Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2017 12:22:08 PM EDT
So I'm finishing up ordering all my parts to put together a Bergara BMP rifle in 6.5. I'm putting on a 6-24 viper via a seekins rail and rings. I'm wondering if anyone has had to bed a scope rail on a B14 action? If so any advice would be great. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:09:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPD1515] [#1]
I also used a Seekins Rail / Rings and it fit perfect, no bedding on my BMP .308
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:30:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spill] [#2]
Used a badger on my BMP that has the recoil lug on it.  Didn't bed anything.  Over 1200 rounds through it and still perfect zero on my razor gen 2.  I also have the 34mm vortex matched precision rings which I believe are really seekins made.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I bed bases whether they need it or not. On the BMP I used XLR base and rings, bedded and also lapped the rings. No stone unturned. But it didn't need done necessarily. To be fair I bedded a Badger and lightly lapped ARC rings on my last precision rifle too. It's not difficult to do..
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Ended up not having to bed it. Everything looked good to me. Got the 6-24 viper sitting in the seekins made vortex rings on top of a seekins 20 MOA base. Also added a Griffin taper mount for my Recce 7. Just waiting on my accutac bipod to come in now.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I use Devcon Steel Epoxy to bed every scope rail I installed. Even my 10/22 rails are glued and screwed in place.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine just arrived today. Looks like with the shim they provided its going to be about perfect. I may still remove the shim and bed but a quick rough up with my base doing the 1 screw in the front then rear showed a minor rear gap with the feeler gauge but that shim they provided is about the perfect size. I may not bed and shoot just to see how it goes and if I'm not happy with the results can always bed later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top