Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2017 1:38:00 PM EDT
Who makes a decent side charger 308 AR upper for a reasonable amount of money?
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By BB:
 for a reasonable amount of money?
View Quote
nobody
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#2]
JP.

Oh wait.  You said reasonable.

I have one of their side chargers in 223.  Not all they are cracked up to be.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#3]
problem I'm trying to solve is getting a good cheek weld. either the optic is too high, and I need a riser that blocks my charging handle or I have to use super low mounts and scopes with small obj. The stocks with risers that dont interfere with the handle are too far back and require a long LoP.
Kinda tired of half-assed cheek welds. Maybe its just the way it is with ARs.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:49:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kaos] [#4]
G10 308 Side Charging Upper Receiver – Right Handed      $349.99

– GIBBZ Arms Patent Pending Left Side Charging Handle– Works with LR308 / DPMS Gen I lower receivers– Compatible with DPMS Low Rail Height handguards– Non-reciprocating with detent to keep the charging handle forward during operation
– Uses all LR308 and most Custom AR10 Bolt Carriers without modification

ETA: Now it becomes an issue of finding something like this with an 80% lower as part of the package.

Matched set - so fitment becomes no issue between upper/lower, otherwise you're going to have to figure it out:

G10 Receiver Set – Right Handed  $619.99
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top