Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 105
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The champions thing is not a big deal; in this week's Ordeal it works out to %39 per 1220 run, if you at least tag all the champions and get credit (it's a fireteam-wide credit). There's a few champions where you might not expect them, so don't go in expecting to speedrun...

Anyway, you'll get it before you finish your 3rd run, easy.

I just finished the quest with crazymike...the only issue we ran into was at the final area of the last stage - basically, you need to do it like you're solo. Glowey enemies drop orbs, use the orbs to break shields...but don't pass the orb to a teammate first. It breaks the encounter; no more orbs will spawn if you do that.

So, instead of passing the orb like you would in The Corrupted, just throw it at the shields instead, and finish the shielded enemy the old fashioned way, by shooting them. It's a decent chance to try the weapon out (you get it right before the final boss) but the psions replicate too fast...I mean seriously, every 3 seconds they're ALL splitting. It's kind of ridiculous.

Anyway - it's really not too bad. You can do it in IB if you want, but...3 nightfalls, or a ton of crucible...yeah, 3 nightfalls it is. Just make sure you're not running with some random asshat that likes to melt champions before you can even get there, or put a few rounds in it. There's a TON of champions in this week's nightfall, so it works out.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 7:24:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I can't tell a difference other than the adjustable field of view for the series x.  I'm going to say it's just my aging eyes because the other guys I play with say it looks different to them.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Watched Esoterrick’s video on solo master NF. At one point he is shooting a void shielded cabal and bypassing the shield. Damaging the yellow health bar while barely touching the white shield bar.  How is he doing that with a kinetic HC?
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Watched Esoterrick’s video on solo master NF. At one point he is shooting a void shielded cabal and bypassing the shield. Damaging the yellow health bar while barely touching the white shield bar.  How is he doing that with a kinetic HC?
View Quote

Wouldn't the anti barrier HC mod do this?
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#7]
We dont have that this season.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#8]
It’s because of the timed payload perk on the gun.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It’s because of the timed payload perk on the gun.
View Quote

WAT
Timed payload bypasses shields?? What about explosive?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#10]
IIRC explosive rounds and timed payload not only breaks the barriers but stuns too. Seems like I watched a video about it.

Edit to add you need the appropriate anti barrier mod applied to your armor. Seems like the video I watched stunned a barrier fallen Captain and broke the barrier.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I tested timed and explosive on minotaurs on Nessus today. Didn’t work.
ETA: Dug into the youtube comments, timed and explosive only bypass Incendior shields.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 6:26:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Sooooo much raiding the last two nights.  We did every challenge/triumph that is available but the flawless.  We haven't tried that one yet.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I know this is technically the Xbox thread, but are there PC guys in here? Looking for a clan to join
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We did the challenge mode which was whatever I guess, seemed kinda clunky and IMO unnecessarily extended an already boring encounter.

We were talking about it and flawless shouldn't be too big a deal.  Hardest part will probably be managing the nukes at the third and final encounters, and even then that's just going to be call outs and paying attention to who has a battle buddy and who doesn't.
View Quote

And not fudging the spacewalk.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#17]
For fun we do the 3rd encounter in %99 pure chaos mode...no comms. Except Scanner. We make them type it out far/near, left/right in chat so no one speaks, at all, ever.

It's glorious, and most of the time, we actually do flawless that encounter

The spacewalk leading up to it, on the other hand...

And for some reason, at the end of the encounter, a person will randomly die for no discernible reason on landing...

But, the encounter itself? No problem. Just kill everything and don't die
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For fun we do the 3rd encounter in %99 pure chaos mode...no comms. Except Scanner. We make them type it out far/near, left/right in chat so no one speaks, at all, ever.

It's glorious, and most of the time, we actually do flawless that encounter

The spacewalk leading up to it, on the other hand...

And for some reason, at the end of the encounter, a person will randomly die for no discernible reason on landing...

But, the encounter itself? No problem. Just kill everything and don't die
View Quote

Those random landing deaths are annoying. I also had a time where I was stuck in the “limping animation” at the end of the third encounter up until the final boss until I popped my super.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Those random landing deaths are annoying. I also had a time where I was stuck in the “limping animation” at the end of the third encounter up until the final boss until I popped my super.
View Quote

So many stupid little bugs...

