BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
Lol, squat was 780. I know I had more in the tank just called it there to save energy. Bench was 525 and I pulled 725. I attempted 755 but just had nothing left at that point. I got it about 3 inches off the ground and my right glute just said nope. But I'm happy with the 2030 total. It was all multiply fwiw.
Next meet 800 squat should happen. Hell I've squated 700 plus about 225 in chains so there's no excsuse not to have atleast 800 next time. Bench, I'm not sure, with my lanky arms it's going to be the long haul. Honestly I'm happy every time I get 5lb on my bench, so next meet 530, lol. And deads in going to start working on hook gripping. My grip has always been solid but I think I can get my upper back alot tighter with a double overhead grip.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

Jeeze man. Talk about very few words for a lot of news! What were your numbers?!
Lol, squat was 780. I know I had more in the tank just called it there to save energy. Bench was 525 and I pulled 725. I attempted 755 but just had nothing left at that point. I got it about 3 inches off the ground and my right glute just said nope. But I'm happy with the 2030 total. It was all multiply fwiw.
Next meet 800 squat should happen. Hell I've squated 700 plus about 225 in chains so there's no excsuse not to have atleast 800 next time. Bench, I'm not sure, with my lanky arms it's going to be the long haul. Honestly I'm happy every time I get 5lb on my bench, so next meet 530, lol. And deads in going to start working on hook gripping. My grip has always been solid but I think I can get my upper back alot tighter with a double overhead grip.
Oh, FFS. I figured I’d wander into this thread and check out how the real Arf strong men are doing. Good for you, man, but holy shit.

What I thought was good progress looks like child’s play now. I’m impressed and depressed at the same time.

Back to the old, weak guy thread for me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:29:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grady] [#2]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:31:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#3]
Thanks all!

Originally Posted By nyalaman:
Congrats. I've noticed that for myself, a 2 week vacation is easy to rebound from - loosing no strength at all. At 3 weeks off, my strength is off when I return. After 4 weeks off, I am very noticeably  weaker.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Well, first day back in the gym after 3 weeks out. Just hit a few light snatches, then 5x5 squat, press, and some pushups, pullups, and situps. Just a little something to get loosened up. Fuck, I'm too old to take 3 weeks totally off.

Oh btw, I may have gotten married too.

Congrats. I've noticed that for myself, a 2 week vacation is easy to rebound from - loosing no strength at all. At 3 weeks off, my strength is off when I return. After 4 weeks off, I am very noticeably  weaker.
Yeah man. 2 weeks isn't bad at all, 3 weeks though is the line. It's rough. I'm not sure if I'm truly weaker or not, but fuck I'm sore and my lungs BURN doing any cardio.

FML.

ETA-

Oh and here's a pic of the new wife

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:48:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all!

Yeah man. 2 weeks isn't bad at all, 3 weeks though is the line. It's rough. I'm not sure if I'm truly weaker or not, but fuck I'm sore and my lungs BURN doing any cardio.

FML.

ETA-

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/45602/47446302_10103635285011688_9040538513174429696_o_-_Copy_jpg-770751.JPG
View Quote
Beautiful bride.  Congrats!

Did she lose her sight in an accident or was she born blind?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By kallnojoy:

View All Quotes
Thanks all!

FML.

ETA-

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/45602/47446302_10103635285011688_9040538513174429696_o_-_Copy_jpg-770751.JPG

Oh comon I'm super handsome. Just ask my mom
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
Ain't gotta be sighted to get hooked on that lifter hip extension. Only explanation for my wife saying "yes"...
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#7]
My blood sugar came back at 110 on my last lab, and GD wants to cut my toes off. No beetus, but I'm going to try to drop the sugar and breads. As clean as I eat, they really shouldn't be that high. I bought a Glucometer to test with.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all!

FML.

ETA-

View Quote
You guys look super happy together. Congrats!
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:
My blood sugar came back at 110 on my last lab, and GD wants to cut my toes off. No beetus, but I'm going to try to drop the sugar and breads. As clean as I eat, they really shouldn't be that high. I bought a Glucometer to test with.
View Quote
That’s crazy.  I’m curious what you find out, hopefully it’s an anomaly.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks all!

FML.

ETA-

View Quote
So,  my brother married his Russian girlfriend too.

Yall crazy.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:20:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#11]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Yall crazy.
View All Quotes
Thanks all!

FML.

ETA-

Yall crazy.
Are we though?!?!?

Just as a little glimpse about her here's two recent things that have happened- yesterday, she took her elderly neighbor to the doctor simply because the old lady needed help. Also, you can't see much of her dress, but her and her friend made it. I mean, bought fabric and made the dress by hand. Personally I don't think crazy is the way to describe hanging onto a woman like that Small things, yes- but I think it demonstrates something about her values and priorities.

BTW- It's always on people's minds, so I'll just say I know for a fact she's not just after a green card and that she's not a spy
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Are we though?!?!?

