Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2017 1:17:42 PM EDT
I have been waiting for a month for Bluetooth to be enabled on the LabRadar. I've seen various postings on it. Last nite I e-mailed [email protected]. I received a reply this AM from Tom Mouser stating that Bluetooth was going to be a firmware update as the hardware was already there. It would be available free to owners. That tipped me over the fence and this morn at abt 9 I ordered one with the case and got free shipping. I sent Tom an e-mail that the ball was in his court, ship it. With a big GRIN of course. At 10:34AM I received a ship notification from UPS that it would be delivered Wed afternoon. Wow is all I can say. So I sent another e-mail.

Here is the reply: Thank you we pride ourselves on providing great service, please let us know if you have any questions when setting it up or going out for first time use, we would be happy to answer any questions. Thank you for your purchase, I am sure you will love the product.

Now to "lay hands on" and have fun. I will post how it goes but for now.    GREAT job Tom and crew.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Enjoy
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I love mine, just make sure you read the directions completely. It doesn't take long, I set it up the night before and had zero problems.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:07:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bearcat24] [#3]
Mine is #4 serial number so have had mine since the beginning. Don't get frustrated when thinks dont quite work. It will take time and experience to get a flawless readings. Make sure you use a straw or something similar on the V notch to help you aim. The rest you will have to play with to get comfortable. Sensitivity adjustments are needed when your shooting next to someone shooting a cannon. Won't record but will trigger an error. Just wish the blue tooth would come out. Just looked at there web site and no news yet. I email them once a month for updates on it. Keep saying the fall. Well, winter is close by.
BTW, its worth every penny!
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I Want! It takes forever to set my Oehler 33 up and humidity kills it anymore. It'll start throwing 4000 plus fps. You can wipe the sight glasses off and it'll go back to normal.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyD:
I Want! It takes forever to set my Oehler 33 up and humidity kills it anymore. It'll start throwing 4000 plus fps. You can wipe the sight glasses off and it'll go back to normal.
View Quote
Keep an eye peeled on Brownells, every week almost there is a general code for 10% off or $50 off and free shipping 
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:33:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: avvidclif] [#6]
Alright I took it out to the range today. Never could get it to trigger on 22 LR. Moved on to the 223, no problem. Same for 6.5CM. I didn't have an SD card in so couldn't download the data, my fault, it's in the manual. So I went home and installed an SD card for tomorrow and it dumped all of my data from today...GRRRR. Another "gotcha". I didn't write it down before installing the card.... I do remember Hornady American Hunter 6.5CM 140gr BTHP had a standard deviation of 9fps. Also was the most accurate. I had a problem with my handloads. GRRR I'm fairly sure I know what it is and will find out for certain tomorrow.

On the positive side. It worked great, it's not intuitive so there were multiple trips to the manual, slow learner on my end. It impressed other shooters at the range. Two of which said they would be ordering one. Another expressed a desire but don't know how serious he was. I chrono'ed loads for  the two and being impressed is an understatement. Walk it over to their bench, set up a new series for them, point it at the target, arm it , and watch the grins and smiles.. No sky screens, just point and shoot. Both were looking for different numbers on velocity according to ammo box and reloading charts. Their reloading charts and data on the factory boxes didn't match. I pointed out the accuracy of the unit and it was showing actual data on their rifle and weather conditions. That it showed the velocity at muzzle, 10, 25,50, 75, and 100 yds was the icing on the cake. From that they can calculate Ballistic Coefficient and generate range cards for that rifle and that load/ammo. They were shooting 7mm Mag, 338 Win Mag and 375. Tracked no problem. It tracked the 6.5 to 100yds with no problem also.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I had an Ah-hah moment. When I removed the SD card my data from today was still there. Now copying.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 1:03:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By popnfresh:
Keep an eye peeled on Brownells, every week almost there is a general code for 10% off or $50 off and free shipping 
View Quote
Just got mine today from that code. Went from an optical to a magneto v3 and now this. Hope is replaces both.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Maybe I can slip one past the book keeper in a couple of weeks when we have another pay day.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I want one. Gotta make a choice between a new 308 barrel and install, and an LR with the needed accessories. Maybe Christmas time.
I like my Magnetospeed, I think it is a great value. The change in POI is not consistent with the bayonet attached. I think it shifts position slightly with every shot. I find an accurate load, and then check the velocity. Not exactly what I want. Conditions change........
Hopefully a competitive product with similar tech will pop up. That will likely lower the price.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I commented to LabRadar about the triggering problem with a 22LR and the reply was I would probably need the air rifle adapter. I understand, just not enough muzzle blast. All I wanted to shoot 22's for was to play with it and kinda figure it out with cheap ammo. Since I see no reason to chrono ammo I don't plan on shooting a lot of or care about the speed I'll probably pass on the air rifle adapter.

Come on Bluetooth....
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:33:13 AM EDT
[#13]
When I run 22 on mine I also change the settings from rifle to pistol since the velocity is so much lower, that helps a lot.  I do also use the external mic.  Just saves some headaches.  I've really liked my unit after figuring out some of the tricks to it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 7:18:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TeeRex:
When I run 22 on mine I also change the settings from rifle to pistol since the velocity is so much lower, that helps a lot.  I do also use the external mic.  Just saves some headaches.  I've really liked my unit after figuring out some of the tricks to it.
View Quote
In the short time I have been reloading, I see too many "tricks" needed to efficiently use the gadgets necessary to create ammo. These should be in the user manual.
%$$_<>*%$@×!@÷÷#"$%&*(( manufacturer bs.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AeroE:

The manuals are written as an after thought by the people that know the instrument inside out, and have little or no experience writing a user's manual.  Then, they don't vette the manual with people that might be customers starting from scratch.

After that, some don't pay attention to customer, or even distributor, input about the product or manuals, because they believe it's perfect as is.

Good technical writing is re-written, more than once usually.
View Quote
Same shit I dealt with as a commission based tech/sales employee when "home automation" was new.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AeroE:

The manuals are written as an after thought by the people that know the instrument inside out, and have little or no experience writing a user's manual.  Then, they don't vette the manual with people that might be customers starting from scratch.

After that, some don't pay attention to customer, or even distributor, input about the product or manuals, because they believe it's perfect as is.

Good technical writing is re-written, more than once usually.
View Quote
Truer words were never spoken when it comes to the owners manual for the LabRadar. I thought at first I was just not understanding it but after figuring it out there are a lot of assumptions on the part of the writer about the knowledge of the end user. And since the operation is not "intuitive" it causes a bit of frustration.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I found the demonstration videos far more useful than the manual.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 4:21:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#19]
Maybe I can slip one past the book keeper in a couple of weeks when we have another pay day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
10% off and free shipping on orders over $50, code MCF.   ....today only
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:15:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: castlebravo84] [#20]
10% off and free shipping on orders over $50, code MCF.   ....today only
View Quote
Oh no. Not again. Must.. Resist... Order placed

This precision rifle sub forum is by far the worst thing that has ever happened to my wallet.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:

Oh no. Not again. Must.. Resist... Order placed

This precision rifle sub forum is by far the worst thing that has ever happened to my wallet.
View Quote
Your wallet is now called rifle fund!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top