Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2017 3:00:36 AM EDT
Two weeks ago I made the mistake of doing deadlifts Sunday and played a double header of kickball Monday. I felt fine at the start of the game but after the first sprint of the first game both legs were on fire like I had been riding my bike all day or gone on a crazy hike.

Super sore to the touch and stretching is painful. I didn’t work out all week and took it easy. Had another double header tonight and the first time I kicked the balll my right leg hurt again. Left seems to be ok.

Should I be trying to stretch it and work it through it’s range? While it isn’t quite as bad as it was last week it still hurts to touch and massage.

Have a game next Monday and would like to be able to actually run and kick full power if possible.

Please help
Fat and broken.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:45:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Punch a wall and give yourself a boxer fracture.

Your quad will feel like heaven in comparison.

Alternate hot-cold on it, ask your spouse to massage it, use a foam roller.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Ouch. I read both ways on the massage/rolling. Some seemed to say let it start to heal first and others said do it.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t increasing the healing time.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ouch. I read both ways on the massage/rolling. Some seemed to say let it start to heal first and others said do it.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t increasing the healing time.
View Quote
using a roller is massage, you'll need to do it sooner rather than later
waiting doesn't help anything.  

next time, try using a foam roller before you [deliberately] exercise those muscles.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#4]
With muscle pain and muscle injuries, I swear by this stuff. It works really well for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Penetrex-Pain-Relief-Therapy-Breakthrough/dp/B0026HDURA

I also like the Solonpas peel and stick heat pads that you can get in the drug store. They warm the area up really nice and provide excellent relief.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I would guess that you pulled something, those tend to nag for awhile.

Stretch it well daily, take some Aleve or other NSAID, and poke around at it with some means of massage to help it heal faster.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would guess that you pulled something, those tend to nag for awhile.

Stretch it well daily, take some Aleve or other NSAID, and poke around at it with some means of massage to help it heal faster.
View Quote
That's what I am thinking too but having never done before I am not sure. I have been stretching it or making poor attempts to all day. I think it's helping but it sucks not being able to move it through it's full range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top