Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice info!  Can you run all 3 simultaneously so you can get the 3 readings for each shot?  That might be an even better comparison.

I'm also very curious about Magnetospeed's potential to influence the shot.  It would be interesting to see group velocities & POI statistics with Labradar alone (as a control) and Labradar + Magnetospeed.

(Forgive me if this was already discussed; I admit to skimming through the thread)
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 1:51:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BlammO:
Nice info!  Can you run all 3 simultaneously so you can get the 3 readings for each shot?  That might be an even better comparison.

I'm also very curious about Magnetospeed's potential to influence the shot.  It would be interesting to see group velocities & POI statistics with Labradar alone (as a control) and Labradar + Magnetospeed.

(Forgive me if this was already discussed; I admit to skimming through the thread)
View Quote
The Labradar and Shooting Chrony have no effect on anything the Magnetospeed does. It pushes the bullet away from the bayonet; how far depends on what you are shooting.

They are all reading the same bullet for each shot.

About poi shift and Magnetospeed. This is from my post in another thread where I experimented with bayonet rotation to support my theory that mounting off the barrel will still cause shift.

Originally Posted By popnfresh:

Today I tried the Magnetospeed at 3:00, 6:00, 9:00, 12:00 and the point of impact shift was clearly related to the rotation of the bayonet.

This suggests that the point of impact change is not from harmonics but from the bullet flying close to the surface of the sensor.

Rem 700 with 20" MTU
From 3:00 to 9:00 there was a shift of 1.18 moa horizontal(away from the bayonet)

From 6:00 to 12:00 there was a shift of 0.14 moa horizontal

From 3:00 to 9:00 there was a shift of 0.25 moa vertical
From 6:00 to 12:00 there was a shift of 1.24 moa vertical(away from the bayonet)

From center of POA(actual zero poi)without bayonet

3:00- left 0.45moa.... up 0.33moa shift
9:00-right 0.73moa.... up 0.57moa shift
6:00- rt 0.22moa.... up 1.23moa shift
12:00 rt 0.37moa..down 0.01moa shift

Just to add to this, I did the same test with my 24" 6.5G AR using 90gr TNTs, much more shift with this.

From 3:00 to 9:00 there was a shift of 3.32 moa horizontal(away from the bayonet)
From 6:00 to 12:00 there was a shift of 0.30 moa horizontal

From 3:00 to 9:00 there was a shift of 0.12 moa vertical
From 6:00 to 12:00 there was a shift of 4.11 moa vertical(away from the bayonet)

From center of POA(actual zero poi)without bayonet

3:00- left 1.30moa.... up 0.1moa shift
9:00-right 2.02moa...down 0.02moa shift
6:00- left 0.08moa.... up 1.87moa shift
12:00 rt 0.26moa..down 2.26moa shift
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Labradar $499 on sale
While supplies last.

This is where I got mine for full price, ordered from them many times. They do paypal too so you can spread out payments for 6months.

@Hamiltbl2
View Quote
Thanks. They are local to me in Jax.

Taxes
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 5:24:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Hamiltbl2:

Taxes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Labradar $499 on sale
While supplies last.

This is where I got mine for full price, ordered from them many times. They do paypal too so you can spread out payments for 6months.

@Hamiltbl2

Taxes
Lol you can't get a break.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#5]
End of the month........................
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Originally Posted By Bearcat24:
Thanks for the comparison popnfresh. I emailed LR a couple days ago about the blue tooth option. Comes out this month. Will be available for both android and iOS when released.
Unfortunately they keep saying this, and keep not delivering.
Perhaps this month?
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 4:52:58 AM EDT
[#6]
@Hamiltbl2

Free shipping and 10% off Code MDK at Brownells --on sale for $499 - 10%code =$450 shipped

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/range-gear/chronographs/labradar-doppler-chronograph-prod109164.aspx
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#7]
@popnfresh

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#8]
@popnfresh

Thanks.
View Quote
You're welcome.  That is a great deal, about $110 off.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#9]
You're welcome.  That is a great deal, about $110 off.
View Quote
$450 shipped. I had to jump on it for that price.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 12:48:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bubbatheredneck] [#10]

$450 shipped. I had to jump on it for that price.
View Quote
That is a steal

I got mine from them just with the 10% off code.

Awesome unit.

Had mine out for the first time Sunday.

Forgot to set the unit from pistol to rifle for the first 2 shots, got goofy numbers, figured it out, and no issues after that.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bubbatheredneck:
Care to share?
I am in the same boat and need some help.

