Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Sig Sauer Tango6 3-18x44 (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/17/2017 4:09:57 PM EDT
Any firsthand reviews of these yet?  The 3-18 is 12.38" long and 36.7oz.  I've found them just under $1,500 a couple places.  

TANGO6 3-18X44 MM
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.opticsplanet.com/sig-sauer-sot63002.html
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of the first gen 3x18 dig scopes.  It is lighter than the new gen by 4 or so ounces.  They are long and heavy but clear glass with low CA.  I have not boxed my scope to make sure the tracking works due to time and new rifle issues.

I paid 635ish for my scope.  I believe that I will run out of elevation based on my velocity so I ordered a 20 moa scope mount.  know issue for the gen 1 scopes was the lack of turret vertical adjustment.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Why on earth did they decide to make these scopes grey?

But folks seem to like this scope and i never heard anything bad about them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 4:40:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#4]
DVOR has the gen1's at a ridiculously low price...  I'm very tempted...
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Just ordered one, $650 from DVOR.  Optics Planet has the same model for $900...

SD9-RS-SOT63002

https://www.dvor.com/sig-sauer-tango6-3-18x44-riflescope-mrad-millingillum-reticle.html
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Sold out now, got my shipping notification, anyone else bite?
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:32:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I just got a gen 1. I am an optics snob and this is great glass. For the money it is the best deal going. WOW!
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By huck:
I just got a gen 1. I am an optics snob and this is great glass. For the money it is the best deal going. WOW!
View Quote
Good to hear mines on the way
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:19:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#9]
Got mine in, and it sure is great glass, especially for the $650 I paid for it, new, unopened from DVOR
Before this I was looking at a $1k Burris XTR2 4-20, but I think I made the right decision.
Turrets feel great, side focus is dead on, etc.  I even like the color.

Waiting for my 20MOA mount, I'm not gonna put extra ring marks on it with my leftover PEPR when I won't get a chance to shoot it this weekend anyway...
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, the glass is very good on that particular scope.  I have one on my 18" grendel.  I love how low the CA's are on high contrast targets.  The x18 can be a little tight for the eye but is not impossible to shoot.  The turrets are nice but the vertical change of 21 mrad is well below the competitors at the original prices of over $1500.  The illumination is very good and can be seen in the daylight.  I wish it was not as long and heavy as it is but for the price it was one of the best deals I bought in recent time.  Optic planet had them on sale for $679 with discount code and free shipping before they sold them out in a few hours.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:16:39 PM EDT
[#11]
If anyone looking for one at Opticsplanet, I just got one for $719 using the 10% code from this post Optics planet codes.

I've been sitting around shopping for scopes since power went out after the hurricane, and I've looked at a ton of them. For my price range that is the best deal that I could find. I also considered the XTR II 4-20, Athlon Ares 2.5-15 and some others but really good deals were scarce. I considered the deeply discounted Weaver Tactical 5-30x56 but it's just too heavy and I don't need that much magnification. The only thing I don't like about Sig is that the "infinite" warranty doesn't apply to electronics. I hope it turns out to be a smart buy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Are these FFP or SFP?

Referring to the older 30mm tube.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:12:51 AM EDT
[#13]
FFP.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:13:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Lennyo3034:
Are these FFP or SFP?

Referring to the older 30mm tube.
View Quote
This one is FFP.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:24:50 AM EDT
[#15]
So, I was planning on getting a Vortex Viper PST II 5-25x50 (Have a line on one new for ~$ 980) for my 6.5 Tikka. Now I'm considering save a couple hundred and getting this. Any ideas on how they compare?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:54:57 AM EDT
[#16]
The glass on my sig scope is some of the best I've seen anywhere.  I would put it ahead of the vortex. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#17]
With their return policy, I ordered one and figure if I don't like it then I can send it back. My PST II arrives tomorrow so I can see side by side which I like better. I'll sell the other.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I received mine a few days ago and it does have some of the best glass that I've seen, but I've also never looked through extreme high end optics, with the exception of an old USO scope that I had for a short time. It is very bright and has excellent resolution at the limited distance I had available. The turrets in mine are very solid and tactile, but also quiet. The zoom ring, etc. is very smooth. It feels high very high quality. The one thing that bugs me is the futuristic look of it, but that's kind nd of petty of me, and it's growing on me. I thought about returning it, but there is nothing else readily available that compares, for the price that I paid, or several hundred higher. When my new rings come in I want to make sure it tracks correctly and then I'm set.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone have any pics of their Tangos yet? I'm thinking about getting one.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice looking setup!
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 3:00:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#22]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Nice looking setup!
View Quote
(not mine...)

