Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2014 9:32:04 PM EDT
Looking for logistics and course management techniques on how to deal with weapon malfunctions with matches.  We are going to be running a single man course, no squads, so keeping people moving is of the essence.

Looking for some feedback on examples, ideas and previous observations.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#1]
For example, how long do you allow someone to mess around with their firearm before you simply call it quits and move them along?
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#2]
It kind of depends, you have par times on the stages? If the shooter is can get the gun clear, we usually let them finish the stage. If it is on the first target or two, we just move them down in the shooting order giving them a reshoot.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Par times, once they fire a shot thay have til the time runs out, or they give up, no reshoots.
The shooter is responsible to bring reliable equipment.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 12:51:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you thought about how you are going to keep people around to help reset if you don't have squads?

To the other aspect:  Par times are really the only way.  Once the timer beeps, you have 60/90/180 seconds to do your thing.

Some matches offer a catastrophic malfunction reshoot policy.  If your gun takes a shit and you haven't broken a single shot, you can have a reshoot.

Another thing that I really like is forbidding sight pictures for more than one gun.  If you let them, some guys will stand their for 60 seconds aiming at all kinds of fucking shit.  If 60 shooters do that on one stage that is one hour of people wasting time.

Of course let open shooters make sure all their dots are on... but the airgunning nonsense is a big time killer.  Make sure that your next shooter is standing at the start line with their guns and gear ready when the prior shooter is finishing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:18:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnsMyName] [#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vespid_Wasp:

Another thing that I really like is forbidding sight pictures for more than one gun.  If you let them, some guys will stand their for 60 seconds aiming at all kinds of fucking shit.  If 60 shooters do that on one stage that is one hour of people wasting time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:47:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Once the timer starts it’s on the shooter. Setting a max par time is a good idea but make it long enough to fix a problem.
Once the timer starts, no reshoots unless it’s a course malfunction
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 4:22:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#7]
I favor the dvd: Magpul Dynamics - "Art of the Tactical Carbine" - 2nd Edition (Holds a treasure trove of information --- imho --- Especially on AR malfunctions.

I have the first edition...but I figure that the 2nd edition has better video clarity than the first edition.

Magpul Dynamics -Art of the Tactical Carbine trailer
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, once the timer starts any gun or gear malfunction is on you.
Only get a reshoot if it’s a course or RO malfunction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top