BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

Second is to double check the shit you are pouring against is actually attached to something.
View Quote

A contractor got killed here because of that. But it was his own fault.  He didn't brace the form good for a restaurant pour. And then his dumb ass went under it when the concrete was being poured.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By GUNGUY148:
My lady sent me this pic from last weekend, she says our arms are looking good.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228618/Screenshot_20220511-071540_Gallery-2379688.jpg

View Quote

My wife needs to get hers looking that good.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Broke
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

A contractor got killed here because of that. But it was his own fault.  He didn't brace the form good for a restaurant pour. And then his dumb ass went under it when the concrete was being poured.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Second is to double check the shit you are pouring against is actually attached to something.

I won't do deck pours, and I won't do overhead pours.

A guy I know did a deck for a hospital and they went over by like 15 yards. He didn't know what was going on, but had to keep going. The felt like the deck was bouncing when they were troweling and they pulled a string, it was sagging nearly 4" in the middle.

I told him I would have left the machines right there and walked off the site until it was cured, if they had just kept filling it the whole thing could have come down, luckily it was before lasers were in common use during pours and they were using grade pins.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
5 miles today pushing a stroller.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/20220510_100038_2_jpg-2378909.JPG
He got out for the last half mile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78pSyTPwsF4
View Quote

That's awesome!

I can usually sleep, I just can't wake up the next morning.

Picture this one one. A full wheelbarrow of colored concrete, falling through a basement window...into a finished basement. Basically a 6 foot drop....and of course I had plasticizer in it so it was pure soup.

I spent almost 4 hours running furniture up stairs so it could get washed, we had to fold up and pull out a rowing machine to wash it, then I had to bucket up all the concrete, wash the walls, the doors, the linoleum floor.

I was pretty much dead after that, it was 4 hours of pure blur, I can't believe I got it all cleaned up.

Luckily, the guys got the patio finished and the owners are the nicest people to walk the earth.

My traps were fucking killing me this morning.
View Quote

That really sucks man. The fact that you got it cleaned up is nothing short of amazing.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228618/Screenshot_20220511-071540_Gallery-2379688.jpg

View Quote

Insert obligatory "do you have permits for those guns" joke here.

My shoulder is doing better. I can do some halos up to the 35lb steel club. The nerve still isn't quite firing right. Now that the shoulder is a bit stronger, I can feel that it is also affecting down into the triceps. This makes sense from how the pain was. It worked from the shoulder, through the triceps, and down to the elbow.

Going to do some targeted work on all that next. Not being able to bench well is pissing me off, but I'll get there.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

That's awesome!

That really sucks man. The fact that you got it cleaned up is nothing short of amazing.

My shoulder is doing better. I can do some halos up to the 35lb steel club. The nerve still isn't quite firing right. Now that the shoulder is a bit stronger, I can feel that it is also affecting down into the triceps. This makes sense from how the pain was. It worked from the shoulder, through the triceps, and down to the elbow.

Going to do some targeted work on all that next. Not being able to bench well is pissing me off, but I'll get there.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:
5 miles today pushing a stroller.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/20220510_100038_2_jpg-2378909.JPG
He got out for the last half mile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78pSyTPwsF4

That's awesome!

I can usually sleep, I just can't wake up the next morning.

Picture this one one. A full wheelbarrow of colored concrete, falling through a basement window...into a finished basement. Basically a 6 foot drop....and of course I had plasticizer in it so it was pure soup.

I spent almost 4 hours running furniture up stairs so it could get washed, we had to fold up and pull out a rowing machine to wash it, then I had to bucket up all the concrete, wash the walls, the doors, the linoleum floor.

I was pretty much dead after that, it was 4 hours of pure blur, I can't believe I got it all cleaned up.

Luckily, the guys got the patio finished and the owners are the nicest people to walk the earth.

My traps were fucking killing me this morning.

