[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What's your Uplay?
View Quote

blitz1942
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:43:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Is there any way to delete your character and start over? I can't find any way to change my face.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:45:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Nvm, figured it out 

Liking it so far. Kinda like a spec ops far cry.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 3:48:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking forward to this for a while.  I never got a code though, if someone could hook me up on the ps4 that would be awesome.  My ubisoft ID is aircaptain9
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:07:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Only played for a short time tonight. I'm probably going to try and solo as much as possible on Saturday when I get home from work. I'm so burnt out working 2nd shift.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone have an Xbox code?  Ubisoft handle is bswilson1.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Got on last night and piddled around for a while with a buddy.

Enjoying what I'm seeing so far. Just trying to get used to it basically.

Has anyone found the M14 yet?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#8]
What's the procedure to get a beta key?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

As of right now...ask someone who has an extra. Other then that...no go!
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As of right now...ask someone who has an extra. Other then that...no go!
View Quote

Yup.  I signed up to get a key, but wasn't lucky enough to get one.  Now I just need to beg
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Got on last night and piddled around for a while with a buddy.

Enjoying what I'm seeing so far. Just trying to get used to it basically.

Has anyone found the M14 yet?
View Quote

Can't get it yet.

Most of the cool guns and accessories are locked in zones we don't have access to in the beta.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#12]
If anyone has a PS4 beta key they can spare, really appreciate it. Kinda think it's trashy how they handle the codes as I am a huge Clancy fan and had Wildlands Gold Edition on preorder for 8 months now but still didn't get any code. Sucks
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I prayed to Jesus for a key. Got one the next day.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I can do 2 invites for Xbox One.  Need your Ubisoft name and then you have to accept my friend request.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yup.  I signed up to get a key, but wasn't lucky enough to get one.  Now I just need to beg
View Quote

I sent you a friend request
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:30:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I sent you a friend request
View Quote

I just accepted it
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:02:06 AM EDT
[#17]
My first impressions are this.

The game feels like a GTA type style of gameplay.

I love the character and weapon customization. It truly is immersive for the most part.

Your control over your teams AI isn't bad. The enemy will spot them if they're out (For the most part), I'm still trying to figure out the sync shot. I'm always fucking that up, but I'm not used to that type of game play style. I don't mind it though it's just going to take some time getting used too.

Head shots are instant death, and you can die really fast as well, unless you unlock the later on customize bullet damage reduction ability.

I don't like how there's not a dive. The cover system doesn't work bad, but it REALLY needs a dive function.

Other then that it's a pretty fun game. I like how they have Crye precision gear in the game. Wonder if they had to pay big money to use them.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Your control over your teams AI isn't bad. The enemy will spot them if they're out (For the most part), I'm still trying to figure out the sync shot. I'm always fucking that up, but I'm not used to that type of game play style. I don't mind it though it's just going to take some time getting used too.

I don't like how there's not a dive. The cover system doesn't work bad, but it REALLY needs a dive function.
View Quote

I can't figure out if there are any more commands for the AI teammates besides shoot/don't shoot when everybody is in a vehicle.

Sync shot - Mark the target (you start with the ability to only mark one), wait until the teammate is ready, and then you take a shot at another target. When you shoot, the AI teammate shoots and kills his target.

I find the cover system very clunky and non-intuitive. As far as I can tell, you can only enter cover when you are crouched. You can also be in cover but be past a corner and the enemy can see/hit you.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I tried to make my guy look like one of the Mantis PMCs from Metal Gear Solid 4

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#20]
I can't get a hang of the cover system at all. I miss The Division's snap-to-cover system.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I can't figure out if there are any more commands for the AI teammates besides shoot/don't shoot when everybody is in a vehicle.

Sync shot - Mark the target (you start with the ability to only mark one), wait until the teammate is ready, and then you take a shot at another target. When you shoot, the AI teammate shoots and kills his target.

I find the cover system very clunky and non-intuitive. As far as I can tell, you can only enter cover when you are crouched. You can also be in cover but be past a corner and the enemy can see/hit you.
View Quote

I'm not having a hard time with the cover system mechanic. I can get my team to pretty much do the same thing. It's not as good as the division I'll admit that, but it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Divisions cover system IMO is the best in any game I've played, but it's kind of useless in that game, and only really effective against the AI. In PvP the cover system is useless and will get you killed real quick.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also on sync shot when you sync the target you can hold X (on ps4) and AI will take the shot. It shows up as 'engage' right under 'sync shot'. That works while you are operating the drone. You can use the regular engage command if youre no longer using the drone and they will shoot the synced target.I

I think they need a dive like division and divisions snap to cover would be nice but i can deal with how they have it. Also you need to be able to spin up the minigun before you shoot like every other video game..
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:19:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I think flying the helicopter in this game is the worst experience ever of flying helicopters in games.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think flying the helicopter in this game is the worst experience ever of flying helicopters in games.
View Quote

This right here. This has to be fixed given how many heli's there are throughout.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I think the helicopter control is fairly straight forward and easy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't drive any more (unless I'm driving to the nearest helicopter) - I fly everywhere.
View Quote

Same. To hell with driving.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nah it needs to be improved. Need pitch control on right stick like BF4. Little bird gun unusable as is
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Armor? Aint no body got time for dat.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Nah it needs to be improved. Need pitch control on right stick like BF4. Little bird gun unusable as is
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, there needs to be separate inputs for pitch roll AND yaw.

Not this yaw tied in with roll.

