Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the PS4 Gold headset also.  Mine is about 3 years old and has tape holding it together, but it has worked wonderfully.  Have been told my mic is clear, battery lasts long enough for long sessions, easy controls to mute and adjust chat/game volume.  When it dies, I will be getting another one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Sent a couple people friend requests 
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sent a couple people friend requests 
View Quote
FYI if you click the clan link in the OP you can get to a full list of clan members on PS4.

I'm zwilkins82.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 2:24:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Sent a clan request, Blackhalo636
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 2:31:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Sent a request, King_Cobra_636.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Got my alt to 20. Now it's time for 2x rewards!
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Any update on the clan request?

Feel free to add me if anyone likes. 270 titan

BIGmoney8206
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sent a clan request, Blackhalo636
Accepted.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any update on the clan request?

Feel free to add me if anyone likes. 270 titan

BIGmoney8206
View Quote
Accepted.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Dupe
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Yo!! Been playing since a little after release.  Just got my warlock to 255LL so I could get 270 items from Xur.  

Super glad to see some old names on here from destiny 1 even though I sorta quit playing.  So far this game is what D1 should have been I think.  

Need to do my first nightfall before reset so maybe tomorrow night if any of you others need it hit me up!  

lDrizzlel
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Sent a clan request  Billy331
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#13]
The dog part of the raid is so hard 
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Made it to 252 this weekend. I generally only play on weekends, so I'll tend to lag behind most hardcore players.
I'd love to get into a Nightfall and the Raid once I'm high enough to qualify though.  

I never did any of the raids in the first Destiny because I quit playing fairly early on. I'm enjoying this one a lot more however.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been stuck around 270 for awhile because EVERYthing I keep getting is 265.  Hopefully next weeks nightfall and if I ever kill these damn dogs in the raid it'll get me over this hump.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've been stuck around 270 for awhile because EVERYthing I keep getting is 265.  Hopefully next weeks nightfall and if I ever kill these damn dogs in the raid it'll get me over this hump.
View Quote
You're probably already aware of this but, just in case; your drops are based on your Potential Power level, not your current power level like in the first game. That means you should hold on to your strongest power level item in each category (Kinetic, Energy, Helmet, Chest, etc) even if you don't intend to use it. Those items factor into your potential level. It might only be a point or two, but it can help.

Also, Legendary items with mods show at higher Power level than they actually are. So if you have a Legendary Chest piece that is 270 with a +5 Defense Mod, its true level is 265. So you could infuse a 270 Chest piece with no mod into it and the resulting piece will now be 275.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You're probably already aware of this but, just in case; your drops are based on your Potential Power level, not your current power level like in the first game. That means you should hold on to your strongest power level item in each category (Kinetic, Energy, Helmet, Chest, etc) even if you don't intend to use it. Those items factor into your potential level. It might only be a point or two, but it can help.

Also, Legendary items with mods show at higher Power level than they actually are. So if you have a Legendary Chest piece that is 270 with a +5 Defense Mod, its true level is 265. So you could infuse a 270 Chest piece with no mod into it and the resulting piece will now be 275.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah at first I was equipping all that highest level stuff but someone told me that as long as it's in your inventory it counts.

I was also aware of the +5 thing, I just never get anything high enough to infuse unless I complete something with a "Powerful Gear" reward.  

Also Trials of the Nine is hard af too, we got our asses beat.   Tip: Everyone uses MIDA multi tool, or some other broken scout.  The map is unique to that PvP mode and it's really big compared to the other maps.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:33:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yeah at first I was equipping all that highest level stuff but someone told me that as long as it's in your inventory it counts.

I was also aware of the +5 thing, I just never get anything high enough to infuse unless I complete something with a "Powerful Gear" reward.  

Also Trials of the Nine is hard af too, we got our asses beat.   Tip: Everyone uses MIDA multi tool, or some other broken scout.  The map is unique to that PvP mode and it's really big compared to the other maps.
View Quote
I haven't even seen the MIDA yet, though I have some kind of cosmetic piece for it. 
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I haven't even seen the MIDA yet, though I have some kind of cosmetic piece for it. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a random drop, its a specific quest line.  You have to finish the story, all the EDZ story missions (the last of which is called Ehance!) and then Devrim will give you the MIDA mini tool (which is an amazing Sub Machine Gun) and then you go see the armorer guy at the Traveller and he gives you a few tasks.  The first one is to get 50 precision kills with a scout rifle.  Then 25 multi-kills with a scout rifle without reloading (kill 3 enemies without reloading, 25 times).  Then you have to dismantle 5 blue or legendary scout rifles (start saving these if you haven't because they can be hard to find, they're random).  Then you have to get 50 airborne kills with an SMG (shoot stuff with mini tool until its close to death, jump up in the air and finish it off).  Then the gunsmith dude will give you the Multi Tool.  

