Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2017 8:44:34 PM EDT
So anyone else bought this masterpiece? I've been kicking a little bit of ass but could really use some tier 1 oper8or pals to help me build up my player some more (I'm not enough of a badass to fight off groups alone)
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking about it but it looks like to get immediate access you need to buy the $75 version of the game which doesn't seem right to me. Even for $45 it's pretty steep for "early access". Isn't it also on it's own launcher as well? I probably would right now if it were on steam so if it runs like dogshit I have the 2hr refund window. I've been following it for a while and if it doesn't implode soon I was going to buy it on release.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was thinking about it but it looks like to get immediate access you need to buy the $75 version of the game which doesn't seem right to me. Even for $45 it's pretty steep for "early access". Isn't it also on it's own launcher as well? I probably would right now if it were on steam so if it runs like dogshit I have the 2hr refund window. I've been following it for a while and if it doesn't implode soon I was going to buy it on release.
View Quote
Nah you only need the $45 version now to play, $75 was for alpha access.

I'm running high graphics w/ good frames (I'm guessing 45ish) on a GTX960, 16 gigs ram, and a i5 of some sort. Only thing really that you need 100% is at least 16 gigs of ram.

As for it being early access, this is the single most fleshed out, polished, and content PACKED one I've ever played even if it only has 4 maps at the moment. Only issues I've had is occasionally not being able to use splints after I break a leg and some rare desync with the AI, never had it with a player.

That being said, if you're the type of player who NEEDS a scoreboard, weapon unlocks, achievements, and etc to enjoy a game, you're not gonna like it (aka if you only play like Battlefield, PUBG, and the like). Also if losing all you shit to a lucky headshot by basically a neked would cause you to absolutely lose your shit......I wouldn't recommend

Basically if you can enjoy a faster paced, closer combat, and way more realistic Arma 3....you'll love it
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nah you only need the $45 version now to play, $75 was for alpha access.

I'm running high graphics w/ good frames (I'm guessing 45ish) on a GTX960, 16 gigs ram, and a i5 of some sort. Only thing really that you need 100% is at least 16 gigs of ram.

As for it being early access, this is the single most fleshed out, polished, and content PACKED one I've ever played even if it only has 4 maps at the moment. Only issues I've had is occasionally not being able to use splints after I break a leg and some rare desync with the AI, never had it with a player.

That being said, if you're the type of player who NEEDS a scoreboard, weapon unlocks, achievements, and etc to enjoy a game, you're not gonna like it (aka if you only play like Battlefield, PUBG, and the like). Also if losing all you shit to a lucky headshot by basically a neked would cause you to absolutely lose your shit......I wouldn't recommend

Basically if you can enjoy a faster paced, closer combat, and way more realistic Arma 3....you'll love it
View Quote
I mean, not to start some bullshit, but have you even played PUBG? There is no scoreboard, weapon unlocks, or achievements. I'll pick it up, been looking for another shooter since my usual pubg groups haven't been on as much.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:02:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I mean, not to start some bullshit, but have you even played PUBG? There is no scoreboard, weapon unlocks, or achievements. I'll pick it up, been looking for another shooter since my usual pubg groups haven't been on as much.
View Quote
Yeah, play it like 3 or 4 nights a week with my college buddies (not a huge fan but I enjoy it enough). "Winner winner chicken dinner #1" and your ranking, just going round by round getting kitted up and if you die you just start a new round, etc is all I really mean there (no consequences). Probably not the best comparison but yeah.

If you do end up grabbing it, message me once you get your controls figured out and I'll see what I can do about getting you kitted out. I just trimmed the fat on all my gear (ditched the duplicates and such, for instance I horded 4 fuckin saiga 12s and 3 krinkovs for some stupid reason) but can just buy the stuff you're after or easily enough kill some others to get it for ya
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:50:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, play it like 3 or 4 nights a week with my college buddies (not a huge fan but I enjoy it enough). "Winner winner chicken dinner #1" and your ranking, just going round by round getting kitted up and if you die you just start a new round, etc is all I really mean there (no consequences). Probably not the best comparison but yeah.