Pretty sure I'll pull the trigger on one when Brownells runs the next 10% off deal (I don't recall seeing them excluded in previous coupons)
View Quote
After you shoot your 3rd chrony the Labradar starts to look like a better deal
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Effenpig:

After you shoot your 3rd chrony the Labradar starts to look like a better deal
View Quote
Had to LOL at this.  There's more than a little truth to this.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I am still waiting for the combination of free time and cooperative weather to get my Magnetospeed out to the range.  But I've run my Gamma Master Shooting Chrony a lot and I have observed a few pretty interesting things.

As others have said, this device needs very consistent lighting.  With just a few clouds blowing by, I missed a couple of shots.  I've decided that what the Shooting Chrony needs is an inexpensive, battery powered LED light system.  Just something on the diffusers to provide consistent light over both sensors.  I haven't figured out how to make the diffuser properly diffuse a string of LEDs to make the light more continuous (not a bunch of bright dots), but that's the direction I'm looking.

Shooting Chrony says a cheap photographer's tripod is fine for mounting their device.  Sure.  With a dead calm wind.  It also helps if you're setting it up on a perfectly level surface.  I've seen my unit wobble in the wind enough to affect the alignment of my shot over the sensors using a "cheap photographer's tripod."  Next time I take it out, I'm taking photographer's sandbags too.  Photography often requires weighting things like light stands and such, so there are special sandbags for this, pretty much flat rectangles that often have a seam in the middle so they drape across a light stand brace...

Hang one of these on the braces on your tripod, and it'll stay put.  If your chosen site for the chrony is uneven, I'd turn the tripod so that one leg is "uphill" and then hang the sandbag on the brace for that leg.

Other than that, I still haven't managed to work out downloading the data from the chrony so I could look at it on a computer.  There are devices to let you do this by USB connection, and I think there's even a Bluetooth project out there.  But you need to have a program to querry the device to download the data, and they're available - but I don't run Windows 3.5 anymore...  
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 12:29:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#15]
LED lights for the Shooting Chrony family - LINK

Also, I recently got a Magnetospeed Sporter.  Took it out for the first time this weekend.  I was very pleased with the results.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 12:43:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Now that I have used all three types for my own purposes, I can make a comment on what I liked the best.

All of them, sky-screen optical, infra-red optical, magnetic, and radar, all have pros and cons.

I liked the Oehler 35 better than the alternatives back in the day. I still found myself using the little ProChrono on most range trips since the trouble of setting up the Oehler was much more fuss than a simple tripod mounted ProChrono. The small errors in the ProChrono were not enough to bother me and I would use the Oehler for absolute values or serious work.

The Magnetospeeds were really good for accuracy, but bothersome to mount. If I put enough effort into attaching them to work around bbls, they worked fine but then you might not always be able to do accuracy work when the Magnetospeed ruins the tuning. Some guys run with one most of the time, but to do this they are creating a big cantilever mount that carries the sensor without using the bbl. This way, the bbl tuning is unaffected. I find this to be no problem with small sport bbls, but with large bbls and muzzle effects, the standard tackle they provide won't work. For pistols, they can be very tricky to mount.

Now that I have run the LabRadar, there is no looking back. The reaching over to the unit to hit the arm setting after it times out is one negative, but it isn't much to program a longer arm time, or to just remember to arm if I have a long wait or delay during a shot string. Other style units don't have this issue. Our club's benches are typical designs in terms of the length of the table out by the muzzle, and you will find yourself having to sit way back to keep the LabRadar near the muzzle. It really isn't sensitive to exact muzzle position in my experience, but it does require a full size bench surface or a tripod. I have never had to ask anyone for a range break to set this up.

Based on how easy the LabRadar has been to use, it comes with me on every range trip and I find myself running it all the time. I can recommend it if the price tag isn't a problem.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 12:10:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
I saw the lights on MIdwayUSA, but $90? Ridiculous. Not only that, but I'm still left with having to set up at the range where I would inconvenience a lot of people.   I get that...  I was just pointing out their existance...

And what is it with these lights running off of weird power supply voltages? The ProChrono lights want 24V and they give you a 110v adapter. WTF? Who has an outlet close by on their range? Why not make them run off of something that most people can lug around, like a USB battery pack or similar device?
View Quote
The shooting chrony LED runs off 12 volt DC power.  That isn't exactly odd, it's actually pretty common.  Any car battery (or any portable car battery jumper) for example.  In terms of the 110, you might be using the LED at an indoor range and 110v AC might be close at hand.  If you are at an outdoor range, you might have a portable generator (for camping) that will work just fine - one of those little Honda inverter gens for example - small, light, quiet, effective...  just sayin'!...

I admit that LEDs are not without shortcomings but they fill a void for some...

Best!

