Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 8:00:21 PM EDT
If you had 15 minutes to workout every morning upon working out and you didn't want to leave the house and had no equipment, what would you do?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd wake up 30 minutes earlier, and get a real good workout.

Otherwise, I'd just do push-ups for the entire 15 minutes on mondays, abs the entire 15 minutes on tuesdays, jump-rope or similar for the entire 15 minutes on wednesdays, push-ups again on thursdays, abs again on fridays, and jumprope again on saturdays.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you trying to lose weight, build muscle, or something else?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#3]
20-rep squats then spend 12 minutes or so trying to catch your breath.z
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are you trying to lose weight, build muscle, or something else?

Build muscle, I'm fairly skinny. I'm in kinda good running/endurance shape, but not strength wise.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#5]
i usually do 15-30 minutes of pelvic thrusters every morning or so.  

oh, it helps if you have a workout partner to keep you motivated..
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess you could the push-ups and isometric type stuff. Are you sure you can't get some used free weights? They would help you alot.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Pushups, ab work, skip rope.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Heavy, 20 rep, breathing squats.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
FitDeck.  Do ten cards.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Pushups. ab work(crunches situps and leg lifts) and skip rope. Maybe get some dumbells and do some curls between push up sets. you can get dumbells for $.39 cents a pound if you shop around. I went and bought one dumbell every pay day till I got a decent collection.

But you really can not do alot to get into shape. 30 minutes you can get some stuff done consider waking up 15 minues early and how about working out on your lunch break at work.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:32:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Not enough time for proper wrok out regiment IMO
45min daily is barely enough.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#12]
do sit ups and pushups and whatever else during commercials, get a curl bar. you could do curls, tricep presses, squats etc.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Id jump rope.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Easy

HIITS

learn the exercises and do them:

www.crossfit.com/
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#15]
So I've been trying to do 2 15-minute workouts a day.

One right when i wake up, another right before I go to sleep.

I started at 2 sets of 50 crunches, 10 leg exercises (lying on back, doing a scissor type exercise), and 10 pushups.

I have since moved up to 2-3 sets (depending on time) of 100 crunches, 25 leg exercises, and 20-25 pushups.

Any reccomendations?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Military pushups balancing a weight on your back for more resistance, if you're pressed for time in the AM (3 sets of 25).  Then, 100 crunches and hit the shower.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I shoudl add revised goals: overall better shape/stronger. bulk up the upper body and to burn fat in the thighs.  I'm hoping pushups, situps and eating well will help the first, and playing fast-paced basketball 3 times a week for an average of 2-3 hours each time will help with the latter.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:02:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Dont forget the inclined pushups(More shoulder and tricep and also upper chest)

Just use a chair to elevate your feet.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:04:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I shoudl add revised goals: overall better shape/stronger. bulk up the upper body and to burn fat in the thighs.  I'm hoping pushups, situps and eating well will help the first, and playing fast-paced basketball 3 times a week for an average of 2-3 hours each time will help with the latter.

You won't burn fat in the thighs without doing cardio.  You need more than 15 minutes to do cardio.  To burn fat, you pretty much need to do 20+ minutes with your heartrate above 70% of your max heart rate (roughly, 220-age).  So if you were 25, your MHR is 220-25=195.  70% of that is 0.7*195=137.  Because of this, yes, you should focus on strength in your mornings, and use basketball to do your cardio.  When you play ball, though, don't walk whatsoever during a game.  Jog in place, or jog slow, or run around, or whatever.  But keep your heart rate up.  For that long of a time, try to keep your heart rate over 100 for the full 2 hours (I have no idea what your resting heart rate is ...), and keep it over 140 for 20 minutes at a time, more than once if you can.

But to meet your listed goals, I'd stick with what I said last month, minus the jumping-rope:  

I'd wake up 30 minutes earlier, and get a real good workout.

Otherwise, I'd just do push-ups for the entire 15 minutes on mondays, abs the entire 15 minutes on tuesdays, jump-rope or similar for the entire 15 minutes pull-ups on wednesdays, push-ups again on thursdays, abs again on fridays, and jumprope again on saturdays.

since I changed "jumprope" to "pull-ups," and you don't have any equipment, I say this:  either use your door, and drag your body up the door, or go buy a pull-up bar to put in your doorframe or somewhere.

For actual workouts, try this:
2:30 as many as you can do, no resting
2:30 rest
2 min exercise
2 min rest
1:30 exercise
1:30 rest
1 min exercise
1 min rest
45s exercise
(total, 14min45sec)
For pushups, if you get tired, go to your knees and keep going the entire time.  For abs, do crunches or flutter kicks or something.  For pull-ups, prop your feet on a chair or something, or just don't go all the way up, if you get tired.  Just don't rest at all while you should be exercising, and don't let your rest-breaks take too long.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#20]
15 minutes is simply not enough.  Now, if you do a 15-min warmup before getting in the shower that's okay...granted...that you will do a full w/o when you get home at night.  Otherwise, you're just getting your blood to circulate in the AM pretty much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top