Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 12:11:00 PM EDT
Any nutritionists around?  When you eat a serving of food, say 500 calories of beef, is your body so efficient that it sucks all those calories out when digesting?  I've always wondered  about that when i try to limit my calorie intake.  G_S
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If your body was able to use all the food as fuel, you would never have to poo I would immagine.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#2]
HE SAID POO!

I dont know the anwser sorry
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
No, it does not. Foods do not digest 100% and therefore you don't receive all the energy contained in the food. Also, the food actually takes calories to digest/convert to energy. I think proteins take more energy to digest, while fats are easier. I am not a nutritionist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top