Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 105
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Supposedly next season (Tuesday) they're making the Moon and Dreaming City relevant again, so we'll see. I still don't have most of the exotics this season (and don't really want any of them tbh), but it's the best time to try to get them, so I'm probably going to try doing the lost sectors for the exotics, at least the ones that are available in the 1250/1280 lost sectors. I don't even think I've unlocked the Cosmodrome lost sectors on all my toons yet...they purposefully made them more annoying to get to than they are to do. Why, Bungie...why.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a bit crazy to me that Season of Arrivals (last season) was better than this season despite not being a true expansion and being extended for multiple months with BL delayed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a rangefinder Hawkmoon and I’m now a handcannon person.
Also got an ambitious assassin/demo Salvo tonight. Has potential.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve also been using a rangefinder/explosive payload True Prophecy a lot.  I think it started my HC conversion.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve also been using a rangefinder/explosive payload True Prophecy a lot.  I think it started my HC conversion.
View Quote

That’s my roll for Crucible. It’s a hand sniper.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#8]
If you've got Eyes of Tomorrow and for whatever reason find yourself struggling in the nightfall...put it on. It makes the spider tank part almost trivial; make sure you've got a couple of finders on though. Launch one, hit 4+ dreg; launch another aimed at the brig(s) and spider and it'll do a ton of damage. Also great for getting rid of all the snipers first thing when you first step out..
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Took 37 clears, but I finally got one:

Edit - not the gun...I got one of those 3 or 4 clears in. The roll Been looking for that roll as soon as I found out it was possible, and finally got it...I dunno if I'd rather have a range mw, but for now I'll take what I can get!
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#10]
For those interested,
This week in Trials, at 3 wins you get the Messenger pulse rifle.

It can roll with Desperado, so basically a Redrix.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:11:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For those interested,
This week in Trials, at 3 wins you get the Messenger pulse rifle.

It can roll with Desperado, so basically a Redrix.
View Quote

Torn on wanting to step in there. Stasis has ruined PvP but loot...
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Torn on wanting to step in there. Stasis has ruined PvP but loot...
View Quote

Agree.

I have kiddo duty, so either way i'ma get fragged.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Finished Cursebreaker. Bones are back in Shattered Throne.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:06:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Finished Cursebreaker. Bones are back in Shattered Throne.
View Quote

Congrats! I finished it off a while ago, it was one of those ones where I found myself like 10 eggs and 5 bones away from finishing it, and figured I'd get it done...those ascendant challenges, some of those could be a bitch
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Congrats! I finished it off a while ago, it was one of those ones where I found myself like 10 eggs and 5 bones away from finishing it, and figured I'd get it done...those ascendant challenges, some of those could be a bitch
View Quote

That one with the sword and the eggs way off to the side in the middle of nowhere in the pitch black...
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That one with the sword and the eggs way off to the side in the middle of nowhere in the pitch black...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ugh. "Surely bungie didn't actually write it that way, so you had to exploit a sword swing mechanic to fly across the map..."

Also: "We can't have people worldline zero skating"

What I wanna know is, how the hell did someone discover that egg all the way the hell out there...
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:22:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Three more runs and no boom tube.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Are you doing runs after? Farming for spoils?

I wouldn't be surprised if those up your chances for the looted runs too...the group I run with farm DSC all the time, looted runs or no, just for the spoils (and to reroll whatever at the last chest)...
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Might be helpful if you're struggling and can't figure out why some things stack but not others..

Edited - yes, that's right...Argent Ordnance can stack 3x if you have the armor for it..
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It took me a few years to finish Cursebreaker only because it took that long to actually do the raid lol
View Quote

I used the Salvations Grip wall breach to get the egg and chest behind Morgeth.  Still haven’t done the whole raid.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I used the Salvations Grip wall breach to get the egg and chest behind Morgeth.  Still haven’t done the whole raid.
View Quote

Did they patch that out yet? My brother doesn't really/isn't really able to schedule the time to do a raid (kids, family, etc kind of eat that time) so he's gotta solo much of what he can, and for the 45 or so minutes he's able to schedule things, I usually take him through nightfalls or dungeons (Shattered Throne, etc) to get whatever. If that bug still works, then he'll at least be able to get those eggs without too much trouble.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes. There was another breach with hunter silence and squall but I think it was fixed also.
CheeseForever had a video showing how to run back from the next encounter (the vault?). It required unplugging your internet for a couple seconds.  Check him out on Youtube.

Quoted:
Did they patch that out yet? My brother doesn't really/isn't really able to schedule the time to do a raid (kids, family, etc kind of eat that time) so he's gotta solo much of what he can, and for the 45 or so minutes he's able to schedule things, I usually take him through nightfalls or dungeons (Shattered Throne, etc) to get whatever. If that bug still works, then he'll at least be able to get those eggs without too much trouble.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Are you doing runs after? Farming for spoils?

I wouldn't be surprised if those up your chances for the looted runs too...the group I run with farm DSC all the time, looted runs or no, just for the spoils (and to reroll whatever at the last chest)...
View Quote
We used to sherpa random people from lfg.  Now we just do three runs a week.  I have 46 clears personally.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We used to sherpa random people from lfg.  Now we just do three runs a week.  I have 46 clears personally.
View Quote

Oof...I've got 39 now, and it dropped for me on Christmas Day...

