Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm back, bitches. And injured.

"Rex," I hear you gasp. "What happened? Did you squat too heavy? Did you pull a deadlift wrong? Did you break your dong while Firing For Effect in your wife's Target Rich Environment?!?"

No, damn it all, I hurt my back from 11 hours on a fucking airplane. Got off the plane and noticed that the surface of my fucking left quad had gone numb. Gonna go hunt for a chiro I guess, it's been persistent, although it comes and goes, and I can reduce it with NSAID's.

Can you believe that shit? I always heard getting old was a trap but fuck, now I believe it.

Sidenote: Spain was fucking dope as hell, 7/10, would Iberian Penninsula again.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Broke Thread
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#3]

ARISE, THREAD! THREAD, ARISE!
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By therex:

"Rex," I hear you gasp. "What happened? Did you squat too heavy? Did you pull a deadlift wrong? Did you break your dong while Firing For Effect in your wife's Target Rich Environment?!?"

No, damn it all, I hurt my back from 11 hours on a fucking airplane. Got off the plane and noticed that the surface of my fucking left quad had gone numb. Gonna go hunt for a chiro I guess, it's been persistent, although it comes and goes, and I can reduce it with NSAID's.

Can you believe that shit? I always heard getting old was a trap but fuck, now I believe it.

View Quote
I did 12 hours in my truck last week and my lower back hurt so much by the end of the trip I thought I was gonna need a stretcher to get into the house.

I don't know how truckers do that every day, I would be in traction.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
I did 12 hours in my truck last week and my lower back hurt so much by the end of the trip I thought I was gonna need a stretcher to get into the house.

I don't know how truckers do that every day, I would be in traction.
View Quote
I hot shot solo from Houston to Northern CA nearly every year. It's right around 30 hours and I've got it down to three fuel/ golden grenade drop stops.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#6]
PR on squats tonight, 280# for 3. Moved easier than I thought it would. 315 is coming up soon.

Followed it up with 5x10 deads @ 225#, some ab work and some back accessories. Feeling really good.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
That's ok, I separated a rib during a restraint 2 weeks ago. Haven't been to the gym since. I have been able to run.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Garyindiane:
I just started and went in very sceptical. I started on March 12th and I'm down almost 15 lbs so far. It seems to really work for me and I feel much better!

The only downside so far is that every time I pick up a barbell it feels 20lb heavier than before. It is the strangest thing. The first week I kept checking to see if I miss loaded the bar. Lol

I'm going to keep with it for a while. As of right now I'm losing.5 to 1 pound everyday. I'm definitely noticing a difference in belly size.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Garyindiane:

I'm gonna for a month at least. Like I said, I don't want to be critical of something loads of people swear by that I haven't tried first hand (I am rather critical of it when people claim it's the only way or best way to lose weight). It's not like I mind eating extra bacon and eggs or more beef.

I'm curious to see how it affects work capacity and strength too.
I just started and went in very sceptical. I started on March 12th and I'm down almost 15 lbs so far. It seems to really work for me and I feel much better!

The only downside so far is that every time I pick up a barbell it feels 20lb heavier than before. It is the strangest thing. The first week I kept checking to see if I miss loaded the bar. Lol

I'm going to keep with it for a while. As of right now I'm losing.5 to 1 pound everyday. I'm definitely noticing a difference in belly size.
So things seem to be leveling out a bit, appetite is still somewhat normal, but energy levels seem to have straightened out, I feel about the same when I wake up as I do through the day and before bed.

I haven't been lifting in weeks because we can't seem to catch a break here, I was up all night with a 3 year old with a stomach bug, we just got over a nasty cold through the whole house, but my endurance feels like it's taken a hit. My oldest and I spread a few loads of manure in the gardens yesterday and it felt harder than it should have been.

I'm pouring a floor tomorrow, so that will be a good test, if I get wrecked while placing I might have to change things up.

I have been falling asleep much better though, so that's a plus.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
That's ok, I separated a rib during a restraint 2 weeks ago. Haven't been to the gym since. I have been able to run.
View All Quotes

How do you fix that? Just wait for it to pop back into place?
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I haven't lifted in a year because I tore my pec and my kids won't go the fuck to sleep.  Ruined my life. I need to get back at it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Nate7out:
I haven't lifted in a year because I tore my pec and my kids won't go the fuck to sleep.  Ruined my life. I need to get back at it.
View Quote
Where you exercising at the time and if so what exercise?
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#12]
protip: you can mix Bisquick and MyProtein Vanilla at about a 3:1 to 2:1 ratio and wind up with protein pancakes that taste exactly like regular pancakes. I'm still experimenting to find the optimal ratio.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#13]
According to GD, 2 US soldiers armed with a single pistol should have engaged 6 Mexicans soldiers armed with rifles and body armor

Link Posted: 4/23/2019 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes

Nothing to do for it.

After a couple weeks off I could still pull 455x5, X4, X3.

Im still gunning for 495x10 this year.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Posting in a dead thread where no one even lifts...
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:
View Quote
I lift all the time.  I'm just weak now from diet.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

I lift all the time.  I'm just weak now from diet.
View Quote
Seems like you've identified the problem.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
I still lift. I just suck at it.

Lack of sleep has been holding me back. Progress is brutally slow.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#19]
You guys who use alternate grip for deadlifts, do you switch up the hand that you supinate or just find your strongest grip and stick with that?

It seems that you’d get some imbalance if you stuck to the same side all the time.

I’ve always done double overhand but I’m getting to the point that grip might be a limiting factor. Hook grip kinda sucks so I will probably give alternate grip a shot on my next DL day.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 7:55:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By grady:
You guys who use alternate grip for deadlifts, do you switch up the hand that you supinate or just find your strongest grip and stick with that?

