BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah it also does it when your out and about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So realistic, your horse craps when you hitch it.
Yeah it also does it when your out and about.
And when you're standing behind it tucking skins under a load on it's back... Receiving a load on your boots.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm really enjoying it so far. Game is very beautiful. The blood and weather effects, the way they effect your clothing are all very impressive. I wish they would put a hat marker on the map. Get in a brawl....have to go find your hat. Get attacked by wolves....have to go find your hat...
https://i.imgur.com/PFtRnZj.jpg
View Quote
Return to your horse. You can re-equip your last hat from the horse satchel wheel.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 12:18:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And when you're standing behind it tucking skins under a load on it's back... Receiving a load on your boots.
View Quote
That's just the horses friendly way of saying eat shit. I was so disappointed when I couldn't name my horse Satan's asshole.  

This game is suppose to be rated R. What's wrong with Satan's asshole for fucks sake? Hell I've even heard Arthur say "for fucks sake" for fucks sake.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 5:30:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I tried Thunderbutt and it wouldn't even go for that. Accidentally clicked the wrong button and now its named "My horse".
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I tried Thunderbutt and it wouldn't even go for that. Accidentally clicked the wrong button and now its named "My horse".
View Quote
You can rename in any stable.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I was finally able to sit down and play for about an hour last night, I think I made it through the initial tutorial missions and I'm just starting to get into the "game".

My initial impressions are that the controls are needlessly finicky and cumbersome. Hold this then press this while doing this but don't press that then go to your horse and hold this while you press this and then this to do this but not this and then if this one specific thing happens press this to do this but you have to press a different this to do a similar action for a different thing and on and on and on. Thank god for fucking on screen control prompts as I'm getting finger tied trying to play this thing. It also dawns on me how deeply out of practice I am with controller shooting mechanics. I aim like a drunkard, and even with the game's generous aim assist the few shootouts I've been in I feel very lucky to have survived.

Its a beautiful game though... what of it I can see through snow blindness and blowing fog.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was finally able to sit down and play for about an hour last night, I think I made it through the initial tutorial missions and I'm just starting to get into the "game".

My initial impressions are that the controls are needlessly finicky and cumbersome. Hold this then press this while doing this but don't press that then go to your horse and hold this while you press this and then this to do this but not this and then if this one specific thing happens press this to do this but you have to press a different this to do a similar action for a different thing and on and on and on. Thank god for fucking on screen control prompts as I'm getting finger tied trying to play this thing. It also dawns on me how deeply out of practice I am with controller shooting mechanics. I aim like a drunkard, and even with the game's generous aim assist the few shootouts I've been in I feel very lucky to have survived.

Its a beautiful game though... what of it I can see through snow blindness and blowing fog.
View Quote
The controls are certainly complex and the weapon wheel for items/elixirs feels very clunky. I don't even use it anymore unless I have to out of combat. I use the weapon selection only and then I use my satchel (in combat) for elixirs/provisions. I did find editing the control options for sensitivity made for easier combat. I increased sensitivity and decreased acceleration.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
You know when both you and I started playing video games there were only two buttons so things weren't very complicated. Obviously as time went on things changed and now we're playing games that are just simply mind blowing in realism and have very complex control schemes. This game once you get it figured out will be very fluid. It's more realistic than most games I've played that's for sure.

I remember us playing on the PS3 BF3. Good times we had playing that game. Once online comes out I'm going to clear the OP, and put names up for the Xbone, and the PS4 so we can get people together for posses. Hoping you got it for the PS4.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll go back and name it Fluffy I guess.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I first named him Nagger and got flagged for it as obscene.

Changed it to Horsey instead.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I'm getting better at the controls... my main issue is that my brain keeps defaulting to GTA controls, and RDR2 seems to use a more layered approach.

I am a master of the howdy though.

Also my horse's name is Gluestick, and the first thing I did in ARFCOM fashion was waste all my money upgrading my guns.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think I'm getting better at the controls... my main issue is that my brain keeps defaulting to GTA controls, and RDR2 seems to use a more layered approach.