I've got mine in this mount, maybe I can get some pics tonight.

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/nikon-products/mounts-and-mounting-rings/black-cantilever-mount-(20-moa-slope).html
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I meant through the glass but that works too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#24]
On my 18" .308

Won't bother with reticle pics, it's great but my cell phone camera doesn't do it justice...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Here is mine
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:23:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: strat81] [#26]
How about some feedback on how they work?

Mine is en route and I need to live vicariously through you.  

ETA: It's here.

Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#27]
What's the glass source?  Where are these made?  I was looking at the weaver 6-30, but I don't like the reticle and they're very heavy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#28]
36.7oz is pretty close to the Weavers weight.  Maybe buy the Leupold MK 6 if you want to save weight.
https://www.natchezss.com/leupold-mark-6-rifle-scope-3-18x44mm-34mm-front-focal-h-58-reticle-matte.html
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By WI_Bill:
What's the glass source?  Where are these made?  I was looking at the weaver 6-30, but I don't like the reticle and they're very heavy.
View Quote
Japanese made.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:21:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jaqufrost] [#30]
Originally Posted By strat81:

Japanese made.
View Quote
I think LOW makes the higher end SIG glass as well as Weaver/NF/Razor/high end Bushnell.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#31]

I think LOW makes the higher end SIG glass as well as Weaver/NF/Razor/high end Bushnell.
View Quote
It wouldn't surprise me.  

For those that are confused: Link

What does that mean?  Many optics companies aren't manufacturers.  They have a set of specifications and subcontract to a manufacturer such as Light Optical Works who actually builds the scope. Alibaba.com has plenty of Chicom manufacturers ready to send you 200 scopes with your label on them.  

That doesn't mean all of the scopes from the same factory are the same.  The OEM can design certain parts and provide the design to the manufacturer to actually produce.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#32]

It wouldn't surprise me.  

For those that are confused: Link

What does that mean?  Many optics companies aren't manufacturers.  They have a set of specifications and subcontract to a manufacturer such as Light Optical Works who actually builds the scope. Alibaba.com has plenty of Chicom manufacturers ready to send you 200 scopes with your label on them.  

That doesn't mean all of the scopes from the same factory are the same.  The OEM can design certain parts and provide the design to the manufacturer to actually produce.
View Quote
Absolutely. LOW makes some really nice glass, but I believe they also make some lower end stuff like regular SWFA's.  The manufacturer gets what they spec and just because LOW built it doesn't mean the glass is great.  They definitely have the capability if the manufacture specs it though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Absolutely. LOW makes some really nice glass, but I believe they also make some lower end stuff like regular SWFA's.  The manufacturer gets what they spec and just because LOW built it doesn't mean the glass is great.  They definitely have the capability if the manufacture specs it though.
View Quote
That's the thing about Asia, everyone says China is crap, but they can build just about anything you want, you just have to spell it out and not leave anything up for interpretation.  Full tolerances, specs on everything.  If they can take shortcuts, they will.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Any one selling the GEn 1 3-18x44 models - in search of one
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#35]
I put one on my Barrett and I love it.  So far it's handled the abuse without breaking a sweat.  Unfortunately the bit of fiber in the raised edge on the zoom ring is so big that it hits the rear BUIS so I had to flop it back out of the way which looks a little janky, didn't want to have to get a new set of taller rings just for that.

Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:48:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
Why on earth did they decide to make these scopes grey?
View Quote
Some are made in black now. I fondled a black one and I was very impressed with it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:24:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Everyone still happy with their gen1 versions?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 10:11:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Click2Boom:
View Quote
Quite happy.

I really wanted a Tango6 5-30x but the $1,800 price tag made me hesitate.  Ended up with a Weaver Tactical 6-30x56 that I got for under $800 LNIB.  Glass is pretty close, with the edge going to the Tango6.  No locking turrets on the Weaver either.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quite happy.

I really wanted a Tango6 5-30x but the $1,800 price tag made me hesitate.  Ended up with a Weaver Tactical 6-30x56 that I got for under $800 LNIB.  Glass is pretty close, with the edge going to the Tango6.  No locking turrets on the Weaver either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quite happy.

