Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2017 2:03:01 AM EDT
How the hell do you get the mods to work with this damn game (Steam GOTY 1.31 version)??  Nothing I've tried works.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:11:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How the hell do you get the mods to work with this damn game (Steam GOTY 1.31 version)??  Nothing I've tried works.
View Quote

Use the Nexus Mod Manager:  https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/categories/?

Top of screen " Install NMM"

Then set the program up, it should search for your games automatically.

Then, install mods from nexus via the "Install with NMM" option
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Use the Nexus Mod Manager:  https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/categories/?

Top of screen " Install NMM"

Then set the program up, it should search for your games automatically.

Then, install mods from nexus via the "Install with NMM" option
View Quote
I do have the NMM.  It is unable to find the Steam version of Witcher unless you manually point it to the correct folder.  Even then the mods will not work.  I even installed them manually to the Witcher directory to no avail.  There are no conflicting scripts that the script merger can find either.  Just driving me nuts.

NMM works great with Skyrim which I modded the hell out of.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Apparently there was an update on the steam version that broke it.

Don't know what to tell you except wait for them to fix it.

I have the GOG version, so don't have that issue lol.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#4]
You have to direct it to a different folder for the Steam version.

I think this is what you need to fix it, can't remember.. GOG and Steam set their game directories up different.

Edit-- This is the folder NMM is directed to on my machine. E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3. Create your "mod" folder in there.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I just want to add that if you haven't already.. Check out the artwork, artbook, blood and wine extras, hearts of stone extras, map and wallpapers folders. There's a TON of swag in there. The Soundtrack folders are all the music in the game in mp3 files (if you're into it).

Here's one of the images resized

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Yup my mod folder is in the same place as yours.

I did some exploring of my mods that NMM installed and they were all just empty folders with no script files.  So I went ahead and downloaded them all manually and installed them.  

Still does not work.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Are you starting the game from steam or the nexus app?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you starting the game from steam or the nexus app?
View Quote
I've tried it from both places with no luck.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats weird. They haven't updated anything that changes directories, and my NMM still works fine.

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3

Thats the route NMM looks for when it does the search. Normally it looks for a \bin\x64 or something like that but delete that part and it SHOULD work.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:30:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if it has anything to do with me having my steam games spread around on two storage devices?  My main Steam program is on C: and Witcher and a few other games are on E:
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd say it shouldn't because I have steam on my ssd, and all of my games on a separate hdd like you. Might be worth a shot to drag your main steam folder over and give it a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top