I am a master of the howdy though.

Also my horse's name is Gluestick, and the first thing I did in ARFCOM fashion was waste all my money upgrading my guns.
View Quote
lol.

Yeah, I have the gun belt, holster and the bandolier. Just got the fuel holster. I keep the Schofield and SAA with me. If I need more rounds I go with the repeater.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Went back to the Valentine stable and there was a thoroughbred in a stall. It gave me the option to claim it so hell yeah! Its fast but spooks easily. Probably go back to the war horse.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
the first thing I did in ARFCOM fashion was waste all my money upgrading my guns.
View Quote
Was disappointed that you can not customize rare guns found. Not only can you not customize them, they don't even show up at all in the blacksmith customizing menu so you can't even have them professionally cleaned. You have to perform the maintenance on them manually yourself all the time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:26:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Pro-tip - Set run to toggle in options to make running a bit less tedious.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#16]
The swamp sure is spooky at night. You should check it out... You'll know.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 6:25:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Went back to the Valentine stable and there was a thoroughbred in a stall. It gave me the option to claim it so hell yeah! Its fast but spooks easily. Probably go back to the war horse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoroughbred is better. Just have to develop your bonding and level the horse up.

That or just locate the wild white Arabian.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:40:30 AM EDT
[#18]
So I picked up the guide (physical copy) yesterday. Anyone know if it can be linked to the guide in the companion app? It would be nice to have on my phone, but I’m not paying another $10.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thoroughbred is better. Just have to develop your bonding and level the horse up.

View Quote
Have to have the ultimate edition to have the thoroughbred.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Its amazing that I've been able to see games go from

this (which was awesome)

to this
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:38:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Special edition and up.

Also:

Per Rockstar support, the physical guide cannot be linked to the app guide.

So if you really want the guide, the app version is only $10, vs $25 for the cheapest physical copy.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Its amazing that I've been able to see games go from

this (which was awesome)
https://i.imgur.com/8SbQnUT.jpg

to this
https://i.imgur.com/pVRBbfN.jpg
View Quote
I was telling a coworker about this earlier today. I started out playing the Atari when I was 8. Told my wife this game is almost overwhelming when it comes to the controller scheme and how realistic it is. Maybe I’m alone in this, and i consider myself a decent gamer.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I was telling a coworker about this earlier today. I started out playing the Atari when I was 8. Told my wife this game is almost overwhelming when it comes to the controller scheme and how realistic it is. Maybe I’m alone in this, and i consider myself a decent gamer.
View Quote
I cant imagine what games will be like in another 10 years.   Hell, star citizen may even be out by then.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I remember when I was like 13 or so trying to play Swordquest Earthworld, Haunted House, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Pitfall on an Atari 2600, and thinking "holy shit how do you play these games, they are like waaaaaaay too complicated".

... and here I am today holding down L2 and trying to press square while still holding X and trying to steer my horse just to say "hi" to some schmuck in a wagon that I inadvertently bump into because the camera shifts angle when I try to talk to someone causing the controller to rumble, the horse to whinny, and me to say "faaaaaaaaaaaaaack". But at least it is better than me accidentally drawing my pistol and nailing some guy right in the face when all I wanted to do was scare him.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I remember when I was like 13 or so trying to play Swordquest Earthworld, Haunted House, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Pitfall on an Atari 2600, and thinking "holy shit how do you play these games, they are like waaaaaaay too complicated".

... and here I am today holding down L2 and trying to press square while still holding X and trying to steer my horse just to say "hi" to some schmuck in a wagon that I inadvertently bump into because the camera shifts angle when I try to talk to someone causing the controller to rumble, the horse to whinny, and me to say "faaaaaaaaaaaaaack". But at least it is better than me accidentally drawing my pistol and nailing some guy right in the face when all I wanted to do was scare him.
View Quote
I was loling all the way through reading your post. Last sentence hit hard though cause I’ve done that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ya... I remember playing the first one and I loved it. This is a great game to me still but when I grabbed it on xbox I remember thinking "At least I'll be able to just chill on the couch and relax while playing", but man the layered controls are making me feel old and I'm barely 30. Can't wait til it eventually comes to PC and everything just has it's own button (hopefully).
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ya... I remember playing the first one and I loved it. This is a great game to me still but when I grabbed it on xbox I remember thinking "At least I'll be able to just chill on the couch and relax while playing", but man the layered controls are making me feel old and I'm barely 30. Can't wait til it eventually comes to PC and everything just has it's own button (hopefully).
View Quote
RDR1 was a hoot... I remember just blasting around the desert on horseback with John yelling "Get ya Nag!" and me yelling back "FUCK YA GO!"