Sweet, i just picked up a gen1 3-18x44 for a huge deal  (i think)

I've Never looked thru it, but i couldnt pass at the price offered (open box special)

This will be my first nice   "big" scope.  Much excite.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#40]

I've Never looked thru it, but i couldnt pass at the price offered (open box special)

View Quote
I paid around $750-$800 for my Tango6 and it really spoiled me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Feels good, man!

It seems like it has an awesome feature set, Japan LOW glass, and though ive never looked thru one, it is talked fondly about on searches on here and snipershide, etc.

Shopping for scopes is hard, you just have to guess if you'll like something, then pull the trigger!

...im excited to have a new capability!  In reviews and comparisons online, it is talked about in the same category as NF, Razor HD, higher end Leupolds, etc...   at the price point i got, i am very excited to look through it!

I plan on putting this on an AR15 for now, are there any mounts that you recommend, or do not recommend?  (Given the shape/size/etc)

I got the 30mm version, i read that it's best to have a 20moa mount.   Does the optic have a forgiving eyebox?  Good/bad scope shadow? How much cantilever action do i need to make it fit on an AR?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Feels good, man!

It seems like it has an awesome feature set, Japan LOW glass, and though ive never looked thru one, it is talked fondly about on searches on here and snipershide, etc.

Shopping for scopes is hard, you just have to guess if you'll like something, then pull the trigger!

...im excited to have a new capability!  In reviews and comparisons online, it is talked about in the same category as NF, Razor HD, higher end Leupolds, etc...   at the price point i got, i am very excited to look through it!

I plan on putting this on an AR15 for now, are there any mounts that you recommend, or do not recommend?  (Given the shape/size/etc)

I got the 30mm version, i read that it's best to have a 20moa mount.   Does the optic have a forgiving eyebox?  Good/bad scope shadow? How much cantilever action do i need to make it fit on an AR?
View Quote
I think the glass quality blows away the Viper PST and rivals the Razor HD.  A friend, @jlficken, is a scope snob and I've had the pleasure of looking through his Razors and high-end Bushnells and the Tango6 certainly competes with them.  Eyebox is very good.  Gets cramped at 18x, but that's to be expected.

Both of my Tango6s (yes, I have two Gen1 3-18xs) are on bolt guns.  But, for an AR, I'd get a LaRue or Geissele mount.

Looking on LaRue's site, they package comparable scopes with the classic LT-104.  It's a 0 MOA mount, but that should easily get you to 600 yards with most calibers.  If you want/need some cant, the LT-158 adds 10 MOA and LT-745 adds 10 or 20 MOA.

The Super Precision mounts are nice, but spendy.  They offer more choices in height, cantilever length (extension), colors, etc.

Posting in either industry forum should give you some feedback.  I hate buying scope mounts because scope height is a personal preference.  A 1/10 of an inch can make a big difference in shooter comfort.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 11:29:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Click2Boom] [#43]
That Larue CANS for 130 bucks is pretty cool, but i figure it makes sense to have a canted base???

ETA - Are you guys using 20moa bases with the tango6?  I plan on using it on a .223 AR, shooting 223 as far as i can.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I have a 2nd Gen which is a 34mm tube and has more elevation.  I have it on a 20moa rail but even without it I'd have more elevation than my 308 could use.

Glass is great, reticle is melt your retinas bright, tracks perfect but it is heavy.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#45]
That Larue CANS for 130 bucks is pretty cool, but i figure it makes sense to have a canted base???

ETA - Are you guys using 20moa bases with the tango6?  I plan on using it on a .223 AR, shooting 223 as far as i can.
View Quote
.223 will run out of steam before needing a 20 MOA base.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
I paid ~$650 new, clearance on DVOR (Optics Planet deal site)
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

I paid ~$650 new, clearance on DVOR (Optics Planet deal site)
View Quote
Damn.  I stole mine, but you committed armed robbery.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#49]
I still love mine. I should have bought more of them.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Saw some DEMO versions of the Tango 6 gen 1 line on Optics Planet today.

I got my Gen 1 2-12 from them on Black Friday (new) and like it very much. Tempted to try and find a coupon code and ask about the DEMO models. They have the 2-12 and 3-18 on there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Sig Sauer Tango6 3-18x44 (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top