Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 105
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I forgot how fun Sturm and Drang can be...and now that they gave it a buff, I figured let's have some fun (relative)

I did the whole nightmare thing, I don't even remember the name of the new public event on the Moon, the one where you prevent nightmares from sacrificing themselves...

Here we are at the final boss:

..and here we are after

Honestly it's not too terrible, depending on distance and etc, I was getting between 12k and 18k crits per shot; if I used my Drang with Disruption Break on it, I could hit 22k per crit shot I think. The hard part was hitting those crit shots...

It's not a major major boss DPS thing, but it's pretty fun nonetheless, if you're into that kind of a thing
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 11:39:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:20:13 AM EDT
[#3]
The funny thing is, when you spend some time with Eriana's Vow, all the sudden the 110 hand cannons feel downright fast, and the 150s feel like cheating
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#5]
You're not wrong; it's kind of fun and it's a challenge to use if you are into that kind of a thing...but yeah, it's a tit on a bull. A curiosity that doesn't really need to exist. Monte Carlo is actually sort of useful but it sucks up an exotic slot too.

Maybe they're after the handgun hunting market with it?

I'm only at %70 for getting the catalyst...I couldn't bring myself to run Gambit, so every time I ran through Vex Offensive, and every time I get to the end of a strike, I throw it on..

I don't expect the catalyst to drastically alter how the weapon gets used, but it's another "collect the set" thing.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:07:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So, the new expansion was on sale. I bought it. Heaven hell us all.
View Quote
Good.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't expect the catalyst to drastically alter how the weapon gets used, but it's another "collect the set" thing.
View Quote
Drastic change? Not really.

It is useful though.

I sorta developed a groove with it on my hunter during one of the past solar burn weeks.
Empty the vow, dodge, empty again, switch to heavy, empty that, then switch back to the autoloaded vow.
Did some pretty healthy damage to bosses and nightmares when I did those. Nothing you couldn't do with a different loadout, but nothing to sneeze at either.

I want to try it in a few other situations, but have been focusing on other triumphs at the moment.

And I hear ya on "collecting the set"
I have 3 catalysts left to acquire.
Mida, Skyburners, and Telesto. I sorta want to get those, but i'm not sure I want to bang my head against the wall that much.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Monte Carlo is different.  Monte Carlo is a cool weapon with a cool perk that unfortunately happens to be an auto rifle.

Monte Carlo has always been cool, it's a proper exotic that has some synergy with some cool melee based builds.
View Quote
Yep.

How cool would it be if the Monte Carlo was a hand cannon or a pulse rifle.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Drastic change? Not really.

It is useful though.

I sorta developed a groove with it on my hunter during one of the past solar burn weeks.
Empty the vow, dodge, empty again, switch to heavy, empty that, then switch back to the autoloaded vow.
Did some pretty healthy damage to bosses and nightmares when I did those. Nothing you couldn't do with a different loadout, but nothing to sneeze at either.

I want to try it in a few other situations, but have been focusing on other triumphs at the moment.

And I hear ya on "collecting the set"
I have 3 catalysts left to acquire.
Mida, Skyburners, and Telesto. I sorta want to get those, but i'm not sure I want to bang my head against the wall that much.
View Quote
I'm mostly a titan main but I've been warming up to my hunter...shit's fun Though getting the Leviathan's Breath with it was an exercise in pain...didn't have any problems running through the strike with my titan or warlock but the hunter...maybe it was the other guys I was with, but man it was painful. 3 wipes on the last try before we finally got it done. But, I got it done. (Yes, I know I didn't have to run it on all 3...but since all 3 had the quest...)

But, that is actually a really neat idea with Erianas and a hunter...I'll have to play with that!

I still need to do a Leviathan run to get Acrius, so I hear you on the bang my head thing. I still need to get Skyburners, Telesto, Mida (that'll never happen ) and Sleeper catalysts.

FYI, if you have the Sweet Business catalyst...it's stupid, stupid easy to get that thing done on the new public event at Sorrow's Harbor on the moon. There's easily enough adds to get it done in under a half hour there. I completed mine before we got to the final tier, I think.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 10:25:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Undying title earned.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 11:20:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Undying title earned.
View Quote
Well done. I’ve just run out of steam this season and find myself wondering what I’d do if I logged in. Outside of the raid, I find this season to be a bust. There’s nothing I really want to chase loot wise and no activity outside of raids that I really enjoy doing. I hope future seasons excite me a little more.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I just downloaded this.  Have a lot of catching up to do, I see.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:48:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I finished the Xenophage questline today including the Pit of Heresy part solo... That sucked. I died like 100 times. And the gun sucks.