RDR2 is me cussing at the controller, cussing at the screen, cussing at the deer, cussing at the one guy shooting at me from ten feet away behind a rock as I drunkenly try to hit him manually because my deadeye is empty and I don't have any more magic matrix slomo juice to drink... and then my wife looks in and asks why I'm so angry and all I can say is "THIS FUCKING GAME IS FUN GOD DAMMIT THIS IS ME HAVING FUN YAAY." probably with a look on my face like I just stepped in dog shit wearing my church shoes.

When this game is good it is good, but when it is bad it is just... so... frustrating. I don't remember RDR1 being this frustrating, with the notable exception of the finger knife gambling thing. I hate that goddamned game of simon finger knife gambling thing.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 6:44:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

RDR1 was a hoot... I remember just blasting around the desert on horseback with John yelling "Get ya Nag!" and me yelling back "FUCK YA GO!"

RDR2 is me cussing at the controller, cussing at the screen, cussing at the deer, cussing at the one guy shooting at me from ten feet away behind a rock as I drunkenly try to hit him manually because my deadeye is empty and I don't have any more magic matrix slomo juice to drink... and then my wife looks in and asks why I'm so angry and all I can say is "THIS FUCKING GAME IS FUN GOD DAMMIT THIS IS ME HAVING FUN YAAY." probably with a look on my face like I just stepped in dog shit wearing my church shoes.

When this game is good it is good, but when it is bad it is just... so... frustrating. I don't remember RDR1 being this frustrating, with the notable exception of the finger knife gambling thing. I hate that goddamned game of simon finger knife gambling thing.
View Quote
This was me the other day.  My wife was sitting next to me on the couch playing with her phone while I played.  I was riding my horse on a railroad track bridge when the horse suddenly turns 90 degrees and jumps off the bridge head first at full speed.  The horse landed on her head breaking her neck.  You can imagine the list of expletives that followed.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 7:59:59 AM EDT
[#30]
There is something to be said for waiting until after a few patch cycles before playing a game.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

... as I drunkenly try to hit him manually  .....
View Quote
I've noticed that too.

I use free aim and once you get into a shootout and get hit your aiming goes really wobbly.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There is something to be said for waiting until after a few patch cycles before playing a game.
View Quote
So far I have yet to encounter any game breaking bug, hell I've only seen two very minor glitches.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So far I have yet to encounter any game breaking bug, hell I've only seen two very minor glitches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But dat unlimited gold glitch tho...
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#34]
The companion app is really handy for buying stuff, especially when I’m at work.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Question for those who might know: I know clothes can get dirty, and the easiest way to "clean" them is to change clothes then change back... but do clothes "wear out"?

I ask because the outfit I'm wearing now looked brand new when I bought it, and now after wearing it for several in game days (and changing it twice due to mud) it looks a tad more ragged than I remember it being. I'm trying to figure out if I'm seeing things or if they actually put clothes aging into the game.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Question for those who might know: I know clothes can get dirty, and the easiest way to "clean" them is to change clothes then change back... but do clothes "wear out"?

I ask because the outfit I'm wearing now looked brand new when I bought it, and now after wearing it for several in game days (and changing it twice due to mud) it looks a tad more ragged than I remember it being. I'm trying to figure out if I'm seeing things or if they actually put clothes aging into the game.
View Quote
I've noticed the same thing.  I have a black duster that looked new and after wearing a couple days and swapping a few times its pretty ragged.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have you tried taking the outfit for a swim?