The chances are supposed to add up, so keep plugging along, it'll drop eventually, and you'll be super happy that it did...then you'll use it a few times and put it away
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#30]
There’s a new thread on Reddit showing how to kill Morgeth with stasis and a sword without starting the encounter. Might follow that and see if they figure out how to complete the encounter. They were saying something about it “soft locking”.

Search r/raidsecrets for Morgeth.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There’s a new thread on Reddit showing how to kill Morgeth with stasis and a sword without starting the encounter. Might follow that and see if they figure out how to complete the encounter. They were saying something about it “soft locking”.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Saw it, what they didn't tell you is you're gonna go through everyone's sword ammo, wait for it all to regen, and then repeat...only one person can damage Morgeth at a time. And even when it does finally die...even if you start the encounter, it just hangs there, hence "soft locking".

It's not really a way to get anything done...it's just a bug.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Dead mans tale exotic scout rifle quest dropped the other day. Pretty neat, seems like a hard hitter. Can redo quest for random rolls once or twice a week and it will give powerful gear also on extra completions. I did it solo but it took a long time lol
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Yeah I got as far as the hanger and just kept getting over-mobbed. My loadout was probably not the best but after about a half hour at the hanger I said fuck that...and just waited for a couple friends to get online. It was smooth sailing with 3.

It's pretty cool; it's super sticky and has a huge crit zone, both in hipfire and aiming. Damage ramps up to the 5th shot, where you hear an audio cue kind of like Hawkmoon, except it's more like from The Good The Bad and The Ugly

There was some youtube videos on it...someone already tried a 6 man Taniks (DSC boss) with it. 3 phases later...finally got him down It is definitely not a boss damage weapon, but it looks like it might be awesome in Crucible.

It's also got a super, super long range...it was making full value crit hits further out than any other scout I tried, and some sniper rifles at that..
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Pair it with a shotgun and you really feel like you’re in a western.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah I got as far as the hanger and just kept getting over-mobbed. My loadout was probably not the best but after about a half hour at the hanger I said fuck that...and just waited for a couple friends to get online. It was smooth sailing with 3.

It's pretty cool; it's super sticky and has a huge crit zone, both in hipfire and aiming. Damage ramps up to the 5th shot, where you hear an audio cue kind of like Hawkmoon, except it's more like from The Good The Bad and The Ugly

There was some youtube videos on it...someone already tried a 6 man Taniks (DSC boss) with it. 3 phases later...finally got him down It is definitely not a boss damage weapon, but it looks like it might be awesome in Crucible.

It's also got a super, super long range...it was making full value crit hits further out than any other scout I tried, and some sniper rifles at that..
View Quote

The hanger was easy. I ran nightwatch, ikelos smg, and xenophage. Produce the occasional warmind cell also. Three scorn captains, each of the elements, few screebs here and there to watch out for, and just peck at the bosses when they come out. There is enough cover in that room that it shouldn't be real difficult.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#36]
The problem I ran into was that the screebs were spawning without any noise at all, so while I was working on one of the monstrosities or shielded scorn, boop...3 screebs out of nowhere, and boom. Even if I was looking for them, they still managed to hide and appear at precisely the wrong time. After the 3rd or 4th wipe I said fuck it. The juice wasn't worth that particular squeeze. I just waited for a couple more to come on and breezed through it in a team of 3. The boss was annoying even with a team of 3, next time I think we'll all use Anarchy and just easy-street it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:11:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Holy shit I got the eyes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 3:30:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congrats!!

I've been using it to spam the shit out of the nightfall and battlegrounds all week...3x Argent Ordnance with whatever other CWL mods, proc Adaptive Ordnance, and it does a ton of damage to bosses fast. It seems gimmicky at first but man it can clear ads quickly...and it's fun in Gambit
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:50:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:30:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Who is Chris Contreras? Just applied on XBox.
View Quote
No idea.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Who is Chris Contreras? Just applied on XBox.
View Quote

Dunno...

His GT is: SwaggerWagon94
(Sound like anyone you killed in Gambit??)
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#42]
K1 Communion @ 1300 is a pain in the ass.  I made several runs past 15 minutes. Got an Alpha Lupi. Finally got 2 sub 15 runs and just cores.
Playing Titan some now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:12:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:31:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
No idea, but hooooooooly fuck did I piss off someone in Gambit tonight
View Quote
Yep  You're living rent free in his head.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

is the raid doable with a pickup group? ive never done one, and it seems like i cant get raid shit from the clan lady anymore
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

is the raid doable with a pickup group? ive never done one, and it seems like i cant get raid shit from the clan lady anymore
View Quote

They quit raid and trials loot a loooong time ago from the clan vendor.
The clan can still earn an engram or running a raid, but it won't be raid specific loot.

So yeah.. you have to participate.

Yes the raid is doable with a LFG group. Or you know... be social and ask some clanmates?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The clan can still earn an engram or running a raid, but it won't be raid specific loot.

Yes the raid is doable with a LFG group. Or you know... be social and ask some clanmates?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I get on I feel like I only see one or two people from arfcom lol
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

When I get on I feel like I only see one or two people from arfcom lol
View Quote

Evenings and weekends are best for high volume.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 105
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top