We had a final encounter once where Div just did not work, at all, period. The div shooter didn't do any damage to the boss, and no one got the damage multiplier bonus from it. Some people even got immunes on the boss. Turns out having High Energy Fire and divinity...do not mix. Nor does the arc raid mod, forget what the name if it is though. (probably the scanner one iirc)

We've had the LAST FUSE in the first encounter bug out...it would not break. Everyone unloaded supers on it, everyone unloaded all their xeno ammo on it, etc...and the damage phase did not end, on top of that. After a couple minutes we had to wipe and do it again.

The oob cheese in the first encounter is nice at least...
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#21]
We did two clan mates through their first last wish raids.  Holy glitches!  Riven would stop taking damage or would gain health but that wasn't that bad, the heart run was awful.  It wouldn't announce who was to carry, the adds weren't spawning, the first guy wouldn't get pulled in and drop over dead instead, wow!

But after all of that one of the guys got the one thousand voices off his four keys.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 10:38:12 PM EDT
[#22]
We completed the 1280 NF. Wiped at the boss several times but finally got it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:07:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We completed the 1280 NF. Wiped at the boss several times but finally got it.
View Quote

We did as well... on both accounts.

Had we not wiped on the first run, our score would have been 146k.. after wiping we ended up with 124k

Best we could muster on the 1250 was 97k.

Looking forward to being on my titan for another run. I have a feeling bubble will be very useful.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#24]
I’m running max recovery max discipline well lock. Being able to drop a healing rift every 40 some seconds was very valuable.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

We did as well... on both accounts.

Had we not wiped on the first run, our score would have been 146k.. after wiping we ended up with 124k

Best we could muster on the 1250 was 97k.

Looking forward to being on my titan for another run. I have a feeling bubble will be very useful.
View Quote

It took us two runs at 1250 to get 100k. 1st run we ended with around 96k, 2nd run we got it.

The key was to step on the plate in the 2nd area until enemies spawn, step off the plate to kill all the enemies, then step on the plate, rinse and repeat. I think we got around 110-115k. Basically extend the encounter as long as you can.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Yay, Merry Christmas to me...been running it a ton of times a week since the week after (I missed getting a week one on my raid report by a couple of hours ), 3x a week and today on my first run of the week, got it. It's pretty fun, I should take it into gambit and invade some day

And, now I'm only a couple of armor pieces short of hitting the cap for all the toons..
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 1:54:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Almost an hour late, but Merry Christmas everyone.

I was bored (and a bit intoxicated) tonight, so I decided to make my kill total sequential.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#29]
We did trials for the first time today. We suck. Got a shotgun tho.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:35:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Slideshot/One two punch. One/two seems like more of a pve thing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Last night I finished the light on my hunter.  My titan needs one piece and my warlock is complete.  Three damn boots on my titan in the raid this week, three!
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:19:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There's about six or eight of us on PC.  Saltworx.  We're salty.

QuintinAR15 on Steam.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know this is technically the Xbox thread, but are there PC guys in here? Looking for a clan to join

QuintinAR15 on Steam.

This is what I came here to find. I just picked up this game from Steam a few days ago.

You guys on Discord? Im trying to learn a bit about the game.

Right now Im running around doing quest and missions but I have about a million questions.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 2:02:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yessir, we have a team Discord.  This game can be a lot to take in for a newish player, and Bungie does fuck all to explain any of it.  Basically they arm you, and tell you to go off in the wilds and shoot things.  That is the basic gist of Destiny, but there are specific ways and places and times to go shoot things, and we can explain that.

What's your Steam name?

eta - @Maverick91 you too, hit me up on Steam and we'll go shoot some bad guys and get some loot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

QuintinAR15 on Steam.

This is what I came here to find. I just picked up this game from Steam a few days ago.

You guys on Discord? Im trying to learn a bit about the game.

Right now Im running around doing quest and missions but I have about a million questions.
Yessir, we have a team Discord.  This game can be a lot to take in for a newish player, and Bungie does fuck all to explain any of it.  Basically they arm you, and tell you to go off in the wilds and shoot things.  That is the basic gist of Destiny, but there are specific ways and places and times to go shoot things, and we can explain that.

What's your Steam name?

eta - @Maverick91 you too, hit me up on Steam and we'll go shoot some bad guys and get some loot.

I dont know anything other than what I've seen on a few YouTube vids and finding out for myself.