Just as a little glimpse about her here's two recent things that have happened- yesterday, she took her elderly neighbor to the doctor simply because the old lady needed help. Also, you can't see much of her dress, but her and her friend made it. I mean, bought fabric and made the dress by hand. Personally I don't think crazy is the way to describe hanging onto a woman like that Small things, yes- but I think it demonstrates something about her values and priorities.

BTW- It's always on people's minds, so I'll just say I know for a fact she's not just after a green card and that she's not a spy
View Quote
She have any kids?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#13]
She have any kids?
View All Quotes

Are we though?!?!?

She have any kids?
Nope, no kids, never married. 29 yo.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
Well, you are less crazy.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes

That's probably a fair statement, I am a little crazy
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Are we though?!?!?

View Quote
I really feel bad for young people, the odds of getting a well grounded spouse of either gender is getting bad.  I've heard that eastern Europe is about a generation or more behind ours, but I'm not quite sure to tell my son to go to college in Romania just yet.  He's only 16, so maybe I'll be ready to tell him that in a few years.

Congrats on getting a good one.  How do you like Russian food?  My sister taught English in Moscow for a year and came home and made us a bunch of Russian food.  They think tomato catsup is spicy living dangerous stuff...  Boring food overall from my limited experience.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SCW:
I really feel bad for young people, the odds of getting a well grounded spouse of either gender is getting bad.  I've heard that eastern Europe is about a generation or more behind ours, but I'm not quite sure to tell my son to go to college in Romania just yet.  He's only 16, so maybe I'll be ready to tell him that in a few years.

Congrats on getting a good one.  How do you like Russian food?  My sister taught English in Moscow for a year and came home and made us a bunch of Russian food.  They think tomato catsup is spicy living dangerous stuff...  Boring food overall from my limited experience.
View All Quotes

Are we though?!?!?

Thanks! Yeah, the world view of someone that was born in the USSR, saw it fall, then lived in Russia under mafia rule is VERY different from someone who grew up the center of the universe.

I love Russian food. Her mom made me rabbit once, good goulash is a thing of beauty, and love blini and dumplings. You're right though- we learned quickly that California spicy and Russia spicy are NOT the same. She told me she liked spicy food so I gave her my favorite hot sauce and I look over to see her eyes watering, face red, and sweating

All in all, it's good though. Georgian bread (hachipuri) is incredible too and that is pretty common in Russia. She made us herring in a fur coat one time though...we all had mixed feeling on that one

Herring in a fur coat

Now to stay on topic, I did a clean and jerk complex yesterday. Back is tight, but slowly getting back into the swing of things. A couple more weeks and I should be gtg again I guess.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#18]

That’s crazy.  I’m curious what you find out, hopefully it’s an anomaly.
View Quote
Yah. It's been on the high normal side in the past. But this time it was over normal. But I guess my A1C is ok (5.4), so I'm not pre diabetic. Glucometer came today, so I'll start testing through the day to see how I score. I've eaten pretty much full tard keto for the last few days. I'm expecting that to help. Hell of a headache today. Maybe from not enough salt/ electrolytes? I'm not skipping chest day.

I was talking with the doc a little about my lifting and my progress. He asked if the testosterone was helping. I told him the truth. It's liquid Jesus in an oil form bless by Arnold to bring gains. He sent me out with a slip at 1cc 2x a week. Three refills... So I guess it's time to blast.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Yah. It's been on the high normal side in the past. But this time it was over normal. But I guess my A1C is ok (5.4), so I'm not pre diabetic. Glucometer came today, so I'll start testing through the day to see how I score. I've eaten pretty much full tard keto for the last few days. I'm expecting that to help. Hell of a headache today. Maybe from not enough salt/ electrolytes? I'm not skipping chest day.

I was talking with the doc a little about my lifting and my progress. He asked if the testosterone was helping. I told him the truth. It's liquid Jesus in an oil form bless by Arnold to bring gains. He sent me out with a slip at 1cc 2x a week. Three refills... So I guess it's time to blast.
View Quote
That sounds like fun!
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
That will work!
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Finally hit a PR (Rep PR). 165 x 5 PUSH PRESS. Joker set. 165 is my TM. Lol.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Five more lbs and I have a 315 bench.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
That didn’t take long.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 8:25:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Been hitting the gym 2x per week and making some progress. My days of heavy squats and deads are done though.....my lower body is to wrecked to handle it.

Its definitely time to cut though……to many cmas and Thanksgiving carbs

The office where I work is full of old women and they are always feeding me.....its going to be tough to say no
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
Rock out!
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 8:28:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks all!

FML.

ETA-

View All Quotes
Thanks all!

Well, first day back in the gym after 3 weeks out. Just hit a few light snatches, then 5x5 squat, press, and some pushups, pullups, and situps. Just a little something to get loosened up. Fuck, I'm too old to take 3 weeks totally off.

FML.

ETA-

Congrats again man!

So are more kids in your future?
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 8:54:12 AM EDT
[#27]

That didn’t take long.
View Quote
Only like 5 years.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By GUNGUY148:
Congrats again man!

