User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1 month update
First, here are my "before" pictures, taken on 26DEC2017 at 240 lbs.
Front https://i.imgur.com/JnIqBJw.jpg
Side https://i.imgur.com/v2pHYpR.jpg

It's been a month on keto and things are going well.  Down nearly 16 lbs in a month. The only minor setbacks were 2 back-to-back week-long conferences.  
Front https://i.imgur.com/tT7TlYn.jpg
Side https://i.imgur.com/BOcv5EF.jpg

I've been supplementing potassium by way of homemade "ketorade."  16 oz H2O, 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1/4 tsp of Morton's Lite-Salt, and 1 squeeze of Walmart liquid stevia.  I think it's good but my wife says it smells like death.  Oh well, no more leg cramps for me.  Also, eating cooked spinach twice a day helps.
I was doing intermittent fasting.  Started at 16/8, then moved to 20/4, but the conference schedule and my contention that breakfast is the best meal of the day have shifted my plans.  Now I pretty much just skip lunch and keep everything tracked on MyFitnessPal, which works for me.  I'll keep IF in my toolkit if/when I begin to plateau.

I'm doing a 6.5 Grendel build to keep myself on track this year.  At certain milestones I get to purchase new components for the build.  Currently I've got the lower and lower parts kit (thanks @JohnConnor, he's a cool guy).  Next up is a Geissele G2S.
View Quote
Great job man, really.

I'm having a hellacious time gaining weight. I was doing well until yesterday, when we just had an insane day and I ended up about 1k calories short for the day, even with almost a gallon of whole milk. Dropped 1.8# between 7am yesterday and 7am today. Sigh. Trying to figure out how to stuff more in my face given limited time.

Lifting is going well at least. Squatted 165# 5x3 on Thursday, and dead lift went up to 215. OHP and bench are at 70, moving to 75 tonight. Will likely fail squat and or dead soon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 1:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Age 35. Height 5'7". last weighed a year ago, I was 200lbs. Goals are to increase strength and lose weight. I've been away from the gym for a year and just got back in November.

This is what I looked like in 2014

This is what I look like taken a few minutes ago

I'd like to get down to where I have a flat stomach and I can see my abs, not sure what weight that would be. I do the Atkins diet. I'm in a wheelchair due to spina bifida at the L3 and L4 level of my spine. Both legs are inoperative, I can't walk, and both hips are out of the socket. The only standing I can do, is to transfer from my wheelchair to another surface and back. So I concentrate my workout routine on my upper body which I have full control over. I try to limit my time on machines and focus on bodyweight and freeweight exercises.
In your opinion should you be doing biceps and triceps on the same day or should you break them up?
Also, I'm in the gym 7 days a week. I follow the "don't work the same muscle groups every day" advice, so I'll do abs and back one day, shoulders chest and arms the next day, and just alternate. Since I'm limited to working my upper body only, is this a good way to split everything up or should I be doing something different?

all freeweight and bodyweight exercises are 45 reps total: 18 reps at the lightest weight, 15 reps at the middle weight, and 12 reps at the heaviest weight.

abs and back day consist of: The seated row machine (I also try to duplicate the movement with free weights because I realize the machine does part of the work for you). 30 reps at 80 lbs, 15 reps at 110 lbs. The ab machine where you grab the bars next to you which keep your hands up by your head, sit up straight and crunch forward from the top, down: 30 reps at 110 lbs, 15 reps at 140 lbs and the Ab-X bodyweight machine. A modified version of a sit-up: lay on your back on a flat bench, stretch your arms out above your head, throw your arms forward, simultaneously lift your head and shoulders off the bench, your back will come all the way off the bench. I also do pushups and decline pushups on a couple of benches pushed next to each other. I also do kettlebell woodchoppers and a kettlebell exercise where I put a kettlebell on the floor next to me, bend as deeply to the side as I can, grab the kettlebell handle and pull it into my lap to work the side abs. The kettlebell weights are 10 lbs, 15 lbs, and 25 lbs.

