Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Was playing in the CQ server the other night.  Shot down someone in an F-35 with an RPG from a good distance on Wake Island.

I think the enemy had three helos up and possibly one or both of our jets as well.  Launching RPG's at low flying UH-1Y and AH-1Z and F-35's kinda made the ass whooping a little more enjoyable.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 1:56:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kinakoba] [#2]
deleted
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump with update in OP.
Link Posted: 5/2/2012 12:11:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I've played with you guys on the server a few times, had fun.

Gamertag is Maverickfftytwo, c-ya around
Link Posted: 5/2/2012 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the server saved to my favorites but never see you guys playing hardcore. Is there a hardcore server?
Link Posted: 5/2/2012 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, we pretty much leave it set to hardcore all the time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 9:03:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By M82Assault:

You dirty whores switched to TDM right when I was warming up.  I have too much fun shooting down choppers in tanks :)
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By goosebob:

You dirty whores switched to TDM right when I was warming up.  I have too much fun shooting down choppers in tanks :)

Hey, sometimes I get burnt out on flying choppers around all the time and like to run around like a chicken with its head cut off!
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Hey, sometimes I get burnt out on flying choppers around all the time and like to run around like a chicken with its head cut off!

That's what Call of Duty is for!  

Link Posted: 5/3/2012 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#10]

How dare you utter that name in this thread! /permaban!
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 5/3/2012 5:47:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Agreed, where is my admin powers for the BF3 Thread!
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 9:07:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bushtree] [#13]
I actually found the server in the server browser a few nights ago and started playing in it. I didn't realize there was an official ARFCOM server.

Anyways, I usually hop in the server whenever its on Hardcore Conquest.

Gamertag:  M1AHD

I did have an idiot that was teamkilling for aircraft the other night, and there were no admins to rectify the situation :(
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Bushtree:
I actually found the server in the server browser a few nights ago and started playing in it. I didn't realize there was an official ARFCOM server.

Anyways, I usually hop in the server whenever its on Hardcore Conquest.

Gamertag:  M1AHD

I did have an idiot that was teamkilling for aircraft the other night, and there were no admins to rectify the situation :(

Sorry about that... next time write their GT down and I can add them to the ban list after the fact.

Go ahead and send me (Stryker428) a friend request on live.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#15]
ban them all
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Played with salvosv in the same squad last night but were not in a arf server. He did not have a mic but I tried helping the best I could.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Slipey76:
Played with salvosv in the same squad last night but were not in a arf server. He did not have a mic but I tried helping the best I could.

That's odd, salo always has a mic
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By Freyr:

Originally Posted By Slipey76:

That's odd, salo always has a mic

And Salo's always in a party.

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I found the server quite by accident today and met several of the guys. I'm sorry my internet was running so slow. I'm gun builder on x box
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By mountainsurvivor:
I found the server quite by accident today and met several of the guys. I'm sorry my internet was running so slow. I'm gun builder on x box

I have played with you before.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Just saw you tonight, think I shot you a friend request, LokiThe12B
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Id like to join up with you guys! Send me an invite please!!
GT: Dkober101
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Just saw you tonight, think I shot you a friend request, LokiThe12B

I accepted  
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Xbox froze in that hacker match.

We were starting to turn it around too.

Link Posted: 5/15/2012 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd appreciate it if one of you fine admins could un-ban me...

see other Xbox BF3 thread for details.

GT: z24goose
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#26]

I'll hit it up tonight if no admin has yet. I think I've played with you before though!
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Cross-post.

Originally Posted By BakerMike:
Not sure I quite understand your post, but the red part makes me believe you were in their spawn, is that correct? If so, all of our servers clearly state no Spawncamping/killing, I.E. hovering a heli over enemies spawn point, or doing continuous strafing runs on the enemy landing strip.

It sounded to me like in both cases he was in the spawn only incidentally. In the first, he wasted a guy who'd bailed out of his helicopter while over his own spawn (whatever, that guy hadn't just spawned, he was fair game. You can't run and touch a tree and call 'base!' in Battlefield.) and in the second instance, he just happened to be over the enemy spawn when he got shot down and, while descending, wasted an enemy helo that was about to take off.

Spot on.

The thing that really made me upset was that there wasn't anyone in the server.  Six people max.  When you don't have any targets and already control all the objectives, I tend to want to hunt something to shoot.

I'm not the type of player to ignore objectives and head straight to the enemy spawn.  Which I would have no problem being kicked/banned for.  

Also, doesn't the server rule indicate three kicks before a ban?

Negative. Anyone can get banned the first time they pull some BS without a kick if an admin is in the room. Your appeal is accepted and you're un-banned. Will cross-post in the server thread.
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 12:48:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: goosebob] [#28]
Cross-post.

Not sure I quite understand your post, but the red part makes me believe you were in their spawn, is that correct? If so, all of our servers clearly state no Spawncamping/killing, I.E. hovering a heli over enemies spawn point, or doing continuous strafing runs on the enemy landing strip.