BUT looking forward to doing the whole dungeon.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I finished the Xenophage questline today including the Pit of Heresy part solo... That sucked. I died like 100 times. And the gun sucks.

View Quote
Bungie said it's supposed to be getting a 50% (IIRC) damage buff next season. Don't know if it needs more than that still haven't gotten around to finishing that quest.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 4:16:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Bungie said it's supposed to be getting a 50% (IIRC) damage buff next season. Don't know if it needs more than that still haven't gotten around to finishing that quest.
View Quote
It has pretty good damage now, just sloooooow firing and very ammo-limited.  Treat it like a super scout rifle.

Would be better if they boosted the ammo reserves for it instead of damage, IMO.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ugh, me and crazymike two-manned the xenophage part and that sucked enough...I couldn't imagine doing it solo, that'd just be painful

I like xenophage, it's a fun gun, but it needs an ammo buff as well as a damage buff IMO. Then again I don't care if it's balanced or not

The rest of the dungeon isn't bad at all; I think Shattered Throne is cooler tbh, but this one isn't bad at all. Just make sure the guys you are with are all on the same page. You don't want to experience running it with someone who's got no interest in following anyone's plans and/or can't remember what they've done. And who won't get on discord, at that. So all the conversations were painful and slow via text.

"Hey, which door did you open at the ogres?"
"Uh, two, I think"
"Ok, which two"
"Dunno"

Is not a conversation you want to have..it turned out he opened all 3, AND the xenophage door...took another 20 minutes of running around, killing knights, getting orbs, avoiding ogres, and trying to figure out which door was blocked still even when they all looked open to figure out that they were all in fact open...because he couldn't bother to count or keep track of which door was where.

You don't even want to get into how he cost us two damage cycles at the end boss
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The rest of the dungeon isn't bad at all; I think Shattered Throne is cooler tbh, but this one isn't bad at all. Just make sure the guys you are with are all on the same page. You don't want to experience running it with someone who's got no interest in following anyone's plans and/or can't remember what they've done. And who won't get on discord, at that. So all the conversations were painful and slow via text.

"Hey, which door did you open at the ogres?"
"Uh, two, I think"
"Ok, which two"
"Dunno"

Is not a conversation you want to have..it turned out he opened all 3, AND the xenophage door...took another 20 minutes of running around, killing knights, getting orbs, avoiding ogres, and trying to figure out which door was blocked still even when they all looked open to figure out that they were all in fact open...because he couldn't bother to count or keep track of which door was where.

You don't even want to get into how he cost us two damage cycles at the end boss
View Quote
Us: "Hey bud, we got a raid banner here might wanna ammo up."

Captain Chaos: Flies off in all his crayola glory in his super like a retarded phoenix (mid tree sunbreaker) to start the final boss fight with a Breakneck, 3 rounds of special in the Jotun and a half a mag in the 21% in a way that would make Leroy Jenkins himself step back and screech "THAT GUYS GOT BALLS!"  Great guy, but he's either baked out of his mind or trolling.

Xenophage was bad at first because we said "fuck it" and went in by the seat of our pants. Once we figured it out, it was as "procedural" as everything else... but yeah, the gun flat out sucks. I'm looking forward to the buff.

The dungeon is cool, the hardest part is the step after the ogres. The boss isn't too bad and the 3 miniboses you have to beat to get to the damage phase aren't bad as long as you can keep the adds cleared and you don't have a third guy in there depositing orbs at random while you're room clearing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#22]
lol yeah...if I'm not the guy who's the most disconnected and clueless guy of the bunch, you've got some SERIOUS problems

I figure if I'm the worst of the group, you've got a fighting chance...so it's a little disconcerting when I'm not the worst
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 10:10:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We got Divinity done night before last.  It's a neat weapon and how it works, and how it currently stacks with another debuff like oppressive darkness.

You can really torch some bosses with a Divinity and everyone else going hard with Izanagi's Burden or spike grenade launchers.
View Quote
Nice
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We got Divinity done night before last.  It's a neat weapon and how it works, and how it currently stacks with another debuff like oppressive darkness.