When I ask her if she has a permit for those guns she's says "no way, I'm riding dirty"

So on your shoulder issue I get something similar that may or may not be what you're getting but here goes maybe it'll help. The pain starts in my rear delt back pretty far around where the lat meets it. It goes up and over my shoulder then flows down my tricep probably along the center head.

I believe it's tendinitis but I'm not doc, I found a fix on YouTube where you do the basic tricep stretch putting your arm behind your head with elbow up and pulling the elbow with your other hand. The kicker that fixed it was pushing my head back into my arm and it totally changes the feel and really make the tendon feel great.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#7]

When I ask her if she has a permit for those guns she's says "no way, I'm riding dirty"

So on your shoulder issue I get something similar that may or may not be what you're getting but here goes maybe it'll help. The pain starts in my rear delt back pretty far around where the lat meets it. It goes up and over my shoulder then flows down my tricep probably along the center head.

I believe it's tendinitis but I'm not doc, I found a fix on YouTube where you do the basic tricep stretch putting your arm behind your head with elbow up and pulling the elbow with your other hand. The kicker that fixed it was pushing my head back into my arm and it totally changes the feel and really make the tendon feel great.
View Quote

lol that's awesome.

I like that variation you mentioned with pushing your head back to get that better stretch. That feels good.

My issue really feels nerve related. I did some direct work to my triceps today. Each movement was the same result. The right arm is no problem, the left arm just doesn't respond correctly. I mostly worked single arm motions but did some two arm movements and tried to keep my mind on recruiting the left as much as possible. Sometimes it moves under load and sometimes not. The weight doesn't feel hard for the muscle either if that makes sense. Just going to keep targeting that shit and keep moving forward.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 3:16:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#8]

I won't do deck pours, and I won't do overhead pours.

A guy I know did a deck for a hospital and they went over by like 15 yards. He didn't know what was going on, but had to keep going. The felt like the deck was bouncing when they were troweling and they pulled a string, it was sagging nearly 4" in the middle.

I told him I would have left the machines right there and walked off the site until it was cured, if they had just kept filling it the whole thing could have come down, luckily it was before lasers were in common use during pours and they were using grade pins.
View Quote

I poured a deck once. I over braced it just to be sure I got no sag.  Pretty sure you could drop a bomb on it with all the rebar and wire I put in it.  It was also on top of 22 gage metal deck.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#9]

lol that's awesome.

I like that variation you mentioned with pushing your head back to get that better stretch. That feels good.

My issue really feels nerve related. I did some direct work to my triceps today. Each movement was the same result. The right arm is no problem, the left arm just doesn't respond correctly. I mostly worked single arm motions but did some two arm movements and tried to keep my mind on recruiting the left as much as possible. Sometimes it moves under load and sometimes not. The weight doesn't feel hard for the muscle either if that makes sense. Just going to keep targeting that shit and keep moving forward.
View All Quotes

lol that's awesome.

Ugh, sounds way less than awesome. Hope it all heals up!
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Ugh, sounds way less than awesome. Hope it all heals up!
View Quote

Thanks. Yeah, it is stupid. When it doesn't fire it sort of feels like how a muscle feels when you've gone to failure and it just won't move, unresponsive. But then all of a sudden it goes... then gets a case of the stupids again.

Gives me something to focus on to improve rather than whining about losing so much.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#11]
My shoulders are having a hell of a time with squats recently. Anyone ever used a safety squat bar? Seems like it may help a lot.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#12]
My shoulders are having a hell of a time with squats recently. Anyone ever used a safety squat bar? Seems like it may help a lot.
View Quote
An SSB and Duffalo-style bars are some of the best gym investments you can make. I never squat with a straight barbell anymore and my shoulders and elbows thank me.

For what it's worth I have the Titan version of both the Elite FTS SSB and Kabuki Duffalo bar, and the quality on those two particular items is more than adequate if you can't justify the cost from Elite FTS or Kabuki.

