Ok this most likely will happen today and will force all the sites to come down for a bit.
Quick list of changes:
1) Totally new design.
- Screenshot shown a few weeks ago in the GD.
- The interface is much less graphic intensive and a bit of a throwback to the old site. I've tried to set it up so that all the tools and functions are right at your fingertips the entire ride, while actually taking up less space than the current design.
2) Integrated site navigation.
- I've added a nice SiteNavigator button right into the design where you can pull up the site you want to jump to and go.
- Automatic login active. So if you use the site navigator to visit the Handgun site and you're logged into AR15.Com, you will hit that site running without needing to log in.
3) Cleaned Forums
- Typical cleanup that occurs every upgrade. A few minor things that most people wont even notice.
4) Report Problems/Threads tool
- Integrated at the bottom of every page are four function keys. Print and forward will come on line shortly, but REPORT and TOP are active now. Report will simply send the staff a notice of a problem post or page. If more info is needed other than the link, a staff member will then contact you via IM or EMAIL.
(Top takes you to the top of the page!)
5) Improved Speed on Dynamic Menus
- Cleaned up some code to speed up the loadtime of the dynamic menus. May or may not wish to use them, but should help some who were lagging up because of them.
6) Totally redesigned admin tools
- Ok this is for the staff, but they need loving too. This should make life easier for you guys since ALL the tools are now integrated into one simple to use and informative control panel.
- This will also help us quickly respond to everything going on at the site!
A number of changes will still need to be completed as many things are not yet moved into the new look. (Mostly font changes.) These will occur as the days progress.
Expect this to happen sometime today with a short notice in the GD before it happens. (15 mins min.)
Chat will remain online through this process.