Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2017 1:25:16 PM EDT
We had to move for my wife's job and bought a house with a pool and a nice-sized poolhouse. Since I am being forced to live in the south, and sweat like a whore in church, we're going to put our (formerly) garage gym in the poolhouse, where its air conditioned.

But we don't want to completely surrender its use as a living/entertaining space. So I need some good ideas for incorporating one into the other.

Gym equipment is a Rogue R-3, bars, plates, and a rower. I've got horse stall mats to put everything on. The poolhouse has some shitty linoleum tiles in it right now. Think institutional flooring. I'm thinking of going with a good laminate.

Go nuts with ideas, guys.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#1]
With the R3 you're pretty much set for space saving, maybe a wall rack for bars and ceiling hanger for rower to stow it out of the way?  

What other use are you thinking, like guest room or just keep it neat and clean so your options are open?

How big of a space is it?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Bout 24' square. 10ft ceilings, but I may have to flush mount the fans currently in it.

I figure the gym stuff will take up just over a quarter. Maybe some divider screen or something, just to hide the rack when someone's staying there.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:15:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure what you're asking. Do you want advice on layout? Space saving equipment?
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I ripped up the shitty VCT tile and painted over the robin's egg blue "accent" wall.  It's the gray one now.  I'm thinking some type of light gray or tan for the rest of the walls.  

New fans installed that don't look like a bucket of smashed assholes with all the good ones picked out.  I may have to add some supplemental lighting.  They have built-in LEDs, but they don't put out quite as much light as the 6 old bulbs.  I might do can lights in the ceiling, they're easy enough.

Epoxy floor complete.  It looks like this.  I kind of don't want to cover it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2017 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
If your friends aren't entertained enough with a power rack and weights, I suggest finding new friends.

Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#6]
How are you going to entertain/shame your friends and colleagues with festavious challenges if you hide all the weights
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top