- R -
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 10:02:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Reorx:
The shooting chrony LED runs off 12 volt DC power.  That isn't exactly odd, it's actually pretty common.  Any car battery (or any portable car battery jumper) for example.  In terms of the 110, you might be using the LED at an indoor range and 110v AC might be close at hand.  If you are at an outdoor range, you might have a portable generator (for camping) that will work just fine - one of those little Honda inverter gens for example - small, light, quiet, effective...  just sayin'!...

I admit that LEDs are not without shortcomings but they fill a void for some...

Best!

- R -
View Quote
Getting the power required for those particular (and rather expensive) lights is not as simple as it should be.  You could wire them up to a 12v lantern battery, but still - for what they are, they are really expensive.

I've been examining how to use cheap LED strips for this purpose.  Here's one example of "cheap." 16+ feet of 12v LED strip for less than $10 at Amazon.

Right now, the biggest issue I have is that the diffusers that come with Shooting Chrony units don't blend the light as well as I'd like - there are still distinct bright spots where each LED is.  I will have to test this approach to see if it works before I spend more money on smoothing the light better.  But those "12vdc LED strips" will run off a 9v battery just fine...  So at worst, (once I get the things working and properly wired), they would require a couple extra 9v batteries and some finessing of wires to get 'em to do the job.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:04:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSnowRider] [#20]
Originally Posted By GHPorter:
I am still waiting for the combination of free time and cooperative weather to get my Magnetospeed out to the range.  But I've run my Gamma Master Shooting Chrony a lot and I have observed a few pretty interesting things.

As others have said, this device needs very consistent lighting.  With just a few clouds blowing by, I missed a couple of shots.  I've decided that what the Shooting Chrony needs is an inexpensive, battery powered LED light system.  Just something on the diffusers to provide consistent light over both sensors.  I haven't figured out how to make the diffuser properly diffuse a string of LEDs to make the light more continuous (not a bunch of bright dots), but that's the direction I'm looking.

Shooting Chrony says a cheap photographer's tripod is fine for mounting their device.  Sure.  With a dead calm wind.  It also helps if you're setting it up on a perfectly level surface.  I've seen my unit wobble in the wind enough to affect the alignment of my shot over the sensors using a "cheap photographer's tripod."  Next time I take it out, I'm taking photographer's sandbags too.  Photography often requires weighting things like light stands and such, so there are special sandbags for this, pretty much flat rectangles that often have a seam in the middle so they drape across a light stand brace...
https://static.bhphoto.com/images/images250x250/1456501515000_1161029.jpg
Hang one of these on the braces on your tripod, and it'll stay put.  If your chosen site for the chrony is uneven, I'd turn the tripod so that one leg is "uphill" and then hang the sandbag on the brace for that leg.

Other than that, I still haven't managed to work out downloading the data from the chrony so I could look at it on a computer.  There are devices to let you do this by USB connection, and I think there's even a Bluetooth project out there.  But you need to have a program to querry the device to download the data, and they're available - but I don't run Windows 3.5 anymore...  
View Quote
@GHPorter..

Caldwell makes a light kit for their crony that was sold separately..should pop right on to yours..runs off battery or 120v...

https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-721111-Chronograph-Light-Kit/dp/B00HX46M0I

ETA from midway...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/327456/caldwell-ballistic-precision-chronograph-light-kit
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:10:02 PM EDT
[#21]

I saw the lights on MIdwayUSA, but $90? Ridiculous. Not only that, but I'm still left with having to set up at the range where I would inconvenience a lot of people.

And what is it with these lights running off of weird power supply voltages? The ProChrono lights want 24V and they give you a 110v adapter. WTF? Who has an outlet close by on their range? Why not make them run off of something that most people can lug around, like a USB battery pack or similar device?
View Quote
Caldwells runs off a small battery pack or 120V, also much cheaper, hell even if you had to buy the whole crony to get it...its 35 bucks for the kit...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/327456/caldwell-ballistic-precision-chronograph-light-kit
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:58:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Who needs the stinking lights, Labradar runs from 6 AA's. I carry a spare 6, just in case.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 12:15:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Labradar if you can swing it. Traditional chronographs are inaccurate if conditions aren’t perfect. The magnetospeed....forget about getting velocities and shooting groups at the same time...so double the number of rounds you load at each charge to be able to do both. I’ll be buying a labradar after using them a few times. It’s not even a fair comparison.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 7:08:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#24]
Love my LR, but I finally found the perfect set of conditIons in which it becomes more frustrating than an optical chrono.

Was doing some load dev on a 6.5x47L bolt gun with the well oversized 338 Titan-TI suppressor in place, which required the use of the external mic and setting the sensitivity to 1 or 2, the most sensitive of settings available.

