Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2016 5:03:46 PM EDT
Who like's long rails?  I like long rails.  But how do you get data with your Magnetospeed if you like long rails?  (And you're cheap so you bought the sporter, no rail adapter)

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice! Is that your new LW rig?
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it is

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I was about to post my solution as well. I'm putting some pictures together but I have a solution that will accommodate rails and suppressors with the sporter.

Soon
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RANGER_556:
I was about to post my solution as well. I'm putting some pictures together but I have a solution that will accommodate rails and suppressors with the sporter.

Soon
View Quote

Does you solution fix the issue with the Sported model not being usable with a suppressor?
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ironmaker:

Does you solution fix the issue with the Sported model not being usable with a suppressor?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Soon

Yes.

Well, in theory anyway. It hasn't been tested yet.

When I get the "fix" just the way I want it I'll post it here and in the reloading section.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Yes.

When I get the "fix" just the way I want it I'll post it here and in the reloading section.
View All Quotes

Soon

Yes.

Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 7:59:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By wesr228:

Looking forward to it!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wesr228:

Soon

Yes.

Looking forward to it!

Me too!
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't tell from the picture what you did.  Did you replace the FH with a short bloop tube or cover the FH with something?   I almost pulled the trigger on a sporter last week but held off because if just this issue.  How big a diameter will the sporter handle?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I guessing it's just a long threaded tube or piece of barrel like a fake supressor
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Here you go.  I turned this bloop tube out of 17-4 stainless.  I made 2, one threaded 1/2-28 and one 5/8-24.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Ah!  Such a simple yet elegant solution. Thanks for posting the pictures.  Wish I had access to and knew how to use a lathe.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice!
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 11:10:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#16]
Well, two reasons. I develop loads for accuracy regardless of actual velocity, and I really then only get velocities to plug into my drop calculator and to check ES and SD.  The second reason being I've not had good luck with "any" chronograph being consistent or reliable as the magneto speed and won't pony up for an oehler.  A lot of wasted time and energy and powder getting poor data from a shooting chrony.

So until I decide to buy an oehler or Labradar , this is what I've got.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I just ordered a magnetospeed. Last range trip I saw my velocity jump almost 200 fps by moving my rifle to the right by one inch.

Total waste of ammo. I'm very disappointed with my caldwell.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Well, two reasons. I develop loads for accuracy regardless of actual velocity, and I really then only get velocities to plug into my drop calculator and to check ES and SD.  The second reason being I've not had good luck with "any" chronograph being consistent or reliable as the magneto speed and won't pony up for an oehler.  A lot of wasted time and energy and powder getting poor data from a shooting chrony.

So until I decide to buy an oehler or Labradar , this is what I've got.
View Quote

These are the reasons that I bought one.

Time and frustration saved has been well worth the price of admission, and I've only had it on two range trips thus far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top