Works to clean the horse. Might work for your outfit.

I’ve been wearing the Earl outfit in warm areas and it seems to look as good as the day I bought it. I’ve been swimming in it several times as I try to boost my stamina. Could also be because I’m still rolling with 1080p.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol, I am just not getting that same level of frustration..  At all
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The companion app is really handy for buying stuff, especially when I’m at work.
View Quote
Sure the hell does.. All that trivial stuff that you dont want to go into town and buy.. just click on the app and they deliver... I just spent 750 bucks
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
[OldManYellsAtCloud] They durn made my simple shooty cowboy game into some sort of newfangled puzzlebox [/OldManYellsAtCloud]

Honestly I seem to have this problem with every new console game I buy. I just don't play enough console games to be super comfortable with a controller and all the button combinations needed to make my cowboy burp, rummage through his horse's anus, and whistle dixie while he aims his left hand shootin iron and scratches his ass with his right... all while making sure my bouncing baby cowboy has eaten enough daily beans, washed my clothes in the brook and taken enough naps to ensure his magical cores have enough bar so he doesn't slouch, aim his guns like Foster Brooks, or smell so the townsfolk call me names.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 1:01:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
[OldManYellsAtCloud] They durn made my simple shooty cowboy game into some sort of newfangled puzzlebox [/OldManYellsAtCloud]

Honestly I seem to have this problem with every new console game I buy. I just don't play enough console games to be super comfortable with a controller and all the button combinations needed to make my cowboy burp, rummage through his horse's anus, and whistle dixie while he aims his left hand shootin iron and scratches his ass with his right... all while making sure my bouncing baby cowboy has eaten enough daily beans, washed my clothes in the brook and taken enough naps to ensure his magical cores have enough bar so he doesn't slouch, aim his guns like Foster Brooks, or smell so the townsfolk call me names.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh boy.

You’re gonna be in for a treat once you hook your first big fish.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Oh boy.

View Quote
I love the fishing in this game, but the controls for it suck.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh boy.

Pro tip when going after large fish:

Cast out and quickly reel the lure/bait back in about two thirds of the way before starting your slow retrieve. This cuts down significantly on the time dicking around trying to reel in the fish.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Pro tip when going after large fish:

Cast out and quickly reel the lure/bait back in about two thirds of the way before starting your slow retrieve. This cuts down significantly on the time dicking around trying to reel in the fish.
View Quote
Yeah I do that, but I have carpal tunnel in my right hand so "reeling" sucks to do right now
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#45]
I was trying to catch a damn sturgeon last night.. tried for over 30 mins.. still didnt catch it.. controls def are a pita
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I was trying to catch a damn sturgeon last night.. tried for over 30 mins.. still didnt catch it.. controls def are a pita
View Quote
No idea how much time I wasted, but I went two looooong rounds with the legendary sturgeon where it ultimately spit the lure.

Shortened my retrieve and I had it out of the water under two minutes.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#47]
And in MY epic tale of RDR2 time spent... I... uh...

[under breath] ... played poker for like three hours last night... only to wind up more or less breaking even... [/under breath]

Link Posted: 11/2/2018 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And in MY epic tale of RDR2 time spent... I... uh...

[under breath] ... played poker for like three hours last night... only to wind up more or less breaking even... [/under breath]

View Quote

I have yet to gamble. Considering my level of success in RDR1 I’m probably not gonna bother.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

No idea how much time I wasted, but I went two looooong rounds with the legendary sturgeon where it ultimately spit the lure.

View Quote
So how does that work.. How do you know its a legendary fish? does it tell you when you hook it.. Or when you catch it and pull it out?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So how does that work.. How do you know its a legendary fish? does it tell you when you hook it.. Or when you catch it and pull it out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need a ‘special’ lure to catch legendary fish. They have designated areas for each species, just like the legendary animals. There will be a map once you unlock that storyline.

The sturgeon, for instance, can only be caught from/near a particular railroad trestle. There was a small pucker factor when the first train came by, but standing on the very edge leaves enough room not to get run over.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top