Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2017 8:51:41 AM EDT
I bought mine in July and its already broken.  Well, to be fair, I think the rangefinder is fine, its the app that is complete and total garbage.  The RF won't sync with any of the four devices I tried it with.

Bushnell support seems to care less (three different emails over several hours time returned by three different members of their staff, seems like my emails just find their way into some automated support queue that assigns them out to random service people, and seemingly not in the USA either I might add, unless they have employees with extremely unusual names).  Last I heard, and I quote, "We know there are issues with the app and we have no ETA on when they will be fixed."

Amazon reviews reflect the same, reviews elsewhere reflect the same.  Its a great rangefinder, I hit a mesquite tree at 1461y the other day for example.  But the app is what allows you to adjust all the settings (brightness, meters/yards, etc) in addition to the Kestrel/phone sync stuff that seems gimmicky but reviewers say works well.... When it works.

Just curious if anyone has one, has had bluetooth problems with it, fixed those problems, etc.  Or if anyone has an "in" with Bushnell and has any idea if they even care about this product line at all, or if they're just writing it off.  I also get the feeling they've probably contracted out the app development and aren't doing anything in-house with it, so its beyond their control.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 3:10:22 AM EDT
[#1]
No one else is using this RF?  Or having issues with the software?
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 6:00:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nihilsum] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tucansam:
No one else is using this RF?  Or having issues with the software?
View Quote
Using, but having no problems communicating with kestrel or phone.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:47:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Mind if I ask what kind of phone?
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one and it seems to be crap.  I cant range a cliff face at more than 600 yards
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#5]
i have one and i used the app a few times, it seemed to work well. i got disconnected a couple of times but where i shoot cell service is iffy...The range finder works well for me but I have yet to range reflective targets at a mile. The best that I can get is around 1450 but for a $260 rangefinder I am happy with it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top