BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ummm...no. Most new big title games are available as code or physical copy. I just checked amazon every game I checked was available as physical copy and had the discount. Last few PC games I purchased (The Division, South Park, Doom, etc. all are physical copies. I dont do downloads unless its a steam super blowout sale.
View Quote
I guess the only PC games I've ever wanted to preorder have only been digital copies. Last one was Dark Souls 3
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I guess the only PC games I've ever wanted to preorder have only been digital copies. Last one was Dark Souls 3
View Quote
Downloads seem to be the goto method, but physical copies still exist. Even Dark Souls 3 had a DVD when it first came out (pretty hard to find now for reasonable price). I just can't bring myself to trust downloads. I like to have something tangible in my hands. You can also sell or trade in a physical copy if need be. Pretty hard to do with digital. Oh well...guess I am just getting old.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 4:44:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I looked but didn't see. Do we have an AR15.com Task Force on ghostreconnetwork.com by chance?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Downloads seem to be the goto method, but physical copies still exist. Even Dark Souls 3 had a DVD when it first came out (pretty hard to find now for reasonable price). I just can't bring myself to trust downloads. I like to have something tangible in my hands. You can also sell or trade in a physical copy if need be. Pretty hard to do with digital. Oh well...guess I am just getting old.
View Quote
Can you find me a link to the physical copy of GR Wildlands for PC?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Figured out an easy way to beat the El Cardinal mission.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Can you buy me a gold membership?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ok...if it must be a DVD version...https://www.amazon.de/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Wildlands/dp/B00ZR8DY0S

or here https://www.exlibris.ch/de/games/pc/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-wildlands-dvd-pc-d/id/3307215969847

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#10]
It wasn't released on physical disk in the US.  That's why I was asking. 
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It wasn't released on physical disk in the US.  That's why I was asking. 
View Quote
I know, but I had to find a physical copy just to be a
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 12:43:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

noob

You should spend your time doing more important things - like motorcycle jumps and shooting llamas.
View Quote
YES!!! Shooting llamas...I'M IN!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 1:49:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 3:49:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You could join us if you were ever online.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

noob

You should spend your time doing more important things - like motorcycle jumps and shooting llamas.
YES!!! Shooting llamas...I'M IN!!!
You could join us if you were ever online.
This going back to 10-6 killed that. I am off the weekend so we'll see if we can catch up...
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We will be gone all weekend. Spring break has started.
View Quote

Well...i'm sure we'll catch up sometime...
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
I hate you.

It took me all day last Saturday to beat that mission.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I hate you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
I hate you.

I got frustrated after 45 minutes or so and remembered someone here said there's always some easier way.

Anyways, I beat it now.  So hopefully there will be some new DLC at some point.  Or multiplayer.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#20]
What's everyones longest shot?  I've managed a 755m on cartel guy in a moving truck. An estimated 870m helicopter kill too. With the MSR

Even with draw distanced maxed and the guy marked, it seems they phase out around ~600m. Vehicles ~1Km or so.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How can you see them at that distance? I'm guessing at mine based on the distance to the target npc, and he was half the size between hash marks on the sight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's everyones longest shot?  I've managed a 755m on cartel guy in a moving truck. An estimated 870m helicopter kill too. With the MSR

Even with draw distanced maxed and the guy marked, it seems they phase out around ~600m. Vehicles ~1Km or so.
How can you see them at that distance? I'm guessing at mine based on the distance to the target npc, and he was half the size between hash marks on the sight.
ETA: For the really long range shots, the screen is out of focus, but with enough practice, you can usually see the tracer still. Moving Helo at 870m was tricky. The plane? Not easy either.

I apologize for the large images, cant get the spoiler tag to work.

The draw distances are not uniform in the game. You can spot civilians further out. In the first pic, if I hadn't killed him with plunging fire through the roof(791m), he would have hopped out and huddled next to the car. You are correct in saying that people that far are very small. The guy would fit inside one of the circles. Hard to see, unless there is great contrast, hence dirt road next to the salt flats, excellent lighting. I've shot further there, closer to the build(850m), and made a kill. But civilians don't count.

I believe you said you finished the campaign, so the last rescue mission, changes things. Right?  That's how it gets counted. I use the MSR(With the 5x, don't like the reticule of the 6x)  instead of HTI. The MSR(IMHO) has a better firing arc. The HTI shoots flat, but dives at the end, harder to range shots. The MSR reload is fast enough, that I can add another 50-75m, adjust, and fire again.

I spent about 4 hours on Sunday practicing this though. I can usually scope and kill at about 400m first shot. If we're ever on at the same time, I'll show ya. Clazman55 ingame.

Long Range Sniping Tips(Not Me)
SNIPER SECRETS | Ghost Recon: Wildlands Long Range Sniping Tips!
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#24]
My longest shot is 590ish I think.  You can look up your longest shot in your inventory screen under "stats".
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#25]
My longest is 777 meters on my XB1.

