User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 50
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By CrazedCat:
Originally Posted By Shalashaska:
AC-130!  Fuck yes!

MODERN WARFARE COPIERS FUCK YES . WITH PREMIUM NOW COMING TO BATTLE FIELD.

WHATS NEXT PREDATORS AND JUGGER NAUGHTS.

the M4A1?! WHAT THE FUCK MODERN WARFARE HAS IT AND BATTLEFIELD HAS AN M4A1 TOO!!!! CALL OF DUTY COPIERS!!!! NEWBS!!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:
AC-130!  Fuck yes!

the M4A1?! WHAT THE FUCK MODERN WARFARE HAS IT AND BATTLEFIELD HAS AN M4A1 TOO!!!! CALL OF DUTY COPIERS!!!! NEWBS!!!!

i am doing it to be a dick its called being an ass look it up .
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
AC-130!  Fuck yes!

so that makes you a "dickass?"

Link Posted: 6/5/2012 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ciraxis:
AC-130!  Fuck yes!

so that makes you a "dickass?"

ok u smart ass .

me dumb ass wait wat lol.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 4:10:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LA_357SIG] [#5]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Calls someone a retard; doesn't know the proper use of the word "your".
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Exhibit B:

Lol. Really?
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like X360 users got bitch slapped. All those cool videos I see on youtube of the new weapons being used... PS3 and PC users. They got em a week early, apparently.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By oxmav3rickxo:

Looks like X360 users got bitch slapped. All those cool videos I see on youtube of the new weapons being used... PS3 and PC users. They got em a week early, apparently.

I think just the PS3 got it early, which is how DICE has been doing things. I believe it will hit on the Xbox and PC on June 11, if you paid for the Premium stuff. Apparently that's supposed to be two weeks early so if you don't have Premium you'll be waiting a bit longer.

On another note... apparently they don't teach English in North Carolina.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By FTAggie:

I think just the PS3 got it early, which is how DICE has been doing things. I believe it will hit on the Xbox and PC on June 11, if you paid for the Premium stuff. Apparently that's supposed to be two weeks early so if you don't have Premium you'll be waiting a bit longer.  

How much is the premium?
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#10]
$49.99...and ohhhh I get the Karkand DLC again since I already have it, that makes it worth it
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By harleyms:
$49.99...and ohhhh I get the Karkand DLC again since I already have it, that makes it worth it

That price straight from the BF3 store? I'm at work and my work computer hates looking at game sites. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#12]
that's the price buying from Origin
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By WPNS462:

That price straight from the BF3 store? I'm at work and my work computer hates looking at game sites. Thanks.

We have to buy it through the Xbox. We can't buy it on Origin or online, but yes, that's the correct price. You're technically getting five DLCs. If you bought Karkand separately it's actually four, but if you got Karkand for free with the limited edition pre-order it's still five. There's some other stuff included but overall it's just bundling the DLCs. It's not a rip-off but it's not really a great deal. The best part is getting early access to the DLCs.

Link Posted: 6/5/2012 8:25:31 PM EDT
[#14]

If you're the type of person that would buy every DLC when they come out, then the Premium is worth it, even if you already have Karkand.  Either way, it will come out to be a few bucks cheaper than buying each DLC separately.

On top of that, you get some other goodies that may or may not matter to you; camos, dog tags, new knife, new guns/assignments, queue priority, early access to DLC, double-XP weekends, etc.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#15]

AC-130!  Fuck yes!

Not available until September.

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 12:57:34 AM EDT
[#16]

If you're the type of person that would buy every DLC when they come out, then the Premium is worth it, even if you already have Karkand.  Either way, it will come out to be a few bucks cheaper than buying each DLC separately.

On top of that, you get some other goodies that may or may not matter to you; camos, dog tags, new knife, new guns/assignments, queue priority, early access to DLC, double-XP weekends, etc.

lol that's the kind of people EA is counting on...as for me I hate to pay full price for a game.... I wait for Steam to have sales to pick up DLC's for fallout and since that will never happen with BF3 I'm not sure if I'll pick them up or not....hell I haven't played BF3 at all in well over a month, the last time I was getting one shot killed while running across the carrier deck on Oman, between the cheaters and the glitches (Mass anyone) I felt I was getting too worked up over a video game so I took a break due to some unrelated health issues. I might try it again since the patch and I'm not wearing the heart monitor anymore