If you do end up grabbing it, message me once you get your controls figured out and I'll see what I can do about getting you kitted out. I just trimmed the fat on all my gear (ditched the duplicates and such, for instance I horded 4 fuckin saiga 12s and 3 krinkovs for some stupid reason) but can just buy the stuff you're after or easily enough kill some others to get it for ya
View Quote
Gotcha. I personally like the lack of persistence in that sort of game. I did just get it so I'll figure out wtf I'm doing but tomorrow is my monday so I'll only be online after 11pm mountain time for the next 6 days. In game name should be pancakeofdoom

edit: USEC or Bear?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 6:40:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
PM me if you want my community TeamSpeak info. We have a lot of people that are playing it throughout the day.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Been playing since 3rd Beta name, name is Back in.  I'm  on the unofficial EFT discord with same name
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gotcha. I personally like the lack of persistence in that sort of game. I did just get it so I'll figure out wtf I'm doing but tomorrow is my monday so I'll only be online after 11pm mountain time for the next 6 days. In game name should be pancakeofdoom

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet, you're in my origin already

I think I'm USEC (my character lines are in English, I'll mock Bears, etc) but for some reason it shows me as a Bear on my player model so not sure
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Been playing since 3rd Beta name, name is Back in.  I'm  on the unofficial EFT discord with same name
View Quote
Can you PM me an invite link to that discord? I'll look you up when I get online...is it just typed "Back in" cause I thought you couldn't do spaces?
@airwing_jarhead
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Can you PM me an invite link to that discord? I'll look you up when I get online...is it just typed "Back in" cause I thought you couldn't do spaces?
@airwing_jarhead
View Quote
Sent you a PM.....my in game and discord name is Hazlik autocorrect is the devil
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#11]
shoot me a PM with the discord too if you don't mind, I haven't been using teamspeak for years so i'll have to set that back up.

edit: Any good resources for a new player? I loaded up an offline game last night and ran around for about 5 minutes before getting blasted in the back by an npc that appeared at a corner I had cleared about 5 seconds earlier. Looks cool and like it could be my cup of tea but there is zero explanation for any of the systems in game.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:46:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Three of us just started playing.  A bit hard to get into with everyone already outfitted with rifles lol.  Trying to kill people with a knife and a mak sucks!
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Three of us just started playing.  A bit hard to get into with everyone already outfitted with rifles lol.  Trying to kill people with a knife and a mak sucks!
View Quote
Yup. Tried jumping online for giggles and got killed about 5 steps out of the spawn area by something suppressed. Probably not going to play until I have days off and see some arfcommers on.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
shoot me a PM with the discord too if you don't mind, I haven't been using teamspeak for years so i'll have to set that back up.

edit: Any good resources for a new player? I loaded up an offline game last night and ran around for about 5 minutes before getting blasted in the back by an npc that appeared at a corner I had cleared about 5 seconds earlier. Looks cool and like it could be my cup of tea but there is zero explanation for any of the systems in game.
View Quote
Google all the maps first to start and memorize the exit and loot spawn points (I wandered around on factory 30 minutes trying to get out on my first round). To get basic gear if you're having trouble killing players join woods as a scav and headshot the AI w/ the krink or saiga 12 (its One or the other and if shoot a scav and the rest that are in visual range go hostile) and loot his armor. If krink throw it in the duffel and grab another shotgun or two while stuffing as many pistols in every spot you can then exfil. Rinse and repeat every hour. (This won't last though, devs are in the works of changing it so killing teammates gets you bad rep of some sort. But once you get well equipped it becomes unnecessary anyhow and you'll rather have the AI around to help out)

On factory stick to the upper area above the floor on the catwalks and ventilation system and rain death from above. People never noticed you

Pistols are pretty much trash but don't underestimate them, they are still very lethal (especially the tokarev). While learning new maps just take a pistol with a mag or two and a stack of rounds in your secure container. For all weapons just take one or two extra mags and after you reload, just drag the ammo from your secure container to the mag and fill it up. Also always check a P226 after going out, you've got what feels like a 50/50 shot of not getting sights on it

When it comes to shotguns, the S12 is king for CQB, remove the rear site and throw on a muzzle break of you have one and use it for Factory runs. The MP153 (semi auto) is fine and has great range, however single loading shells is a bitch. The pump MP133 is just trash all around...however keep it for trading for PP9 Kedr/klin SMGs, 2 stripped receivers gets you one. When stripping save a mag tube extension to throw on an MP153 but sell the rest. To level up skier I'll just buy a bunch of the 153s, strip, resell parts and trade for more PP9s, take the mag, and resell said PP9. It is absolutely dangerous in CQB like factory

The krink is OKish, not as controllable as the 74N but still nothing to scoff at. Find a railed handguard, throw in a VFG, find a Zentico brake or a can and roll on. Optic mounts are pretty common too but you're limited to red dots. Generally regarded as the worst assault rifle tho

You see fully kitted out guys roaming? Stay out of sight and keep your distance but follow them. They leave a wake of bodies in their trail and leave a lot of shit behind

