Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2017 3:24:00 PM EDT
Hi there, not new to shooting but new to competitive shooting. All my glocks had to much done to them so I picked up a glock 17FS to use for shooting Production/Stock Service divisions. I would like to start shooting IDPA or USPSA and most likely USPSA primarily. Are pistol lights allowed for production? I would like to get a holster that fits a tlr1. I know there are better holsters out there specific to competition but i would like to use the trex arms ragnarok on a safariland ubl mid ride using the qls quick attach/detach system. Is this set up ok for use also is it okay to use it with a leg strap for added stability when drawing?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
you cannot have a light or leg strap in production division.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Guess I'll have to get a non light bearing with a belt slide! looks like the bladetech is the best for the price just to get into it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
You will probably want a inner/outer competition belt.

They are very stiff and will give you the rigidity and stability you're looking for.

As far as holster, a Bladetech or Comptac would work well.

Ben Stoeger Pro Shop has a complete selection.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 2:16:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ben Stoeger Pro Shop has a complete selection.
View Quote
Hes has done well in IPSC very recently
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Check out C and G holsters.  They can make you anything you need
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#6]
OP if I was buying a rig to shoot production this is what I would get:

Belt

5 Mag Pouches

Holster

The Ghost holster is very stable.  Most guys end up adding a different attachment to the Blade Techs and Comp Tacs which adds cost.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP if I was buying a rig to shoot production this is what I would get:

Belt

5 Mag Pouches

Holster

The Ghost holster is very stable.  Most guys end up adding a different attachment to the Blade Techs and Comp Tacs which adds cost.
View Quote
Check Ben Stoeger Pro shop. Good selection of holsters and get one of the holster mounts the Stoeger designed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#8]
For Production:
Inner belt
Outer belt
5 mag pouches

Check out some of the holsters Red Hill Tactical is making.  Nice stuff, reasonable priced.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the Black Scorpion Gear
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top