Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2017 1:47:15 AM EDT
it seems that the cookie cutter method is the best for removing pan lubed bullets from the cake.
yet it seems that nobody makes the tool anymore to do this!
I really don't want to make one if I can buy a tool that's designed for the task that will likely be quicker and more ergonamic than anything I could make.

am I overlooking anything on the market?

I can't simply push or pluck out my lee 9mm bullets without loosing all the lube
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 3:02:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ProfGAB101] [#1]
Since your pan lubing (Lee) I would make the cutter .360"

Are you planning on sizing?

For a temporary setup you might be able to use a non-primed - once fired 357 mag case that has NOT been sized.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 3:58:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I just did about 100 like that.

It works, but large quantities would not be worth the effort.

I will get a broom handle, cut a 6" piece, hollow it outall the way through with a 3/8" bit, and glue a .357 mag case with the base cut off in so it will be a push through tool if I have to
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By netofficer3710:
I just did about 100 like that.

It works, but large quantities would not be worth the effort.

I will get a broom handle, cut a 6" piece, hollow it outall the way through with a 3/8" bit, and glue a .357 mag case with the base cut off in so it will be a push through tool if I have to
View Quote
How about a piece of PVC pipe (3/8" might work) with a .357 case with the head cut off epoxied inside.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Me - If I were making one for myself.

I would take a 3" long piece of ½" A360 Brass, Thread the end ½-28, 3/4" long then drill 3/8" dia. 2.5" deep. Now reverse the part in the chuck and drill through with a 11/32" drill (.344).

With a small boring bar, bore like .383" or whatever it takes for a slightly loose slip fit for your 357 case that has been cut off 1/4" or more from the head about  1/4"- 5/16" deep. Use good old 50/50 or 40/60 or 60/40 soldier to sweat the case in the bore.

From the threaded end - use a 23/64" ream to open up the area between the 3/8" dia. and the case ID feeding into the case to remove any soldier which may have wicked through. I would not go into the case more than about 3/16". Cutter is now done.

Now fab a handle to fit the ½-28 threads from AL or brass or delrin or... if the threads don't go through then drill 3/8" through.

Took longer to write it up than it would to make it - except I think my Acetylene bottle is nearly empty. - But then I understand not everyone has a lathe (or 4) in the garage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top