Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2017 1:40:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: konger]
I missed the boat on a new Conquest when they were closing them out. I kept saying I was going to pull the trigger, but always bought something else. Now that they're gone I was looking for a close replacement. I stumbled onto a conversation on another board and a poster claimed the Meopta Meopro 3-9x40 is the same as a Zeiss Conquest. True, false or plausible? I called Meopta and a rep wouldn't confirm or deny. Kind of hinted that they might be the same scope.

Any other recommendations besides the Meopta in that price range? I'm looking for a 2-7, 2-8 or 3-9x scope. MUST HAVE 4" OF EYE RELIEF. Not 3.1"-4.0", but an honest 4.0" on the high setting. My current scope on that rifle is a Vortex and the eye relief is too short which causes me to crane my neck when wearing heavy hunting clothes. Truth be told, the length of pull on most rifles is too long for the average consumer, but that's another thread.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:59:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#1]
Originally Posted By konger:
My current scope on that rifle is a Vortex and the eye relief is too short which causes me to crane my neck when wearing heavy hunting clothes.
View Quote
Have you considered repositioning the scope - move the scope in the rings and/or move 1 or both rings?  Or is that not viable?

Translation:
Truth be told, the length of pull on most rifles is too long for me...
View Quote
I'm 5' 7" and find the average manufacturer's stock is too short for me...  and I don't (usually) talk about it, I just find a way to adapt.  Having said that, the LOP doesn't have a lot to do with your ability to find the correct scope position above your action...
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Reorx:
Have you considered repositioning the scope - move the scope in the rings and/or move 1 or both rings?  Or is that not viable?

I'm 5' 7" and find the average manufacturer's stock is too short for me...  and I don't (usually) talk about it, I just find a way to adapt.  Having said that, the LOP doesn't have a lot to do with your ability to find the correct scope position above your action...
View Quote
The scope is riding in DNZ one piece bases/rings. The front ring is almost touching the bell, so no.

I'm a little taller than you, but most rifle stocks are too long once you start layering on clothes. Most rifle stocks are too long for the average hunter wearing heavier clothing, but everyone just adapts. That doesn't make it correct. A longer eye relief would work well for me with this particular setup.

LOP has everything to do with your ability to properly mount and acquire your sights or scope picture.

No comments on the Meopro or a different suggestion?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 2:17:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#3]
LOP has everything to do with your ability to properly mount and acquire your sights or scope picture.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Of course but LOP as a general rule doesn't prevent you from putting the scope in the correct position so that when you shoulder the rifle, the scope sight picture is good.

No comments on the Meopro or a different suggestion?
I'm totally unfamiliar with Meopro and my ability to google is probably about the same as yours...
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Meopta was the OEM for the Zeiss Conquest couple of years back. Zeiss now is using a local German factory to build the Conquest scope (Optronica?)

The new MeoPro is basically the same Meopta build Zeiss Conquest, but has Meopta's reticles and turrets instead. It runs about $800.

I tested their MeoPro 4.5-16x44 w/ BDC reticle and OEM Kenton Industries turret. It's a nice optic and I had no problem shot it out to 1000 yds.

Btw, Zeiss is updating their Conquest line to the new V6 series:

Zeiss V6 models preview  

I think those is build by Doctor Optics? Which is an off-shoot of Zeiss Germany anyways.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a votex hd 1.5-8x32 that has fairly good eye relief. Not quite 4 though.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Drifter75:
I have a votex hd 1.5-8x32 that has fairly good eye relief. Not quite 4 though.
View Quote
I just looked it up. Pretty close.

Price and weight is what would dissuade me from buying the Vortex. At $750, the Vortex is $350 more than a Leupold VX3 2-8. That just doesn't make good economic sense to me. It also weighs 3oz more than the Leupold.

I think I've made my decision.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Leica ER5 are on sale right now. Beats out everything mentioned in this thread optically.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top