Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Official BF3 for PS3 Thread (Page 3 of 210)
Page / 210
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 9:43:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#1]
Just applied to join.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#2]
So is it worth it to buy the game?

Link Posted: 10/29/2011 10:41:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#3]
Originally Posted By MP15T:
So is it worth it to buy the game?

If you like team play and you can stomach some growing pains / patches, then it is the best modern-warfare themed team-play FPS ever made!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#4]
After you gut out shit guns and star unlocking stuff its fun.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, I'm either gonna show my age or my lack of gamer knowledge here but... How the hell do we find guys in the platoon (online) to team up? Do I have to "friend" everyone in the platoon?  Help a non gamer out!  
I only play NCAA football, tiger woods and the Bad Company series so don't make fun of me too much.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 12:39:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazedCat] [#6]
Originally Posted By RePp:

Them shit guns u speakith of i got my most kills with.

Took me all of 3 hours maybe less lost count lol to get better guns still use original guns to fully unlock em.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ebbtide:
Ok, I'm either gonna show my age or my lack of gamer knowledge here but... How the hell do we find guys in the platoon (online) to team up? Do I have to "friend" everyone in the platoon?  Help a non gamer out!  
I only play NCAA football, tiger woods and the Bad Company series so don't make fun of me too much.

Here's the direct link to the PS3 Arfcom platoon: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391310013412/

Gotta sign up for Battlelog first, and then apply to the platoon.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Just for clarification...we need to add each other in the Battle log website, or through the console as friends? Which one?
Kind of slow doing it through the console.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#9]

I dunno man, I've been doing pretty good with the AKS74U.  I'm level 14 and have unlocked some other guns, but still use the 74U.

Link Posted: 10/29/2011 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks NY_shooter!   Did both of those already. I think you added me,  I'm mk10mmg29.    I'm just not sure If I have to add everyone to my personal list in order to get in on a game with our platoon.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

I dunno man, I've been doing pretty good with the AKS74U.  I'm level 14 and have unlocked some other guns, but still use the 74U.

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" target="_blank">http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/c4cdc7720f4ea2b4.png</a>

I had to get optics. Soon as I got a ACOG for the Mk11 and M16 plus the scope for the AK it was a lot funner for me. Took me I think 2 maybe 3 hours.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ebbtide:
Thanks NY_shooter!   Did both of those already. I think you added me,  I'm mk10mmg29.    I'm just not sure If I have to add everyone to my personal list in order to get in on a game with our platoon.

No problem.

I don't think you do.  As far as I can tell, the whole platoon thing is just for fun.  I don't see anything having to do with the platoon, actually effecting anything in-game when you're playing.

I had to get optics. Soon as I got a ACOG for the Mk11 and M16 plus the scope for the AK it was a lot funner for me. Took me I think 2 maybe 3 hours.

I hear ya.  I just can't do optics on anything but the sniper rifles for some reason.  Tried a few out, and they seemed to make me worse.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Sent my invite please pick up. I'll be on here shortly to kick some ass.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Skynet8811

Ill be playing for a while tonight.
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#16]
App sent. Will be on tomorrow afternoon
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 12:37:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Riggs] [#17]
How do I change optics?

Also, it's pretty annoying spawning right next to an enemy. So far I have about a 2/5 survival ratio in that situation.

ETA: it would also be nice to be able to see what position the selector switch is in. And it seems as though engineer is the way to go. I really like the mines also, even though one won't take out a tank entirely.
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By twratc:
How do I change optics?  You have to unlock them by using the weapon.  Then you can add/remove optics from the kit selection.  When you're choosing your kit before a match starts or when you die, hit Square and it will open up the kit.  Then hit X when the gun is highlighted, and from there you can modify all the attachments.

Also, it's pretty annoying spawning right next to an enemy. So far I have about a 2/5 survival ratio in that situation.

ETA: it would also be nice to be able to see what position the selector switch is in. And it seems as though engineer is the way to go. I really like the mines also, even though one won't take out a tank entirely.  You can see what fire mode you have your gun on; it's in the bottom right of the HUD.  1 dot is single-fire. 2 dots is burst fire (not all guns have this) and 3 dots is full-auto.  I agree, the Engineer class is hard to beat.  For the mines, line all 3 up in a row at a high traffic choke point and the enemy vehicle will normally blow up and you'll get the kill(s).

Link Posted: 10/30/2011 3:40:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Riggs] [#19]
How do I change optics?  You have to unlock them by using the weapon.  Then you can add/remove optics from the kit selection.  When you're choosing your kit before a match starts or when you die, hit Square and it will open up the kit.  Then hit X when the gun is highlighted, and from there you can modify all the attachments.

