Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2017 5:01:58 PM EDT
I know muzzle device changes can change your POI and harmonics, but can they change which ammo your rifle likes? I recently installed a brake and my rifle seems to like gold dots and mk262  less, but FGMM groups shrunk in half. Is this my inconsistency as a shooter, or the brake?
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The brake. Read up on the concept of optimum charge weight OCW.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#2]
When I put a brake on my 24" Grendel it went from slightly over 1 moa to mid .8moa. My Magnetospeed also shrunk groups when attached. 
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, weights on barrels can help settle/change the harmonics of a barrel quite a lot. It's a common phenomenon with suppressors too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#4]
With a thread protector, my Krieger 6.5cm loved 140eld-m.

It shot 130gr bergers almost as well.

With a PRC brake, 140s are all over.  130 bergers are lasers.

I'm going to give the 147s another try this weekend.  At longer distances, I want the better bc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top