I beat that and maxed everything out and ended up getting it for PC since no one plays it anymore on Xbox. Bought it for PC and starting over. My goal is to not do missions solo, but rather do them in co-op. Add me on steam " VenatorLuporum " . I play nearly every evening. I hate how I set my my matchmaking preferences to language and mic but like yesterday I only got people with no mics and if they did have mics, they only spoke spanish.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I haven't finished the game yet.  I've only gotten 1 underboss so far, but I will have to look at the 5x scope.
View Quote
I use the G28.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I found El Cardinal fairly easy on extreme although it took me a couple of tries. Unlimited battery drone helped mark the targets and then I just patiently took them out 3-4 at a time.

I did get my Long Shot award by taking out the sniper atop the church from the respawn point with a ~450M shot from the MSR. At that range, he doesn't even flag as a target under the binoculars @ full magnification.

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
I hate you.

I got frustrated after 45 minutes or so and remembered someone here said there's always some easier way.

Anyways, I beat it now.  So hopefully there will be some new DLC at some point.  Or multiplayer.
I found El Cardinal fairly easy on extreme although it took me a couple of tries. Unlimited battery drone helped mark the targets and then I just patiently took them out 3-4 at a time.

I did get my Long Shot award by taking out the sniper atop the church from the respawn point with a ~450M shot from the MSR. At that range, he doesn't even flag as a target under the binoculars @ full magnification.

Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#28]
My longest is 588... I got unlocked "long shot" on a 520ish cold bore headshot(just a randomly marked tango with a drone and then took a shot).  That was probably one of the most "whoa" moments I have had.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My longest is 777 meters on my XB1.

I beat that and maxed everything out and ended up getting it for PC since no one plays it anymore on Xbox. Bought it for PC and starting over. My goal is to not do missions solo, but rather do them in co-op. Add me on steam " VenatorLuporum " . I play nearly every evening. I hate how I set my my matchmaking preferences to language and mic but like yesterday I only got people with no mics and if they did have mics, they only spoke spanish.
View Quote
@iNeverMiss25

Added. CaiusCosades
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn looks like you guys are having some serious fun with this.
I just finished my new gaming rig last week. I mostly made it for iRacing but damn if I didnt go a little over board. 

Game just finished downloading last night. Let the fun begin.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#31]
This game sucks.  Sorry I wasted the money on it.  Very redundant.  The worst are stealth missions where even if I kill a guy when before he completely detects me and can even do anything, I get a failed missions.  Fucker is in a building all alone, who did he alert?

Flying helicopters is horrible, its basically hopping in and hoping for the best.  Needs more fast travel points to get around the big, boring, map since you can't depend on flying.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This game sucks.  Sorry I wasted the money on it.  Very redundant.  The worst are stealth missions where even if I kill a guy when before he completely detects me and can even do anything, I get a failed missions.  Fucker is in a building all alone, who did he alert?

Flying helicopters is horrible, its basically hopping in and hoping for the best.  Needs more fast travel points to get around the big, boring, map since you can't depend on flying.
View Quote
Helo's took a little bit of learning but now it's pretty easy.  Think of them having two modes of flight, hover mode and forward flight mode.  Learning the transition from one to the other is the key to flying on this game.

Use SHIFT to climb then W to begin forward flight while still holding SHIFT. You'll notice your helo level off for a moment before starting a dive (transitioning between hover to flight mode).  It's at this point you release the W key while still holding the SHIFT and you will be in forward flight mode.  You are now in forward flight mode and you use the W A S D keys to control your pitch and roll.  To revert back to Hover mode then just release SHIFT.  The Space bar works as well in place of shift.

Helos still will not strafe and missiles take some practice to get good with.  Also flying NOE helps to keep you from getting SAMs up your tail rotor.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

@iNeverMiss25

Added. CaiusCosades
View Quote
Got it!
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Helo's took a little bit of learning but now it's pretty easy.  Think of them having two modes of flight, hover mode and forward flight mode.  Learning the transition from one to the other is the key to flying on this game.

Use SHIFT to climb then W to begin forward flight while still holding SHIFT. You'll notice your helo level off for a moment before starting a dive (transitioning between hover to flight mode).  It's at this point you release the W key while still holding the SHIFT and you will be in forward flight mode.  You are now in forward flight mode and you use the W A S D keys to control your pitch and roll.  To revert back to Hover mode then just release SHIFT.  The Space bar works as well in place of shift.

Helos still will not strafe and missiles take some practice to get good with.  Also flying NOE helps to keep you from getting SAMs up your tail rotor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the tip. I know I was having problems flying the helicopter in the beta.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:42:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
I hate you.

Click To View Spoiler
That's the way I found to be most effective. 
If he makes it to the truck, he's an absolute pain to capture and extract. 