ETA: it would also be nice to be able to see what position the selector switch is in. And it seems as though engineer is the way to go. I really like the mines also, even though one won't take out a tank entirely.  You can see what fire mode you have your gun on; it's in the bottom right of the HUD.  1 dot is single-fire. 2 dots is burst fire (not all guns have this) and 3 dots is full-auto.  I agree, the Engineer class is hard to beat.  For the mines, line all 3 up in a row at a high traffic choke point and the enemy vehicle will normally blow up and you'll get the kill(s).

Thanks, now I have a suppressor and acog on my scar-h. I play on hardcore so it doesn't show the selector info or ammo amount. It would be nice to have the ammo amount as well on hardcore, or at least the amount of magazines you have. I've been using that strategy with the mines, and it's worked well. I am a helicopter pilot and could not fly the helicopters in bfbc2, the helicopters in BF3 are quite a bit easier and IMO more realistic to fly.

ETA: Every time I join a new game on hardcore, the first round I have a kill cam for some reason. After the first round it is no longer active.
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 5:33:28 PM EDT
[#20]
just applied for the platoon.

direct link for anybody not wanting to look for it:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391310013412/

hopefully i'll see some of you guys on when i get off work shortly, only have a couple hours of playtime, but I was usually MVP on any game I played in BC2. This is just different enough to be awesome, but just enough of the same to pick up again really easy
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 6:30:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flyfishnepa] [#21]

anyone know when you unlock the sig553?  that's my goal right now.  my next unlock in the engineer class is the javelin.

oh, the m4 unlock for the engineer class is 3 shot burst and semi

Link Posted: 10/30/2011 6:59:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NapeSticksToKids] [#22]
Sig is unlocked after a shit ton of points in coop

Eta 378,000
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Is it me, or does BF3 have some of the stupidest unlocks?
The Flash Hider reduces muzzle flash but decreases aimed and automatic fire accuracy.
The Heavy Barrel increases aimed fire accuracy but increases muzzle rise. It claimes increased accuracy from match grade ammo but does not increase bullet damage.
The US/Russian default weapon unlocked last for each class?
ALL the specializations.
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I am a helicopter pilot and could not fly the helicopters in bfbc2, the helicopters in BF3 are quite a bit easier and IMO more realistic to fly.

I couldn't fly them in BC2. Can't fly them now. On the other hand my 11 year old son caught on to flying them and the jets in less than an hour.
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#25]
So how do we meet up in the game with people from the ARFCOM platoon?
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By flyfishnepa:

anyone know when you unlock the sig553?  that's my goal right now.  my next unlock in the engineer class is the javelin.

I've been whoring out the Engineer class too.  I hate to say it, but so far, the 2 things I've been excited about unlocking.......quickly turned to disappointment.  Those 2 things were the EOD Bot and the Javelin.

The EOD Bot is ridiculously clumsy and slow (not that I was expecting anything super easy, as it would be overpowered if it was).  The Javelin only has 2 shots (maybe there is a specialization that allows you to carry more rockets? Not sure).  I've yet to be able to actually blow up a tank with those 2 shots, only disable them.  Also, it's vehicle-lock only.  You can't free-fire it.

But I will say, I watched a YouTube video that showed a guy doing something that might help.  After he got a lock on a tank, he would quickly aim skyward and immediately fire.  So it would come down onto the top of the tank.
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 9:12:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NapeSticksToKids] [#27]

I've been whoring out the Engineer class too.  I hate to say it, but so far, the 2 things I've been excited about unlocking.......quickly turned to disappointment.  Those 2 things were the EOD Bot and the Javelin.

The EOD Bot is ridiculously clumsy and slow (not that I was expecting anything super easy, as it would be overpowered if it was).  The Javelin only has 2 shots (maybe there is a specialization that allows you to carry more rockets? Not sure).  I've yet to be able to actually blow up a tank with those 2 shots, only disable them.  Also, it's vehicle-lock only.  You can't free-fire it.

But I will say, I watched a YouTube video that showed a guy doing something that might help.  After he got a lock on a tank, he would quickly aim skyward and immediately fire.  So it would come down onto the top of the tank.

ever seen how heavy just one javelin is? im surprised they even give you 2

eta:

imagine this dude with 3 on his back lol

Link Posted: 10/30/2011 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Damn gun shoots out pillows too. I have to lay into someone with the m4. So far it's been the H&K M416 I been laying it down with. Sometimes I use the M4A1, and it does gets the job done.
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 10:04:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jinxsters] [#29]
Also I quick question. I'm in the PS3 AR15 clan but how come the thing doesn't show up next to my name?

Edit: Wait I think I figured it out. You have to do it in your battlelog.battlefield.com profile thing.
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Jinxsters:
Also I quick question. I'm in the PS3 AR15 clan but how come the thing doesn't show up next to my name?

Edit: Wait I think I figured it out. You have to do it in your battlelog.battlefield.com profile thing.