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#17]

lol that's the kind of people EA is counting on...as for me I hate to pay full price for a game.... I wait for Steam to have sales to pick up DLC's for fallout and since that will never happen with BF3 I'm not sure if I'll pick them up or not....hell I haven't played BF3 at all in well over a month, the last time I was getting one shot killed while running across the carrier deck on Oman, between the cheaters and the glitches (Mass anyone) I felt I was getting too worked up over a video game so I took a break due to some unrelated health issues. I might try it again since the patch and I'm not wearing the heart monitor anymore

So you're just cheap.  You could have saved all of that writing and just said "$50 is too expensive for me".
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#18]

If you have premium, you already have access to the weapons and stuff. I think some have to be unlocked though. I haven't bought it yet but a couple of clanmates have, and they are already using the weapons and camo. Close Quarters will be the 11th.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#19]
So you're just cheap.  You could have saved all of that writing and just said "$50 is too expensive for me".

lol sorta....I already paid $60 for each copy I have (I play PC my son is PS3).......I guess I miss the RTCW and BF1942 days where the fan made stuff was waaaaaaaay better than the game was out of the box.....
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Well....Desert Combat had an AC-130 long before Modern Warfare existed so, even though that was a mod, it still started with BF.  Either way, you can never have enough AC-130.  It'll be interesting to see how it's balanced....

I was thinking about this earlier. In the screenshots it seemed to be flying relatively low, so stingers might be able to get a lock on close passes. The screenshots don't show, but those monster-sized maps should also have some jets flying around.

Will the AC-130 be a separate vehicle (likely meaning jets won't be available on those maps) or will it be used like the bombers were in 1943?

The latest word is the the AC-130 will be AI piloted with the player only able to man the gunner's position.

Armored Kill is also supposed to have some sort of artillery system.

Link Posted: 6/6/2012 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#21]
AC-130 and Armored Kill Info

Kind of meh.  It's AI piloted (as mentioned above) and the weaponry isn't even correct.
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd much rather it be on auto-pilot.  If it wasn't, some idiot would just fly it right into the fucking ground.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Probably.  I don't have much issue with it being AI piloted but AA guns?  C'mon.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#24]
it would be awesome if it could drop humvees with parachutes like it could in Desert Combat
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Drewcoolness:
it would be awesome if it could drop humvees with parachutes like it could in Desert Combat

fuck yeah
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 10:04:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#26]
AI piloted AC-130 is retarded.  Remember having the B-17 bomber loaded for bear in BF1942?  

Makes me remember the Winston Churchill BF1942 trailer:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8sqDsqEt4&feature=related

I really love BF3 but I have a sweet spot for 1942 (original PC version) - it was a true sandbox.  I really hope they do a few maps on the European Front as an expansion on Frostbite 2 engine.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
AI piloted AC-130 is retarded.  Remember having the B-17 bomber loaded for bear in BF1942?  

Makes me remember the Winston Churchill BF1942 trailer:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8sqDsqEt4&feature=related

I really love BF3 but I have a sweet spot for 1942 (original PC version) - it was a true sandbox.  I really hope they do a few maps on the European Front as an expansion on Frostbite 2 engine.

I seriously wish someone would update the graphics on 1942 and do nothing to the gameplay...that would be awesome!
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#28]

AI piloted AC-130 is retarded.

I have to disagree with you here. (Present company excluded :D) Most pilots on BF3 really couldn't handle keeping the Spectre in the slow circling pass needed for accurate air to ground direct fire. I'd take the AI in the perfect rolling circle over joeshmoe4875 who runs low and fast (eliminating any chance of decent accuracy from the guns) until he runs the beast into the ground or gets shot down immediately, any day. The AC is not a tactical insertion plane, it's an airborne artillery support plane. A predictable flight path is critical to accuracy. I am really stoked to get in there and start grinding up football field size plots of land with it. Besides, properly flying it would get interminably boring fast.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ThunderDan19:

I have to disagree with you here. (Present company excluded :D) Most pilots on BF3 really couldn't handle keeping the Spectre in the slow circling pass needed for accurate air to ground direct fire. I'd take the AI in the perfect rolling circle over joeshmoe4875 who runs low and fast (eliminating any chance of decent accuracy from the guns) until he runs the beast into the ground or gets shot down immediately, any day. The AC is not a tactical insertion plane, it's an airborne artillery support plane. A predictable flight path is critical to accuracy. I am really stoked to get in there and start grinding up football field size plots of land with it. Besides, properly flying it would get interminably boring fast.

On top of that, it's one thing to waste a helo or jet as a taxi to get across the map real quick. It would be a total waste to use an awesome weapons platform such as the AC-130 as a fucking taxi. Best to let the AI take it and use it properly.

