolt release after you change mags.  The SOPMOD kits are really cool, the silencers make the rifle sound like a .22 (long) with the sonic crack and all.  Even the Reflex washes out against bright objects! LOL!
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I need to get that 2.0 full install. Still, I've been playing the Hospital map for about 12 hours today. Yes, I'm addicted!

If you have a VIP on Hospital who knows what he's doing, you can really rack up score.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#6]
if you know of a good site to FTP 2.0, share it !!!  
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Fileplanet.com has AA 2.0 and just about any patches,mods and map packs one could want.  You don't have to pay, just wait in line(if there is a wait)and follow download instructions.  Definately a great site for those interested in gaming,modding and mapping.  Good luck and tell us if this works for ya!   GemologistBLOAT
                      Buy Lots Of Ammo Today
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#8]
If anyone has a link to the AAO SF E&E map I would like to see it. After playing E&E for several hours I cant figure it out. I think the map that tells you what route to take would help me out thanks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:28:43 AM EDT
[#9]
are you playing aa in single-player mode?  i didn't know it had sp, except in training.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's a tip for doing E&E: After completing obj B, the first obstacle is a tower with searchlights. Since you can start over from the same spot if you get caught, just try sprinting from spawn, and go prone under the bushes when you hear the E voices. At worst, they find you and you start from the same spot again. At best, you go prone under those bushes, sit tight for a few seconds, and then slow crawl on your way. The rest of the map is easy.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been battling lousy pings all along. I was fighting guys who pinged at 30-120, while I was pinging at 2440. Guess who ended up bleeding on the ground?

Oh, I downloaded from Nvidia using Download Accelerator.

So how do you actually become SF? I've completed the initial two training sessions, but the only way I can play on SF levels is as IF, not as SF. I'm also really low on honor and it never seems to get any higher, what to do?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#12]
You have to be 15 or above in honor. If you are below 10 you need 500 points for every honor point. 10-20 you need 1000 points to go up in honor....
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You have to be 15 or above in honor. If you are below 10 you need 500 points for every honor point. 10-20 you need 1000 points to go up in honor....

And how long does that usually take for a mere mortal? I think it'll take quite a while.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:40:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Depends on how good you are... I went from a 10 to 11 in about an hour.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I still don't quite get that game.  Like I've said elsewhere, they tried to get so realistic to the point that it's like work.  Why can't I switch the selector from semi to auto while I'm running?  Is a real soldier incapable of doing this?  And why the hell does it take so long to do?

And what the hell is with the 203?  Why do I have to switch modes to shoot it, it takes all goddamn day in a firefight and I want that bitch on target NOW!  Can't there just be alt-fire and reload buttons?  Granted it wouldn't be as accurate, but it aint like you use that flip up sight anyway...  I'm only up 1 honor point and I'm rapidly losing interest.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:49:00 PM EDT
[#16]
back when version 1.0 came out, I and many others submitted improvement suggestions.

The selector change is one major gripe to me.  How many Combat Arms MOS soldiers need to look down at their rifle to tell if it's in Safe/Semi/Auto ?  (I would hope none).

Someone needs to come up with some device or software that will eliminate the "lag" issue.
not to mention find some way of also preventing the fags from doing their little jump up and down routine so they're less prone to die... these little things really piss me off.

There are lots of other gripes, but alas, it is a game (or I try to tell myself from time to time)
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:51:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, running and not being able to flick the selector switch sucks. Also, the fact that you can't walk with your weapon up and ready (like when you have an M4 with an Aimpoint on it.) Oh well, I guess they had to save something for v2.1.

I do like that frag will get people through doors and windows if they're too close. And I say this even though I myself have been unable to outrun the shrapnel many a time in the past week that I've been playing this game.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 1:42:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Bridge crossing is straight cool...intense firefights. Is funny when 5 or 6 guys try to get cover behind a car that can only cover 3 or 4.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Got tired of getting frustrated at a game that should be fun.  I deleted it last night.  

I'll just wait to see what mods come out for half-life 2 and Doom 3.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top