Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2017 2:59:55 PM EDT
About a year ago I bought a .308 Remington 700 which was advertised as the Police model (albeit quite cheap).

I advertised it for sale recently only to be told by someone that it's not a police model.

I sent Remington an email with the serial number etc and have never heard anything back from them. Are any of you guys able to help?

26" bbl HS Precision stock

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a 700VS.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep varmint synthetic.

I think the only difference is the stock. The P version also has an H-S stock but it doesn't have that paint drizzle and it has a palm swell.

Pretty sure the barrel profile and twist are the same but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah.....or maybe a Sendero. Can't tell by pics.

Police models say "Police" on side of action.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:25:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FALARAK] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PraesulPresul1:
Yeah.....or maybe a Sendero. Can't tell by pics.

Police models say "Police" on side of action.
View Quote
The 700P and older 700PSS does not.

OP - that's (obviously) not a police model.  That said, those weren't anything special, and for a shooter, I like that stock without the palm swell better anyway.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Not mine
Attachment Attached File

OP, 700P have a different HS stock on them. Also all the metal is Parkerized. They come with a 40x trigger.

Other than that it's the same 26" varmint barrel 1/12 twist
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:33:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperJlarge] [#6]
Definitely not a 700p, it's a 700VS (short action version of the sendero).

700p's have a black HS precision stock with a larger palm swell and will have 2 sling studs. The forearm profile is ever so slightly different as well. They also don't have a jeweled bolt, which was the first thing that I noticed on yours.

They don't all come from the factory with a 40-x trigger. I think it was an option in the old models (walker vs 40-x), but all of the newer models that I've seen have the 40-x. My 2006 model had a walker trigger (old style Remington before the X-mark).

The older 700vs and sendero's were shooters. My 7mm sendero is one rifle that I'll never part with. I wouldn't worry about it too much OP. Whoever gets it will likely have a great shooting rifle.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks all, I've decided to keep it.

I shot F-Class at 1000 yards with it last Sunday and was impressed with my score, though the trigger gauged at 8lbs! Since adjusted it down to 2½.

Used 175gr TMK over a charge of 4064.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Armourer-In-Training:
though the trigger gauged at 8lbs! Since adjusted it down to 2½.
View Quote
Timney really solves that problem, safely.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Armourer-In-Training:
Thanks all, I've decided to keep it.

I shot F-Class at 1000 yards with it last Sunday and was impressed with my score, though the trigger gauged at 8lbs! Since adjusted it down to 2½.

Used 175gr TMK over a charge of 4064.
View Quote
Thats awesome
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:01:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Keep IT !!!!!!!

I had one for years on duty for a SWAT team.  Shot lights out for many years.  Then had it cut and crowned to 20 inches and got several more out of it before replacing the barrel. was a solid .5 gun ! The aluminum bedding block in that HS stock is fantastic!
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:42:58 PM EDT
[#11]

This is a 700PSS with a PT&G bottom and LB brake...

H&S stock... Parkerized finish.
Early 24" barrel (Built in 94)

is a laser with 175gr over IMR 4064 of Fed 168gr GM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top