It's a fun side quest and 100000% worth it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's not a random drop, its a specific quest line.  You have to finish the story, all the EDZ story missions (the last of which is called Ehance!) and then Devrim will give you the MIDA mini tool (which is an amazing Sub Machine Gun) and then you go see the armorer guy at the Traveller and he gives you a few tasks.  The first one is to get 50 precision kills with a scout rifle.  Then 25 multi-kills with a scout rifle without reloading (kill 3 enemies without reloading, 25 times).  Then you have to dismantle 5 blue or legendary scout rifles (start saving these if you haven't because they can be hard to find, they're random).  Then you have to get 50 airborne kills with an SMG (shoot stuff with mini tool until its close to death, jump up in the air and finish it off).  Then the gunsmith dude will give you the Multi Tool.  

It's a fun side quest and 100000% worth it.
View Quote
That sounds pretty fun, especially since Scout Rifles are my favorite. 
Thanks for the tip on saving some back.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#21]
If possible add me Subsonic81.  I'll send a clan request tonight.  Feel free anyone to add me as a friend etc.

I don't get to play a ton plus I was on vacation the week it came out so I am only like 80 something Titan I think.

My 11 year old son uses my account as a Warlock so if it's not a Titan it isn't me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Made it to 252 this weekend. I generally only play on weekends, so I'll tend to lag behind most hardcore players.
I'd love to get into a Nightfall and the Raid once I'm high enough to qualify though.  

I never did any of the raids in the first Destiny because I quit playing fairly early on. I'm enjoying this one a lot more however.
View Quote
Make sure you get to 255LL so you can pick up 270LL gear from Xur, he is here till Tuesday reset.  I just hit 255 last night and all his exotics were 265+5 modifier for me.  Bought one of everything.  Figure it will help me boost my titan and hunter alts when i get around to them. At 23ish shards each they are dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:42:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Make sure you get to 255LL so you can pick up 270LL gear from Xur, he is here till Tuesday reset.  I just hit 255 last night and all his exotics were 265+5 modifier for me.  Bought one of everything.  Figure it will help me boost my titan and hunter alts when i get around to them. At 23ish shards each they are dirt cheap.
View Quote
Hmm, good idea. I might see if I can squeeze in a couple hours tonight.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#24]
If you see me on invite me I'll run some stuff with you.  I still have a lot of gear to work on.

I got my quickest bursts in good gear from running strikes.  Public events were always a toss up on having to travel between them, if people were going to be there to help, and the people there knowing how to turn it to heroic.  

Strikes were pretty fast and gave me great drops blue/purple. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:04:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Banshee128 is a friend of mine and has requested.

His brother* should too at some point, his psn name is Nainkaigo

*also, a good friend, they are just twins
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Beat the dog part, figured out the gauntlet but ran out of time and everyone had to go to bed.  This week should be much better
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Beat the dog part, figured out the gauntlet but ran out of time and everyone had to go to bed.  This week should be much better
View Quote
What kind of play time is the raid taking right now? I heard someone say it's like 7 hours long? 
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#28]
How do I search for clans?  I couldn't figure anything out last night.

On battlefield 1 it was easy to find the arfcom clan.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What kind of play time is the raid taking right now? I heard someone say it's like 7 hours long? 
View Quote
I haven't tried yet but keep in mind how long it took to do vault, crota and oryx the first few times. I think the first time I did vault it took me like 6 hours, 2 weeks later and I was knocking it out in less than 40min.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I haven't tried yet but keep in mind how long it took to do vault, crota and oryx the first few times. I think the first time I did vault it took me like 6 hours, 2 weeks later and I was knocking it out in less than 40min.
View Quote
I never got a chance to run any of those. I just had nightmare flashbacks to all-night raids in WoW when I heard 7 hours. 
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It depends on how much you can figure out.  Once you get a system down, each part might take 30 min.  We haven't made it to the end.

We spent 4 hours just on the dog part one night trying different strategies.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It depends on how much you can figure out.  Once you get a system down, each part might take 30 min.  We haven't made it to the end.

View Quote
My brother, who spends 90% of his time awake playing video games, was over the other day and gave me his strategy along with walking me through the raid underbelly chests. Each dog goes to a specific spore pod when they alert so they assign each person to a specific dog/location. They sneak to the first two pods to charge since you end up with two locations immediately. Once they get those the 3rd appears and they race to it, charge and by that time they're usually seen at which point they can drop the seed and jump up top so they can see and get to their dog location quickly. They get them down to about 25%-30% on the first go and then finish them off in the 2nd round on a full repeat.