It seems that you’d get some imbalance if you stuck to the same side all the time.

I’ve always done double overhand but I’m getting to the point that grip might be a limiting factor. Hook grip kinda sucks so I will probably give alternate grip a shot on my next DL day.
View Quote
I saw a Q and A with Brian Shaw where he said he definitely noticed some imbalances after using an alternating grip for too long. He is a little different than average though, but his recommendation during that session was to stick with overhand as much as possible.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:56:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I saw a Q and A with Brian Shaw where he said he definitely noticed some imbalances after using an alternating grip for too long. He is a little different than average though, but his recommendation during that session was to stick with overhand as much as possible.
View All Quotes

So, switch hands on the alternate grip when the time comes? Switch on each set? Weekly?

I’ve never done anything but double overhand and now I’m getting to the point where the bar stretching out my fingers is becoming an energy leak that is keeping me from breaking it off the floor.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
I just started using straps when my grip goes out.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
I only use mixed on my last main set. The 531 app I use can be setup to tell you when to alternate if needed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
I do overhand as long as possible then alternate my switch grip for each set.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I've always used an alternating grip an never noticed an imbalence.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Nothing to do for it.

View Quote
Nice work.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By nyalaman:
Nice work.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nyalaman:

Nothing to do for it.

Nice work.
Thanks

You been trout fishing?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I hookgrip on deads until I can't, then go to straps

I hurt myself pulling sumo with a mixed grip. Torsional rotation.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:51:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By thormx538:
I hookgrip on deads until I can't, then go to straps

I hurt myself pulling sumo with a mixed grip. Torsional rotation.
View Quote
That's what I'm afraid of doing. I could feel myself twisting. And called it quits on mixed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#30]

That's what I'm afraid of doing. I could feel myself twisting. And called it quits on mixed.
View Quote
Same. I am not convinced that if you're not competing that double overhand until grip failure then straps isn't better for you all around.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#31]
I guess it’s time to order some straps before my next deadlift day.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#32]
I think the twisting aspect is more pronounced with sumo vs conventional, but yeah, I don't see the downside of straps in a general strength training scenario (versus competition).

Hook grip is great, just takes a bit to get used to. I'll usually hookgrip through 315, then switch to straps. Or if I'm doing 3x5 work sets at like 365 for example, hook the first set if I can.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#33]
I’ve been trying to stick with double overhand now that I’m getting into the 370 range.

I’ve done 340x7, 350x5, 360xx3.  But I can’t break 380 off the floor even though I managed 370 for a single over a month ago.

My calculated 1RM is 420, but I’m not anywhere close if I can’t budge 380. That’s why I’m wondering if grip might be my issue.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#34]

It seems that you'd get some imbalance if you stuck to the same side all the time.

I've always done double overhand but I'm getting to the point that grip might be a limiting factor. Hook grip kinda sucks so I will probably give alternate grip a shot on my next DL day.
View Quote
I alternate every set.

I try to to do it between days as well since I usually do an odd number of sets, but I'm not too strict on that.  Meaning I don't write it down in my training notebook and often forget.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm so small now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm so small now.
View Quote
You should eat more. It will fix that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:26:17 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
No.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#38]
No.  
View All Quotes

No.  
Well, it's your gains funeral.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:48:11 AM EDT
[#39]

Well, it's your gains funeral.
View Quote
It's true.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#40]
I can’t say much...I’ll be joining you soon. I said I’d work on not being fat when I got 4 plates, then I thought 5 reps, now I’m going with 5 plates. I’m getting a belly though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BASE:
I can’t say much...I’ll be joining you soon. I said I’d work on not being fat when I got 4 plates, then I thought 5 reps, now I’m going with 5 plates. I’m getting a belly though.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

I look so small. I don't think I can pull 5 plates right now If that's what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#42]
You have shrunk!

I’m up 80# since last September. I was sick and super skinny when I started though. I think I’ll just keep pushing for 5/6 plates and then maybe I’ll still be good for 4/5 when I loose the gut. Maybe. I’ll at least keep pushing until the easy gains dry up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By BASE:
You have shrunk!

I’m up 80# since last September. I was sick and super skinny when I started though. I think I’ll just keep pushing for 5/6 plates and then maybe I’ll still be good for 4/5 when I loose the gut. Maybe. I’ll at least keep pushing until the easy gains dry up.
View Quote
They keep coming if you keep eating.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#44]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20190504-180122_Gallery_jpg-934435.JPG

I look so small. I don't think I can pull 5 plates right now If that's what you are talking about.
View Quote
With those sandals and that hat you could be mistaken for a hippy

If you're doing keto, you got to take your bcaa's to keep your muscle.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:32:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By LoneCoyoteHunter:

With those sandals and that hat you could be mistaken for a hippy

If you're doing keto, you got to take your bcaa's to keep your muscle.
View Quote
Bang has those, right?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#46]

Bang has those, right?
View Quote
Yes it does!

Link Posted: 5/5/2019 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#47]
See I'm fine.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#48]
I’m back hitting single squats in the 335 range. Hoping for a 350 by July.

Haven’t been dedicated with my deadlifts so I’m sitting around 365. I can taste 405...

On the plus side, my wife started doing wendler with me a couple years ago and just hit 250# squat for a single. Pretty proud.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By LoneCoyoteHunter:

Where you exercising at the time and if so what exercise?
View Quote
Sorry, didn't see this before.  I was bench pressing.  Minor tear.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Is everyone cutting and doing P90X?

No post since the 7th.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top