Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2017 12:20:28 AM EDT
This is an American made, .30 air rifle that is easily a 1 MOA gun at 100 yards, and possibly a sub MOA gun in the right hands.

.30 Airgun, 6 shots at 100 yards, 1 MOA

I've owned the gun for over a year and have killed lots of small game with it. It is capable of taking southern whitetails, but I'd have to travel to another state to do it legally. The nearest state that allows whitetail harvest with a .30 or larger airgun in Alabama.

I am only shooting the gun at approximately 65% of its power potential. Yet at 100 yards at the power setting I'm shooting in this video it will still shoot thru a 3/4" pine plank.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:57:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#1]
Very nice (air) rifle!  

Having said that, looking at the manufacturer's website, I think I paid less for my AR (with optic) and about the same as my most recent precision .308 build (including the glass, base & rings, bipod, & cerakoting the barreled action)!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:42:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SwampFrog] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Reorx:
Very nice (air) rifle!  

Having said that, looking at the manufacturer's website, I think I paid less for my AR (with optic) and about the same as my most recent precision .308 build (including the glass, base & rings, bipod, & cerakoting the barreled action)!!!
View Quote
That is true. In the PCP airgun world, there's three or so different price points. The $200-$400 range for entry level guns, $500-$1000 for quality hunting guns, and then $1500-$2400 for the high end guns that have all the best traits of the lessor guns. My gun excels at delivering power and accuracy with very little air usage per shot. The combination of accuracy, power, and efficiency are what I'm paying for. Equivalent guns may have the power or close to the accuracy, but they may use twice the air per shot. The efficient air usage makes my gun quieter and it also lets me strap in onto my backpack and camp with it for days without having to worry about filling up with air. At the current power level I'm shooting, I can get around 60 full powered shots on one fill of air. I'm also looking at some upgrades that may increase that number to 80 or so shots.

I would say a person could get a quality, precision, hunting gun for $500-$700 or so that has enough power to kill coyotes or whitetails with lung shots out to 100 yards. Although people who try high-powered PCP airguns usually get addicted and end up going with the high-end guns years into the hobby, as I did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top