Shoulders chest and arms day consists of: dumbbell overhead presses, dumbbell chest press, tricep skull crushers and the siingle dumbbell behind the head and press it to the sky version, bicep curls, and dumbbell flys. I also do lat pull ups where I come completely (feet leave the floor) out of my chair or off the flat bench for a couple of reps. The dumbbells are 10lbs, 15lbs, and 20lbs.

Everyday I do kettlebell deadlifts, where I put a kettlebell by each front caster on my chair, bend over until my shoulders touch my knees, grab the handles, and explode back upright.
Almost forgot, I have a magnetic resistance Upper Body Ergometer (hand bike) at home for cardio, do that for 30 minutes
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Age 35. Height 5'7". last weighed a year ago, I was 200lbs. Goals are to increase strength and lose weight. I've been away from the gym for a year and just got back in November.

This is what I looked like in 2014
https://i.imgur.com/IHvT5CZ.jpg.

This is what I look like taken a few minutes ago
https://i.imgur.com/7gBwfJu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/I6X6qyK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7i7y53F.jpg.

I'd like to get down to where I have a flat stomach and I can see my abs, not sure what weight that would be. Don't know how much mass you carry in your legs but I would guess 160lbs. Maybe all the way down to 140ish. I do the Atkins diet. Does Atkins not count calories? I just perused the Atkins site some and it looks like they don't bother counting calories. To me its all about calories in vs calories out. The overall structure of the diet looks ok I just don't understand how they are not counting calories. I'm in a wheelchair due to spina bifida at the L3 and L4 level of my spine. Both legs are inoperative, I can't walk, and both hips are out of the socket. The only standing I can do, is to transfer from my wheelchair to another surface and back. So I concentrate my workout routine on my upper body which I have full control over. I try to limit my time on machines and focus on bodyweight and freeweight exercises. Can you utilize a pool at all?
In your opinion should you be doing biceps and triceps on the same day or should you break them up?
Also, I'm in the gym 7 days a week. Depending on what you're doing in the gym and for how long 7 days a week may be pushing it. If you end up at 6-7 days a week trying to maintain 8% body fat I can understand that but otherwise you gotta give yourself some time to rest. Is your chair motorized? If not has anyone done any studies to figure out how many calories you burn motivating yourself around in a chair? I follow the "don't work the same muscle groups every day" advice, so I'll do abs and back one day, shoulders chest and arms the next day, and just alternate. Since I'm limited to working my upper body only, is this a good way to split everything up or should I be doing something different? Have you searched around the net to see what other people in wheel chairs are doing? I don't know of any guys in wheelchairs personally but I've definitely seen some around and some of them are in EXCELLENT condition. I imagine you might be able to find someone who has 'been there done that' and can help get you on the right track.

all freeweight and bodyweight exercises are 45 reps total: 18 reps at the lightest weight, 15 reps at the middle weight, and 12 reps at the heaviest weight. Have you done much weight training in the past? Those descriptions just sound to me like you may be a bit of a novice. Like I said before maybe see if you can find someone that is in a similar position or bite the bullet and get a trainer for a few sessions.

abs and back day consist of: The seated row machine (I also try to duplicate the movement with free weights because I realize the machine does part of the work for you). 30 reps at 80 lbs, 15 reps at 110 lbs. The ab machine where you grab the bars next to you which keep your hands up by your head, sit up straight and crunch forward from the top, down: 30 reps at 110 lbs, 15 reps at 140 lbs and the Ab-X bodyweight machine. A modified version of a sit-up: lay on your back on a flat bench, stretch your arms out above your head, throw your arms forward, simultaneously lift your head and shoulders off the bench, your back will come all the way off the bench. I also do pushups and decline pushups on a couple of benches pushed next to each other. I also do kettlebell woodchoppers and a kettlebell exercise where I put a kettlebell on the floor next to me, bend as deeply to the side as I can, grab the kettlebell handle and pull it into my lap to work the side abs. The kettlebell weights are 10 lbs, 15 lbs, and 25 lbs.

