Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2017 1:06:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wile_coyote]
Damn,  I have to fly out tomorrow early with new items.

The CMC is installed in my Grendel,  but have not tried it.  I thought my trigger tech would not be here till Monday.  Nice being wrong sometimes.

Now I've got the two to try out even though I'm borderline with the CMC because of the way it fits. Should be an interesting range trip next weekend

New trigger looks good, hope that carries through to function.

Now what to do with the extra included pins...
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a thought in re your trigger quest. I do not recall you mentioning the Timney triggers. They have a system that uses a screw in pressure fit that has ZERO trigger cassette movement. Drop in the trigger, push the pins through and then tighten down set screws that press against the bottom of the FCG pocket.

I have a couple in ARs and they are the tits. Don't know if you have tried one yet. Just an idea.

That's the down side of the AR if there is one. There are so many excellent aftermarket options for parts and accessories that there simply is not, nor will there ever be one "best" xxxxxxx. Let me know what works in the long run.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 44-40pro:
I had a thought in re your trigger quest. I do not recall you mentioning the Timney triggers. They have a system that uses a screw in pressure fit that has ZERO trigger cassette movement. Drop in the trigger, push the pins through and then tighten down set screws that press against the bottom of the FCG pocket.

I have a couple in ARs and they are the tits. Don't know if you have tried one yet. Just an idea.

That's the down side of the AR if there is one. There are so many excellent aftermarket options for parts and accessories that there simply is not, nor will there ever be one "best" xxxxxxx. Let me know what works in the long run.
View Quote
Agreed... at the rate I'm going I'll probably end up with a Timney. Hahahahaha...

Need to stop with the triggers at some point. I've got two other builds in progress to spend time on.  Reminds me,  I have to go get me FFL to send their certificate for one of the lowers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top