View All Quotes
Thanks all!

FML.

ETA-

Congrats again man!

ehhhhh....

We'll see
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Only like 5 years.
View Quote
Oh, darn. I forgot to put the sarcastic emoji in. There.

For the record, I now can bench exactly half of what you can without my spine impinging and losing feeling in my left leg and foot. Finally back over one plate. So I win.

I'd like to work my way back up to 225 bench. And I'd really like to be able to rep some heavy dumbbells on incline for no other reason than it just looks cool. Getting the strength to push the should be easy, it's getting the weights from a rack to the bench without looking like a bitch and dying will take some work.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#30]

ehhhhh....

We'll see
View Quote
As the SD&F forum overpopulation contributor, GO for it!  lol

I need to start an overpopulation thread in GD.  Plenty of derp to get some traction there.

My knee is still really temperamental and I can't figure out what it wants.  One day I'm squatting like mad and feeling awesome, the next I'm wrecked with pain at 135lbs.  I did manage a triple at 375 again the other day but suffered afterwards for a couple of days.  I've had a terrible head cold for a couple of weeks and haven't done much besides stare at Arfcom in a Nyquil haze, so maybe the lack of movement tightened the knee back up.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Oh, darn. I forgot to put the sarcastic emoji in. There.

For the record, I now can bench exactly half of what you can without my spine impinging and losing feeling in my left leg and foot. Finally back over one plate. So I win.

I'd like to work my way back up to 225 bench. And I'd really like to be able to rep some heavy dumbbells on incline for no other reason than it just looks cool. Getting the strength to push the should be easy, it's getting the weights from a rack to the bench without looking like a bitch and dying will take some work.
View Quote
Any progress is progress.  I keep trying to tell the older guys at the gym that if they'd just focus on squatting without weight they'd feel better.  They want to do dumb things with no purpose when in 6 months of real purpose they could feel 10 years younger.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#32]
ehhhhh....

We'll see
View All Quotes
Thanks all!

FML.

ETA-

Congrats again man!

ehhhhh....

We'll see
Rot row!

She'll hold you in at some point
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#33]
That will work!
View All Quotes

That will work!
One can hope. I might gift myself a Concept rower for my birthday to help with... cardio.

I might as well structure this next phase as best I can. I need to get more cardio conditioning in. I’m up to 17% bodyfat, and I need to be down around 15.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Merry Christmas boys!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Christmas day workouts are best workouts!

Oh and Kaik, stop being weak.  Get 315 today.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Awesome Titan Fitness...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:
Christmas day workouts are best workouts!

Oh and Kaik, stop being weak.  Get 315 today.
View Quote
I'm spending Christmas sick. I didn't even do squats yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Stop buying poor people equipment.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#39]

I'm spending Christmas sick. I didn't even do squats yesterday.
View Quote
I've had a head cold since Thanksgiving, it gets almost better then takes a dive for the worst, up and down for a month.  I managed to squat 405 for a triple today, but I intended to also do some OHP and my head felt so bad after the pressure from squats and I just quit.  Still, a triple at 405 was as good as I've done in a long while, and I think I could have got 4 or 5 on a good healthy day.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#40]

I've had a head cold since Thanksgiving, it gets almost better then takes a dive for the worst, up and down for a month.  I managed to squat 405 for a triple today, but I intended to also do some OHP and my head felt so bad after the pressure from squats and I just quit.  Still, a triple at 405 was as good as I've done in a long while, and I think I could have got 4 or 5 on a good healthy day.
View Quote
4 at 405 is a orm of 450 and 5 is 465.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Stop buying poor people equipment.
View Quote
Why buy Rogue, when I’m front squatting nothing

I didn’t know the poor people equipment company would give my info to Russia.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 8:48:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#42]

View Quote
I hear you. I'm about tired of being sick.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Why buy Rogue, when I’m front squatting nothing

I didn’t know the poor people equipment company would give my info to Russia.
View Quote
China going to China.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Merry Christmas guys
Attachment Attached File

Congrats RoG!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Merry Christmas guys
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG1021_JPG-785869.JPG

Congrats RoG!!!
View Quote
Baby weights!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#47]

That's my goal for 2019.

Got to 275 this year.  Taking a few weeks off to reset and move the gym to the other side of the garage for more space... then it's back on.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#48]

That's my goal for 2019.

Got to 275 this year.  Taking a few weeks off to reset and move the gym to the other side of the garage for more space... then it's back on.
View Quote
Woo
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#49]

That's my goal for 2019.

View All Quotes

That's my goal for 2019.

Me, too. Bench is my only good lift. I’m at 275 3x5 and would love to be able to do 3 plates like that.

I’ll save any talk of my other lifts for the weak, old guy thread.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#50]
I hit a PR of 185 on bench today, and I'm happy as last time I was only getting 165. I did try first on the bench press machine deal (These deals) but wanted to try it on a barbell. I tried that first because I don't run a spotter, and they don't have safeties on the bench.

Still feel good about it, and it's on the way to 2 plates!
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top