You can really torch some bosses with a Divinity and everyone else going hard with Izanagi's Burden or spike grenade launchers.
View Quote
Isn't it only useful for certain bosses though? I thought I read somewhere that if a boss has a higher crit multiplier than what divinity offers then divinity will override the crit spot and lower overall dps. IDK, I still need to get it but I've noticed it definitely helps some in the 980 nightfall to melt champions if the team coordinates.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I won't get my hopes up from a content standpoint but bringing Osiris and St. 14 back into the mix from a story standpoint is cool. I also like the Vex aesthetic for sleek weapons/armor.

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/SeasonOfDawn

Destiny 2: Shadowkeep – Season of Dawn Trailer
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#28]
If there's an updated Perfect Paradox in the mix...

Maybe one with 1-2 or Trenchbarrel and Grave Robber...I would be sooooo on board. That shotgun was easily my favorite PvE gun for a long time when I first got the game.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#29]
And wow I just did my first Momentum Control match, and now I see why everyone was spamming it for their weapon kills (Randy's Throwing Knife, etc)...I might be able to finish the kills portion of that soon and then it's just grinding comp I guess...
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I only had 70 or so kills left to get as it was...yeah, your way was probably the best way; I put on my trusty OEM and...yeah. It worked when I didn't instantly die from a headshot, so I had that going for me

I did the same, Jade Rabbit, with an under pressure/quickdraw Erentil. I didn't care about range with that one, it was purely ape/rushing defense, and for that it worked pretty well. Honestly a shotgun with quickdraw would probably be better in that role.

I had the rest of my kills done in 6 or 7 matches. It helped that the last two matches I had were on super scout friendly maps (Citadel in Dreaming City, and the one on Mars with the long sightline from just off of C to the right if you're looking at A from there, straight to A, the one up on top of a building or whatever) and I managed to get most of my kills on those two.

I ran into a few guys doing the Revoker stuff too, so I guess it's kind of a catch-all for crucible weapon things, which works out. I'm gonna work on the Suros Regime catalyst there at some point...if you have a Jade Rabbit or other crucible-based catalyst, may as well grind it out there.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't know if anyone cares or not anymore about Menagerie, but the boss this week, the one behind the shield that you need to draw out via the plates? Eriana's Vow and I think anything with anti-barrier rounds on it, will pierce the shield it hides behind. I was doing a bit over 14k per crit with First Glance procced. Not a lot, but you can do constant damage to it so long as you have ammo...last round I was able to kill it when it was behind the shield, even.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 3:31:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Some small but nice improvements per the TWAB yesterday that will be coming with Dawn

-Anarchy drop rate increased to 10%
-Exotic/Fated engrams combined and will now give you a piece of armor if you have all weapons which will allow you to chase armor rolls
-EP keys being removed and you will get a piece of armor on every 7th wave completion
-Weapon mod cost not 500 glimmer (previously 5000)
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Anybody playing the new season?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Yeah....I'm underwhelmed. A lot.

Last season's armor can't take any of this season's mods...so it's sort of useless. (Well, to a point)

Still can only slot certain artifact weapon mods in certain weapons, so you're still forced into bow/autorifle/handcannon/etc for certain things.

The new seasonal arena thing is pretty decent I think, and it gives you a choice of which end weapon, so that's nice.

There's a new linear fusion. Why?

There's a new single shot grenade launcher which...only works when you aim it at the ground (direct hits, the round will literally bounce off). It also really doesn't have any great perks except for maybe Demolitionist, imo.

New sidearm..because that's what the game needed, a new sidearm.

A new autorifle...which isn't great but isn't terrible either, I guess.

The exotic scout rifle has it's plusses and minuses; it has projectile tracking, so you can just aim it in a general direction and shoot and it'll mostly hit the target, but it does shit damage in that mode.

Honestly...I'm debating even starting it up today, or next week, or even later I think they pretty much killed it for me last season, as in made me not really want to play it anymore. I had no problems finding the time and wanting to play all of last year, up until this last season. Last season I found myself struggling to care enough to get involved with it, and now I'm finding that the struggle is useless...it's just sort of meh at this point for me.