It sounded to me like in both cases he was in the spawn only incidentally. In the first, he wasted a guy who'd bailed out of his helicopter while over his own spawn (whatever, that guy hadn't just spawned, he was fair game. You can't run and touch a tree and call 'base!' in Battlefield.) and in the second instance, he just happened to be over the enemy spawn when he got shot down and, while descending, wasted an enemy helo that was about to take off.

Spot on.

The thing that really made me upset was that there wasn't anyone in the server.  Six people max.  When you don't have any targets and already control all the objectives, I tend to want to hunt something to shoot.

I'm not the type of player to ignore objectives and head straight to the enemy spawn.  Which I would have no problem being kicked/banned for.  

Negative. Anyone can get banned the first time they pull some BS without a kick if an admin is in the room. Your appeal is accepted and you're un-banned. Will cross-post in the server thread.

Good deal.  I seen that somewhere, might not have even been the ARFCOM server.

I'll hit it up tonight if no admin has yet. I think I've played with you before though!

I believe I've played with both of you all.
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Cross-post.

Spot on.

What you're thinking of is the setting where the server will auto-ban after 3 kicks.

Link Posted: 5/16/2012 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Cross-post.

Spot on.

What you're thinking of is the setting where the server will auto-ban after 3 kicks.

Yep, that it was I was thinking of.  

I guess whoever I blew up was pretty steamed...I would have been too.
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#31]
I was in for a short time last night, but my son doesn't have the Karkand maps yet.  He just got a 360 and BF3. He was previously on PS3. Anyway, I was on for about 10 mins or so. I think it was Oman.

DLayzer38
Link Posted: 5/22/2012 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Just wanted to thank FOING87 again for unscrewing that mess with the TKing last night....
Link Posted: 5/24/2012 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By DaBoomhower:
Just wanted to thank FOING87 again for unscrewing that mess with the TKing last night....

So I take it there was finally some traffic in the ARFCOM servers?

What time do you guys normally play? Im usually on 8-11PM (central)
Link Posted: 5/24/2012 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#34]
You can find me bouncing around in my server from time to time:  Hard Core Arfcom.

I made it before I found the other two, but I just renewed yesterday for 3mo.   Its mostly 24 player conquest to balance against the other servers.

Feel free to add me: ItsMyDougInABox
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#35]
FTAggie and I got in Saturday night. It was actually pretty fun. My son and a buddy of his hooked with us in a party. They aren't Arfcommers, but they had a good time anyway.

If it's not too late...nerf the mini-map for your server. Make it hardcore ala Bad Company 2.
Link Posted: 6/24/2012 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#36]
This needs a bump.

That was a blast playing last night, even if everybody kept blowing up my tank.

Link Posted: 6/25/2012 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Sandit:
This needs a bump.

You deserved it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 11:58:54 PM EDT
[#38]

This needs a bump.

You deserved it.
Fine, see if I help capture C so you can keep getting shot down in the jets.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#39]

This needs a bump.

You deserved it.

/smite
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 2:50:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Fuck mortars, IRL, don't know if I'll ever use them in game. Feels so damn helpless when you hear them and can't do shit but hide, BF3 is soooo much better!
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 12:32:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Fuck mortars, IRL, don't know if I'll ever use them in game. Feels so damn helpless when you hear them and can't do shit but hide, BF3 is soooo much better!

That whole lack of respawn is a bite in the butt.

Link Posted: 6/28/2012 12:33:57 AM EDT
[#42]

This needs a bump.

You deserved it.

/smite

And since I'm stuck in a respawn loop, now I really can't help cap objectives.

/lossofgame

Link Posted: 6/28/2012 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#43]

That's when you call in a B52 or twenty with a metric fuck ton of JDAMs
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#44]

I bet, that’s what my brother said when he was in Iraq. He had a CRAM though so that helped a little. Fireworks bug the shit out of him now.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#45]

That's when you call in a B52 or twenty with a metric fuck ton of JDAMs

If I could, I would. I'd call down the whole god damned airforce, navy air assests, and any Army CAS we have handy.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Sweetaction490

I'm down for some killing!
Link Posted: 7/7/2012 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#47]
I got to play last night, and got my butt handed to me. Never really thought a simple change in the TV you use would have much influence, but it does for me. Hope I adjust soon.
Link Posted: 7/7/2012 6:02:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sandit] [#48]
Welcome to the war.

Just remember to give Striker and Salo a hard time.

Link Posted: 7/7/2012 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Might have to start playing these servers. I'm not the greatest...

GT: zoccosucks
Link Posted: 7/7/2012 11:09:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M82Assault] [#50]
Welcome to the war.

Just remember to give Striker and Salo a hard time.

If only I were Striker here too...

Alas, no. For I am lowly M82 here, and Stryker the Admin Demigod on the servers!

I keed, I keed.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top