Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2017 12:30:09 AM EDT
Guess this is just a venting post.  

So we have a horrendous amount of fires right now in our state.  

I have yet to fill my elk or deer tags, this is my first year bow hunting and was really excited as I've been close to shooting a buck already.  
However am a bit discouraged now as my hunting spot just went up in flames today from some idiot who started a fire during fire ban.

Gonna have to regroup, scramble and hopefully find some other spots to go.

Link Posted: 9/6/2017 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Same here. My usual elk hunting areas are burning.

We are going to roll the dice and drive somewhere else this weekend.

I hate fires...
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Good luck be careful of the smoke its bad.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Head to the white river unit it's not on fire yet.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I feel your pain....kinda.
I lost an entire hunting season because of a shoulder injury and associated surgery on my dominant side.  Couldn't draw my bow for a full year and was explicitly told NOT to shoot a rifle - but the hell with them AND I only had to shoot 1 time
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks we've been checking around there but no luck yet.  Only thing we've seen has been on restricted property so far.

One weekend left!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks we've been checking around there but no luck yet.  Only thing we've seen has been on restricted property so far.

One weekend left!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One weekend left!
I drove up red hill in the hood unit yesterday and saw two forked horns right off the bat. No bears though

It was raining pretty hard and it was even snowing an it way up high, not sticking but a flake in the rain every once in a while.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#7]
So season is now over.  Got nothing but some amazing memories with some new hunting friend's.

We finally got a good staulk dure to rain in area and had one opportunity saw two really nice 3 point bucks.  They caught me and bolted....

Got in the middle of a group of elk but due to scrub oak never had a shot.  I was about 30yrds from satellite.  One of my group was full draw on him as he went beyond me.   He was just out of range and wouldnt come in closer.  Never got on them again.  Was the only time they were talking too.

Was a great year of learning and found some new areas to hunt.  Will probably plan for archery again next year instead of rifle.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I drove up red hill in the hood unit yesterday and saw two forked horns right off the bat. No bears though

It was raining pretty hard and it was even snowing an it way up high, not sticking but a flake in the rain every once in a while.
View Quote
Man i was close to a bunch of bears this year.  Almost every time i went out there was fresh sign/tracks.  Had one circle me and had another that we couldnt see give a warning growl.  He was CLOSE!  Sign so fresh was still steaming.....

Saw some cougar sign this year as well.  

Like i said it ended up being a memorable and exciting year.  Just would have been more memorable if i had gotten something down.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Man i was close to a bunch of bears this year.  Almost every time i went out there was fresh sign/tracks.  Had one circle me and had another that we couldnt see give a warning growl.  He was CLOSE!  Sign so fresh was still steaming.....

Like i said it ended up being a memorable and exciting year.  Just would have been more memorable if i had gotten something down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to shoot a bear, cougar, and bob cat. Only ever seen 1 bear, have seen tons of bobcats and probably 20 cougars.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top