When combined with gusts of 30mph wind, it was an exercise in futility. The wind would trigger multiple false readings in a row, turning my range trip into a cardio session to crawl back and forth to delete the bad rounds and reset the unit.

Still love it, but this is the one set of circumstances where it falters.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:06:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#25]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:
Love my LR, but I finally found the perfect set of conditIons in which it becomes more frustrating than an optical chrono.

Was doing some load dev on a 6.5x47L bolt gun with the well oversized 338 Titan-TI suppressor in place, which required the use of the external mic and setting the sensitivity to 1 or 2, the most sensitive of settings available.

When combined with gusts of 30mph wind, it was an exercise in futility. The wind would trigger multiple false readings in a row, turning my range trip into a cardio session to crawl back and forth to delete the bad rounds and reset the unit.

Still love it, but this is the one set of circumstances where it falters.
View Quote
The biggest defect of the labradar is the craptastic interface.   It's just wretched.   They keep claiming to come out with an app that will use it's Bluetooth wiring,  but have been saying that for years - I've lost faith of that ever happening
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#26]
I sent an email to the US Distributor on Sun about the Bluetooth. I got a response on Sun also, "Android is due out this month, IOS don't know when" I'm not holding my breath. It's winter and I'm reloading and not doing much shooting so don't really care.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By avvidclif:
I sent an email to the US Distributor on Sun about the Bluetooth. I got a response on Sun also, "Android is due out this month, IOS don't know when" I'm not holding my breath. It's winter and I'm reloading and not doing much shooting so don't really care.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 12:50:03 AM EDT
[#28]
You guys cost me more today. But not as much as usual.

I've been working on load development this winter and had the Shooting Chrony out on Sunday. I've had it since 1994 and even after all that time it's still a pain in the ass to setup and to work consistently. So after reading this thread this morning I bought a Magnetospeed Sporter, it will be here on Friday.

THE main reason for me is I live in the country but it's not as country as it once was. I can't shoot at home like I could but I can step out the door and fire a few rounds once in a while into a dirt pile in my field safely to get velocity readings. The time to setup for a few shots with the Chrony took the fun out of that.

Can't wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 5:32:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OlCrow] [#30]
Keep the thread updated when you've had a chance to try it out.
View Quote
I haven't seen you around Zhukov, thought the Nazi's finally got you.

The Sporter arrived today, didn't get a chance to actually use it yet but a few comments so far;

All the bitching I have read and heard watching video reviews about the strap not keeping tight or not being able to tighten have me wondering WTF. I can see how some might have a problem since I did at first. But if you engage the brain it's not real hard to figure out.

The end of the strap with the buckle thing will slip off of the block, it just slides on. IF you adjust the strap to length to fit your barrel with the tightening nut almost off of the threads, (that would be so tight that it takes a little effort to slip the buckle back over it's holder on the block), then tighten the nut and it's tight as hell. I can tighten it so tight it starts to deform the plastic. If that comes loose after a few shots I'll be real surprised.

To remove, loosen the nut until you can slip the buckle from it's holder on the block and take the unit off the barrel. If you are using it on the same diameter barrel again just reverse the above to put it on again.

Tip; It's hard to get the strap tight enough to start with by trying to just pull on it. I adjusted for length with the nut near the end of it's threads and by removing the buckle from the block and tighten the strap until it was a little difficult to get the buckle to slide on to the holder while pulling the strap over the barrel.

The overall "quality" look and feel could be better. It doesn't seem like I might still be using it 25 years later like the metal tank-like Chrony but I won't be here in 25 either (maybe). It's a specialty tool that fits my needs for a quick and easy way of determining velocity at home and to analyzing strings of reloads at the range. It also can download it's data to my smart phone. ($25 more for the adapter thing)

So far I'm happy with it. Hopefully I'll get some powder burns on it this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 3:33:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#32]
View All Quotes
Thanks for the comparison popnfresh. I emailed LR a couple days ago about the blue tooth option. Comes out this month. Will be available for both android and iOS when released.
Hey did they mention what year that month falls in?
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 6:47:47 AM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
2016 wasn't it? Don't really care, but it would be nice to have.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:24:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#34]
Just got an email that the Bluetooth feature is finally available for Android and Apple.

ETA: Android is available, iOS apparently available in the next few days.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:58:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#35]
Just got an email that the Bluetooth feature is finally available for Android and Apple.

ETA: Android is available, iOS apparently available in the next few days.
View Quote
Yep, just installed it, going to try tomorrow.

Well just playing with it in the house it works pretty good.

Have to connect through the app, not from your phone bluetooth menu.