(My work computer hates the above link on the AC-130. How many gunners aboard?)
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Yeah, gotta disagree with Foo.

The chances of getting a competent pilot who's willing to fly in an efficient manner while not getting any kills for himself would be damn close to zero.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#31]

The chances of getting a competent pilot who's willing to fly in an efficient manner while not getting any kills for himself would be damn close to zero.

Althought I'd try it. I take Venoms and pylon them around Alpha at Oman. It sucks for me, but great for the gunners. If I have 2 gunners, I'll alternate clockwise/Counter clockwise.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#32]
On top of that, it's one thing to waste a helo or jet as a taxi to get across the map real quick. It would be a total waste to use an awesome weapons platform such as the AC-130 as a fucking taxi. Best to let the AI take it and use it properly.

Several new vehicles are featured in the expansion, including new tank destroyers, an AC-130 gunship, ATVs, and mobile artillery.

Taking over a specific base grants the controlling team access to an AC-130 gunship. The gunship travels on a fixed circular path around the bases and it has four seats –– two for shooting 125mm cannons at the       ground and two anti-air turrets for defending its airspace.

Though only four people can man the AC-130 at once, other soldiers can use it as a mobile parachute spawn point.

The AC-130 is also a great position to spot and mark enemies for your teammates.

If your team controls the AC-130, the smart strategy is to have all patrolling the aircraft defend it from oncoming attacks so it can continue its forceful barrage.

The AC-130 is heavily armored, but it cannot be repaired by engineers. This means ground forces can bring it down with concentrated fire.

The tank destroyers are lighter and more limber than the tanks included in the base game. They still pack a punch, but are much more vulnerable than the conventional tanks.

Over 20 upgrades are available for the new vehicles, but there is no new infantry weaponry.

Armored Kill also has a new Tank Superiority mode, but DICE wouldn't go into specifics just yet.

You should spawn on a squad member near a hot zone or to jump into a vehicle. Given the large size of the map, hiking from your home base to a flag point takes a while.

The maps are large enough that you can employ new team tactics like positioning your mobile artillery on the ridge and shelling any troops approaching a hotly contested flag capture point from a long range.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 2:38:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WPNS462] [#33]

Several new vehicles are featured in the expansion, including new tank destroyers, an AC-130 gunship, ATVs, and mobile artillery.

Taking over a specific base grants the controlling team access to an AC-130 gunship. The gunship travels on a fixed circular path around the bases and it has four seats –– two for shooting 125mm cannons at the       ground and two anti-air turrets for defending its airspace.

Though only four people can man the AC-130 at once, other soldiers can use it as a mobile parachute spawn point.

The AC-130 is also a great position to spot and mark enemies for your teammates.

If your team controls the AC-130, the smart strategy is to have all patrolling the aircraft defend it from oncoming attacks so it can continue its forceful barrage.

The AC-130 is heavily armored, but it cannot be repaired by engineers. This means ground forces can bring it down with concentrated fire.

Holy crap...4 gunners. Is that the correct size? 125mm? U model as a 25mm gatling, 40mm Bofors and 105mm cannon. I'd like there to be a rapid fire 25mm gat. I hate to say it, but my it like the COD one...one gat, 40mm and 105mm...3 ground gunners with an AA gunner.

I'd like to see at least one SAM site on the ground against this.

ETA* They need to increase server size to 36-48 for the bigger maps. Four in the air, 2 serious guys on the ground and 6 jackasses will make for a shitty game.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#34]

Althought I'd try it. I take Venoms and pylon them around Alpha at Oman. It sucks for me, but great for the gunners. If I have 2 gunners, I'll alternate clockwise/Counter clockwise.

Yeah, but pilots like that are the exception, not the rule.  Foo does the same thing.  He'll pilot the trans chopper and position it so the gunner can take out infantry or other choppers.

But for every 1 pilot that does things like that, there 40 who'll use it as a taxi or otherwise be a useless pilot.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Yeah, but pilots like that are the exception, not the rule.  Foo does the same thing.  He'll pilot the trans chopper and position it so the gunner can take out infantry or other choppers.

But for every 1 pilot that does things like that, there 40 who'll use it as a taxi or otherwise be a useless pilot.

Like my son.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#36]
This video is relevant to current discussion:

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#37]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdrbd3MZFk0&list=ELKpzDTPsYlLM&index=0&feature=plcp

Have you guys watched all of those. Hilarious because they are true.
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#38]
those maps are going to be empty on consoles.   12 vs 12 could get boring if everyone is in the fucking air.  

