Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2016 2:07:49 AM EDT
Hey guys I have now shot around 250 rounds through my S&W. No failures everything is working fine one thing I noticed was when I used my bore snake to clean my barrel, I saw a little chip or something in the crown of the barrel. I will try to get better pictures to show you guys. Main question is, will this chip affect my accuracy? Should I send the barrel back to S&W sense i have a lifetime warranty? I have asked this question on Bommershooter.com and someone replied I should send it back. I registered my firearm about an hour ago and also sent the Warranty center an email but they are closed until the 4th of January so I will have to wait but i just want any other opinions out there. I know many owners have been having problems with barrel crowns and would like to hear from you guys that sent in your gun and how long the whole process took.

IMG_20160101_180129969_HDR_zpsts0mmkqk.j

IMG_20160101_180030764_HDR_zpsxporqkmw.j
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#1]

use the IMG tags to post pics....

I would try to get some better photos and email them to S&W
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a barrel issue with an M&P.  I sent S&W pics and they agreed it would most likely have to be replaced, but they made me send them the entire pistol.  They said they no longer send out just barrels.  They had my pistol for about a month before I finally got it back with a new barrel.  Good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top