Drag from the left to get to the settings menu.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Excellent.

Do you have to keep the firmware on the SD card forever, or does it update the info in the LR itself after the first time and can then be deleted from the SD card to save space?
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#37]

Now to wait for the iOS release...  
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 1:00:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#38]
Excellent.

Do you have to keep the firmware on the SD card forever, or does it update the info in the LR itself after the first time and can then be deleted from the SD card to save space?
View Quote
Yes it automatically deletes the files from the card.

I tried the app out this morning. When it works it works fine but it crashed a few times. A couple times it actually shut the Labradar off.
I reinstalled the app a couple times, reset the phone, shut down everything but this app, but still issues .
Playing with it here in the house again I was able to get it to crash a couple times.

May have to give them a few more years.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#40]

I tried the app out this morning. When it works it works fine but it crashed a few times. A couple times it actually shut the Labradar off.
I reinstalled the app a couple times, reset the phone, shut down everything but this app, but still issues .
Playing with it here in the house again I was able to get it to crash a couple times.
View All Quotes

Well, crap, that's not good. I've played with a little here in my office with no issues. Going to the range with it tomorrow, I'll report any issues. You mind me asking what phone and version of Android you're using?

ROFL. Nice.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Redbirdxx:

You mind me asking what phone and version of Android
View Quote
Galaxy S5 with 6.0.1
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks.

Hopefully I’ll have another range report for you guys tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, my experience today was similar to popnfresh's. No time for an extensive write up and I'd like to make sure some of the problems aren't user error before I start listing my grievances, but at best the app could be described as "glitchy". This one is going to need some work before it's ready for prime time.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#44]
I'll give it two more weeks....
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 8:55:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RocketmanOU] [#45]
Originally Posted By Redbirdxx:
Well, my experience today was similar to popnfresh's. No time for an extensive write up and I'd like to make sure some of the problems aren't user error before I start listing my grievances, but at best the app could be described as "glitchy". This one is going to need some work before it's ready for prime time.
View Quote
This. I'm glad they brought it out, but ffs, it's like they didn't beta test anything at all. Bugs aside, it needs some usability review as well.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Just got the email that the app is now available for iOS.

Will probably do it and just expect to be disappointed at this point....
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Downloaded the app and updated the firmware yesterday.  Not able to get it connected.  The app will recognize the Labradar but it shows disconnected.  I'll select it, the app will search then I get a "communication error".  Oh Well, I still love the Labradar but sure would be nice if the app worked.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 6:48:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#48]
Originally Posted By cb4017:
Downloaded the app and updated the firmware yesterday.  Not able to get it connected.  The app will recognize the Labradar but it shows disconnected.  I'll select it, the app will search then I get a "communication error".  Oh Well, I still love the Labradar but sure would be nice if the app worked.
View Quote
Did you have location services enabled along with Bluetooth on your phone?

Labradar was not armed?

Did you connected only through the LR app, not through your phones Bluetooth menu?
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#49]

Labradar was not armed?

Did you connected only through the LR app, not through your phones Bluetooth menu?
View Quote
1.  Yes.

2.  Not armed.

3.  I tried it both ways.

As I said, the app will recognize my Labradar but shows "disconnected".  When I tap the screen it will show "searching".  After about 15 seconds of searching I get the "communication error" message.

On thing I noticed.  On the Labradar display the Bluetooth symbol comes and goes.  Not sure if that means anything or if it's only on when the unit is trying to communicate.

I was on the Labradar website and noted there is another firmware version out.  FW (A) is 1.2.1, already have it installed.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I haven't given up yet.  I was going to wait a little while to see if later firmware fixes the issue.  If not the unit is still under warranty.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#50]
1.  Yes.

2.  Not armed.

As I said, the app will recognize my Labradar but shows "disconnected".  When I tap the screen it will show "searching".  After about 15 seconds of searching I get the "communication error" message.

On thing I noticed.  On the Labradar display the Bluetooth symbol comes and goes.  Not sure if that means anything or if it's only on when the unit is trying to communicate.

I was on the Labradar website and noted there is another firmware version out.  FW (A) is 1.2.1, already have it installed.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I haven't given up yet.  I was going to wait a little while to see if later firmware fixes the issue.  If not the unit is still under warranty.
View All Quotes

Labradar was not armed?

1.  Yes.

2.  Not armed.

Huh, I had problems but never connection problems.
I don't think the bluetooth symbol stays on, I remember seeing that it wasn't on but it was working so.....

Good to see another firmware version, have to try it this weekend.  Hope it doesn't make things worse lol, it pretty much... kind of... worked for me most of the time.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top