One of the AI squadmates spotted an enemy Lt in the area, so I took him out. 

Oopsie  

Had to restart the mission. 
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Just got game on xb1. Have mic so add me if you want to play.

GT BiGxDaddy 0223
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone think it would be worth getting the season pass or the Gold Edition? I've been waiting to buy until summer so I have some spare time to play it and hopefully can get a deal on steam.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#38]
I am really starting to enjoy the game..the AI on it is kind of neat...baiting the rebels to deal with Unidad.

With me being an old aviator, I like stealing the planes and the helo's..I fuck up most side missions, tho.

The sniping is getting better..I had a SHIT TON of skills I didn't upgrade..now I did..cool game. The m203 is the bomb against vehicles pulling up on you.

"Ok, good shooting."

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Anyone think it would be worth getting the season pass or the Gold Edition? I've been waiting to buy until summer so I have some spare time to play it and hopefully can get a deal on steam.
View Quote
I think the gold edition only gives you the new content sooner. Not sure if it holds anything out. There's soon to be multiplayer I'm looking forward too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I think the gold edition only gives you the new content sooner. Not sure if it holds anything out. There's soon to be multiplayer I'm looking forward too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gold Edition has the game+season pass (all future DLC)+a few extras. It's the about same price as the game+season pass separately, so if people think the DLC will be worth getting I'll just get the Gold Edition. Otherwise I'd just get the standard game and wait for the DLC.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
What I did was get the deluxe edition (no season pass) and I will get the season pass when the game and DLC goes on sale on Steam. Base game is fun as shit, but the first DLC pack has been a giant steaming turd by all accounts. Hopefully followups will be better, as Ubi has acknowledged the overwhelmingly negative response to Narco Road. It's sounding like the Division's season pass; worth the money, IF you buy it 50% off on a Steam sale. Otherwise you're getting ripped off for the content you're getting.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#42]
I've found the HT1 rifle to be excellent at knocking out vehicles and helos usually in one shot.  Two shots on armored stuff.  It's also great for taking out jammers and generators at long range.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm trying to enjoy this one, but not sure if Wildlands will stick with me.  I'll try out the multiplayer feature soon and hopefully that will change my mind.

Perhaps it's been said earlier but...
Wildlands is simplistic re-skin of FarCry4.  Same. Exact. Gameplay.  It's an open map with unlockable regions, endless side missions and treasure chest placements, pop up chase missions, non-destructive environment...  I hate the over the shoulder viewpoint - and it only seems to compound the clunky and slow character movement.

Looking back in the thread now for ARFCOM team on PS4.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone  had issues with bugged achievements? 

I have all the bonus medals, but didn't get the achievement to pop. 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm trying to enjoy this one, but not sure if Wildlands will stick with me.  I'll try out the multiplayer feature soon and hopefully that will change my mind.

Perhaps it's been said earlier but...
Wildlands is simplistic re-skin of FarCry4.  Same. Exact. Gameplay.  It's an open map with unlockable regions, endless side missions and treasure chest placements, pop up chase missions, non-destructive environment...  I hate the over the shoulder viewpoint - and it only seems to compound the clunky and slow character movement.

Looking back in the thread now for ARFCOM team on PS4.
View Quote
Clunky and slow might just be a factor of playing a game like this with a controller. It's one thing when fighting bullet sponges a la Gears of War or The Division, which makes gameplay MUCH more forgiving of thumbstick play. It's another when you've got semi-realistic bullet damage and a shot or two will put things down. Playing Wildlands with a mouse and keyboard on the PC, fights are very quick, nimble, chaotic, and usually over fast. I don't get a clunky feeling at all.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Clunky and slow might just be a factor of playing a game like this with a controller...
View Quote
Nah, I shouldn't have to walk up to the POI / Intel crate and adjust my position 4 or 5 times in order for the interaction dialog to pop up.  Since you have to do this 87 times per hour, it should work much faster.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:55:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Nah, I shouldn't have to walk up to the POI / Intel crate and adjust my position 4 or 5 times in order for the interaction dialog to pop up.  Since you have to do this 87 times per hour, it should work much faster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clunky and slow might just be a factor of playing a game like this with a controller...
Oh, that. Yeah, having to approach pickups from the "front" only is kind of weird.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:10:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Oh, that. Yeah, having to approach pickups from the "front" only is kind of weird.
View Quote
I'm not making a dig at you, Frost. I do walk up to the front of the box.  For something that is such commonplace in this game, it's not smooth and rather annoying that so much of the gameplay is based around walking up to these stupid boxes
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#49]
So I got the narco road DLC.  Not as much ghost recon as I would prefer.  So far a lot of running and gunning.  Chaos everywhere.  But the new vehicles are pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#50]
For those waiting, Wildlands is on a steam sale this weekend.

20% Off
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top