Yeah, you have to manually add the clan tag in your "Edit Profile" page.  It will then show up in-game.  I still think it's weird that you can make/edit your clan tag while actually playing the game.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 7:05:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Will start adding folks to my ps3 friends list today message will be arfcom so u know who it is .
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#32]
I was in a game last night and was playing opposite of a squad that had over a dozen of the same clan tags. (PLS) I think?  Anyway, these guys were kicking the shit outa the team I was on. We really need to figure out how we can all join a game together to do the same.  I know it's been asked but I didn't get a real clear answer. Do I need to add all u guys individually on my console?  The few I added on the Battle-log didn't show up as friends on the console so I am beyond confused.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 10:32:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazedCat] [#33]
So 9 kills in 1 round just messing with that DAO Shotgun Me likey.

Course server crashed Sum bitch now got to re do it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 12:04:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RePp] [#34]
After playing the game for 4 hours Im done with it. Well guess Ill play it tell MW3 comes out. The multiplayer stuff is the most enraging shit I have ever played.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#35]
After playing the game for 4 hours Im done with it. Well guess Ill play it tell MW3 comes out. The multiplayer stuff is the most enraging shit I have ever played.

seriously? and you think MW3 will be better?

ill just sit here and wait for when you get enraged at the people shooting at you from inside walls and up in the sky
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:

ill just sit here and wait for when you get enraged at the people shooting at you from inside walls and up in the sky

BF3 TDM sums up the CoD experience minus the 12 year olds and kill streaks. The random spawn system needs refining. Namely NOT spawning me in front of a camping enemy.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Ok, I'm a tard.

I've squaded up in Battlelog, how do I actually play in a squad with all those folks?
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Ya if I had to pick one game 2 months ago I would have picked BF3 for sure. After playing it not being able to aim, unlock guns very fast at all, taking ungodly damage before dying and spawn rape Im done. I played BF2 for years and fuckin loved it.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#39]

yeah, i played with the eodbot a little bit in beta and it was pretty hard to control.  sucks that the javelin in only vehicle lock on.

what's the unlock after the javelin?

Link Posted: 10/31/2011 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Found the battle log it did keep sweet Dao Shotgun is a beasty up close .

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1870959/4/353404947/
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 4:23:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I only play conquest and rush so I haven't experienced the spawn camping.

As for unlocks, I like the way it is. If it went quick then I would be bored after I get everything
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I only play conquest and rush so I haven't experienced the spawn camping.

As for unlocks, I like the way it is. If it went quick then I would be bored after I get everything

yup same here love working for it .

Link Posted: 10/31/2011 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Are the Mortars really unlimited ammo? It seems a little unfair.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#44]

yeah, i played with the eodbot a little bit in beta and it was pretty hard to control.  sucks that the javelin in only vehicle lock on.

what's the unlock after the javelin?

That's the last launcher you unlock.  I've maxed out the Engineer class as of last night.

After the javelin, you unlock the G36 (which I love, BTW), and then you unlock the "acquired" M4A1 and 74U.  Meaning, you can then use them no matter what country you're playing for.  The very last thing for the Engineer class is some rifle that you can only unlock with a shit-ton of Co-Op points. Doubt I'll be getting that one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't know about you guys but all the usual suspects I play with are having major in game inter squad comm problems which is really getting old. Very choppy, like hearing every third word making it impossible to communicate with each other.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone playing tonight?
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#47]

Ya if I had to pick one game 2 months ago I would have picked BF3 for sure. After playing it not being able to aim, unlock guns very fast at all, taking ungodly damage before dying and spawn rape Im done. I played BF2 for years and fuckin loved it.  

Sounds like you're playing TDM which spawns you right in front of the enemy. Reason why I don't play TDM. There is also a HC mode which I was told two shots you're dead. Though I do like the radar on regular, because like in real life you can hear the enemy shoot and you can see where they fired on the map, which I do like. I however don't like unloading a mag on someone and then it seems like I get one shotted all the time.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 9:17:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#48]

Sounds like you're playing TDM which spawns you right in front of the enemy. Reason why I don't play TDM. There is also a HC mode which I was told two shots you're dead. Though I do like the radar on regular, because like in real life you can hear the enemy shoot and you can see where they fired on the map, which I do like. I however don't like unloading a mag on someone and then it seems like I get one shotted all the time.

Why play TDM in BF anyways?

There is only one mode - CONQUEST.

RUSH is a distant second.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Sent a request to join the platoon- screen name BlakJak-6

I'm a noob at battlefield and my online play so far is terrible.  This game requires a lot more skill and strategy than COD.
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 12:30:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:

Why play TDM in BF anyways?

There is only one mode - CONQUEST.

RUSH is a distant second.

Rush I feel I have an objective to complete while putting my foot up the ass of others. Conquest I feel like a dog chasing my tail, but I suppose it's okay. TDM I agree. Spawned and pwned is not fun to me.
Page / 210
Official BF3 for PS3 Thread (Page 3 of 210)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top