Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 5/15/2002 5:40:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/15/2002 7:18:29 AM EDT by Avalon01]
Here is a bit of a back story: I have a heart condition, so I have never been a very physical person. No P.E. class when I was in school, no running around as a kid, no riding a bike, basically no exercise. Over the years I kept putting on weight, and had gotten a bit over 350 pounds. I had trouble breathing and my heart condition was getting worse. I was in pretty bad shape. I started to walk around my basement since I was too embarrassed to go outside or go to a gym. I would walk a few laps and then get tired. I joined a "count your calories" program and tried to eat less. I kept at it, and I could eventually walk around outside and not tire out. My girlfriend(fiance now) was ecstatic that I was just walking around. I have kept at it for a couple of years and as of this morning I was at 230 lbs (my high school weight!!). Still a bit round, but I'm 6'1" so it's not too bad. I would like to be around 200, or at least look good naked! It has taken me quite a bit of time to loose the weight since I can not really get my heart pumping. I do have to credit my fiance, since she has stuck by me no matter how big I got over the years. No particular reason to share, I'm just happy with myself. Av.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:45:10 AM EDT
keep at it my brother. congratulations on the weight loss. i too have a heart condition that manifested itself after a full military career.[b] heart attack!![/b] <-- painful! dont let that happen to you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:02:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:09:00 AM EDT
Avalon01, That is FANTASTIC!! It takes a lot of determination to stick with a health improvement program that long. I don't even know you and I am proud of you for starting a program and sticking with it to your goal, even with your obstacles. Good Job! As far as trimming down to 200lbs., have you talked to your doctor about a weight lifting program? Maybe as long as you didn't overdo it? (That will help you look good nekked too!)
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:19:54 AM EDT
Congratulations! And kudos to your fiance for being so supportive, too.... [:)] I was thinking weight training, as well. The more muscle you develop, the more calories you burn overall. Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:44:21 AM EDT
Congrats!! That's really awesome, and you should be proud.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 11:44:42 AM EDT
Thanks for all the support. It has been a long hard road. nichcon: I have just started working some very light dumb-bells into my exercise routine. The doc said it would be OK, he's been monitoring my progress closely since I started. Again, thanks for the kind words, and see you at the BRC! Av.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:26:53 PM EDT
Congats! The key is to always keep pushing yourself to improve. Never "settle" for any particular state of fitness. Funny...I'm trying to get UP to 230lbs.[:D]
Top Top