Maybe there's some things coming later on this season that'll reverse that for me? I dunno? But otherwise...it's one big fat meh.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#40]
I log in and find myself asking "why?". As Quintin mentioned none of the core activities interest me at the moment. Strikes have been terrible in all of D2. No strike specific loot to grind for. No bonus faction rep. I did something like 4000 strikes in D1 and it was my single biggest time sink. I could hop on and just chug for a few hours getting exotics via 3 of coins, legendaries, and spend skeleton keys on specific loot. Crucible is a nope at the moment and I don't think I've set foot in Gambit since week 1 of Season of Undying when I was squeezing all the powerful drops for a day 1 raid.I don't have a single ritual weapon from last season and this one's seem to be underwhelming too. Sundial is fun but it's just the latest Menagerie/Vex Offensive flavor.

Overall I've just kind of run out of steam because the loot isn't there (I'm most excited for an Old Fashioned with Feeding Frenzy/Kill Clip) and the various activities are stale or infuriating. This isn't surprising though because I have basically played only Destiny since 2015. It's probably good for me to take a little break.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#41]
On the upside, the Vuvuzela sidearm is easy to get...get 3 guys together, all run Rat King, and you can probably knock it out in 10-12 strikes. Maybe 15. I just got it, and I don't think I ran more than 15 total, and that was without the other guys using a sidearm..
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Okay, that's cool and all, but at the end of the day it suffers from the same problems sidearms have suffered since they were introduced.

It's a sidearm. Why would I want to hen peck enemies to death with a stupid sidearm when there's plenty of other, more better weapons for the job?

Weapons are just uninteresting.
View Quote
Oh, I %100 agree. For me the bright spots have been Eriana's Vow and Xenophage. Eriana's is actually kind of fun with the catalyst filled out, but otherwise it's just meh at best, though it does train you to that 110's aren't all that bad Xenophage is admittedly kind of fun now that it's been buffed a bit but it's still not quite enough, IMO.

But, yeah, there's really not been anything useful. That rocket launcher thing is...what? why?....frankly none of the new ones from last season seem worth it (so I didn't bother), the ones from this season seem even less worth it (though the sidearm was admittedly low hanging fruit that doesn't involve crucible or gambit so why not)...

None of the Vex Invasion weapons are worth anything though they are decent updates of the CoO guns. The Moon weapons, again...not much there worth it. The pulse rifle is ok at best in some cases, and mostly just too slow for anything else.

Honestly I'm more hoping for a decent Uriel's Gift, Perfect Paradox or Old Fashioned roll than anything else...so far the rolls of those that I've gotten have been shit, but maybe that'll improve as the season wears on
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It took you that many strikes?
View Quote
Getting the points was the longest part
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So is Taken Butter low in Trans-fats? Asking for a friend.
View Quote
It spreads well..
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 11:04:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I log in and find myself asking "why?". As Quintin mentioned none of the core activities interest me at the moment. Strikes have been terrible in all of D2. No strike specific loot to grind for. No bonus faction rep. I did something like 4000 strikes in D1 and it was my single biggest time sink. I could hop on and just chug for a few hours getting exotics via 3 of coins, legendaries, and spend skeleton keys on specific loot. Crucible is a nope at the moment and I don't think I've set foot in Gambit since week 1 of Season of Undying when I was squeezing all the powerful drops for a day 1 raid.I don't have a single ritual weapon from last season and this one's seem to be underwhelming too. Sundial is fun but it's just the latest Menagerie/Vex Offensive flavor.

Overall I've just kind of run out of steam because the loot isn't there (I'm most excited for an Old Fashioned with Feeding Frenzy/Kill Clip) and the various activities are stale or infuriating. This isn't surprising though because I have basically played only Destiny since 2015. It's probably good for me to take a little break.
View Quote
I hear ya. I have logged on and just didnt feel excited about doing anything.

Doesn’t help that I severely cut my left thumb at work and have been unable to play any xb game for the last 4 weeks and counting. Ughhh
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It spreads well..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So is Taken Butter low in Trans-fats? Asking for a friend.
It spreads well..
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I hear ya. I have logged on and just didnt feel excited about doing anything.

Doesn’t help that I severely cut my left thumb at work and have been unable to play any xb game for the last 4 weeks and counting. Ughhh
View Quote
I'd like to play more often than I have these past few weeks, but between the remodel going on at my house, and preparing for player 3 to enter the game... Time is short.
Page / 105
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top