Between those two, the Duffalo-style bar is pretty much identical to a low bar squat. The SSB changes the weight distribution to something between a high bar squat and a front squat. Depends on what you want which is better.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jcatcg:
An SSB and Duffalo-style bars are some of the best gym investments you can make. I never squat with a straight barbell anymore and my shoulders and elbows thank me.

For what it's worth I have the Titan version of both the Elite FTS SSB and Kabuki Duffalo bar, and the quality on those two particular items is more than adequate if you can't justify the cost from Elite FTS or Kabuki.

Between those two, the Duffalo-style bar is pretty much identical to a low bar squat. The SSB changes the weight distribution to something between a high bar squat and a front squat. Depends on what you want which is better.
View All Quotes

I really try hard to buy usa as often as I can but yeah, it's a couple hundred more for the elite bar over the titan. I always squat low bar, it feels better with a lot of weight and I can squat more weight that style. It wouldn't bother me to change it up though, I don't really care anymore how much I'm lifting as long as I'm getting stronger.

One of the gyms I lifted at had a duffalo style bar, I used it a lot for bench but never even thought about squats lol.

Off to do some more online window shopping.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Got a 4th place clean run at the Cola Wars.  Not bad for doing 0 cardio and not nearly enough shooting.

It was all standing shooting and the targets were really small.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Got a 4th place clean run at the Cola Wars.  Not bad for doing 0 cardio and not nearly enough shooting.

View Quote

Congrats. That's good stuff man. Have a bunch of fun?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Everybody's different so I can only speak for my experience but I had the titan bison bar and I hated every freaking second of that thing. Granted I squat high bar, and always have so maybe my shoulder mobility is just "there" but I have tried both an SSB and a curved bar and honestly couldn't stand it. YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Sweet!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:20:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By therex:

Everybody's different so I can only speak for my experience but I had the titan bison bar and I hated every freaking second of that thing. Granted I squat high bar, and always have so maybe my shoulder mobility is just "there" but I have tried both an SSB and a curved bar and honestly couldn't stand it. YMMV.
View All Quotes

I'm going to try to find a gym with one for these very reasons. I'd hate to spend a bunch on something I hated.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
Just for clarity, the Bison bar was Titan's v1 and by all accounts universally sucked. The Yukon is their v2 and is a completely different animal. My only real complaint is that I wish the knurling was a little more aggressive.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Just for clarity, the Bison bar was Titan's v1 and by all accounts universally sucked. The Yukon is their v2 and is a completely different animal. My only real complaint is that I wish the knurling was a little more aggressive.
View All Quotes

8' long

I'd probably knock holes in the walls wielding that around.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Yeah. It was a lot of fun. Tons of new guys and girls came to this one.  

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

This is good info, I was not aware because I swore them off after.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Nicely done!

I would puke and keel over early. Still haven’t added the conditioning that I know I need to add.

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By grady:

Nicely done!

I would puke and keel over early. Still haven’t added the conditioning that I know I need to add.

View Quote

It's fine.  Just show up. You will have a good time either way.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Tried the #2 CoC gripper yesterday on a whim, closed it pretty easily on the first time with my right hand.

Left hand still sucks but what are you gonna do?
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Tried the #2 CoC gripper yesterday on a whim, closed it pretty easily on the first time with my right hand.

Left hand still sucks but what are you gonna do?
View Quote

Nice, I have a trainer and a number 1. Those are plenty for me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Coolest thing in this thread!  Well done man
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Swole!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Nice. Maybe one day my kid will get into it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Pretty sure I had Rona again.  That was fun. The head aches are almost gone.  Was like flue this time but with mild rona symptoms. I slept for 1 days then just felt like crap for a week but was still able to work.  Everyone else probably has it now.

Had to finish a job on time though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Awesome!

Pretty sure I had Rona again.  That was fun. The head aches are almost gone.  Was like flue this time but with mild rona symptoms. I slept for 1 days then just felt like crap for a week but was still able to work.  Everyone else probably has it now.

