BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Atlas vs. Harris (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
As they say, this thread is relevant to my interests...

Is an Atlas overkill on a 10/22? My guess is it would be 90% on the 10/22 and the rest of the time maybe on an AR.

I hate the look of the Harris as it looks like a screen door with those springs.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want a cheap knockoff of an Atlas for a light weight .22lr get a green blob off amazon. They’re decent for the money.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nemsis:
If you want a cheap knockoff of an Atlas for a light weight .22lr get a green blob off amazon. They’re decent for the money.
View Quote
They're ok.  No cant feature and the rubber feet are too hard (won't grab the shooting surface as well).
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had both and I'm sticking with the Atlas.

The spring loaded legs are quick on the Harris, but can be a pain.  They can fully deploy with even a quick press of the tabs. Setting the Atlas is more deliberate.

Both lock right to my rail. I did not have a QD on my Harris bipod, but with a GG&G stud mount everything was good. I did get the ADM QD mounts on my Atlas bipods. I like the tension knob setting on the Atlas. Mainly because the pod lock was another thing to get hung up on something. The pod lock I went with and would again are the items from T-Nutz. They make a nice accessory at a good price. The tension on my Atlas' have been set and I haven't touched them since.  I actually like the pan ability. I find for me loading the Atlas faster and easier.

The Atlas' are to me really well made.  I'm not saying the Harris isn't,  just different construction and machining with the Atlas.  The downside to the Atlas products are cost.

Either works, just depends what you want to spend and what "you" see as what is our works better for "you".
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I just picked up a GG&G..... first NON Harris bipod for me.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Atlas vs. Harris (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top