I wanted to try and fly a plane. Only one we could find was the one you had to steal and my buddy flew it while I was the passenger. It looked terrible to try and fly from what I could tell.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I was flying mouse and keyboard...so keyboard only. Planes were easy. S for pitch up, W for down. No rudder, or at least discrete rudder. You have to roll it and pull back on the stick to turn. Made landing a bitch. Heli control was much better with the 360 controller. Keyboard heli control makes it wobble back and forth constantly for me. Game wouldn't recognize my Hotas.x joystick, nor my microphone. PTT button tested fine, but no one could ever hear me. Typing chat messages in a vehicle is impossible, as the keys remain hot. Type the letter M as in "move" and the map opens, etc. Enter does nothing while in vehicle with chat box open, so you end up with wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsssaaeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddwwwwwwwwwwww that is miles long.

If it doesnt end up screwy and unbalanced like the division reportedly is, I'd buy it once it comes out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know you're doing it wrong when you've made minigun equipped helicopters un-fun
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I didnt get to spend alot of time playing but I am concerned it will just be a spec op farcry. I like assassins creed and far cry but i feel like that formula shouldn't work for a ghost recon game. As it stands I will probably get it but i'd wait for a sale
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm thinking of buying this game before it comes out...How good is it? 
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 2:24:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ever play any of the Ghost Recon games or The Division? The easiest way to describe it is as a hybrid of the two.

Another game it reminds me of is Red Dead Redemption: open world with a bunch of story and side missions thrown in that seem a tad repetitive.

I like the game and will be getting it, but I don't think it's groundbreaking or anything special.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ever play any of the Ghost Recon games or The Division? The easiest way to describe it is as a hybrid of the two.

Another game it reminds me of is Red Dead Redemption: open world with a bunch of story and side missions thrown in that seem a tad repetitive.

I like the game and will be getting it, but I don't think it's groundbreaking or anything special.
View Quote

I think the formula is Ghost Recon + The Division - Diablo III. I liked The Division, and the equipment customization, but it was a little hard to swallow the 'fantasy like' stat bonuses that various sights and magazine options gave you. (+2 ACOG of slaying)
Same for the amount of lead you had to fill some of the bosses with, literally like killing a dragon in a FRPG but with beltfeds and sniper rifles instead.

Ghost Recon Wild Lands is actually grounded in reality. Enemies go down with a single head shot. Various weapon customization is largely cosmetic, but with nominal damage or range type boosts.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I think the formula is Ghost Recon + The Division - Diablo III. I liked The Division, and the equipment customization, but it was a little hard to swallow the 'fantasy like' stat bonuses that various sights and magazine options gave you. (+2 ACOG of slaying)
Same for the amount of lead you had to fill some of the bosses with, literally like killing a dragon in a FRPG but with beltfeds and sniper rifles instead.

Ghost Recon Wild Lands is actually grounded in reality. Enemies go down with a single head shot. Various weapon customization is largely cosmetic, but with nominal damage or range type boosts.
View Quote

It more reminds me of a Ghost Recon/Grand Theft Auto feel to me. Just without the cover system. They really need to add in a dive or roll in this game. The story is going to be massive but I really hope they do a good job with the pvp, that's what will keep up the longevity of this game, after everyone's done with the story/co-op.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It more reminds me of a Ghost Recon/Grand Theft Auto feel to me. Just without the cover system. They really need to add in a dive or roll in this game. The story is going to be massive but I really hope they do a good job with the pvp, that's what will keep up the longevity of this game, after everyone's done with the story/co-op.
View Quote

Everything I've seen so far states NO pvp.  Did something change?
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Everything I've seen so far states NO pvp.  Did something change?
View Quote

I googled earlier and I believe some sites said there will be. If not this game will not last. I won't buy it just for the story alone. If I knew the DZ was going to be as jacked up as it is in the division I would've never have bought that. The single player is too repetitive and monotonous.

There will be pvp
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd wait till it releases and some reviews hit before buying. It has the potential to be a good game but the beta showed the game has some optimization issues...
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Anybody playing the GRW HQ guerilla game?

Good time waster.. supplies you accrue are usable in the actual game, so I'm hitting it hard.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Good time waster.. supplies you accrue are usable in the actual game, so I'm hitting it hard.
View Quote

Good to know, I'll download it today.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wait what?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Wait what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait what?

Mobile game, I don't know how the full game works, but you collect fuel, medical supplies, comm supplies, and something else that is apparently necessary in the full game.  It's actually a pretty extensive game for a cell phone, large area, not very deep, but it takes some time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Mobile game, I don't know how the full game works, but you collect fuel, medical supplies, comm supplies, and something else that is apparently necessary in the full game.  It's actually a pretty extensive game for a cell phone, large area, not very deep, but it takes some time.
View Quote

Can you get it on Google play?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's how I got it, Ghost Recon Wildlands HQ is what it's called.  GRWHQ
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah that's how I got it, Ghost Recon Wildlands HQ is what it's called.  GRWHQ
View Quote

Yup, just found it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Open beta. 2-23 to 2-27.  Can preload on 2-21.  Also going to have another area open for play.  Anybody want to get down on Xbox One?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Open beta. 2-23 to 2-27.  Can preload on 2-21.  Also going to have another area open for play.  Anybody want to get down on Xbox One?
View Quote
I will be game as long as I am free.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Woops nevermind. That's not the video. It just came out. As soon as I find it I'll put it out there.

Here's something to keep ya'll busy though

Ghost Recon Wildlands - The Red Dot Live Action Trailer (Official)
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top