Also when going out with just a knife, find a body of another "hatchling" (players with only melee weapon) and take his hatchet, it's much better. One hatchet strike to the head = dead player....that being said I don't really like going hatchling

That's most of the beginner stuff I have off the top of my head

Map of Factory, the exit is market at the top left corner
Attachment Attached File

Woods, exit is above the lake
Attachment Attached File

Customs, far right exit is the "free" exit....need keys for the other two
Attachment Attached File

Shoreline, the lighthouse thing in the bay is the exit. Idk about the north one, never used it
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yup. Tried jumping online for giggles and got killed about 5 steps out of the spawn area by something suppressed. Probably not going to play until I have days off and see some arfcommers on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spawncamping is a thing unfortunately, albeit rare. I just sent you a friend request on there
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've seen at least 10 hackers in the 5~ hours I've played so far.  All of them were either flying, or teleporting.  Literally had a guy teleport from 1 end of Woods map, to the end where I was about to extract.  Killed a buddy still way back at the start, I killed a guy, took his loot, and was seconds away from extracting and he teleports right in front of me and 1 shots me with a suppressed weapon.

Every single one of these cheaters have used suppressed weapons and 1 shot ya, either by teleporting or flying above everyone.

That really sucks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've seen at least 10 hackers in the 5~ hours I've played so far.  All of them were either flying, or teleporting.  Literally had a guy teleport from 1 end of Woods map, to the end where I was about to extract.  Killed a buddy still way back at the start, I killed a guy, took his loot, and was seconds away from extracting and he teleports right in front of me and 1 shots me with a suppressed weapon.

Every single one of these cheaters have used suppressed weapons and 1 shot ya, either by teleporting or flying above everyone.

That really sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That really sucks.
I'm lucky, I have yet to see one major suckage tho
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm lucky, I have yet to see one major suckage tho
View Quote
Well, when you see a dude flying through the sky shooting people, you'll know it lol.  All I got to say about that!  Crazy shit man
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Link for the above mentioned EFT Discord

https://discord.gg/VJFPW4
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's my experience thus far. Not enjoying it at all unfortunately. I even paid for the EOD edition. I like the idea but it's just not working out well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's my experience thus far. Not enjoying it at all unfortunately. I even paid for the EOD edition. I like the idea but it's just not working out well.
View Quote
Come play with us next time we play.  We don't use the above Discord, but you're more than welcome to come play with us.  Just hop on and mention me here: https://discord.gg/K985Qaz

Same goes for anyone.  We've found when we go in with 3 people at least, we seem to do pretty well.  We may lose a guy but typically 2 people escape with some good loot.  Last time we went into Customs we walked out with 3 shotguns and 2 AK's.

I know where to look in Customs, but we get more loot from the actual players lol.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Come play with us next time we play.  We don't use the above Discord, but you're more than welcome to come play with us.  Just hop on and mention me here: https://discord.gg/K985Qaz

Same goes for anyone.  We've found when we go in with 3 people at least, we seem to do pretty well.  We may lose a guy but typically 2 people escape with some good loot.  Last time we went into Customs we walked out with 3 shotguns and 2 AK's.

I know where to look in Customs, but we get more loot from the actual players lol.
View Quote
I might take you up on that. I'll have to play a little first to reaquaint myself with the controls. I remember it feeling different than most games.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#23]
A couple of friends and I play this pretty much exclusively.  NVG Night raids are the tits.  Operator as fuck.  GSXMatt is my name in game.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I have seen a bit of footage. The whole game seems a bit clunky but the snipers seem especially clunky right now. I may try it when it comes out fully.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#25]
They recently did an update a week or so ago with another coming in couple more weeks.

This game is amazing. Tips for new players.
Do offline matches to learn maps. Then do SCAV runs to try and get gear without fear of losing anything.

When you do a SCAV run, DON'T shoot the npc Scavs when you see them. They won't shoot unless you shoot one of them. Wait until they take over part of a map and loot the dead SCAVS. When you're ready to leave, then shoot the ones with gear you want,  take and extract. Use them to your advantage to kill players.

Other tips:
- Q and E make you lean, hit these fast and it's the "friendly wiggle" if there are other PMCs or player SCAVS, this will signal you're friendly. 75% chance you'll get shot regardless, but hey.
- CNTRL + Mouse Scroll adjusts your waking speed and thus sound.
- As your main PMC character,  eat all food or drink in raid, it increases metabolism skill which reduces degradation of other skills.
- You will die,  and will lose gear. Get use to it. It's easy to make money,  and your given money,  so buy and sell whatever you want/need with the traders.  
- You can shoot through the exit walls on factory. So hose them down if you're worried about exit campers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top