I wish they would bump it up to 20 vs 20
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 3:17:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#39]
My point is ... I would prefer vehicle effectiveness be proportional to the skill / teamwork it takes to use it.

It should take a tight squad (with comms) all working together (also in comm with at least 1 jet functioning as bomber escort) - and the reward should be domination. That level of coordination is hard to operate at but should be rewarded.  The c-130 should be for competent squads - a bunch of uncoordinated average players *should* get owned or be ineffective.  The alternative is make it easy to use and nerf it's potential.

When Nape and I are in the Viper and putting up a combined 50 kills (ps3 / 100% tix) ... We're talking constantly to coordinate ECM / flares, directing each other on targets ... Etc. It's not easy to do.  I've played with random gunners and it's painful.

Why should the C-130 be easier?  Instead it's a flying arcade game.

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Taking over a specific base grants the controlling team access to an AC-130 gunship. The gunship travels on a fixed circular path around the bases and it has four seats –– two for shooting 125mm cannons at the ground and two anti-air turrets for defending its airspace.

Holy crap...4 gunners. Is that the correct size? 125mm? U model as a 25mm gatling, 40mm Bofors and 105mm cannon. I'd like there to be a rapid fire 25mm gat. I hate to say it, but my it like the COD one...one gat, 40mm and 105mm...3 ground gunners with an AA gunner.

I'd like to see at least one SAM site on the ground against this.

ETA* They need to increase server size to 36-48 for the bigger maps. Four in the air, 2 serious guys on the ground and 6 jackasses will make for a shitty game.

Sounds like on console you'll need to decide between capping flags (winning) or tearing it up in the Spectre. I guess the proper strategy would be to cap all the flags you can and then get in the gunship to try to support the guys defending them. Should make for some interesting strategy for sure. I'm sure all the pilots in the game will be salivating for a shot at killing a Spectre and the 4 crew members (if that turns out to be correct). Everything I saw prior to this seemed to indicate there would be 2 crew on the Spectre.

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#41]
My point is ... I would prefer vehicle effectiveness be proportional to the skill / teamwork it takes to use it.

It should take a tight squad (with comms) all working together (also in comm with at least 1 jet functioning as bomber escort) - and the reward should be domination. That level of coordination is hard to operate at but should be rewarded.  The c-130 should be for competent squads - a bunch of uncoordinated average players *should* get owned or be ineffective.  The alternative is make it easy to use and nerf it's potential.

When Nape and I are in the Viper and putting up a combined 50 kills (ps3 / 100% tix) ... We're talking constantly to coordinate ECM / flares, directing each other on targets ... Etc. It's not easy to do.  I've played with random gunners and it's painful.

Why should the C-130 be easier?  Instead it's a flying arcade game.

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Says the guy who always picks the seat in front of Foo in the choppas...

(but then again, who of us doesn't jump when that opportunity "arises")
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#43]

i dont pick the seat, the two of us work to our maximum potential when im gunning and he's flying.

i can fly almost as good as him, but not as good as he does against other air targets.
and he, well...he cant hit shit as a gunner
Link Posted: 6/7/2012 4:05:58 PM EDT
[#44]

i dont pick the seat, the two of us work to our maximum potential when im gunning and he's flying.

i can fly almost as good as him, but not as good as he does against other air targets.

and he, well...he cant hit shit as a gunner

Great. You know he's gonna make you fly for a while just to prove you're wrong (thus hindering the air support for all us ground pounders below)... Stop provoking him!!!

Link Posted: 6/7/2012 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#45]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdrbd3MZFk0&list=ELKpzDTPsYlLM&index=0&feature=plcp

Those videos are hilarious.
Link Posted: 7/19/2012 7:13:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kill-9] [#46]
New Armored Kill trailer

Link Posted: 7/19/2012 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Armored Kill looks good. Too bad us console kiddies are pinned to the whole 12 v. 12 thing.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 8:33:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#48]
Do bullets fly at the correct speeds or are we still lobbing 88mm beachballs and 120mm grap fruit?
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:

Do bullets fly at the correct speeds or are we still lobbing 88mm beachballs and 120mm grap fruit?

Still lobbing.

Link Posted: 7/22/2012 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Hmm, this new addon isn't helping increase my interest in the game.  I prefer to use tanks at more realistic ranges (like 1000+ meters), you probably won't see the AWT guys flying the helicopters that close to a shootout, the minimum range of a HIMARS is... you get the point.
Page / 50
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top