Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2017 10:00:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 021411]
The build started out as a Colt 6920. I stripped the stock barrel and slapped in a Rainier Arms Ultramatch 16" (previous version) barrel. Today's session was to tune the gas block and establish zero on the Burris XTR II 2-10x. I used a SiCo Harvester with the Area419 Hellfire mount.

American Eagle 55gr was used to tune the gas and also to establish zero. Once I got the zero down, I made final tweaks with Magtech 77gr OTM.

In total I blew through about 80 rounds with no break in procedures or any special process. I ran a bore snake through the barrel before I fired the very first round and that was it.

Rainier guaranteed sub MOA with match ammo on their Ultramatch which it delivered. I'm happy with the results so far.

Counting pulled shot (I called it)

Not counting the pulled shot

Another pulled shot during zeroing process. Could have been a nice group if the one I pulled was in that cluster.

Best group during the zero. The single shots you see were not well placed. They were for the gas tuning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top