Shoulders chest and arms day consists of: dumbbell overhead presses, dumbbell chest press, tricep skull crushers and the siingle dumbbell behind the head and press it to the sky version, bicep curls, and dumbbell flys. I also do lat pull ups where I come completely (feet leave the floor) out of my chair or off the flat bench for a couple of reps. The dumbbells are 10lbs, 15lbs, and 20lbs.

Everyday I do kettlebell deadlifts, where I put a kettlebell by each front caster on my chair, bend over until my shoulders touch my knees, grab the handles, and explode back upright.
Almost forgot, I have a magnetic resistance Upper Body Ergometer (hand bike) at home for cardio, do that for 30 minutes
View Quote
Expand that^^^ I tried to answer some of your questions.

I think in your instance you might want to start another thread and ask for weight training and exercise advice for a guy that is wheelchair bound. Not to say this thread isn't for you. But I think you could use some extra guidance in addition to what you find in here. I'm no expert. Hopefully some of that was helpful anyway. Good luck on your quest!
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#4]
oh thank you. I'll do that
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm rounding out this month with the flu

Plus side: I'm losing weight faster now lol
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm rounding out this month with the flu

Plus side: I'm losing weight faster now lol
View Quote
My son, one of my daughters, and my wife have it right now.....yuck!  I hope my other daughter and I escape this year!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
1 month update
First, here are my "before" pictures, taken on 26DEC2017 at 240 lbs.
Front https://i.imgur.com/JnIqBJw.jpg
Side https://i.imgur.com/v2pHYpR.jpg

It's been a month on keto and things are going well.  Down nearly 16 lbs in a month. The only minor setbacks were 2 back-to-back week-long conferences.  
Front https://i.imgur.com/tT7TlYn.jpg
Side https://i.imgur.com/BOcv5EF.jpg

I've been supplementing potassium by way of homemade "ketorade."  16 oz H2O, 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1/4 tsp of Morton's Lite-Salt, and 1 squeeze of Walmart liquid stevia.  I think it's good but my wife says it smells like death.  Oh well, no more leg cramps for me.  Also, eating cooked spinach twice a day helps.
I was doing intermittent fasting.  Started at 16/8, then moved to 20/4, but the conference schedule and my contention that breakfast is the best meal of the day have shifted my plans.  Now I pretty much just skip lunch and keep everything tracked on MyFitnessPal, which works for me.  I'll keep IF in my toolkit if/when I begin to plateau.

I'm doing a 6.5 Grendel build to keep myself on track this year.  At certain milestones I get to purchase new components for the build.  Currently I've got the lower and lower parts kit (thanks @JohnConnor and KateBrewster, they're cool people).  Next up is a Geissele G2S.
View Quote
Great work so far!

You’re a pretty alright guy yourself
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
30 y/o
5'10
196.2 lbs
Wearing 36x32 Levi 501 and large tee
Widest waist measurement is 40 inches
Goal: slimmer waist and larger arms (any tips for measuring my arms? Just bicep or should I measure other spots?)
Plan: paleo, weights 4x a week, light 1-2 mile jog every day with the dog first thing.

https://i.imgur.com/Osuft52.jpg

I was at 206 lbs this past July and got down to the low 180's by September with just a clean diet and one cheat meal a week. I'm disgusted I gained that much back but deserve it because I've been sedentary and eat a lot of cookies.

I think I'll take better pics with a more revealing wife-beater and a newspaper tomorrow.
View Quote
Feb update:

Top pics are Jan 2nd, bottom are today.
Attachment Attached File

Scale only says I'm down 6 pounds (196 to 190) but I've been hitting the weights hard and heavy so I hope there's some muscle gain in those numbers. My shirt's arms and chest feel tighter, and my pants are definitely looser in the waist. Widest part of my waist went down from 40 to 38.5. Here's to hoping for better results next month!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Great job!  I can really tell the difference!   Keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Had my wife take some update pics too. Started at 160# shooting for 180ish I guess, currently at 165# in a month. Currently trying to get down 6000 calories a day, getting just about a gallon of whole milk down. Anything under 5000 cal and I'm losing, 5500 maintains my weight.