The time you have to charge lessens each round so doing it in fewer rounds is best I guess. I haven't had an opportunity to run it again.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My brother, who spends 90% of his time awake playing video games, was over the other day and gave me his strategy along with walking me through the raid underbelly chests. Each dog goes to a specific spore pod when they alert so they assign each person to a specific dog/location. They sneak to the first two pods to charge since you end up with two locations immediately. Once they get those the 3rd appears and they race to it, charge and by that time they're usually seen at which point they can drop the seed and jump up top so they can see and get to their dog location quickly. They get them down to about 25%-30% on the first go and then finish them off in the 2nd round on a full repeat.

The time you have to charge lessens each round so doing it in fewer rounds is best I guess. I haven't had an opportunity to run it again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats the strategy we used when we actually beat that part.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I never got a chance to run any of those. I just had nightmare flashbacks to all-night raids in WoW when I heard 7 hours. 
View Quote
Everquest had raids that took days when first released.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sent a clan request  Billy331
View Quote
Approved.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Banshee128 is a friend of mine and has requested.

His brother* should too at some point, his psn name is Nainkaigo

*also, a good friend, they are just twins
View Quote
Banshee was already accepted.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Worlds fastest clear of the entire raid so far is less than 30 minutes.

The pools and gardens can be both done within the first phase, but good luck finding a PUG that can do it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The pools and gardens can be both done within the first phase, but good luck finding a PUG that can do it.
View Quote
The PUG thing is what worries me. 
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I finally figured out how to send a request to join the clan.  This game gets old solo.  Please approve when time allows. User Subsonic81.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I finally figured out how to send a request to join the clan.  This game gets old solo.  Please approve when time allows. User Subsonic81.
View Quote
Approved
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Approved
View Quote
I just sent a request too, in game same as user
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Approved
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Sent a request, MC_Squared34
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We beat the Dogs and the Gauntlet last night in 2 hours including getting both chests.  Could have easily been half that if not for a few silly mistakes.  I didn't get shit for loot.

They rearranged the raid order this week, used to be bathers, dogs, gauntlet.  Now it's dogs gauntlet bathers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Anyone else sickictated with the RNG behind RNG of these damn faction engrams?

I want that damn EDZ Hunter armor and I'm up to 37 engrams and only have the damn helmet and gloves.

This is bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:32:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Get your best rocket launcher in the game right now from Xur!!!!

(Coincidentally, or perhaps not, Xur is currently selling the best heavy weapon in the game and warlock sunbracers... He did the same the second time Xur showed up in D1.)
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#47]
In case anyone missed it in this week’s bungie update, here’s the upcoming faction armor:

Dead Orbit
Attachment Attached File

Future War Cult
Attachment Attached File

New Monarchy (my favorite)
Attachment Attached File

Apparently the faction that “wins” gets to purchase a nice weapon at the end of each season for 10,000 glimmer, while the losing factions will still be able to purchase it but will have to spend 50,000!
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
In case anyone missed it in this week’s bungie update, here’s the upcoming faction armor:

Dead Orbit
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/394169/8FD84623-F7AC-4962-8FC0-21C896B38001-313885.JPG

Future War Cult
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/394169/8431353C-E24D-4482-83AF-9A16E976339F-313883.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/394169/85CEAA7F-8E0F-4500-A0B4-A7C822D22F13-313884.JPG

Apparently the faction that “wins” gets to purchase a nice weapon at the end of each season for 10,000 glimmer, while the losing factions will still be able to purchase it but will have to spend 50,000!
View Quote
50,000 glimmer ain't shit
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Dead Orbit
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/394169/8FD84623-F7AC-4962-8FC0-21C896B38001-313885.JPG

Future War Cult
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/394169/8431353C-E24D-4482-83AF-9A16E976339F-313883.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/394169/85CEAA7F-8E0F-4500-A0B4-A7C822D22F13-313884.JPG

View Quote
Can't decide if I like the DO or NM titan armor better... damn
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Get your best rocket launcher in the game right now from Xur!!!!

(Coincidentally, or perhaps not, Xur is currently selling the best heavy weapon in the game and warlock sunbracers... He did the same the second time Xur showed up in D1.)
View Quote
I bought the rocket launcher. I don't see it being useful in the raid, although I haven't tried to raid and am just going off of what I've read. It's very situational IMHO. If you need to spray down a mob at medium range or melt a heavy at close range it's a beast. The tougher high value targets that would take me a few minutes now get melted in about 3 shots from it, if that (I'm only 260 light btw). It's pretty uncontrollable but it's a very fun launcher and the best way to describe it would be if gjallarhorn and a shotgun had a baby.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top