Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2017 1:08:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vortech347]
I recently sent my Elite 4200 1.5-6x36 back for warranty work.  Bushnell customer service returned it repaired and included a one time coupon for 30-40% off any item.  You just had to call them and order over the phone.

So I called and the rep asked which item I was interested in.

I told him this one:  LRTSi 4.5-18x44

The rep stated the higher the model the bigger the discount.  In the end the shipped price was $1,060 with a stated msrp of 2k.  So about 50% off msrp.

Online they are $1,500 everywhere.

I have a Legend HD 20-60x80 spotter with their ultra wide dispersion glass and it has very good image quality.  I'm assuming based on the LRSH reviews this scope will be very good.

I plan to compare it to my Viper PST 6-24x50 on my Stealth 10BA 6.5CM.  It will likely replace that scope and I can re-use it on a different rifle.

What say you that have used the LRHS or have seen the LRTS?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have only seen though one at a show-n-tell at a match. Did look through it a good bit at range. Was not displeased at all by optical quality. The pro-shooter that brought that scope and a bunch of other Bushy's was singing its praises. For the money, you flat assed scored. Be ecstatic with that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ballisticxlr:
I have only seen though one at a show-n-tell at a match. Did look through it a good bit at range. Was not displeased at all by optical quality. The pro-shooter that brought that scope and a bunch of other Bushy's was singing its praises. For the money, you flat assed scored. Be ecstatic with that.
View Quote
Yes, I was a bit surprised by the price and was not really in the market for a scope at this time.  But I could not pass that up.  I'll get to compare it to my Viper and Swaro Z3 later this week.  I suspect it will be closer to the Swaro than the Viper in quality.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought the 4.5-18x44 LRTS in FDE, no illum on that model.  I haven't shot with it yet but it the glass looks great and the turrets feel well made.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:
I just bought the 4.5-18x44 LRTS in FDE, no illum on that model.  I haven't shot with it yet but it the glass looks great and the turrets feel well made.
View Quote
When did you buy it?  I just saw a rebate form on Bushnell's site for 25% of the purchase price of any Bushnell product.  Here is the link.

Bushnell Rebate
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Vortech347:

When did you buy it?  I just saw a rebate form on Bushnell's site for 25% of the purchase price of any Bushnell product.  Here is the link.

Bushnell Rebate
View Quote
I ordered through experticity.com so that rebate isn't applicable.  I got a pretty good price for it though so I'm not complaining.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Vortech347:

Yes, I was a bit surprised by the price and was not really in the market for a scope at this time.  But I could not pass that up.  I'll get to compare it to my Viper and Swaro Z3 later this week.  I suspect it will be closer to the Swaro than the Viper in quality.
View Quote
I thought it was pretty darned good in my admittedly short look through and it was upside tons of other high end and mid-range optics on the show-n-tell table. It's definitely not in the class of the really high end $2k and up scopes but among scopes with comparable buy-ins I'd have one in a New York minute and never give it a second thought. I really like the turrets. Good grabbin' size, nice click feel and pretty low profile compared to the rest of the Elite line.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm digging the scope. Where are they made? (Country)
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Harv24:
I'm digging the scope. Where are they made? (Country)
View Quote
Japan at LOW.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I got one, had to send back for backward parallax numbers. HAVEN'T used it yet, but when I had it, it looked good. Nice turrets good clicks, nice reticle, glass is the best I have. I can't wait to get it back and run it. They could have sent a sticker, it's a known problem with parallax. I didn't want a sticker. It's the one good scope I own.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Stbob238:
I got one, had to send back for backward parallax numbers. HAVEN'T used it yet, but when I had it, it looked good. Nice turrets good clicks, nice reticle, glass is the best I have. I can't wait to get it back and run it. They could have sent a sticker, it's a known problem with parallax. I didn't want a sticker. It's the one good scope I own.
View Quote
As in when set to 50yds it was at Infinity backwards?  I got mine in last night and the parallax knob works correctly.  So far it appears to be a very nice optic but I won't be able to really compare until I get it mounted on a rifle.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes backwards. It was a known issue with some units. Not a deal breaker for me, they are taking care of it. They knew right away when I called on the phone. They said I could either get the sticker sent out or send in for replacement. I hadn't mounted yet so opted to send in. Been gone just over a week now. Got it from the ee.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I can't believe it's been 5 months since I got this scope and finally got to sight it in on my Creedmoor.