Edit: squat is at 170#, overhead press and bench are at 75# and deadlift is at 245#.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And, the first time in my life I've had anything resembling biceps and shoulders.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Excellent job!
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:38:42 AM EDT
[#12]
It's quiet here. Keep up the work peeps!
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been trying to stay on track. Stopped working out and have been intermittent fasting trying to drop weight before hitting the gym. I'm down to about 177ish since my last post but I can do better.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:52:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 316lbs  (Feb 1, 2018)
Keto with IF

Goal is to be 250 lbs by the end of the year.

Link Posted: 2/15/2018 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Keto with IF

https://i.imgur.com/PeMsF3y.jpg
View Quote
If you're committed and stick to the Keto diet, I'm confident you will reach your goal. It definately made a believer out of me!
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you're committed and stick to the Keto diet, I'm confident you will reach your goal. It definately made a believer out of me!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keto with IF

https://i.imgur.com/PeMsF3y.jpg
The last time I did it I lost 70lbs in 5 months. This time I won’t be losing weight as fast because I’m not working on the drilling rigs.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:31:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Welp.... So much for progress. I was doing really good too up until a week ago

I'm going on day 4 in the hospital right now and just had a second surgery last night. I'll be out of the gym for a few more weeks.

It all started a week ago when my right buttcheek started throbbing. I thought maybe I just pulled it or something, but then a fever came on. A trip to the walk-in then ER didn't find anything (although they barely looked at my butt and brushed it off as a pulled muscle unrelated to the fever that was probably from a random virus). A follow up with my primary doc a couple days later led to the discovery of a huge infected abscess deep in my buttcheek!

I was hospitalized instantly because it was too deep and infected to lance there. 2 surgeries and 4 days later, I'm still in the hospital
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Welp.... So much for progress. I was doing really good too up until a week ago

I'm going on day 4 in the hospital right now and just had a second surgery last night. I'll be out of the gym for a few more weeks.

It all started a week ago when my right buttcheek started throbbing. I thought maybe I just pulled it or something, but then a fever came on. A trip to the walk-in then ER didn't find anything (although they barely looked at my butt and brushed it off as a pulled muscle unrelated to the fever that was probably from a random virus). A follow up with my primary doc a couple days later led to the discovery of a huge infected abscess deep in my buttcheek!

I was hospitalized instantly because it was too deep and infected to lance there. 2 surgeries and 4 days later, I'm still in the hospital
View Quote
Sorry to hear that man, hope you get to feeling better soon!
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:20:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear that man, hope you get to feeling better soon!
View Quote
Thank you. I'm doing much better now that I'm home, although my wife has to pull out the wound packing tonight... Definitely not looking forward to that!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#20]
2 month update: Halfway to goal weight!

Current weight: 214.5 lb.

Keto 2 month update

Staying the course, trying some different things when it comes to when I eat, but still doing keto and taking in the same number of calories each day (<1650 cal). 20/4 IF on days I work out (M,T,Th,F) is totally tolerable and makes it easier to get out the door on time. However I like cooking for my family so eating 3x a day is more enjoyable. Lunch is usually some cheese sticks wrapped in salami, quick and easy.

Hitting this latest goal allowed me to get a trigger for my 6.5 Grendel build, went with a Geissele SSA-E. My buddy had a coupon from SHOT Show so I got a screamin deal on it. Butter tube assembly and stock are next (210 lb).

I'm happy with how far I've come in my dumbbell training. Starting to hit the upper limits on the main exercises and I think I'll switch from moving up in weight to maintenance weight and focus on form (deeper squats, one leg deadlift).  I'll also begin emphasis on cardio, probably adding jogging 2x a week and sprints 2x a week.

