Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2017 2:44:03 PM EDT
Bored out of my mind and looking for new RPGs to play when I came across a reddit page with a Battle Chasers: Nightwar video link. For those that like turned based RPG games, this looks promising.

It's being released OCT 3 for the PS4 and STEAM.

Battle Chasers: Nightwar - Gameplay Trailer

Battle Chasers: Nightwar | Gameplay Trailer | PS4

9 Minutes of Battle Chasers: Nightwar Gameplay - E3 2017

STEAM Link

PS4 Switch Xbone Link
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Downloading now on my PS4. Will post my thoughts about it after I get time to play it some.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Decent game. I'm about 7 hours in and ran into 2 bugs. One caused a system error and another froze the game. Other than that I like it.

It's not easy and you can't just fly through the game. Dungeons are small, but fun. Bunch of traps like spiked floors, poison darts and the such.

I ran into an optional activated boss that one shot one of my characters. That was interesting. Will get back to him when I level up some more.

You can fight 3 enemies at a time, if you run into more, after you kill the first 3, the next set will jump into the fight. ( continued fight with no breaks )
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
any updates to the game that improve it?

I pre-ordered this for Switch, releases Dec 31.

Hoping any issues will be ironed out by then.

Battle Chasers Nightwar for Switch
View Quote
I believe they're on their second update. I stopped playing after the first update, as it was still crashing all the time and numerous other issues.

Don't get me wrong. It's a great game, but it by far the worst release I've seen with all the issues. It soured my interest in it and Airship didn't really seem to care about PS4 players on the forums.

PC players literally had their questions addressed / answered almost instantly. Issues /questions with PS4 players were ignored for the most part. Xbox seemed to have a stable release.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
any updates to the game that improve it?

I pre-ordered this for Switch, releases Dec 31.

Hoping any issues will be ironed out by then.

Battle Chasers Nightwar for Switch
View Quote
I was going to get it for my Switch, but went with Xenoblade Chronicles 2, instead.  Out for delivery right now
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
yeah I'm thinking the same, want a good grinding RPG for the Switch, might just get XC2 at some point instead.
View Quote
Reviews are saying XC2 is 80+ hours, with well over 100 hours for completionists.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Reviews are saying XC2 is 80+ hours, with well over 100 hours for completionists.
View Quote
30ish hours for Battlechasers. Longer if you don't exploit the unlimited slime boss adds in the well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

30ish hours for Battlechasers. Longer if you don't exploit the unlimited slime boss adds in the well.
View Quote
I'll almost certainly be picking it up at some point.  I think I'm just going to wait for the price to drop.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 1:07:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How is XC2?
View Quote
Only got to play about an hour tonight.  Pretty interesting so far.  I'll report back Sunday evening; maybe make a separate thread so we don't continue the hijack here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top