Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2015 2:29:25 PM EDT
I am slowly getting everything I need for 3 gun, I am scrawny, so I went with a light weight setup.

BCM ELW 16"
Wow this thing is light, and goes great with the KMR. No MOA tests, but this will be more than accurate enough for what I need. Friends I know that have the ELW barrel are all very, very happy with it. It has a great profile, better than the standard LW profile IMO
BCM KMR15
Rail mounted great. The barrel nut and barrel wrench are kind of crappy IMO. Super light, and feels so natural in your hand. This is a light gun! The finish is just OK. I would definitely use this in a build again. IMO it looks super sexy. I also have come to like Keymod.

Lantac Dragon
This thing is costly, but it does great at keeping muzzle flip to a minimum. However, this thing is LOUD, almost too loud. Next time I get a brake, I will go for something a little more tame. my 10.5 is more audibly comfortable to shoot. Almost required double ear-pro (in my opinion).

Magpul CTR
Great stock, QD and friction lock are worth the extra cash to upgrade from MOE

Spikes LPK and buffer kit with st-t2 buffer.
These work pretty much as intended. LPK is the best standard Mil-spec trigger I have shot. Buffer works well with 16" mid length gas. Flawless operation.

Burris Tac30
One of the best values in the optics world for this type of scope in this price range. Easy to zero, good turrets, light, streamlined, much better than the Bushnell 1-4 illuminated that costs the same price. Of course more expensive scopes in the Burris line would be better, but for the price I couldn't be happier! The 30$ primary arms mount is temporary, I will be replacing it. However, it works as intended.

This gun works flawlessly, and has minimal recoil, always goes bang. No issues. Sorry for crappy pic.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet! Looks light
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sweet! Looks light
View Quote

7 LBS even with optic, unloaded. Could have spent more $ to make it lighter, but I am happy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
You were right on with the Optic, I have tried the Vortex and SWFA 1-4x and keep going back to the Burris as well.  The biggest thing you are lacking is a good trigger.  The Lantec Dragon works about the same every other brake, including the super cheap ones.  Weight helps you for the most part in 3 gun, makes the gun recoil less.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You were right on with the Optic, I have tried the Vortex and SWFA 1-4x and keep going back to the Burris as well.  The biggest thing you are lacking is a good trigger.  The Lantec Dragon works about the same every other brake, including the super cheap ones.  Weight helps you for the most part in 3 gun, makes the gun recoil less.
View Quote

The reticle on the burris is really nice and mostly daytime visible. I have even debating what to do for the trigger. I wanted to actually shoot a few before I made the plunge, but for now I am happy with the spikes. I am sure once I get deeper into three gun I will be wanting a better trigger for sure.
I haven't used a whole lot of brakes, but I read a lot of reviews on it and most of the reviews said it works very well. Also, they retail for around 130, I purchased mine from a family member for 50 bucks, and I got free same day delivery. It wasn't the worst purchase I have ever made. This gun is a really light shooter, the recoil is easily manageable. I don't like heavy guns, I know they have a purpose and I haven't shot my first match yet so I may eat my words later.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not envious of much in the ar world i have more than a few.

I got a chance to run 500rnds down the pipe of one of these http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-BFH-16-LIGHT-WEIGHT-Mid-KMR-KEYMOD-p/bcm-urg-mid-16lw-bfh-kmr13.htm a few weeks ago.

Its really similar to yours it is one sweet lightweight rig I completely understand why your happy with it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to think I wanted a heavy ass barrel with a quad rail for my next build, then I shot a 14.5 ELW fluted with a kmr and I was hooked. I opted out of the fluted for some reason, can't remember why. If I could do it again I would go fluted.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:57:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I used to think I wanted a heavy ass barrel with a quad rail for my next build, then I shot a 14.5 ELW fluted with a kmr and I was hooked. I opted out of the fluted for some reason, can't remember why. If I could do it again I would go fluted.
View Quote

I recently liquidated a light weight 14.5'' as I already have a lightweight 11.5''.. I must be crazy for wanting to go back to a heavy barrel quad rail.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#8]
sweet, if it works for you, rock it!!!!!  
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:38:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I recently liquidated a light weight 14.5'' as I already have a lightweight 11.5''.. I must be crazy for wanting to go back to a heavy barrel quad rail.
View Quote

No, not crazy, my next build will be a heavy barrel with a quad rail, but it will be for a different purpose than this gun.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Great concept and good looking rifle!

Love it!
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great concept and good looking rifle!

Love it!
View Quote

Thanks! It's good to hear positive reviews on your rifle, I appreciate it
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:24:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top