So far, I like it a lot.  The glass is really good and the controls work quite well.  The windage knob was very tight at first but loosened up when sighting in.  The power ring and other controls are very smooth.

Even in a poorly lit indoor range the scope was bright and clear and the eyebox on 18x was easy to get behind.  Not tight at all.  

I can't wait to get to shoot it outdoors.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I have this scope (picked it up back in March). I run it on my 6.5-284 long range deer rifle. I think its a very very good scope for the money. It has very good glass and I like the reticle (I went with the mil based one).  I am not saying that it is the equal to a Nightforce or S&B, but it is a great FFP scope for the money. The illumination feature is also nice, and is visible in daylight.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Just to chime in with another opinion.

I've been shooting the 4-18x LRTS (not illuminated) for awhile now.  But this past weekend I got to spend quite a bit of time behind it, a first generation Bushnell DMR, and a first generation Viper PST 24x.  To my eyes the Gen1 DMR was very close in glass quality but not quite as bright or sharp, and the PST wasn't even in the same league (not bashing on Vortex I've got the HST on another rifle and like it for what it is).  These observations were mirrored by the other guys I was shooting with as well.

Overall, seems to be a great buy @ the $1000 price tag and looking forward to seeing what you think once you get it out to some distance.

Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm glad a thread on this was started, called Liberty Optics a month ago regarding these scopes.   Looking to purchase this for a predator rig, have plenty of leased property for calling in coyotes. Can anyone comment if their using the LRTSI 4.5-18 x 44 for hunting?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:38:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ARLouinDelco:
I'm glad a thread on this was started, called Liberty Optics a month ago regarding these scopes.   Looking to purchase this for a predator rig, have plenty of leased property for calling in coyotes. Can anyone comment if their using the LRTSI 4.5-18 x 44 for hunting?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
View Quote
I am running mine on a long range deer rifle. I like it very much for that application. Its first focal plane, some dont like that feature in a hunting scope but it works fine for me. I wanted to keep the rifle fairly lightweight, and this scope offers great precision rifle scope features, without extra bulk.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the feedback, seems to have everything I want in a FFP scope; plus the price.   I can be indecisive at times, when it comes to purchasing a new scope.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I want to put one of these on my MK 12ish build.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 12:40:35 AM EDT
[#19]
For those that have this scope, did it come with a matching fed sunshade? And have you compared it to the DMR II?
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DerekT:
For those that have this scope, did it come with a matching fed sunshade? And have you compared it to the DMR II?
View Quote
Yes mine came with a sunshade and no and I have not compared to a DMR.

I have 4 higher end scopes that I own.  I have listed them below in order of glass quality to my eyes.

Swaro Z3 4-12x50
B LRTSi 4-18x44

tie - OG Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 and PST Gen 1 6-24x50.

I, also, have a Bushy Elite 4200 1.5-6x32 Firefly reticle scope that was $580 retail originally.  I got it on closeout for under $300 and that's the second best deal on a scope I have gotten.  It has very good glass and is fog free.  Only the great deal I got on my LRTSi trumps it.  And that was due to my 4200 going back for warranty because the front bell came unscrewed and it needed to be gas purged.  So Bushnell sent me a coupon for one product and gave me 40% off the LRTSi.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I pulled the trigger on one of these after agonizing over what I wanted to get... And Bushnell is running a 30% off rebate in the month of March.
Ordered from Liberty Optics...Can't wait....
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 4:30:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Igloo87] [#22]
I pulled the trigger on one of these after agonizing over what I wanted to get... And Bushnell is running a 30% off rebate in the month of March.
View Quote
That scope was hard to pass up @ $1130 delivered...

I got the Elite Long Range Hunter LRHS 4.5-18x 44mm in MRAD with the "donut of death reticle"...:-)

After rebate it should be about $790 for a scope that sells for about $1350...

I just typed in the UPC and the rebate works...
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By drmgallen:

I got the Elite Long Range Hunter LRHS 4.5-18x 44mm in MRAD with the "donut of death reticle"...:-)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I know...Right!!!!

