Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2017 6:29:46 PM EDT
bow technology has kind of plateaued for me... I shoot them all pretty well and have not seen dramatic improvements...

just picked up a new bow (Mathews Halon 6) and tried out one of these:

it has made me better on all my bows...
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
When new technology fails to interest you...consider going old school and work an a 60-70# recurve.  If you master a recurve for hunting, your compound bow skills will improve even more.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#2]
lol already there with the recurve... I am mostly shooting 3D these days...the kinesthetics are different with a recurve vs. compound, no drop off on draw weight combined with sighting don't translate well to improving your skills. kind of like assuming playing racquetball automatically makes you a better tennis player...
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep.  I burned out on the compound and all the drama BS at the shoots. Bought a sammic sage pretty much as a impulse buy . Best thing I’ve ever bought archery related.

Traditional archery is true archery !

Inspiring!!

Get one and never look back .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top