I'll IM ya that Discord name when I get to my home PC (forgot which account I still have and which one I nuked)

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:59:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Two raids tonight and no eyes and nothing useful for my titan.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Did my 3 weekly DSC yesterday...got my titan and warlock topped off, 1260 everywhere. My hunter...bungie decided I should have multiple copies of legs and arms. All I need is a helmet

Just finished the weekly strike pinnacle, and it decided to give me another Night Watch...I can see that topping off this toon is going to take a while, sigh.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Also, the raid challenge this week is pretty easy, so long as everyone communicates and is on the same page - A quick breakdown of the rotation

It's easiest if everyone pairs up with a buddy (so Player 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6) - so if player 5 picks up suppressor in the first round, player 6 picks it up the next...i.e. the first in the pair picks up the buff, then after the warheads are dunked and the next phase starts, the 2nd of the pair picks the buff up from the receptacle. This means the first of the pair needs to be on their toes for when the handover from one pair to the next pair happens, but again - communication is key...

There should be just enough time between phases for any deactivated augment lockout to expire...if you still have a few seconds left, call it out so the person who would be depositing your buff, deposits it last to give you that little extra time.

And...don't forget, there's more than one receptacle to deposit or grab buffs from

Oh, and if you have a buff, don't die. Challenge failed in that case
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#41]
I solo cleared 1280 Concealed Void. Leave Lament at home. Anarchy worked, Xeno would probably work too.  It was...not easy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I solo cleared 1280 Concealed Void. Leave Lament at home. Anarchy worked, Xeno would probably work too.  It was...not easy.
View Quote

Anarchy is so good. The utility for end game solo activities is unmatched.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
GG's, that's a task.  I haven't even attempted a 1280 lost sector yet.
View Quote

Thanks!  I did 1280 Velles Labyrinth the day before.  Considerably easier. True Prophecy, Jian-7, Anarchy.
Before that I did the other Cosmodrome one. I finished it past the 15 minute mark.  The mixed champs together make it very difficult.

I just wish I’d get something other than Promethium Spur and Vesper of Radius.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Also, the raid challenge this week is pretty easy, so long as everyone communicates and is on the same page - A quick breakdown of the rotation

It's easiest if everyone pairs up with a buddy (so Player 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6) - so if player 5 picks up suppressor in the first round, player 6 picks it up the next...i.e. the first in the pair picks up the buff, then after the warheads are dunked and the next phase starts, the 2nd of the pair picks the buff up from the receptacle. This means the first of the pair needs to be on their toes for when the handover from one pair to the next pair happens, but again - communication is key...

There should be just enough time between phases for any deactivated augment lockout to expire...if you still have a few seconds left, call it out so the person who would be depositing your buff, deposits it last to give you that little extra time.

And...don't forget, there's more than one receptacle to deposit or grab buffs from

Oh, and if you have a buff, don't die. Challenge failed in that case
View Quote
We wait until deactivation to rotate buffs and go blue then red then yellow but otherwise same strat.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We wait until deactivation to rotate buffs and go blue then red then yellow but otherwise same strat.
View Quote

Yup there's a couple different graphics out there that are slightly different but the same general idea...I was with a team yesterday that was going off of a different graphic; it worked out at the end, but the first rotation was a bit wtf until we figured out we were reading different pages

Still got the challenge done anyway...its a bit of a let down if you've already done it on all your toons for the week, but whatever makes everyone else feel better

Finally got a Commemoration with feeding frenzy; I really need a reconstruction/rampage though. Ever since they nerfed FF, it's just not the same..
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Nightfall this week is really easy to get 100k on at 1220 - kinetic scout, energy SMG, and Anarchy makes it easy-peasy.

For added excellentness, throw on a bunch of Solar Warmind cell builds/mods and use a Seraph or Ikelos SMG. I very literally try to run all of these at the same time on both my hunter and warlock:

on Solar armor:
Wrath of Rasputin
Fireteam Medic
Burning Cells
Rage of the Warmind

and Global Reach (can put it on any element armor)

Not only do you pretty much set everyone on fire all the time, but it keeps everyone healthy...plus it's fun.

Not so fun when some assclown decides to blow up your warmind cell without any mods on their armor...it won't do shit so you wind up racing to blow it up before the other randos can

I don't have my Titan set up this way mainly because I don't have a ton of solar armor on my titan..
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Poor Taniks has been getting shit on for a few years now. Just rewatching some great D1 memories.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/ou7rid3r/video/45456657

With the right strike modifiers you could really melt.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/ou7rid3r/video/47929239
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:38:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Hah

Just for shiggles we tried Outbreak Perfected on Taniks...5x + div, and we actually did decent; very close to a 1 phase. Not sure if having the 6th would have pushed us over, or just having another celestial or two would have done it too (AFAIK I was the only celestial).

We also tried Acrius...yeah, even in a well with lunas and an empowering rift, not enough range. Oh well.
Page / 105
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top