In other news, we're in the process of closing on and swapping houses with a good friend so in a few days I'll have 5 acres to run around on. Very excited, gonna get #FarmStrong!
Yesterday was nonstop moving boxes and heavy things in the snow with friends, but I'm only slightly broke off today.

The rationale for starting the dumbbell training was to get a solid base and knowledge of a workout routine, buy some dumbbells and a bench, and not have to go to the gym anymore. Not entirely sure how that'll play out, but I'll continue with dumbbells regardless, muh support muscles.

Hope everyone else in here is moving towards their goals, I check this thread often to see how y'all are doing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Too late to hop in on this train?
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Never to late! Welcome!
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#23]
January 19, 2018
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Weight:197
Body Fat%: 33%
Bust: 45 in
Waist: 40
Hips: 48
RThigh: 24.75
RCalf:15.5
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#24]
February 24, 2018

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Weight: 194
Bust: 42.5
Waist: 39.25
Hips: 48
Thigh: 24
Calf: 15
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 8:38:50 AM EDT
[#25]
3 month update

Yoyoing around 210 this month for a variety of reasons (not excuses ).  
Trying to get to 200 before I turn 30 next month. Happy with what I'm seeing from my body, happy with what I'm doing in the gym.  Bought some new pants; even with a G19 IWB the old ones were getting too loose.  My regular shirts are starting to get "billowy".

Let's see some activity in this thread! I know the New Year's motivation has worn off but shit, get back on the horse and get to work!
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Good job and keep it up!

Still eating clean and drinking milk.....I'm up to 208 from 191.  I have added a little fluff, but it is necessary right now.  I want to be 225 by the end of June.  I am doing the H/L/M intermediate program.  I have starting incorporating front squats and high bar squats.  I am doing weighted chin ups with 27.5 lbs.  Getting stronger everyday.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#27]
NEVER MISS A MONDAY, GENTS!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 1:04:06 AM EDT
[#28]
4 month update

Down to 197 today, expecting to get to goal weight shortly. Going to adopt KetoGains Macro Calculator advice after I hit 190 and work on putting on muscle.

Hope all's well with everyone in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Been back in the gym for 2 weeks now after dropping 10lbs. I've been holding steady at 175 for about a month or two now. I feel like I'm already seeing progress 2 weeks in to hitting the weights.

Good work @mrpotatoheadsays

Keep it up folks! Here is an updated pic.

Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#30]
I've been a depressed lazy shithead this year and am disgusted with myself over the negative progress I've made this year since February. I'm actually UP 3 pounds since I first posted in here January

Well all that changes...NOW! I'm on vacation for the next week and spent this morning getting rid of all the shit food in my house. Meat, fish, eggs, fruit, veggies, and water are the only things going in this pie hole now (except for some adult beverages on the weekends or special events of course).

Steak and broccoli this morning, then it's off the the gym, range, and supermarket.

Edit: I'm up to 199 lbs and 41 inch gut this morning, from 190 lbs and 38.5 inch gut in February
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well all that changes...NOW!
View Quote
Just Do It

Life happens man, glad you're back with it. How's your ass btw?  How much of an influence did that episode have on your goals?

I hit my goal weight, 190 lb, a couple days ago. I've got a body composition test scheduled for Wednesday, will report back with results and new plans.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Good job guys and gals. I might join in on the fun.

I’m thinking about doing the 5x5 workout plan, with some cardio, and eating healthy.

I usually just eat a granola bar for breakfast, a chicken salad for lunch, and sometimes for dinner.

I think I’ll start eating a protein bar for breakfast, keep eating the chicken salad, and add a protein/recovery shake for dinner. I’m going to be working out right after work.