Had to finish a job on time though.
View Quote

I think the world moved on to monkeypox over the weekend. So you should be good to go. Hopefully you are feeling better.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#33]
138.5lbs for 4 on OHP. That's the most weight I've had on the bar since I hurt myself in January and dropped my training maxes 10%.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Awesome!

I think the world moved on to monkeypox over the weekend. So you should be good to go. Hopefully you are feeling better.
View Quote

Feeling good today.  Going to do some bench later.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Feeling good today.  Going to do some bench later.
View Quote

That's what we like to hear!
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm taking a few days, maybe a week off. I've been lifting 5-6 days a week and I'm finding out I am to old for that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MAbowhunter:
138.5lbs for 4 on OHP. That's the most weight I've had on the bar since I hurt myself in January and dropped my training maxes 10%.
View Quote

Nice work.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm taking a few days, maybe a week off. I've been lifting 5-6 days a week and I'm finding out I am to old for that.
View Quote

I'm lifting one day a week and feeling too old for it lately.

I had to show the boys I was stronger than them on Saturday morning though, so I'll call it a kind of sort of workout.

We had to get 4 foot panels out of a hole and I just started heaving them. Neither of them could do, middle aged man strength go.

Neither of them saw me having to do mobility and massage later that night though because my back was tight.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Did 5x5 205 bench just to work back into it.  Then some pull-ups followed by a run.

But really started sweating bending injection lines.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:54:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GUNGUY148] [#40]

I had to show the boys I was stronger than them on Saturday morning though, so I'll call it a kind of sort of workout.

We had to get 4 foot panels out of a hole and I just started heaving them. Neither of them could do, middle aged man strength go.

Neither of them saw me having to do mobility and massage later that night though because my back was tight.
View All Quotes

You'll show them what's up.

I'm pouring a 16x30 pad later this week. My wrists hurt like hell already from tying rebar and mesh. Everything will hurt after dragging the concrete around.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Did 5x5 205 bench just to work back into it.  Then some pull-ups followed by a run.

But really started sweating bending injection lines.
View Quote

My first thoughts were of fun chemistry then I remembered Mercedes diesels
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:54:31 PM EDT
[#42]

My first thoughts were of fun chemistry then I remembered Mercedes diesels
View Quote

Yep just trying to replicate crazy German engineering.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 1:25:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thor] [#43]
I stepped on a 3" nail Sunday. Right between the balls of my foot. It went all the way in. Then poked out the top to saw hi. Completed a full leg session anyway, including 405 for reps.

Good news is I can't feel the pain in my foot. Bad news is that sentence should probably end with a "yet".

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:02:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Thor:
I stepped on a 3" nail Sunday. Right between the balls of my foot. It went all the way in. Then poked out the top to saw hi. Completed a full leg session anyway, including 405 for reps.

Good news is I can't feel the pain in my foot. Bad news is that sentence should probably end with a "yet".

View Quote

Oh fuck, that's going to be a recovery
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:20:54 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

I did a karate kick onto one when I was a kid.  I can still feel it sometimes.

Link Posted: 5/30/2022 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

That sounds like a bad idea. I wouldn’t do it again if I were you.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 7:23:58 AM EDT
[#47]
My new SS yoke bar is supposed to be delivered today

I was up and down ladders all weekend and my right knee is not happy about that, hopefully I can still try the bar out.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Had to skip this morning because I couldn't get my knee sleeves on. At least it's the deload week. Looks like I'm going to have to go up a size.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MAbowhunter:
Had to skip this morning because I couldn't get my knee sleeves on. At least it's the deload week. Looks like I'm going to have to go up a size.
View Quote

Gains or fat?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#50]

Gains or fat?
View Quote

Little bit of both. My lower legs are actually a little vascular. That it's hot and humid in my house and I was sweating just from stretching certainly didn't help. I was right between sizes and bought the smaller ones when I started having knee problems a few months ago. Needing bigger ones was just a matter of time.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top