For once I fall into a good deal on something I want....
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I just started shopping for a new scope and these are looking damn good. Not a lot of reviews though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Snaps:
I just started shopping for a new scope and these are looking damn good. Not a lot of reviews though.
View Quote
I've seen enough and they all point to a scope with really nice features, with glass that punches way above it's class... Made by Light Optical Works in Japan.
The turrets are very nice... love the G3 reticle and  as soon as the weather gets nice, its off to the range for zero and tall target/tracking test.
Everything I have read, they track right on the money...

For the price (even without the rebate) it was a great deal.... I have no regrets... and if anything is wrong.. I'm confident that Bushnell will stand behind it.

You have to decide what features you want, are looking for and a reticle that you like and then start to narrow them down.

The other scopes I was looking at were the Vortex PST II's... the US Optics B17 and the Burris XTR II 5-25.

The B-17 had everything I wanted, but the the price tag was pulling me down... looked at a used one for $1700

Lots of good info on the PST 2's and the price was good, but it was made in the Philippines and glass reports were back and forth...

Lots of shooters like the Burris, I have there 1-5x XTR2 on one of my AR's and like it a lot... another one made in the Philippines... Glass reports also go back and forth...

I was leaning on the Burris as I could get some used ones in the $800-900 range... but when I saw the price on the LRSTi and then the rebate.... it was a no brainer.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 12:55:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Just got my rebate approved...

Thanks again...Nice scope...
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
did you file online or paper/mail?

some people are saying online are being rejected and by mail you have to cut the UPC code out of the box and send it. true?..
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ra2bach:

some people are saying online are being rejected and by mail you have to cut the UPC code out of the box and send it. true?..
View All Quotes

I filed online...no problem...
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
damn I hope so but I'm still nervous.  a guy just came on SH and said they denied his rebate because the UPC did not match the ones for the rebate. said he tried online and then sent in paper claim. got an email denying them and then called - no joy...
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I sent mine in snail mail.... with the cut off code .... There web site say's they received it... I'm waiting patiently to see if they approve... the two folks I talked too told me they were accepting them... SO I'm feeling confident.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#31]
damn I hope so but I'm still nervous.  a guy just came on SH and said they denied his rebate because the UPC did not match the ones for the rebate. said he tried online and then sent in paper claim. got an email denying them and then called - no joy...
View All Quotes

Did he/she send in the rebate form that had the Tactical Elites not listed?

I actually bought an XRS II 4.5x30 in hopes of this rebate...sent in snail mail like the people on the Hide said to do...waiting to see...
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 10:11:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harv24] [#32]
I took a half day today to hit the range (hit 50 today) and was able to zero, play with my New (to me) Chronograph and did a box test and tall target test.

My Set up in .308

Tall target on the left was right on the money as I dialed up 10 mils

the Box test was off on the left side by 1 mil of windage and 1 mil of elevation (I made the box 3 mils....)
but it still looked good.

So I re-shot it....

and right on the money...

the scope was everything I was hoping it would be... and has met my expectations... I'm happy with my choice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 12:17:42 AM EDT
[#33]
I took a half day today to hit the range (hit 50 today) and was able to zero, play with my New (to me) Chronograph and did a box test and tall target test.
https://i.imgur.com/Vlbi2WQ.jpg
My Set up in .308

Tall target on the left was right on the money as I dialed up 10 mils
https://i.imgur.com/exFK46T.jpg
the Box test was off on the left side by 1 mil of windage and 1 mil of elevation (I made the box 3 mils....)
but it still looked good.

So I re-shot it....

https://i.imgur.com/0iJ96rP.jpg
and right on the money...

the scope was everything I was hoping it would be... and has met my expectations... I'm happy with my choice.
View Quote
Nice!

Too many people don't test their optics.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Not quite the same but I bought a LRHSi 4.5-18. it's pretty much the same scope but with a circle around the center of the reticle and capped windage. Pretty impressed with it so far. Up against a nxs F1 it doesn't seem to give up too much in clarity in the daylight. Haven't tried night time yet.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#35]
I wound up grabbing one of these for $749 shipped in FDE from a vendor.  I was about a week late or I could have gotten it for $699

I'm trying to decide whether to put it on my incoming FDE TRG-22 or swap it onto my Bighorn TL-2 and put the DMR II on the TRG-22...thoughts?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top