Any tips are welcome.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Checking back in.  Currently at 180#, eating to maintain for the time being  lifted for 2 months solid until the end of february, then had to quit, just felt like shit.  Got blood work done and discovered I had low T. Started treatment for that in mid April and started lifting a few weeks ago. Doing 5x5 for now and really enjoying it.  Also adding in accessory work each main lifting day and a bunch of core work on non lifting days.  Will get some pics soon. Current lift weights below:

Barbell squat: 145#
Bench press: 95#
OHP: 75#
Deadlift: 175#
Row: 90#
Weighted push ups: 15#

It's really amazing what having the proper amount of testosterone in your system can do for recovery and stamina. Takes me more and more each night to really get everything worked.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#34]
6 month update

Been out of the gym for about 3 weeks, my back went out again.  186 lb. this morning. New weight goal is 180 but I'll probably just see what the 170s look and feel like.

Body composition was 15% at 190 lbs, (i.e. normal). Might get it checked again at 175 if I get there.

Keep it up everybody, halfway there.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Got some pictures after working out tonight. Current weight 183#

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I have to say I'm rather proud of the development in my back so far. Starting to get the barest of pecs too.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Awesome job!
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#38]
8 month update

Down to 180, holding steady after getting back on keto hard. My brain and body feel absolutely amazing. Working my way up to 10x10 on all my exercises, minimal rest (15-30s).  Pretty light weight now but whatever, this is my new normal and I've got years to work up to the big boy dumbbells.  Cardio is just 15 hard minutes on the elliptical after every workout.

Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Great job!
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#40]
What the hell, I'll hop in. Started at the beginning of June.
Diet is probably most comparable to Paleo. High protein, lower carb. Protein shakes, vegetables, nuts, lots of lean meat, little bit of fruit. No bread, no pasta, little dairy.
Going thru a slightly modified version of P90X. Have used it to success in the past.

33 years old, 6ft 1in
1st photo, June 2nd, 214lbs
2nd photo, July 7th, 193lbs
3rd photo, August 4th, 185lbs

Down 3-4 notches depending on the belt. And in the latest photo I can finally see thinning in the neck and face despite the new beard. This month I have upped the calories to slow down the loss a bit and will be switching focus in September to be more about strength gains. Looking at switching into Stronglift 5x5, haven't done any serious weight lifting since college.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What the hell, I'll hop in. Started at the beginning of June.
Diet is probably most comparable to Paleo. High protein, lower carb. Protein shakes, vegetables, nuts, lots of lean meat, little bit of fruit. No bread, no pasta, little dairy.
Going thru a slightly modified version of P90X. Have used it to success in the past.

33 years old, 6ft 1in
1st photo, June 2nd, 214lbs
2nd photo, July 7th, 193lbs
3rd photo, August 4th, 185lbs

https://i.imgur.com/WhURKYX.jpg?1

Down 3-4 notches depending on the belt. And in the latest photo I can finally see thinning in the neck and face despite the new beard. This month I have upped the calories to slow down the loss a bit and will be switching focus in September to be more about strength gains. Looking at switching into Stronglift 5x5, haven't done any serious weight lifting since college.
View Quote
Impressive! Definitely start lifting again. SL 5x5 is a great start, just take it slow at first.

Don't have any new update pics, but here's a clip of me deadlifting 250#

250# dead

Edit: there are 2 videos there, the other is a 200# squat
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Some great work in here!
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 3:43:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Ok how do I post images?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DS84jfqVAAAG1sy?format=jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DS84kEYVwAAtKEO?format=jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DS84k4TVwAEfzqA?format=jpg
5' 11"
Goal: to lose a human also build strength
Sl5x5
Squat 275
Overhead press 115
Deadlift 330
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Update?

Doubled, and in some places tripled, my lifting weight. Still trying to get the food allergies worked out, which is causing tummy problems. Legs, shoulders, and back are all shaping up well, though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Keep up the good work
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#46]
January to now

June to now

Jan, feb, june, and now

Link Posted: 10/2/2018 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#48]
12 months of progress.

Still so far to go.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Starting weight 235 lbs
Weight today 179 lbs
Age 48

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#50]

27NOV2018 185lbs.

26DEC2017 240lbs.

Pretty damn happy with my results so far. Cutting again for the homestretch.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top